Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
You fucking asshole!
:mad:

You're a dick you know that right?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It physically hurt to write that poorly :ROFLMAO:
Nah, sure I don't like how she looks in general even if in some scenes I'm forced to admit she looks sweet and so forth. But what killed it for me is when she used the MC by means of his guitar. She damn well knew it wasn't a legit gift and after seeing how the MC reacted she took advantage of him like it was nothing. Didn't give a shit he was wronged and added insult to injury by manipulating him.

And that's not even touching the fact that her temper just gets the MC in trouble. I've done paths where I completely ignore her. And I have to admit that this bit in DPC's writing is extremely weak, as in piss fucking poor, by constantly shoving her path down your throat.

So even if Sage's character is by far, light years better than Maya's. She sort of falls into that same 'annoying characters' category for me.

DPC has created so many character paths that I honestly cannot understand the absolute need to fucking annoy players who don't want to have anything to do with some LIs, to be constantly forced to deal with them. That is such piss poor writing abilities on his part.

Sorry, I sort of went off the deep end there. Some people hate mini games, others it's the free roams. For me it's shitty-ass writing. I don't think anything can get under my skin more than that, other than shitheads that can't type "you" and just say "u". The latter typically earns himself an instant block list position.
:cautious:
But on a serious note, I've never ever understood people's complaints about Main Girls "being shoved down their throats." Stories with branching still adhere to a basic framework, and that includes mainstay characters. The only time the branching is super prominent is Episode 4, depending on who you stay with means some girls are virtually absent.

Like take Fallout: New Vegas. Popular game often praised for the story and great variety of choice. But no matter how you play the game, any advancement in the story requires interacting with the paths you are ignoring: the NCR, Caesar and Mr. House. Even Yes Man has you deal with the others in some fashion.

Well okay, I reject all the Main Girls and stick to the Others path. But I'm still friends with everyone, as every relationship was built up for the past 2 seasons, regardless of romantic pursuit. MC is still invested in Maya's happiness and well-being, and that includes helping with the loan plot. And so on and so on.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It physically hurt to write that poorly :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
But on a serious note, I've never ever understood people's complaints about Main Girls "being shoved down their throats." Stories with branching still adhere to a basic framework, and that includes mainstay characters. The only time the branching is super prominent is Episode 4, depending on who you stay with means some girls are virtually absent.

Like take Fallout: New Vegas. Popular game often praised for the story and great variety of choice. But no matter how you play the game, any advancement in the story requires interacting with the paths you are ignoring: the NCR, Caesar and Mr. House. Even Yes Man has you deal with the others in some fashion.

Well okay, I reject all the Main Girls and stick to the Others path. But I'm still friends with everyone, as every relationship was built up for the past 2 seasons, regardless of romantic pursuit. MC is still invested in Maya's happiness and well-being, and that includes helping with the loan plot. And so on and so on.
Ok, I get your point of view, and frankly to some extent I can also accept it. But my main argument stems from the point of view that DPC is spending so much time being meticulous about details and hidden clues. That's not to mention all the side girls he's spending time on (some might argue, wasting time on) that, he could have spent that extra time and resources on polishing the main paths more.

I won't even get into the Josy and Maya debacle, but to keep this one short, it's like he's trying to tease the Harem genre without going actual harem. It's like "Fuck off already and get it done". But instead it is seriously starting to feel like, he'll find any excuse to add more useless shit just to prolong the entire project just to milk even more cash out of doorknobs with more money than brains.

In my mind that felt like it was supposed to be shorter than that.

*Edit*
If only I could post that on his Discord.
I'd give anything to see what shitshow would ensue after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Better Cock Spock

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

Ok, I get your point of view, and frankly to some extent I can also accept it. But my main argument stems from the point of view that DPC is spending so much time being meticulous about details and hidden clues. That's not to mention all the side girls he's spending time on (some might argue, wasting time on) that, he could have spent that extra time and resources on polishing the main paths more.

I won't even get into the Josy and Maya debacle, but to keep this one short, it's like he's trying to tease the Harem genre without going actual harem. It's like "Fuck off already and get it done". But instead it is seriously starting to feel like, he'll find any excuse to add more useless shit just to prolong the entire project just to milk even more cash out of doorknobs with more money than brains.

In my mind that felt like it was supposed to be shorter than that.
I can get that. He's certainly self-indulgent, and that absolutely shows in how much goddamn time he takes. But on the flip side, it makes me more appreciative of what we do get. But obviously that can be subjective. For example, Bella blinking in this animation.
Bella Cuddle.gif
Someone responded to me last time I used it, saying they didn't notice her eyelashes flutter to indicate she's blinking. And I can't blame them. But it's such a nice detail, despite being very small and honestly 100% unnecessary.
Of course, contrast that with 60 FPS animations. Or Madame scenes. Or the preps walking/Zoey running.

As for focusing more heavily on the side characters, I honestly can't hate on that. Like I'm surprised how many people actually liked Stephen's extended flashback sequence in the middle of Episode 10, I would've thought bitching and moaning about how pointless it was would be more prevalent. But no, it was a good scene, fleshed him out a hell of a lot more, some people even find him sympathetic now. Sounds like time well spent on DPC's part.

He is taking way too long though, there's a point where enough is enough, and he can't seem to see that. He thought about splitting the last episode, that should be a clear sign.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I can get that. He's certainly self-indulgent, and that absolutely shows in how much goddamn time he takes. But on the flip side, it makes me more appreciative of what we do get. But obviously that can be subjective. For example, Bella blinking in this animation.
View attachment 4113507
Someone responded to me last time I used it, saying they didn't notice her eyelashes flutter to indicate she's blinking. And I can't blame them. But it's such a nice detail, despite being very small and honestly 100% unnecessary.
Of course, contrast that with 60 FPS animations. Or Madame scenes. Or the preps walking/Zoey running.

As for focusing more heavily on the side characters, I honestly can't hate on that. Like I'm surprised how many people actually liked Stephen's extended flashback sequence in the middle of Episode 10, I would've thought bitching and moaning about how pointless it was would be more prevalent. But no, it was a good scene, fleshed him out a hell of a lot more, some people even find him sympathetic now. Sounds like time well spent on DPC's part.

He is taking way too long though, there's a point where enough is enough, and he can't seem to see that. He thought about splitting the last episode, that should be a clear sign.
Every time I see that render, I start wondering when Tremolo broke his arm. That looks way more like a cast than a shirt sleeve.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I agree, it's a nice detail. But the fact it just looks fake also kills it for me. I mean who the fuck blinks that slow?

Hey DPC! If you're going to add small details like "blinking" in your animations, how about you make them look natural at the very fucking least!? Seriously? Who the fuck blinks that slow? But then again why am I complaining about that, when the rest of the animations are also kinda crap. lol

Every time I see that render, I start wondering when Tremolo broke his arm. That looks way more like a cast than a shirt sleeve.
Seems you had that impression as well.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I agree, it's a nice detail. But the fact it just looks fake also kills it for me. I mean who the fuck blinks that slow?

Hey DPC! If you're going to add small details like "blinking" in your animations, how about you make them look natural at the very fucking least!? Seriously? Who the fuck blinks that slow? But then again why am I complaining about that, when the rest of the animations are also kinda crap. lol

Seems you had that impression as well.
He modelled his blinking animations on Zootopia. ;) :LOL:

flash-slothmore-zootopia.gif

• Haha
Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

It doesn't seem inordinately slow to me. Like compared to a normal blink, yeah it's slow. But it's a romantic setting, she's in a relaxed position, I can imagine just sort of taking in the mood, enjoying the moment and blinking a little slower.

... but I'd say that's more appropriate if she were facing MC, making eye contact.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It doesn't seem inordinately slow to me. Like compared to a normal blink, yeah it's slow. But it's a romantic setting, she's in a relaxed position, I can imagine just sort of taking in the mood, enjoying the moment and blinking a little slower.

... but I'd say that's more appropriate if she were facing MC, making eye contact.
Nah, I think it's all about how many frames he likes to add to his totals to show he's not slaking off. DPC would make a perfect politician. IE talks a lot, but says nothing.

4.80 star(s) 1,546 Votes