Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
He just needs one person who he trusts. And this person has to tell him "yeah 60 FPS are neet, but do we really need this snowflake / snowballfight / candlelight in 60FPS?"

That would indeed speed up the dev/render progress AND the downloadtime of many ppl. living in countries with shitty wifi
So basically, you would say him "stop doing things you love" and hope that the game would be developed faster and will be completed earlier?

He would just stop it.

He loves to create this stuff, unnecessary animations in 60 fps is his icing on the cake, like the mini games, creating music (new fetish for him) and so on. its not needed in the game, but DPCs needs it to keep on going.

I dont like that either and would prefer he would concentrate on more important things and stop this unnecessary stuff. But that would mean he would lose interest in the game at some point too and everything will be abandoned at some point.

Btw.... making something different for a while was the whole reason behind the interlude. He said it himself that he was tired of being a dik after the dev cycle for episode 8. So he changed some things in his workshedule and mixed more stuff into it that he likes in the future dev cycles. Unfortunatly for us, its stuff that takes extra time. But on the other hand, if he wouldnt create that stuff, he wouldnt work on the game anymore for sure.

I for one prefer that he makes this unnecessary stuff that adds 2-3 months to every dev cycle instead of an abandoned being a dik. And still deliver more content in a shorter time period than most or every other DEv around here.

But i choose to make conseqeunces too, i was a monthly supporter a while, not anymore... now i only buy the episode on its release cause i dont like his going overboard with unnecessary stuff, and its getting more and more of that. But stopping with that wouldt help our case.

Chalk boss

Aug 31, 2024
Yeah, and other times he cry like a baby , when guys in the same age as he are mean to him , or when his summer crush show up, and turn out that she is in a relationship with the same girl who he is friend with.
:LOL:
That he ran away from Josy and Maya is more realistic behavior for an inexperienced 18 year old. He just got scared and didn't know what to do and ran to the more experienced and intelligent women (Sage and Bella) for comfort.
So if you think about it, MC is a mentally unstable guy with a split personality. He acts like an emotional lesbian, then he acts like an aggressive dominant male.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
That he ran away from Josy and Maya is more realistic behavior for an inexperienced 18 year old. He just got scared and didn't know what to do and ran to the more experienced and intelligent women (Sage and Bella) for comfort.
So if you think about it, MC is a mentally unstable guy with a split personality. He acts like an emotional lesbian, then he acts like an aggressive dominant male.
Yeah. But let's say as he himself stated, that college supposed to be about transitioning from childhood to man hood. So over the course of the game He shown some grow

To be fair, Sage say fuck buddies, so she can't complain. :KEK:
View attachment 4142818
View attachment 4142821
Not anymore. Now it's serious

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Yeah, and other times he cry like a baby , when guys in the same age as he are mean to him , or when his summer crush show up, and turn out that she is in a relationship with the same girl who he is friend with.
:LOL:
I would prefer it if he rejected more girls like he did Nicole and didn't give them the same pitch that he always does to the other women about "following his heart". It's good advice from his father, but why did the MC turn it into his slogan and says it to everyone? Him straight up telling that to Nicole and not sugarcoating it like he'd probably have done before to some of the other girls is pretty impressive.
To be fair, Sage say fuck buddies, so she can't complain. :KEK:
View attachment 4142818
View attachment 4142821
No. The MC's "rebound guy" pussyfooting speech officially revoked the 'fuck buddies' status and DPC will use this against the players later on. It doesn't matter if you were willing to continue it or not, the MC wasn't.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I would prefer it if he rejected more girls like he did Nicole and didn't give them the same pitch that he always does to the other women about "following his heart". It's good advice from his father, but why did the MC turn it into his slogan and says it to everyone? Him straight up telling that to Nicole and not sugarcoating it like he'd probably have done before to some of the other girls is pretty impressive.
Yep, and also his whole , let's stay all of us as friend, and do Kumbaya circle :rolleyes: , can't we be all just be friend with the girl I dumped you for :ROFLMAO:

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024
Well, i said it before in a different post way in the past (a year ago or so, cause its a upcoming topic every week i will write something again).

I have coded some myself and was involved in creating software...

Let me tell you. "Outsourcing" is not everytime something that speed things up. It often doesnt. Especially in gamedevelopment.

DPC has a special flow how he works. Outsourcing something would disturb it very much. He has a plan for each episode, but what he does from week to week is very different and depends on what he has done and needs in the next step. If he would outsource things, he has to work on the same things again and again and wait for the others to get things done, he wouldnt survive this one month. He needs to mix everything up once in a while. Thats the main reason why he creates everything himself and does so many different things, even creating music. If he wouldnt do it like he does, we wouldnt even seen episode 6 at this point and the game would be abandoned.

You can look up other games around here, created by whole teams.... there is not a single DEV team that creates content faster than DPC, not one. Some teams are kinda big, 5 people and more and dont come even close to the numbers of DPC.

Creating something like this renpy style games in a team has a lot of hiccups coming with it. You need to coordinate everything, and at the end you have to piece everything together and than the error searching begins, which sometimes takes more time than the development itself. Which is the reason why so many games are incomplete and buggy. Being a Dik has very few bugs when a episode is released, besides the one that are mod related...

And by the way, what do you think he could "outsource"?

You said it yourself... things that arent art related or coding you think he can outsource... well... what could that be? I cant think of anything. Every bit of art has to go through the hands of DPC anyways... if anybody creates it for him, he would check every bit himself anyways and it would take the same amount of time if he would do it himself to begin with, be it music, animations or whatever. He has to code and write everything himself too, cause during the development sometimes he has new ideas and add them or changes things... to coordinate that with a other person on the fly is a nightmare and even more timeconsuming, it doesnt work.

Bottom line... the ONLY thing he could hand out to other people to speed things up would be the render process his PC slaves are doing. Which woudl cost more money than to do it himself and besides the render and animation queue is his "timekeeper". He creates everything aorund this queue... the renderqueue dictates the development pace now. He could speed this queue up, easily... if he would add more hardware or outsource the render process. But what does that mean for him? That he needs to work faster... aaaaaand... that leads to burnout.

I get that you want to have the episodes out faster, but its easier said than done. Its not that simple to say "well get some burden off your shoulders and everything will be faster" its just not true. Its like saying "work faster dude".

He needs to stay healthy too, and still love creating the game. Many DEVs burn out or get tired creating their games cause they are doing to much of the same things over and over again.

You can blame DPC for many things (to make it short, he is an asshole, nobody would disagree around here), but the way he develops the game seems to be the right way, cause he does it faster than all the other on F95, in top quality too and already a long time without throwing the rifle in the field.

The update interval will most likely increase furthermore. But so does the content amount. We already broke the record of episode 10 by far. He created more stuff for episode 11 in a shorter time period compared to episode 10. Its likely that we will get a episode with about 7500 (i think we will get close to the 8000) still renders and about 400 animations. Which is about 20% bigger than episode 10, without slowing the overall development process down, its just "more" of everything.

I think at some point we will reach the peak of "branching"... it feels like we are close to that already. Episode 10 opened up some new branching for sidegirls, but closed some "side-plots" too and more or less every girl has its branch now, and those who doesnt will not get any i think, not every girl will be a Love interest. With end of season 3 it is most likely that the branching will decrease cause more and more plots will close... if DPC stays true to his word, its only 6 episodes left from now on (maybe one interlude coming again, and epilogue?) So its natural that at some point the branching stops increasing. But it will not speed things up, cause he has to deal with most of the existing branches til the end anyways.

Speeding things up with simply "outsourcing" some things form the development is kinda whishful thinking. Especially if you dont work from the start like that. It takes a lot of effort and time to get a "team" running so things will speed up, it doesnt even make any sense anymore at this point.
Ok then let the master work alone then.So my wait begins.U asked me what can be outsourced nd my answer would be 'Music'.Even Christopher Nolan doesnt make his own music,He hires Hans Zimmer.Hope u get the point but again let Mr pinkcake cook at his own pace and style.Cheers mate

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Not anymore. Now it's serious
Too late for me she already found out.:KEK:
screenshot0027.png
screenshot0028.png
screenshot0029.png
screenshot0030.png
No. The MC's "rebound guy" pussyfooting speech officially revoked the 'fuck buddies' status and DPC will use this against the players later on. It doesn't matter if you were willing to continue it or not, the MC wasn't.
God sometimes I hate DPC's writing regarding the mc. :HideThePain:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
Just a random consideration. DPC doesn't aim to reduce the development time because he wants to make a fucking load of money with this VN, maybe he is "milking". But he is also working really hard and delivering content. In the local news recently I've seen an OnlyFans woman, no more a girl, not even pretty, not even with a fit or toned body, a bit fat, just an average woman you could meet everywhere. But she has got massive boobs, well, she is making 150.000 Euro/month. 150K! Producing really low quality content without any effort. Just crappy phone pics, vertical and short videos.
We can criticize DPC for some things, but we all know he really worked hard, and still working hard, to become rich. Still, he's very far from 150K/month, he's mostly in the 30k-50k per month depending on the period.
(Not considering that so most people in my country can work hard and professionally but don't even make 2000 Euro/month).

jxyf889

May 13, 2023
Would been not funny if this whole " I'm gonna invite girls that you can fuck " would blow up in MC face?! :LOL:
Dude I feel like that Sage / Cammy thing was such a trap :ROFLMAO:
This is honestly the only thing that would make sense. The whole idea of her wanting to have threesomes with the MC and other girls doesn't fit with the current stage of their relationship and feels very off. If they were still just casual fuckbuddies then sure, but when you are falling in love, inviting other people to watch your partner fuck them is not the first thing on your mind. It's hard to explain why DPC made her behave like that but I agree it could blow up in MC's face if he goes along with it.

And it wouldn't be unlike DPC to set up a trap like that, so many people would fall for it. It's also not without reason that he added two new variables for Sage's branch in Ep.10 which both revolve around this: MC's behaviour at the pool scene and his sexual past (threesome with Quinn and/or sex with Camila). Those variables will have an effect on her branch.

JayneDoe2

Nov 21, 2022
So basically, you would say him "stop doing things you love" and hope that the game would be developed faster and will be completed earlier?
No, that's not "basically" what I said. Your interpretation is not even close.

So "basically" you call <<all>> the stuff he does as "what he loves". In this case it is a cheap/cheat way to nullify all critique.

I say "do the stuff you love but don't forget that even if you do the game development for personal belief, there are ppl. on the other side."

Reactions: Jonmanchu

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
Yep, and also his whole , let's stay all of us as friend, and do Kumbaya circle :rolleyes: , can't we be all just be friend with the girl I dumped you for :ROFLMAO:
The whole process of how characters become friends so easily in this game and forgive each other smoothly without much issues is ridiculous. No way actual people would behave like that in a real college, especially with them all becoming friends with a teacher at a Halloween party. It's almost as if DPC at first wants to write really dramatic outcomes to cheating and breakups but then just gives up. You fuck Jill's best friend (they've probably been best friends for years at this point) and first thing she does is cry and scold Bella with how wrong it is but a few days after, she's at a yoga class and sits right next to them with little to no awkwardness between them anymore after Tybalt enters the room. This all then culminated to the moment where all of them place their hands on top of each other's, do the Maya jig and say the "For Maya." line. I don't care what anyone says, that scene gave me really bad second-hand embarrassment.
maya dance.gif

Last edited:

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
. This all then culminated to the moment where all of them place their hands on top of each other, do the Maya jig and say the "For Maya." line. I don't care what anyone says, that scene gave me really bad second-hand embarrassment.
Cringiest scene I've ever seen since Endgame's girls power scene. I deliberately failed to get the contract just for that.

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes