Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Anytime there is a sex scene or I assume an animated scene? all I see is a black screen. I've tried looking through the thread but only one other posted a similar problem and I dont see a response for him. Any help is appreciated. Beautiful game.
Yes, you probably lack the codec for the videos. Animations are handled by your default mediaplayer you see so if that one has problem recognizing them, you have this issue. I'm just guessing obviously.

Reactions: Eerie Entity

wildride

Jul 5, 2017
Anytime there is a sex scene or I assume an animated scene? all I see is a black screen. I've tried looking through the thread but only one other posted a similar problem and I dont see a response for him. Any help is appreciated. Beautiful game.
Have you tried deleting the game folder and unzipping it again, I had an issue with another game that did something similar (only it would also lock up and crash too) doing this did resolve the problem. It might have been that I put unren in the folder the first time too when it wasnt needed, so if you did that might want to try not doing that.

But like Ennoch said Codecs are the likely problem. Id suggest using K-Lite or CCCP.

Nevu

Mar 23, 2018
Also how do I access the cheat mod? I've already extracted it into the game file

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eerie Entity
your missing a very important thing and the reason why i quit

it played into the ginger stereotype and made Leah be the cause of every tragic event minus the reason you were in the hospital

i had so many feelings towards the ending of episode 3 to 6 i just couldnt feeling anything when i found that out that leah was the cause of everything
Nah not missing anything, I'm well aware of it, I'm not one for stereotypes myself either :p
I always knew that the threeway in AL wouldn't happen, I just had that gut feeling, just never imaged we'd have to choose one or the other in such fashion, it kind of came out of nowhere (although it kinda makes sense toward the end, the warning signals were kind of always there, however small and subtle). It's the story Pink chose to tell, it was said that the story and some of the characters are based on people he knew and experiences he or they went through. How much of the story was fiction, how much of it was over dramatized? Only he knows :p
My only gripe was with how suddenly things went down all of a sudden. If the story was maybe 2-3 episodes longer, it probably would've given enough time to make more sense of things and build up to them a bit more.
Not everyone of course sees it this way when it comes to stories/games, adult ones at that, but I don't mind dramatic stories, especially when they make me care for the characters, stories I immerse myself and feel like I'm really in the story and the story makes me feel all kinds of things, in good and in bad, I personally like that.
In example Melissa's perfect end, it was bitter sweet and made me very emotional, haha, not gonna lie, had tears in my eyes and a big lump in my throat, haha. And I felt that way because after everything they've been through, they deserve that, and it is the end I hoped for them to begin with. :p

But anyway, this is the wrong thread for AL talk, so lets stop with the AL talk here :p

Lancelot Link

Dec 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can`t wrap my mind around common criticisms of AL,the game starts with your ex cheating on you with some freaking Aziz Asnari wannabe,than you land in a hospital cause of mugging of a store,than your bf gets cancer,Melissa`s step dad was beating her - it was bitter sweet since the very beginning.Seems like some people played the game they wanted to play rather than what the game actually was.

With all that being said any too heavy themes in DIK would not fit in what the game is so far - light,fun,boner comedy - one scene witha needle is not enough to smuggle anything darker in the future.
It's called managing tone. Something that AL could never bloody do. Let's look at the things you said... first off the cheating. Nothing there that suggests future murder and death. Second thing, the mugging, not taken seriously by anyone in the game, and it works at best as an incident or the meet cute between the MC and Megan. Not to mention it leads to the cartoonish douchebag Dick, who no one with any sense could ever take seriously. You then mention Melissa and her stepfather, that ENTIRE story makes not a lick of sense in the least. Why is she still there? Why did her mother leave her alone with her stepfather, when again, her mum has another house in the city. Peter himself, despite being an asshole is played as a joke \ until he suddenly is not.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Anyone think being the grandson of a rich businessman be an important turn of event later on? Maybe later inherit money and/or business/es would be a big turning point in Josy and/or Maya route? Probably help Maya with tuition or something something with Josy.

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
This was a great update. Having this much content per update is much better than when Devs' are rushed to meet their deadline every month. So waiting 2 months is definitely worth it. And Dev @ DrPinkCake is definitely doing a fantastic job with this game. The render quality, story, atmosphere etc are all top notch.

But now we gotta wait for 2 or so months for another update, damn you Dev @ DrPinkCake for making a fantastic game & making us wait for it. I'm not "Being a DIK" but i blame you for my future withdrawals. :D

luigiegbert

Aug 5, 2016
Have you tried deleting the game folder and unzipping it again, I had an issue with another game that did something similar (only it would also lock up and crash too) doing this did resolve the problem. It might have been that I put unren in the folder the first time too when it wasnt needed, so if you did that might want to try not doing that.

But like Ennoch said Codecs are the likely problem. Id suggest using K-Lite or CCCP.
It might be that, I'm using a brand new PC. I tried unpacking it again but that also doesn't work. I assume I just google K-Lite and download it?

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
Hey guys, can anyone tell me which scenes I'm missing? I'm wondering if they're just dream sequences or something major. Here's a screenshot of my gallery:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
It might be that, I'm using a brand new PC. I tried unpacking it again but that also doesn't work. I assume I just google K-Lite and download it?
Exactly. It will offer a myriad of choices, including the usage of media player classic, which i reccomend. You just allow it to handle everything it offers it would handle and done. If it still doesn't work then an actual microsoft codec pack is recommended.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
1.Josey/Maya - both seem like a decent gf material
2.Quinn -
3.Jill - hot,sweet,classy but not enough content to put her any higher.
4.Sage - she`s hot but vengfull,she might cut one`s dick off for leaving the toilet seat down while peeing,just a feeling.
5.Isabella - might be something there but her armor is too thick for now.
6.Cathy/Jade - not sure they will have actual content - other than dreams but certainly worth a mention
Quinn as your number two she is all yours lol I really don't think you can tame someone like her I was willing too give her a chance but what she does at the start of episode 2 drug use and the whole tasering of the MC she is a trainwreck. only way I could forgive her if she has a redemption path but that seems unlikely.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes