Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
So, of all DPC's twists and cliffhangers which one was your favorite and which one worked the best?:unsure:

I would assume most people would pick Chad and Troy, but for us here in this thread we were already on board with that theory ever since a random bro posted about the red sneakers in Troy's room all the way back in Season 1.

Zoey coming back? I for one always expected she will show up since it was easy drama, but so far thank fuck DPC didn't use her like that, it's actually the storyline I am most surprised(pleasantly) about how its going. Hope he delivers the start of her route next ep copium

Sage Burke? I feel most here consider it universally dumb and depending on how you played your save overly dramatic for no reason.
Yeah the Sage one is really only dramatic if you fuck Jade. Tybalt being a threat to the Maya situation is impossible to take seriously.

Zoey's comeback was something I expected to happen anyway so it wasn't really a surprise, but it did make season 3 more interesting.

Now Jill seeing MC and Bella was a twist I wasn't expecting. There was going to be some friction no matter what, but Jill actually catching them going at it was way more than I saw coming.

The DIKs finding out about MC's girlfriend(s) were decent cliffhangers, but Sage's and Jill's were a lot tamer than the other two.

Nick and Heather I did not see coming, but I ship it.

I'm extremely curious what happened at Bella's while you try to get the documents, but there aren't any real hints about it so you can't really call it a cliffhanger. There is a lot of twist potential there but it hasn't happened yet so it doesn't really count at the moment.

Rionapping is perhaps the most intense cliffhanger the game has had.

For me it looking forward to Josy and Maya breaking up
Since you see it coming it isn't much of a twist. And since nothing in episode 10 suggests it is imminent it's not a cliffhanger. Now if one of them had said to the other: "We need to talk." at the end of the episode that would have been a cliffhanger, if a somewhat cliche one.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Care to elaborate?
after we saw Bella being discovered by the DIKs as she exited MC's room in the sixth chapter, without any real consequence, why should we fear the others being discovered?

it's not a canon event, but we know it can happen and Bella's grim look is enough to avert any danger. it's like with a magic trick, at encore you necessarily get less excited.

Reactions: Joshy92

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
So, of all DPC's twists and cliffhangers which one was your favorite and which one worked the best?:unsure:

I would assume most people would pick Chad and Troy, but for us here in this thread we were already on board with that theory ever since a random bro posted about the red sneakers in Troy's room all the way back in Season 1.

Zoey coming back? I for one always expected she will show up since it was easy drama, but so far thank fuck DPC didn't use her like that, it's actually the storyline I am most surprised(pleasantly) about how its going. Hope he delivers the start of her route next ep copium

Sage Burke? I feel most here consider it universally dumb and depending on how you played your save overly dramatic for no reason.
To me, the best one was Patrick abusing Maya with the "Do you see?" scene in which the flashbacks played back to every moment that Maya had said it before. I noticed that the way Maya always said it was strange, but I never expected that the way she held her arm with the other hand was to cover up the bruises caused by Patrick's abusive squeezing. It's the highlight of the plotline concerning Maya and her problems with Patrick and the student loan so far.

Initially, witnessing the Chad and Troy reveal caught me off guard, but it made a lot of sense the more I thought about it. I didn't like it too much as a "plot twist", it was pretty mediocre in that way.

I didn't even take Zoey coming back as a plot twist because I saw it coming. While I enjoyed seeing her return, it wasn't exactly a great cliffhanger.

Sage being a Burke could've been good if DPC didn't fuck it up with the overdramatized horseshit way that the MC started behaving about it before he went on his "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!" tirade. Overall, could've been good but wasn't because it's part of DPC's subpar writing where he'll selectively have the MC act like an exaggeratedly dumb person which is for the players to pretend that these moments are more credible than they actually are.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
after we saw Bella being discovered by the DIKs as she exited MC's room in the sixth chapter, without any real consequence, why should we fear the others being discovered?

it's not a canon event, but we know it can happen and Bella's grim look is enough to avert any danger. it's like with a magic trick, at encore you necessarily get less excited.
Cliffhangers aren't exclusively about fear. You can be positively excited for them too.

We have two previous walks of shame. Bella did indeed silence them with a look, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences if she keeps getting caught. You said it yourself an encore is less impressive. Will the look keep working? Will it work on everyone?

Tommy seeing Josy had serious drama potential and her previous walk was decent foreshadowing. It ended up being anti-climactic in episode 10, but it was a decent set up.

Same goes for Jill. Rusty was shocked as hell about it, but nothing happened in episode 10.

Sage set up positive expectations if you didn't fuck Jade and if you did and the DIKs saw the evidence you get a reminder of that.

The set ups were good. Episode 10 just didn't deliver on them. Same could easily happen to the Rionapping. It's exciting now, but will episode 11 deliver on that excitement?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Cliffhangers aren't exclusively about fear. You can be positively excited for them too.

We have two previous walks of shame. Bella did indeed silence them with a look, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences if she keeps getting caught. You said it yourself an encore is less impressive. Will the look keep working? Will it work on everyone?

Tommy seeing Josy had serious drama potential and her previous walk was decent foreshadowing. It ended up being anti-climactic in episode 10, but it was a decent set up.

Same goes for Jill. Rusty was shocked as hell about it, but nothing happened in episode 10.

Sage set up positive expectations if you didn't fuck Jade and if you did and the DIKs saw the evidence you get a reminder of that.

The set ups were good. Episode 10 just didn't deliver on them. Same could easily happen to the Rionapping. It's exciting now, but will episode 11 deliver on that excitement?
the fact that 3 chapters have passed and that Bella is again caught leaving the MC room I would say are 2 very good proofs that the first time it happened it will not have consequences....

“Out of the game,” in this thread, any event has excellent potential, but then in the game this never happens.

my point remains that, if the LI who most should keep her relationship with MC a secret, comes out unaffected i have no reason to think that anything really interesting can happen. then i also consider it quite naive to think that from the walk of shame who knows what specific situations should have been generated on the single run, when we know that the body of the game, the essence of the story is exactly the same in every run.

Then if we really want to analyze the specific situations:
  • for Sage and Jill it was really hard to see why that would ever be a problem, so much so that then in reality it is not the DIKs who discover anything, but there is a real announcement to the public.
  • what on earth was Tommy supposed to do? we're talking about a character who has consistently, from the very first moment, had an aggressive attitude toward MC, what more was he supposed to do? another fight?
  • Bella after being found out by everyone is found out again but by one DIK, who by the way already knew from last time, but only this time a terrible clockwork mechanism will trigger inexorable

so a weak magic trick performed 2 times in a row

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NebulousShooter

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021

Looking forward to the cliff hanger where the truth really comes out !!

Jill is behind drugs and prostitution.Nobody would suspect her.she is,in fact, a witch sacrificing babies to prolong her life and youth-that's why she has that old black and white photo.

She corrupted Quinn's soul - that's why Quinn tried to cause some reaction from MC.that's her only way to plead for help.

That watermelon in Tybalt's room ? That was his GF and she turned her into the watermelon.

She is Chad's secret GF and not just his.She is sleeping with half of the campus because she needs semen for her spells.
She hates kittens and puppies - except if they're for BBQ.She is seducing MC only because she wants to steal his dad's toilet.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
Jill is behind drugs and prostitution.Nobody would suspect her.she is,in fact, a witch sacrificing babies to prolong her life and youth-that's why she has that old black and white photo.

She corrupted Quinn's soul - that's why Quinn tried to cause some reaction from MC.that's her only way to plead for help.
true.gif
Hallelujah. :rolleyes:
Finally some glimmer of common sense in your speech.:cautious:

couchwaffle

Apr 15, 2019
Ok, so I just finished this game. This isn't really a review, but I just wanted to say I'm kinda new to AVN games so I don't have a lot to compare this game to, but I have to say I'm so surprised at what this game turned out to be. There's a lot of depth to the characters and story that I wasn't really expecting. I was hooked after playing a couple of chapters and now I can't wait for more. Just insanely well done. I would absolutely watch the shit out of this if it were a tv series or something. That's all.

Also, as a woman I was kinda expecting this game to just appeal to guys but I would say its also really satisfying to play even for us girls.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Ok, so I just finished this game. This isn't really a review, but I just wanted to say I'm kinda new to AVN games so I don't have a lot to compare this game to, but I have to say I'm so surprised at what this game turned out to be. There's a lot of depth to the characters and story that I wasn't really expecting. I was hooked after playing a couple of chapters and now I can't wait for more. Just insanely well done. I would absolutely watch the shit out of this if it were a tv series or something. That's all.

Also, as a woman I was kinda expecting this game to just appeal to guys but I would say its also really satisfying to play even for us girls.
Who were your favorite characters?

couchwaffle

Apr 15, 2019
Who were your favorite characters?
Quinn, Sage, Tommy and Maya in no real order but also Riona and Jill started to grow on me in later chapters. Zoey's cool too, I feel like when she gets more content she'll flesh out more and be really good. It's actually hard for me to pick because I really liked most of the characters and it feels like some of them are getting more attention and agency in the later chapters.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

1. Zoey is back. For me, it was a breath of fresh air in the game and kept my interest up. So far this is truly one of the few cliffhangers that changes the game for before and after. Most of them are FUCK FUCK FUCK moments.
2. Destroyed mansion. This revealed MC's leadership qualities and brought him closer to the DIKs.
3. Riona's kidnapping seems like a really dangerous turn of events and I would like to have a real feeling in the game that we are "on the edge" and not another moment like at the end of Ep.8 that doesn't lead to consequences.

M/J Ep.3 reveal wasn't that surprised at the time, it was shortly after Acting Lessons ended, less than a year later and DPC just going down the path of another Throuple. Chad/Troy was a bigger surprise, I had no idea they were gay.

Thanks.

yep she knows everything about it, loves Jill.
That's awesome she's sharing your passions.

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Wait it does that?

I noticed the instruction to keep it clean, but I thought your quote would just be left out.

I always put: "I'm more than just a big ... rooster, you know." Because at that point everyone knows MC has a big cock.

Guess in spite of having rooster instead of twitter the game doesn't recognise that rooster = cock.

Or I've got a dirtier mind than DPC does.
HA! Don't make me laugh. "Rooster" probably gets a pass because it's already in the game as an innocuous term, your yearbook quote could be like "Don't check my Rooster profile" or something like that. Besides, there's way worse that's not allowed, see below.
on the same topic as "names we can't choose because Sage wouldn't believe us" we got "quotes we can't write on the yearbook because of profanity".

now if only there was was a way to bypass this:

View attachment 4042967
I'm not going to directly copy and paste, with all the shit on this list I might set off an automated report. But it is... extensive.
1726605852146.png 1726605866914.png 1726605877319.png 1726605891678.png 1726605904824.png 1726605915218.png
I get that the logic is B&R wouldn't allow the majority of these words, but some are quite tame. Also there's a lot of repeats but some unique words.

VaderExMachina

Brazilian Sith Lord
Donor
Nov 21, 2022
From where? :love:
most who i know have one got theirs from here:

(the design is already premade, just change to your size and change the materials as you preffer, i'd go for cotton fleece)

but i had mine made at a local tailor, since that website's prices and shipping costs are prohibitively expensive for me.

4.80 star(s) 1,562 Votes