KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
New here? Kaiser, I love you and your posts are usually incredibly informative and well-researched, but in this instance, your research is diabolically lacking. I have been posting in this thread and reading this thread for over 5 years, and I was one of DPC's patreons for a year before that. I have seen this game from its conception, through its birth, and into its midlife crisis (Ironically a stage of life I myself am dwelling in) all I have left is hope. Leave me to my delusions, naysayer!
Ops, my mistake, I probably saw another user stats while answering your post, sorry!

• Red Heart
Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

mangosok

May 27, 2019
Derek can't die. He's got Luke Skywalker plot armour.
Doubt the game will go that far, someone getting hurt would be the worst thing I could see happening.
I mean, the character is very pleasant and the author clearly wanted readers to get attached to him. So I wouldn't be surprised if everything ends up in the best traditions of George Martin.

Reactions: KaiserST

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

This week, I finished posing the static renders for what was written for the free roam event, which I've been working on for several weeks. I still have ~10 scenes left to write and create art for before it's done - some of those scenes are rather long, too - but I have moved on to other areas of the episode for the time being to continue creating art while I have a great flow doing so.

Multiple normal scenes that are written have been waiting for art, and I've been working on them for the remainder of the week. I've posed several animations, but this week's work has mainly been static render work.

I haven't checked how many renders this episode has in quite a while, but I checked it this week and was pleasantly surprised. Counting the 400+ renders in the render queue, episode 11 currently has 4968 static renders.

That's a big number, especially considering I'm nowhere near done. I have lots of main girl content to write and create art for. We'll see the final tally when the episode is complete, but with less than 1000 renders to match the size of episode 10, it will shoot over.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Wait until this fucker takes three years for a single episode. Dude thinks he's developing a AAA game. I am surprised he hasn't announced the game is going to be developed in the Unreal engine.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Oh boy, this update wil be massive, I'm betting that it will reach 7K statics, also this huge freeroam, by itself, will probably be around 1/5 of the EP since it has around 1400 renders.

That plus the other freeroams in the episode means that over 1/3 of the episode will be freeroams, I'm sure most of you will have resoanable reactions to this info lol.

Unfortunally no animation queue updated number, but at least he mentioned he is still posing them in this report and in the one from last week, but I'm betting his animation speed average is real bad rn since all those statics are on the way.

Like I say earlier, december is impossible, so lets hope for January, but I won't hold my breath.

At least each branch has lots of content and considering just how many branches there are, we really can't be too surprised with the growing scale of the game.

(We can/should still insult DPC for the 60fps animations decision though)

U are new here, you still have hope...

That's admirable, but futile.

Doubt the game will go that far, someone getting hurt would be the worst thing I could see happening.

Unfortunally quality takes time, at least I'm fairly sure that the episode will make the wait worthwhile, DPC hasn't delivered something that wasn't awesome by mine standarts.

I have been saying that for a while, you guys should read my posts more lol.
It was enough to break the run in which he does not engage with any LI into multiple runs, forcing us af a new crossroads, to increase branching.....

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
I mean, the character is very pleasant and the author clearly wanted readers to get attached to him. So I wouldn't be surprised if everything ends up in the best traditions of George Martin.
Not saying Derek won't get a bad ending, but I doubt it will go that far since it really doesn't fit the overall tone of this game, now sure DPC has "history" with that kind of thing, but he also said that BAK won't be as dark as AL.

Wait until this fucker takes three years for a single episode. Dude thinks he's developing a AAA game. I am surprised he hasn't announced the game is going to be developed in the Unreal engine.
DO NOT GIVE HIM IDEAS, THE FUCKER IS ALREADY DOING SOME 90/120 FPS ANIMATIONS FOR SOME GOD DAMM REASON. HE DOES NOT NEED ANOTHER WAY TO INCREASE DEV TIME.

It was enough to break the run in which he does not engage with any LI into multiple runs, forcing us af a new crossroads, to increase branching.....
To be fair to him, I'm fairly certain the other paths is getting these mini paths due to the popularity of some of the girls like Quinn, Lily, Riona & Nicole.

But yeah, the others path was supposed to be easier, at this point I'm going to need over 10 saves: J/M, Sage, Jill, Bella, Quinn, Lily, Riona, Nicole, Nora, Hots in general & Bella/Jill.

Last edited:

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020

This week, I finished posing the static renders for what was written for the free roam event, which I've been working on for several weeks. I still have ~10 scenes left to write and create art for before it's done - some of those scenes are rather long, too - but I have moved on to other areas of the episode for the time being to continue creating art while I have a great flow doing so.

Multiple normal scenes that are written have been waiting for art, and I've been working on them for the remainder of the week. I've posed several animations, but this week's work has mainly been static render work.

I haven't checked how many renders this episode has in quite a while, but I checked it this week and was pleasantly surprised. Counting the 400+ renders in the render queue, episode 11 currently has 4968 static renders.

That's a big number, especially considering I'm nowhere near done. I have lots of main girl content to write and create art for. We'll see the final tally when the episode is complete, but with less than 1000 renders to match the size of episode 10, it will shoot over.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Thank You for the update your the man
who-is-the-man-you-are-the-man.gif
So, can we stop with the December meme now?
Already done a long time ago
View attachment 3982065
I mean, December was definitely taken off the table a while ago... but this is just absurd. I want to cum gallons for weeks on end with all this shit he still isn't done with yet.
It's been a while when most of us rule out December
Oh boy, this update wil be massive, I'm betting that it will reach 7K statics, also this huge freeroam, by itself, will probably be around 1/5 of the EP since it has around 1400 renders.

That plus the other freeroams in the episode means that over 1/3 of the episode will be freeroams, I'm sure most of you will have resoanable reactions to this info lol.

Unfortunally no animation queue updated number, but at least he mentioned he is still posing them in this report and in the one from last week, but I'm betting his animation speed average is real bad rn since all those statics are on the way.

Like I say earlier, december is impossible, so lets hope for January, but I won't hold my breath.

At least each branch has lots of content and considering just how many branches there are, we really can't be too surprised with the growing scale of the game.

Unfortunally quality takes time, at least I'm fairly sure that the episode will make the wait worthwhile, DPC hasn't delivered something that wasn't awesome by mine standarts.

January is looking pretty grim now and February is the most probable release date
I still believe in Nov 30 2024 11:52 pm.
I hate to break it to you December is already impossible and you still think it will come out of November. Well miracle do happen but I doubt it will happen here

• Sad

Znar26

Jul 8, 2024
".....especially considering I'm nowhere near done"

8 months done.

4 months to December, inclusive.

Stranded Astronauts get back to Earth in Feb 25.

Ep11 gets released.

Which happens first? :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To be fair to him, I'm fairly certain the other paths is getting these mini paths due to the popularity of some of the girls like Quinn, Lily, Riona & Nicole.

But yeah, the others path was supposed to be easier, at this point I'm going to need over 10 saves: J/M, Sage, Jill, Bella, Quinn, Lily, Nicole, Nora, Hots in general & Bella/Jill.
It would almost seem that you are claiming that dpc modified his original plan, surely I misunderstood.... :ROFLMAO: :geek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Macky009

Formerly 'Mackey32'
Oct 29, 2020
You shouldn't lie like that.

You don't hate breaking it to me at all.
You're right I love breaking it to you:devilish:

But all jokes aside, I doubt it will come out of November it's a pretty tight deadline if you ask me even if he hire new people to work for him DPC will not make it on November even in December

Dec 21, 2021
But yeah, the others path was supposed to be easier, at this point I'm going to need over 10 saves: J/M, Sage, Jill, Bella, Quinn, Lily, Riona, Nicole, Nora, Hots in general & Bella/Jill.
DPC and his ridiculous amounts of branches and changes are amazing to behold but frustrating if you want to see everything. I'm on 22 paths right now just to see all of the different possible permutations and dialogue changes, and I am sure there are other combinations that have changes I am not thinking of.

1. DIK Sage
  2. DIK Sage (xJade)
  3. DIK Sage (xCheat)
  4. DIK Sage (xJosy/Maya)
  5. DIK Zoey
  6. DIK Others (xManwhore)
  7. DIK Others (xTrainwreck)
  8. DIK Others (Nicole)
  9. DIK Others (Lily)
  10. DIK Others (Riona)
  11. DIK Others (Quinn)
  12. DIK Others (Sarah/Mel)
  13. DIK Others (Vixens)
  14. Neutral Josy/Maya
  15. Neutral Josy/Maya (xJosy)
  16. Neutral Josy/Maya (xMaya)
  17. CHICK Jill
  18. CHICK Jill (xBianca)
  19. CHICK Jill (xBella)
  20. CHICK Jill (xCheat)
  21. CHICK Bella
  22. CHICK Bella (xJill)

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
I haven't played the author's previous games, but everyone here just writes that BaDIK less gloomy and dark than the previous ones.
You know, comparing these two games, we can make erroneous conclusions.
Yes, on the one hand, these are two games by the same developer, but we must not forget that the games are created in completely different genres.
"Acting Lessons" is a psychological thriller, and "Being a Dik" is more of a melodrama.
All the events in "AL" fit into the logical framework, the laws of the genre.
But nothing yet indicates that the events in the "BaDIK" will take such a gloomy turn.

Reactions: mangosok

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
I dont do DIK/CHICH/Neutral variations for the sake of my sanity and my wrists lol.

DPC and his ridiculous amounts of branches and changes are amazing to behold but frustrating if you want to see everything. I'm on 22 paths right now just to see all of the different possible permutations and dialogue changes, and I am sure there are other combinations that have changes I am not thinking of.

1. DIK Sage
  2. DIK Sage (xJade)
  3. DIK Sage (xCheat)
  4. DIK Sage (xJosy/Maya)
  5. DIK Zoey
  6. DIK Others (xManwhore)
  7. DIK Others (xTrainwreck)
  8. DIK Others (Nicole)
  9. DIK Others (Lily)
  10. DIK Others (Riona)
  11. DIK Others (Quinn)
  12. DIK Others (Sarah/Mel)
  13. DIK Others (Vixens)
  14. Neutral Josy/Maya
  15. Neutral Josy/Maya (xJosy)
  16. Neutral Josy/Maya (xMaya)
  17. CHICK Jill
  18. CHICK Jill (xBianca)
  19. CHICK Jill (xBella)
  20. CHICK Jill (xCheat)
  21. CHICK Bella
  22. CHICK Bella (xJill)
I admire your focus and comitement.

It would almost seem that you are claiming that dpc modified his original plan, surely I misunderstood.... :ROFLMAO: :geek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, he did start the game over 6 years ago, it wouldn't be impossible lol.

".....especially considering I'm nowhere near done"

8 months done.

4 months to December, inclusive.

Stranded Astronauts get back to Earth in Feb 25.

Ep11 gets released.

Which happens first? :ROFLMAO:
Honestly that will be quite the race, but I'm still betting on late january.

January is looking pretty grim now and February is the most probable release date
It all depends on the animation queue, the last time we got a real update was 6 weeks ago, then he had over 270 posed and still had to pose over 100.

Since then he posed a few, but we can't know for sure how many. If I were to guess there are still some 80 left to be posed.

Reactions: Macky009

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019

Still going to say late Autumn until we get past there. Frankly I won't be surprised if the pace picks up once they're out of posing and rendering shots with 50 characters in that they're going perfectionist over.

4.80 star(s) 1,552 Votes