MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
I don't fucking believe this.

I had a sudden thought, and wondered if there would be ANY results if you google "alady". Obviously She's a Lady is one of the top results, but there's more. So much fucking more, and on top of that, it didn't even ask if I meant "a lady"!

View attachment 3961665
There are rules in life. Constants in the universe. Laws of nature. And one of them, is that ALADY is a made up fucking word! God, why have you done this??? What happened to the rules!!! :KEK: :HideThePain: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 3961668
918xai.gif
(Reaction Limits :mad: )

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

mostwanted8

Mar 8, 2024
I don't fucking believe this.

I had a sudden thought, and wondered if there would be ANY results if you google "alady". Obviously She's a Lady is one of the top results, but there's more. So much fucking more, and on top of that, it didn't even ask if I meant "a lady"!

View attachment 3961665
There are rules in life. Constants in the universe. Laws of nature. And one of them, is that ALADY is a made up fucking word! God, why have you done this??? What happened to the rules!!! :KEK: :HideThePain: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 3961668
We must stop Darkwen before Alady makes it officially into the dictionary :HideThePain:
1724465574235.png

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
The problem with trying to make multiple AVNs at once is time frame, this one is already at one update per year, if he was making two games that would make an update every two years, if he makes three at once then an update every three years. This particular dev is on his second story (there is a link to his first game in the first post).
I didn't say that .. making multiple vns at once. I did play his first game, i loved that too.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
But the kind of story is different according to the size. If you do a basic one-plot story with a "three-act structure" (between quotes because, most of the time, there are four because there's almost always a midpoint), there's a limit of number of pages or words you can do with that: more than 300 pages and it starts to get boring (and I'm being generous; minimalist authors could do with less). I've never read Wheel of Time; I guess it's probably an epic that may indeed have an overarching arc, but there are probably many subplots and small arcs to make it interesting. I can't believe they would spend 3 books and a half just doing the introduction. Epics like this run more like TV shows than movies that follow the "three-act" structure; and, probably, each book has its own "three-act" structure, though with a cliffhanger instead of a total denouement to make readers expecting for more. The kind of "one story" is quite different when it's an epic, a novel, a novella, a short story, or fast fiction.
This is what I was getting at actually. Even though it is technically one massive story there are arcs within the story. WOT is an extreme case and BADIK would have to keep going for quite a while to reach that level, but even so BADIK has already crossed the line into that territory. MC and Derek joining the DIKs is the first arc of the main story. After that comes the rebuilding arc. And then there are the characters' personal story arcs that develop along the side of the main story. The three-act structure may apply to the individual arcs, but the story as a whole has grown beyond that. Yet it is still the story of MC's college life.

Reactions: The Dick
4.80 star(s) 1,552 Votes