Shadow74

Jun 3, 2020
The next update appears to happen during christmas, so it would make sense that would be released by december.
If DPC is gonna have it ready by then is another matter...

Aug 7, 2018
I have never played this game before, I want to see why it is so popular but the game does not start :confused:
I downloaded the game from " Season 1 - 2 " -> "Win/Linux: " -> "Mega"

WinstonChurchill Shows

Formerly 'ajajaj9820'
Dec 17, 2022
hey a quick question i am only familiar with american culture through internet , this might seem stupid but please answer sincearly . How much this game is similar to real college life in America ?

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Yes, DPC wrote about decisions. It is the player's decision whether he has turned off the mini-games, whether he lets the MC learn or whether the MC cheats. Think along these lines. They are the player's decisions.
Well, this is a clear distortion and falsification of facts on your part. There's a clear difference between mini-games outcomes and real choices which is given to player throughout the game. And those choices are separated between major and minor ones.

Turning mini-games off doesn't prevent player from getting the same outcomes in compare with playing with mini-games on. It's so obvious... Cheating on regular classes only gives you a +1 DIK point and nothing more. It's not tracked in any way. Only major choice of cheating on midterms is tracked, cause this event have a particular variable, and it leads to a known consequences (one of 3). As a coincidence it was a major choice.

In short - turning mini-games off changing the gameplay style and speed, but doesn't change the story and the plot. It's almost the same as changing resolution or setting the volume of music.

DPC has already incorporated the results of mini-games into the story. Why are you ignoring that? Example: villa renovation. Can Rusty keep his car or not? This results in different stories in retrospect.
I'm not ignoring it. But so far it brings mostly a cosmetic differences here and there. Well ok, it prevents MC from getting a lewd scene with Quinn. But... that scene changes really nothing, while MCs answer on Quinn's question changes a lot for her sub-branch in a perspective. Then it brings a couple of different renders and dialogue lines during date with Sage - even less significant. And I heavily doubt that it will change in the future. Even in case with such major and really important mini-game like mansion renovation. While our conversation started from tennis match... You suppose that the tennis match outcome is changing MC's past or what?

You just don't understand it. DPC can twist and turn his story as he pleases. You are far too fixated on the existing code and forget that with every new EP, new lines of code are added that build on the older variables and can lead to completely different results in the story.
I'm not fixated on anything. I just trying to constantly remind you that game is not an abstract thing, it's a product which have a a lot of limitations in different directions due to game engine, programming as is, pryncipals of operation and development as well as developer view on it. The Season 1-2 is a finished product, period. Update at THIS moment is only possible to fix and adress some bug, but since no bugs were found for years already it's quite unprobable. And bug fixing updates are not equal to altering the plot and story or code itself ones, like by adding/modifying variables, etc. So, just accept that a bunch and set of variables transferred and remembered in the end of Season 2 are cemented till the game development is finished. DPC may change something in first two seasons after he will complete the whole game - would do a remaster, for example. You like to quote DPC, so find out some of his quotes about it too.

I know what example you're going to bring up now, but, firstly, current (3) season is still in development, and secondly, the feature that DPC added required the consistency. Some lewd scenes were forgotten and skipped, and he fixed it in episode 10. This is not a hint that anything can change spontanely in previous episodes and seasons. This was just a bug fix routine, which some interpreted in a wrong way (you). You see, if you as a developer indroduce feature like the "with whom MC get laid with" function - so that the player gets a kind of memo, then not indicating that the player had put his dick into Quinn is a bug, not a trick or an attempt to confuse the players. It's quite logical that such list would be used in situations like truth-drink-dare game with J&M in EP9. It's convinient and usefull. And it also adjusted a bit the Hell-week tasks capabilities and win/lose possibility for particular scenarios and requirements and players playstyle. Because situation when you have a Quinn in your "list" in the phone and when it's not counted when you tell truth to girls about how many your MC fucked before is strange and looks like a bug. But you continue to construct your deductions and theories even in such straight forwarded situations and circumstances. Did DPC altered in some way Season 1-2 because of it? Nope, he just fixed the bug for the previous episode (9) by introducing the new feature in episode 10 during the whole season 3 development process.

As you yourself write, the MC may later talk to someone about it so that he won the tennis matches and this person then suddenly says to the MC that it is no surprise because he had tennis lessons in his childhood and was pretty good at playing. Well, Neil couldn't have afforded that.

Let's take the other side, so that the MC lost. This person then says that it's no surprise because Jill has years of practice and the MC just hit a few tennis balls against a wall because Neil couldn't afford the MC's tennis lessons.

Do you notice something? Your (won/lost) variables generated two different pasts for the MC. Oops.
Haha! I knew it! o_O I won't even comment this, because it's just such a nonsense... You're not building MC's past in any way, it's predefined and lies in core of the plot. You're going through the current events and outcomes with your current choices which will lead to the different future final (endings). Some choices are blatantly marked as a MAJOR, while the rest are not and you mostly can't know and predict which of those choices and decisions besides the ones that marked as "Major" may become very important at some moment, while some will bring only cosmetic differences, easter eggs or nothing at all (call them abandoned).

As I mentioned above - current branching with LIs, their permutations and all accumulated choices throughout the game are quite enough, but you want/expect to add multi-branching based on multiple past of MC here as well. Good luck... Don't forget to get this idea to DPC and most of us won't see game finale due to death of old age :ROFLMAO:

Yes, you're right that the MC said in EP1 so that his father has a bad memory, but you forget that in EP10 the MC says that his father is the smartest person he knows. Neil also remembers well that the MC was a female ghost and other embarrassing situations. Ever thought about whether Neil intentionally has a bad memory when it comes to Lynette and her family because the MC shouldn't know all the details.

In EP10 the MC says that his father must have intentionally left out the detail about Lynette being naked.
... not remembering details about something from the past makes a person dumb or what? I suppose that everything about Lynnette for Neil is a kind of memories that are painfull and the ones he want to forget rather than remember. While memories of his son is a different thing.

Regarding naked... you suppose that Neil should shared such a details with MC about his mother? It would be kinda embarrassing even when mom is alive, and it's mostly inappropriate when she is dead for almost 2 decades. MC is reading Lynnette's diary where she describes all from her person perceptual and experience.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
The next update appears to happen during christmas, so it would make sense that would be released by december.
If DPC is gonna have it ready by then is another matter...
The update on the Halloween party was in December 2022 we had Halloween in December it is likely that this year the Christmas celebration will be celebrated in mid-February or early spring.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
hey a quick question i am only familiar with american culture through internet , this might seem stupid but please answer sincearly . How much this game is similar to real college life in America ?
Minimally. For example: the dev is European and has no idea how student loans work in the US. Fraternities that engaged in a frat war like the one between the DIKs and the Alphas would both be shut down. A sorority would not be required by the school administration to host a party with a particular frat, especially not one whose members repeatedly engaged in objectionable behavior. Stuff like that.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
For sure we know the DIKs, the Alphas too. She hid away during the prep party, probably because they were also clients.

I'm going to wager Riona's body count is twice that of Fuckface so we looking at least 50.
Tremolo's body count: all the HOTs, minus Arieth and Elena (she will be a new victim very soon), all the Pink Rose, all the female teachers he met and Jill... Being a year later than Riona, he deserves some respect (and a refreshment lesson about safe sex and STDs), mainly because, until now, he didn't get paid for sex, like Riona

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
The update on the Halloween party was in December 2022 we had Halloween in December it is likely that this year the Christmas celebration will be celebrated in mid-February or early spring.
Many of you don't know yet, but the next Christmas has been postponed until Valentine's day, so don't worry, technically episode 11 will be release during Christmas :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Minimally. For example: the dev is European and has no idea how student loans work in the US. Fraternities that engaged in a frat war like the one between the DIKs and the Alphas would both be shut down. A sorority would not be required by the school administration to host a party with a particular frat, especially not one whose members repeatedly engaged in objectionable behavior. Stuff like that.
I am not an expert in USA colleges, but I'm pretty sure an standard USA student has more than 4 courses in the first year, am I wrong? (If he had to course the 12 subjects during my first year I had to, he hadn't even appear the second day of classes) And I'm pretty sure DPC got inspired after watching the serie "Greek", at least the fraternity part

Macky009

Oct 29, 2020
I have never played this game before, I want to see why it is so popular but the game does not start :confused:
I downloaded the game from " Season 1 - 2 " -> "Win/Linux: " -> "Mega"
Check if there is an available patch put the patch on the game folder. Try running it again if there is still an error try downloading the game but instead of mega use a different link

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
And I'm pretty sure DPC got inspired after watching the serie "Greek", at least the fraternity part
Being a DIK has been inspired by a lot of different college movies and TV shows, DPC has talked about it a few times and listed at least a couple of them.

WinstonChurchill Shows

Formerly 'ajajaj9820'
Dec 17, 2022
I would like more reply for this question and please if you can add about your personal experience

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
And I'm pretty sure DPC got inspired after watching the serie "Greek", at least the fraternity part
I remembered reading a previous Q&A; you enjoyed watching raunchy late 2000's movies. What other movies/shows were your favorites, and did they impact making Being a DIK?

My favorites haven't changed a lot in the college/school genre, and I think that all college movies I've watched are a subliminal source of inspiration for the game, but I don't want to copy original creations in any deliberate way. Many of my favorite college/school movies aren't highly ranked on IMDb, nor should they be - they aren't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoy them.

To name a few off the top of my head:

"Sorority boys", "Going greek", "The hot chick", "21", "Girl next door", "Grease", ”American Pie” (3 and Band camp are my favorites), The Waterboy.

Being a movie buff, I have many other favorites in other genres. They don't influence the game, but the storytelling is inspiring.

To name a few from different genres, I'd say:

• Shutter (Thai version, 2004)
  • The Untouchables (1987)
  • The Intouchables (French version, 2011)
  • The Notebook (2004)
  • Parasite (2019)
  • The Thing (1982)
  • The Prestige (2006)
Favorite TV shows include Community, The Office, Seinfeld, Suits, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and The Mentalist

Reactions: Derek's Brother

Chalk boss

Aug 31, 2024
He romanticized the image of college fraternities quite a bit. In reality, hazing is no fun and even deadly. There have been several cases in U.S. history of students dying during Hell Week. It's very common for students to end up in the hospital because of constant binge drinking.
And besides, it's strange to me that the student council doesn't play a role in the game at all. Jill could be the head of the student council and, for example, limit the role of fraternities and help Maya with her loan.
That's a lot of possibilities. If I were making a game in a similar setting, I would make it so that the new student council president tries to ban or severely limit the role of fraternities by banning hell weeks. The fraternities are against it and unite against her. Someone like Quinn tries to blackmail her because it threatens her business. There could be some sort of rumor social network in play like from the TV series Gossip Girl, where Quinn could post rumors to discredit the council president and send her out of office. DPC uses the college setting in almost no way. It's more of a game about the fraternity rather than the college as a whole.

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
He romanticized the image of college fraternities quite a bit. In reality, hazing is no fun and even deadly. There have been several cases in U.S. history of students dying during Hell Week. It's very common for students to end up in the hospital because of constant binge drinking.
And besides, it's strange to me that the student council doesn't play a role in the game at all. Jill could be the head of the student council and, for example, limit the role of fraternities and help Maya with her loan.
That's a lot of possibilities. If I were making a game in a similar setting, I would make it so that the new student council president tries to ban or severely limit the role of fraternities by banning hell weeks. The fraternities are against it and unite against her. Someone like Quinn tries to blackmail her because it threatens her business. There could be some sort of rumor social network in play like from the TV series Gossip Girl, where Quinn could post rumors to discredit the council president and send her out of office. DPC uses the college setting in almost no way. It's more of a game about the fraternity rather than the college as a whole.
While that sounds more dramatic and I suppose a different kind of realistic, it's not as fun. It would also require research on DPC's part, seeing how woefully misinformed he can be on certain topics, and I don't think he'd waste time just to learn how a student council works so he can write meetings accurately.

mike_teshtesh

Oct 12, 2024
View attachment 3154067

Overview:
A young man from a low-income family moves away from his widowed father and his summer love to attend college at Burgmeister & Royce. As he is cast into freshman life and persuaded to join the up-and-coming fraternity Delta Iota Kappa, he'll be exposed to a new world filled with conflicts, alcohol, drugs and sex.
Thread Updated: 2023-12-16
Release Date: 2023-12-15
Developer: DrPinkCake - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.10.1
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Other Games: Acting Lessons
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Trailer:

Vault Codes:

Transferring save files to Season 3
Please keep the conversation pertinent to Being a DIK.
Offtopic discussion of other unrelated games may result in an immediate thread ban without prior notice.
DOWNLOAD
Season 3 Interlude + Episode 10
Win/Linux
(v0.10.0): - MEGA1 - MEGA2 - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac
(v0.10.0): - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

Win/Linux SPLIT(v0.10.0)
Patch (EP 9 to EP10 & v0.10.0 to v0.10.1)
Win/Linux
(EP 9/v0.10.0 to v0.10.1): - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac
(EP 9 to v0.10.0): - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

Season 1 - 2
Extras:
Fan Sigs:
Use of the Multi Mods might cause save problems, use it at your own risk!
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 377599 View attachment 992059 View attachment 1645335 View attachment 2961129 View attachment 992057 View attachment 2322155 View attachment 522507 View attachment 522510 View attachment 2322149 View attachment 2322148 View attachment 992114 View attachment 522531 View attachment 992052 View attachment 2322156 View attachment 1645333 View attachment 1645351 View attachment 992056 View attachment 2736980
nice

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes