Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
Just finished as close to all iterations of the playthrough as possible.

Long wall of text rambling below, just felt like reacting out some of them feels:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all the game is brilliant. Plenty of superb renders and animations (Maya's grind is probably the most erotic one I've seen so far anywhere, and it doesn't even involve THAT much nudity!) coupled with an engaging story and plentiful likeable characters.

If anybody has a theoretically working schematic for a time machine, I'd like to support the effort of building one just to get my hands on the final release of BaDIK already.

Also, itch.io release when? If there's any chance for me to throw some greenbacks Dr.PinkCake's way, I'd happily do so, but not through Steam or Patreon (for differing reasons).

Edit: Also, I mostly play such games in all-mute mode (and grooving to my own music), but some of the tracks in BaDIK are fantastic on their own. I guess it's one of the games I'd recommend to keep sound on, if you have similar habits.

*piano_cinematic.mp3 intensifies*

A lot of the music files are missing META information - would be nice if Dr.PinkCake bothered to include them so you can also get proper author attribution accessing them outside the game.
Thank you for that, TnA does not a good person make.

Gods

Sep 19, 2019
So I've been reading some posts and reviews in BaDIK thread about how we are forced into a lot of situation without our will or not giving us enough freedom to do what we want to do, choices don't have any consequence or how DIK CHICK system isn't fair and some people even said DrPinkCake made false promises. I mean come on he didn't do that.
All I'm saying is that criticism is always good nothing wrong with it but saying he a lier is a not good thing to say.

Just to make it more clear what his intentions are with his game I'll put this here.
DPC convo.png

DaHaremKing69

Jan 29, 2020
Just like AL it's his story to tell and there is always going to be a few decisions that we are not going to like in there. I don't think anyone is accusing him of lying about the game whatsoever I think a lot has been down to recent actions and changes especially the whole discord issue.
couldve sworn that game was called Drama Lessons due to all the cliffhangers getting progressively more dramatic :sneaky:

0000giphy.gif

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
So I've been reading some posts and reviews in BaDIK thread about how we are forced into a lot of situation without our will or not giving us enough freedom to do what we want to do, choices don't have any consequence or how DIK CHICK system isn't fair and some people even said DrPinkCake made false promises. I mean come on he didn't do that.
All I'm saying is that criticism is always good nothing wrong with it but saying he a lier is a not good thing to say.

Just to make it more clear what his intentions are with his game I'll put this here.
View attachment 535341
Obviously he didn't do false promises but it's not that simple. First, only minority of the players are reading dev posts, digging through various reviews or anything at all before playing. It's ok, but what will they see instead? In-game descriptions about how fucking important incoming choices are and free roam sections where not clear from the start that there's only one exit point and not much actually to choose. Moreover, after first run they're starting second, trying to pick completely different route but ended up exactly at the same place because game is far from reaching the end yet.

In other words, it's all about false expectations, as always. Personally, I aprecciate that DPC didn't do the whole sandbox illusion set like in some other games (world map etc while still only one chain of events is having place). So yeah, of course it is a novel, but it's just not that clear for thouse people (also you can consider if their previous experience was all about sandbox games, not VNs)

Last edited:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Just finished as close to all iterations of the playthrough as possible.

Long wall of text rambling below, just felt like reacting out some of them feels:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all the game is brilliant. Plenty of superb renders and animations (Maya's grind is probably the most erotic one I've seen so far anywhere, and it doesn't even involve THAT much nudity!) coupled with an engaging story and plentiful likeable characters.

If anybody has a theoretically working schematic for a time machine, I'd like to support the effort of building one just to get my hands on the final release of BaDIK already.

Also, itch.io release when? If there's any chance for me to throw some greenbacks Dr.PinkCake's way, I'd happily do so, but not through Steam or Patreon (for differing reasons).

Edit: Also, I mostly play such games in all-mute mode (and grooving to my own music), but some of the tracks in BaDIK are fantastic on their own. I guess it's one of the games I'd recommend to keep sound on, if you have similar habits.

*piano_cinematic.mp3 intensifies*

A lot of the music files are missing META information - would be nice if Dr.PinkCake bothered to include them so you can also get proper author attribution accessing them outside the game.
Spot on analysis of Quinn!

Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
Obviously he didn't do false promises but it's not that simple. First, only minority of the players are reading dev posts, digging trough various reviews or anything at all before playing. It's ok, but what will they see instead? In-game descriptions about how fucking important incoming choices are and free roam sections where not clear from the start that there's only one exit poing and not much actually to choose. Moreover, after first run they're starting second, trying to pick completely different route but ended up exactly at the same place because game is far from reaching the end yet.

In other words, it's all about false expectations, as always. Personally, I aprecciate that DPC didn't do the whole sandbox illusion set like in some other games (world map etc while still only one chain of events is having place). So yeah, of course it is a novel, but it's just not that clear for thouse people (also you can consider if their previous experience was all about sandbox games, not VNs)
Also, people don't really know how branching works on Ren'Py, the job that DPC it's already doing it's fucking hard and the branching it's already complex for a game that probably 1/4 or less. They want DPC to basically write an entirely new game from every decision.
The best way to put it actually it's that he writes the main story which is "The Novel" and then add branches of events that will affect dialogs or others events in that main story, some of those decisions will change events or make some events not happen at all, or new events appear. But pretend that you can basically write your own main story during a game it's insane and naive.

1580481470559.png

This is a random branching from google image, you see there that some events can be avoidable but some regadless of the route you can't avoid, probably can be played diferent. Now imagine that this is not the case, so for every decision a new branch start that doesn't colide with other, after 10 desision you end up with at least 512 branches... HOW THE FUCK ANYONE CAN DO THAT? Even AAA Games with choises/route/branching can't do that and the only things that really play different are the endings, and at the end DPC writes the games not the player, he creates a novels, and player desides how it ends, end of the story.

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
Also, people don't really know how branching works on Ren'Py, the job that DPC it's already doing it's fucking hard and the branching it's already complex for a game that probably 1/4 or less. They want DPC to basically write an entirely new game from every decision.
The best way to put it actually it's that he writes the main story which is "The Novel" and then add branches of events that will affect dialogs or others events in that main story, some of those decisions will change events or make some events not happen at all, or new events appear. But pretend that you can basically write your own main story during a game it's insane and naive.

View attachment 535402

This is a random branching from google image, you see there that some events can be avoidable but some regadless of the route you can't avoid, probably can be played diferent. Now imagine that this is not the case, so for every decision a new branch start that doesn't colide with other, after 10 desision you end up with at least 512 branches... HOW THE FUCK ANYONE CAN DO THAT? Even AAA Games with choises/route/branching can't do that and the only things that really play different are the endings, and at the end DPC writes the games not the player, he creates a novels, and player desides how it ends, end of the story.
You're doing the Lords work here, you're correct, can't just start changing a planned narrative mid story.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
Also, people don't really know how branching works on Ren'Py, the job that DPC it's already doing it's fucking hard and the branching it's already complex for a game that probably 1/4 or less.
I'm not sure to which exact features of Ren'Py are you implying, personally I've always considered that engine as one of if not the best for the story branching. But anyway, I'd say it's not about difficulty of the devs work, rather simply about amount of it. As we all know, DPC presumably is working all by himself, therefore each fully fledged branch roughly means n+1 multiplier to resulting update deadline. (considering that, I was impressed when saw three potential options for staying the night at the end of ep3)
Even AAA Games with choises/route/branching can't do that and the only things that really play different are the endings,
Nah, it's not they are cannot do branches but they are not doing them for other reasons. And one of the biggest is today's requirement for a total voice over (fucking expensive, obviously) even in isometric RPGs like D:OS2 not to mention majority of console story involving games.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Gods
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes