Better Cock Spock

Engaged Member
Jul 29, 2017
So I've been trying to figure out the specific dates of the game events. Not much to work with so progress is slow. Best clues were in episode 10. Lily asks on Rooster if they can do the clean up on Monday so Nov 1st must be either Saturday or Sunday. During the free roam MC comments that classes resume the next day so it must be a Sunday.

We don't know which week the semester started but if it is the typical mid to late August, then MC's birthday, which is on Thursday of week 3 of the semester, might be Sep 10th.

That would mean that the Friday after when you have to choose between Jill and Sage is 9/11.

Kind of a holy shit moment for me so I thought I'd share.
Too bad you didn't post this yesterday :HideThePain:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I doubt Riona gets a scene in 11 and maybe not even in 12 depending.

Nicole is the one I'm most surprised about though, we've seen a lot from this episode, I thought we'd see her by now.

Personally I've been indifferent towards Madame since she's been introduced, I think the VIP should have included more girls from the Pink Rose but it is what it is, her scenes are rather short and basic, doubt it takes Pinkcakes too long to make her content.
all those veins and extra oily skin eats through his GPUs :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: godkingxerxes

The Dick

Oct 22, 2022
Joe is also shorthand for Joseph or Joel.
Just like Dick and/or Bob is for Robert.

Johannes would shortened with a simple "Jo" with no "e".

If people are using the male spelling for a girl name,
then they're going outside the norm to try and be original, which it isn't.
It's actually lame and lack of imagination.
Most folks in the more recent generations lack imagination for new unique non-stupid sounding names. So I wouldn't be surprised if more started naming girls with guy names and vice versa.

The moral of the argument is simple, we're pretty fucked as a society.
:ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure Dick is typically short for Richard and Johannes is a male name so it should be Joe with an e.
Dick is indeed the nickname for Richard. Johannes is actually John in other Germanic languages (and also Latin and transliterated Greek), so, though Joe can be the nickname for any name starting with "Jo-", the commonest nickname would be Johnny.

Chalk boss

Aug 31, 2024
Didnt checked it, but are the madame Rose lewds even 60 FPS animations? I think they are only 30 fps... so there is a good chance DPC created the lewds for her already during the episode 8 DEV cycle. Wouldnt surpise me much if DPC created all the madame content in one go. And yeah all together madame rose dont have more than 100 still renders, not even 100. The animatiosn are rather short too. So... to create all the madame content it wouldnt take DPC more than one week. Nothing that delays a DEV cycle at all. Sometimes DPC creates stuff just to do something different. Madame Rose is something like that.

He either creates this stuff or gets bored and burned out doing the "regular" stuff. That was one of the main reasons for the interlude too. He needed that just to do something different for a while.

Its very likely he will do another interlude in my opinion after Season 3 to shake things up again and to gain some more energy for the last season.
Episode 9 and 10 together have already nearly the same amount of renders than the whole season 2 together.

Every single episode was growing bigger than the one before.

Episode 1 - 1301 still renders and 51 animations
episode 2 - 1709 still renders and 77 animations
Episode 3 - 2289 still renders and 99 animations
Episode 4 - 2532/134
Episode 5 - 2456/157 the only exception was kinda the same as episode 4 (funny how that is, ep 4 and 5 are my least favorites too, followed by EP9)
Episode 6 - 3336/162
Episode 7 - 3722/250 Huge increase of animations now, and in that timeframe DPC made a huge hardware upgrade too, since than he went nuts with animations
Episode 8 - 4158/358

After Episode 8 he did so much being a dik that he got a little tired of it, thats why he created the Interlude. And before that he started to create some side-characters just to mix things up a little more, like Nora and Sandy in ep 6 or Madame Rose later on. Its not that time-consuming to make side-girls which appears only once in a while, He did so in the past with Brandi or Rose from the Pink Rose, and will do so in the future, just to make something different here and there to mix things up for the game and his workflow.

Its obvious that DPC is somebody who gets bored easily creating the same stuff again and again. Which is another reason why he does everything himself, even creating music for the game for a while. He just needs that to keep things going. If he would focus too much on the maingirls and the popular sidegilrs like the majority of players want too, the game would already be abandoned.

So yeah all that considered, its very likely that he will do another interlude after season 3, and its more than understandable that he creates stuff like Madame Rose once in a while otherwise he would lose interest in the whole project.

Besides... 99% of the DEVs around here lose interest in their project pretty fast, most games dont even have more than 3000 renders and get boring VERY fast and you can sense that the DEVs just want to be done with the project at some point or are just milking and dont do actual work on the game alltogether.

DPC somehow managed to put out more and more content with each episode and keeps things interesting for us and himself by mixing things into the game that others dont do. Creating als the "unnecessary" stuff is kinda his secret to keep the fire alive i think. Without it, this game would certainly already been abandoned. So yeah... curse Madame Rose, Minigames, and other stuff all you want, i dont like many of those things either, but overall its the price to pay to keep things going i would say. And i certainly prefer to deal with those things during a playthrough and get a complete wholesome game in the end, rather than getting a rushed ending or even abrupt ending of a game with a bitter taste afterwards cause the DEVs lost interest in creating the same stuff all the time and are not enough commited to their "baby".
In my opinion the constant growth of renders and animations is one indirect, or perhaps a direct sign of burnout. Let's face it: the episode growth is mostly due to bloated freeroams, each of which can be cut by half without any problems and it won't lose quality. They've already stopped being fun since ep7, and have become a regular chore. You just go from room to room, talking about pretty much the same thing with different characters. Not to mention the minigames from ep10, some of which are rather oddly designed.
One of the main markers of a good minigame is that you enjoy playing it after 10 or more replayings. Mansion Repair is still fun to play. The same goes for brawler and English. The lab minigame is probably interesting on the first two or three playthroughs, but then it gets wildly boring and becomes just plain rote memorization.
Burnout is impossible to avoid and I think DPC has already reached it, and the high number of renders is one symptom of burnout. He pays too much attention to incidental and secondary things. He is unable to create a coherent and succinct episode, so he has to stretch out many scenes. I'm pretty sure he yawns when writing script and dialog during development.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
After Ep.6 ending, when Patrick coming to her dorm, DPC teased people not showing Maya previews. At the time, it made people theorize that Patrick had called Maya home, but now no one really cares, you're right.
It sounds bad, but we all know that maya will be there, after all her problem has been dragging on like gum on a shoe and will continue until the final season. :KEK:
guy-stare-bald-stare.gif
how exciting, don't you think?:Kappa: :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: L1m1tl3ss

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
So I've been trying to figure out the specific dates of the game events. Not much to work with so progress is slow. Best clues were in episode 10. Lily asks on Rooster if they can do the clean up on Monday so Nov 1st must be either Saturday or Sunday. During the free roam MC comments that classes resume the next day so it must be a Sunday.

We don't know which week the semester started but if it is the typical mid to late August, then MC's birthday, which is on Thursday of week 3 of the semester, might be Sep 10th.

That would mean that the Friday after when you have to choose between Jill and Sage is 9/11.

Kind of a holy shit moment for me so I thought I'd share.
someone has already made a map of the continuity of the game. :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,561 Votes