Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Completely forgot about that. Yeah that would GREATLY increase the chances for scholarships but all of those easy and sensible solutions are ignored for the sake of plot :(
Can you get scholarships if you come from a very wealthy family? Serious question, I don't know about the US.

On another topic I checked Chad's phone conversation to see if there was any hint of who we was walking to, and it could be that it's a man, it has some this that may look as purposely written in an ambiguous way. Except this one... :LOL: It may still be a man, but...
screenshot0004.png

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Can you get scholarships if you come from a very wealthy family? Serious question, I don't know about the US.

On another topic I checked Chad's phone conversation to see if there was any hint of who we was walking to, and it could be that it's a man, it has some this that may look as purposely written in an ambiguous way. Except this one... :LOL: It may still be a man, but...
View attachment 417750
Chad's girlfriend be like...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrackDrap

Aug 13, 2017
Can you get scholarships if you come from a very wealthy family?
That wouldn't really matter but there are scholarships that are limited to X family income, Y background, specifically for people with disabilities, etc. There are definitely scholarships for basically everyone, and most require something such as an essay and more for a chance to get it. If this was real life, Maya would certainly be able to find one as long as she was trying to at least.

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
I kind of doubt it. She moved to a place far away and started her own life, plus there is already way to many drama for the protagonist at college.
It's fine for the MC to mention her on a flashback and move on with his life. However when she's in his phone as a character that will get some updates over time with a scene or two, you have to assume she'll make an appearance, whether fleeting or not. DPC would not be writing a good story if she doesn't at least make an appearance, considering they're still technically in contact be it on social media.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
It's fine for the MC to mention her on a flashback and move on with his life. However when she's in his phone as a character that will get some updates over time with a scene or two, you have to assume she'll make an appearance, whether fleeting or not. DPC would not be writing a good story if she doesn't at least make an appearance, considering they're still technically in contact be it on social media.
DPC already did the whole ex coming back into your life thing in AL, so I'm not sure if he'll decide to do it again. Zoe seems to be far away in another state doing her own thing so I'm not sure how he'd realistically re-introduce her back into MC's life like with MC in AL. There's way more girls in BaDIK than in AL so DPC would have his work cut out for him.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
She is in the phone because of the important role she played in the protagonist past being his first love (?), plus we really can't use those bios as a signal that someone will have a bigger role in the story. There are plenty of characters with barely any screen time who are still mentioned in said section.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
Financial aid can come in multiple forms.

The most prominent is "need-based" financial aid. This involves student loans, grants from the school itself (which are taken from the school's endowment" and other such things and the amounts are determined by (obviously) how strong your need is. If a student (or their parents) are in a lower income bracket (this is why schools ask for your financial statements when you apply) then this number goes up.

But there are also academic scholarships and these come in various flavors, too and from various outlets. A school might knock a little bit off the tuition for a student that they think is bright and will do well there, but you can also apply for scholarships from other organizations that may sponsor you for a host of reasons (like if you're a minority, or if you plan to study a particular field.)

All of this is incorporated into the final "number" that a student is expected to pay, but it's still entirely possible (given that the characters in the game are supposed to be attending a relatively prestigious institution) that even with grants from the school, scholarships from other sources and an immense set of student loans, Maya might still be in dire straits, financially, especially considering that she effectively has no support structure. (i.e. her parents aren't paying anything.) Tuition isn't the only cost, remember. There's also books, and board and food, none of which are included in just plain tuition costs. So she might be in desperate need of money for various living expenses and school-related incidentals.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Yeah, it's like Chekov's gun thing in the movies. There should be a point to showing her to us right?
Same thing, really. Chekov's gun applies to storytelling in general. It's a story we should know, though. Before that I though that the MC lost his virginity with Quinn in the CUM-petition :LOL: (Was there a mention of it before that? If there was I missed it).
It could be just a flasback, but MPC didn't need to do a full flashback to tell the story, creating a new model for Zoe... He could just have told a short version the story to Bella while watching her reactions. It seems a lot of extra effort.

But it could be just that. Making a model for a character that may not reappear again makes for a better overall game than just not doing it. It's better to have a full scene than not.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
We had to play this game as a study on how to make interesting characters, so here's a well deserved Good Job. :D
The game was really fun and creative.
Wait what you had to study this game? to make interesting characters :unsure: you should check the devs previous work a game called Acting Lessons and it's completed as well plenty to learn from with that.

Repulse Games

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
Wait what you had to study this game? to make interesting characters :unsure: you should check the devs previous work a game called Acting Lessons and it's completed as well plenty to learn from with that.
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely check it out.
And yes, we had to play it to see what makes the girls both sexy and interesting/diverse.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely check it out.
And yes, we had to play it to see what makes the girls both sexy and interesting/diverse.
Just don't take any tips about "character development" from Acting Lessons' Chapter 6, just saying :whistle:

PS. You've got me curious. Who made you study it? A dev company? Game dev school?

Repulse Games

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2019
Just don't take any tips about "character development" from Acting Lessons' Chapter 6, just saying :whistle:

PS. You've got me curious. Who made you study it? A dev company? Game dev school?
No, no. We at Repulse had to play for research because we are making a game with some adult themes (that I will post about soon) and we thought that this is a good example. And it kind of was. We learned some things that are and will be useful.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes