DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016

I was going to wait until Friday to announce this, but I didn't want to overshadow the Status update, so I'm posting this today.

Patreon has given creators some bad news that affects everyone using their platform - creators and patrons.

You can read Patreon's announcement on it .

View attachment 3926867

TLDR
I'll put the TLDR here.

• Don't use Patreon's app on any Apple device to sign up for creators; you may be billed 30% extra because of Apple, or the creator will have to pay Apple that 30% out of their pocket.
  • Creators using pay-per-creation or first-of-the-month billing are forced to change to a subscription model because of Patreon's deal with Apple, and now all of those creators - me including - must rethink our entire business models.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for reading,

Dr PinkCake
The Apple thing is just Apple being Apple and fucking over their customers, so nothing really new there.

But the subscription model thing... where do I even start? First, to the people who may actually be feeling sorry for DPC let me tell you this, you are part of the problem of why shitty companies and entrepreneurs take advantage of people, this change is 100% pro-consumer, all it does is making sure you get 1 month of your subscription instead of just half a month because you forgot and subscribed on the 15th day of the month.

The way DPC tries to twist this as the end of the world is actually disgusting, absolute shitpost tier update, if his subscribers had any lick of sense there'd be a mob going after him on patreon and discord for having the gal of writing such garbage, trying to gaslight the people who allowed him to make a living out of this in the first place into thinking this is bad, but alas, we all know that will never happen.

Why did my favourite AVN's creator have to turn out to be such a greedy and narcisistic person? :HideThePain::WutFace:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
But the subscription model thing... where do I even start? First, to the people who may actually be feeling sorry for DPC let me tell you this, you are part of the problem of why shitty companies and entrepreneurs take advantage of people, this change is 100% pro-consumer, all it does is making sure you get 1 month of your subscription instead of just half a month because you forgot and subscribed on the 15th day of the month.
He didn't even noticed Patreon changed this part months ago. I'm not sure about the date, but if I remember correctly it was around January/February. I've several subscriptions where it's not from 1st to 1st, because I subscribed on other days.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Should I tell everything? :HideThePain:

You with Spock and Roger came to the thread at a relatively calm time. There were fights, drama, waifu wars most of the time. Maya vs Quinn wars that went into the political spectrum, with some calling Quinn fans nazis and Maya fans being called woke in response, Jill fans who mostly left because she was teased as a goblin and raccoon, a political guy who created alt accounts and fought against an imaginary "woke agenda in being a dik" by harassing members here and even in the off-topic thread where they like to hang out. Quinn drama again, with a group of users harassing her fans. And some Quinn fans were also causing problems.
Many members were permanently banned. Also massive fights over Interlude, because a group of loud ones were "Fuck the blue-haired girl, she delayed Ep.9, reeeeee!" Drama because of the development time. DPC's white knights vs "dev is a milker" brigade.
And the most recent is Josy drama. Many people, including me, didn't like Josy's character development and what she's became and ofc we shared our thoughts( Josy was very high when I was a rookie in BaDIK) and a group of her stans took it very personally, and this went on for months. As the thread is now memeing Josy, it's just fragments of the dramatic events that happened recently.
A lot of people left this place and prefer to post in several off-topic threads or Discord channels, because this place was much more toxic most of time.
But now this thread is less toxic now than ever and I hope it will be like this.
the best fights have already been had several times and then a mix between the year of waiting and the fact that the last chapters have brought little to talk about (because it's true that you can't talk about it for a year, but it was hard to talk about it even for the first 3 months)

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
He didn't even noticed Patreon changed this part months ago. I'm not sure about the date, but if I remember correctly it was around January/February. I've several subscriptions where it's not from 1st to 1st, because I subscribed on other days.
The option has been available for much longer than that. I changed my Patreon to the subscription model when it became available, which was September 2022. It's an option though, so it's down to the creator to decide whether or not to utilise it.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
The option has been available for much longer than that. I changed my Patreon to the subscription model when it became available, which was September 2022.
See? It's even longer as my small brain remembered. Time flies by. I don't understand this guy. Is he literally telling us he's fine with setting the own subscribers up? I mean, it sounds like it's a business model of him to let people who jumps between low and high tiers run into the "pay on 1st" trap, so he can get one more paying on higher tier from them.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Well, some event definitely help this thread gotten better.
But if anything, then thanks to Spock and other newcomers, you're filled the emptiness during this long wait.
I used to be very active here, now I just drop in occasionally. I'm too lazy to even make some meme.
Trek Spock I am Honored, Sir.gif
Filling your emptiness is a duty I am only too happy to perform :giggle:
Hey this meme from earlier was pretty fucking good :KEK: So much so, I may have been "inspired" by it :HideThePain:
Zoey Phone Zoey Dildo.gif Zoey Phone 2.png Zoey Phone 3.png

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: Better Cock Spock

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
He should have listened to her more often. And he could have gone to San Diego with her if he hadn't been such a pussy.
He doesn't know what he wants, he doesn't plan or think ahead, the dude can't even spend a week at college without falling in love with at least two girls, then running away like a bitch when it turns out they are dating each other by complete coincidence.

Going to San Diego with Zoey would be their biggest step ever, and be a more solid confirmation that they are in an actual relationship, and actually in love—something that took them both forever to realize. Idk if it would have worked out at that stage in their lives. Dumbass MC needs the heartbreak to relatively mature, just like Zoey needs the trip alone to figure out what she wants.

It would never happen, but it'd be funny if MC ended up leaving Zoey for another girl out there.
1723559294180.png

• Angry
Reactions: NebulousShooter

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
See? It's even longer as my small brain remembered. Time flies by. I don't understand this guy. Is he literally telling us he's fine with setting the own subscribers up? I mean, it sounds like it's a business model of him to let people who jumps between low and high tiers run into the "pay on 1st" trap, so he can get one more paying on higher tier from them.
I didn't realise it was that long ago, until I checked. And as a creator, I can't see a single downside for the Patrons. For DPC, the only downside I can really think of is managing perks outside of Patreon, where it would be any date, rather than one set date per month, when people might have their membership end after cancelling. But the only real place for that is Discord, and presumably he would have the Patreon bot which would automatically change membership levels in the server based on subscription...

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021

I was going to wait until Friday to announce this, but I didn't want to overshadow the Status update, so I'm posting this today.

Patreon has given creators some bad news that affects everyone using their platform - creators and patrons.

You can read Patreon's announcement on it .

View attachment 3926867

TLDR
I'll put the TLDR here.

• Don't use Patreon's app on any Apple device to sign up for creators; you may be billed 30% extra because of Apple, or the creator will have to pay Apple that 30% out of their pocket.
  • Creators using pay-per-creation or first-of-the-month billing are forced to change to a subscription model because of Patreon's deal with Apple, and now all of those creators - me including - must rethink our entire business models.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for reading,

Dr PinkCake
Maan these mofo from Apple are hurting dpc's bussiness... i wonder is he gonna ban them too...:KEK:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Maan these mofo from Apple are hurting dpc's bussiness... i wonder is he gonna ban them too...:KEK:
DPC is one of the guys who've all the latest stuff from Apple store. He's blaming Patreon, not Apple directly. Apple is sacred for their simps.

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes