Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
Your not serious here are you? if you ask any of the fanbase what the worst part is most likely most will say it's the wait for updates. The wait for 0.5 was the worst because it was a good 5-month wait I think if most fans could change one thing then it would be the waiting times between updates.
WVM updates are quite small, and many complain about the lack of content. On the contrary BaDIK updates are quite loaded, even if they come at a much lower pace.
I remember Man Of The House having a bi-weekly update strategy, and it was not too bad.
But considering all the branches in BaDIK, having a weekly update would not make it possible to complete all branches before any join point, and it seems that other games tried it and it was kind of a mess.

Anyway, considering how much the game is liked, the time between updates does not seem to be a problem to most players, is it?
You're both correct, the wait is pretty annoying and the developer has to make a living, all this stuff and drama about DPC limiting access to his discord, pricing and so on is futile to complain about.
Lawyers and marketing, soon as he got on Steam a whole host of mechanisms are put in place, he's got no choice but to comply, that means that any connection to a site like this has to be cut, severed, scorched Earth, because Steam is a legit business and any connection to copyright infringement has to be zero, they won't risk anything, businesses like governments are always about minimizing risk because even the slightest opening leaves them vulnerable to all manner of diasaster.
The waiting for updates, that's not going to decrease because he's full time, because his product now has somebody going over it to make absolutely sure that the distributor(Steam) doesn't get blindsided in any way.
Pricing, he's switched to a distributor with more reach, which means that the new distributor would demand that he at least sets price higher at his old disributor or model.

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Of course they would ask for reducing the wait time, because this is about the only thing to really be able to complain about in this game. When you realize the amount of work put into it, and the replayability, you realize that it is not such a high price to pay, considering most are not paying for anything else.
I can understand people not liking having to wait for updates especially when they see other games being updated more frequently but imo they should compare those games being updated on a more regular basis to DPC's game or whatever creator they are waiting for and see the differences in quality and complexity between them , by doing that they might get the answer they need as to why the updates take time but there are also instances where those gaps in the updates aren't justified and sometimes down right botched. Take Lexi for example and it's new update, they botched the poor girl and now she looks like she has had bad plastic surgery and i waited for this update since november , in cases like this delays are justified and needed , polish should always be the priority and DPC has done that so far

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
I think even Philly gets his game out more frequently and look how much work goes into that it's pretty much the bar around here is to get to his level.
DPC game is more popular due to writing which takes time, the visuals takes time, but so does story and without a good story you just got pretty colours and let's be honest, a lot games or movies fail because the story is shit, Philly's story is alright, but DPC makes the player feel more engaged in the story and that's no easy thing to do.
Then add DPC's visuals which is close to Philly's and presto, takes time to do both.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Philly's story is alright, but DPC makes the player feel more engaged in the story and that's no easy thing to do.
I'd say they both do having played both I've been engaged in both stories more so with the latest update after the cliffhanger ending I guess it's more down to preferences in stories as well Philly goes for a more action packed game. DPC has so far been a light hearted drama.

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
This is unironically the prettiest face in this game.

Those eyes too...
Still gotta say, stay clear of Amber Heard. Packaging isn't everything.

I'd say they both do having played both I've been engaged in both stories more so with the latest update after the cliffhanger ending I guess it's more down to preferences in stories as well Philly goes for a more action packed game. DPC has so far been a light hearted drama.
Lighthearted so far and the writing still have to make you care about even the most unlikeble characters.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Lighthearted so far and the writing still have to make you care about even the most unlikeble characters.
That's debatable especially if we are talking about the likes of Burke and Tybalt sure they play a role but those are two I could care less about and not just for them being linked with Jade but for Jill having to put up with Tybalt.

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
That's debatable especially if we are talking about the likes of Burke and Tybalt sure they play a role but those are two I could care less about and not just for them being linked with Jade but for Jill having to put up with Tybalt.
The villain of the tale is the antagonist, who's the main foil, Quinn is, DPC manages to humanize her, if he wasn't succesful we wouldn't have fans of the villain.
DPC even warns us in the beginning that dark days are coming, her motivation is more than just mere greed, that motivation has to be something that makes the players doubt whether or not the her actions are bad, because she will do something very bad, otherwise the antagonist has no arch and the protagonist arch will seem hollow and pointless.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The villain of the tale is the antagonist, who's the main foil, Quinn is, DPC manages to humanize her, if he wasn't succesful we wouldn't have fans of the villain.
DPC even warns us in the beginning that dark days are coming, her motivation is more than just mere greed, that motivation has to be something that makes the players doubt whether or not the her actions are bad, because she will do something very bad, otherwise the antagonist has no arch and the protagonist arch will seem hollow and pointless.
Yes, I get what you are saying but this happens frequently with antagonists look at the likes of Darth Vader or Jaime Lannister both antagonists and both have a fanbase like Quinn could we say the same for Burke and Tybalt? To me they are just a couple of assholes and the less screentime they get the better which in a way is good writing because it makes you hate them despite their limited screen time.

Joermundgand

Jul 22, 2019
-
Yes, I get what you are saying but this happens frequently with antagonists look at the likes of Darth Vader or Jaime Lannister both antagonists and both have a fanbase like Quinn could we say the same for Burke and Tybalt? To me they are just a couple of assholes and the less screentime they get the better which in a way is good writing because it makes you hate them despite their limited screen time.
People are invested in Jaime Lannister and Darth Vader because they are human, their story, their motivations gives you an insight into them, people can understand why they became monsters.
Let's take the motivations of Jaime Lannister, grows up, has a distant and cold father, his mother dies in childbirth, is more connected to his twin due to it, engages in a twisted romantic relationship with her, knows it's wrong, desperately wants something good and pure in his life and joins the Kingsguard, discovers the he serves a homocidal tyrant and at a moment of crisis realizes that even this good and pure notion of duty is hollow because duty demands that he become an enabler of infanticide(all the children of Kings Landing).
To the audience he's human, his motivations are human.
As for Tybalt and Burke, they are not the main antagonists, they are obstacles at best, the interactions of the protagonist with them are limited so far to being mere hurdles in his path towards his goal, his goal is family, to belong somewhere, who makes that less likely, Tybalt? Burke? Quinn?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
-

People are invested in Jaime Lannister and Darth Vader because they are human, their story, their motivations gives you an insight into them, people can understand why they became monsters.
Let's take the motivations of Jaime Lannister, grows up, has a distant and cold father, his mother dies in childbirth, is more connected to his twin due to it, engages in a twisted romantic relationship with her, knows it's wrong, desperately wants something good and pure in his life and joins the Kingsguard, discovers the he serves a homocidal tyrant and at a moment of crisis realizes that even this good and pure notion of duty is hollow because duty demands that he become an enabler of infanticide(all the children of Kings Landing).
To the audience he's human, his motivations are human.
As for Tybalt and Burke, they are not the main antagonists, they are obstacles at best, the interactions of the protagonist with them are limited so far to being mere hurdles in his path towards his goal, his goal is family, to belong somewhere, who makes that less likely, Tybalt? Burke? Quinn?
I think you've just repeated what I said but added more to it :p :ROFLMAO: But yes I agree with what you are saying.

beto53

Nov 20, 2018
I want to change my character's name in my "Being a dik" game. How can I do? I'm playing episode 4. Thank you...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes