name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Then why does Josy seem determined at times to just run away and start anew? Because some people often feel this way about a broken or fractured relationship; they'd rather run from the pain and the issues than deal with them head on and this can either be literal running away or running into the arms of someone else. Yes, both Josy and Maya missed being with each other, but we also know that they argued and fought with each other on a regular basis which doesn't make for a happy relationship and this frustrated both of them. Even Maya says that being with the MC is "easier" because of all the "fighting & being ghosted", and Josy's way to deal with it was to potentially literally run away from her relationship with Maya.
Here is your reply to yourself:

There were other factors in Josy wanting to leave town to go start her life elsewhere, like the blow to her confidence for not getting into B&R, having to stay another year at home with Monica who she doesn't get on with, feeling like her Dad who she has a fairly decent relationship with often sides with Monica and Tommy on certain things, and the MC who she has a crush on is leaving her, but running away from her difficult relationship with Maya is also part of that. All of them are emotionally unfulfilled needs and this draws her to the MC, but such is her need for them that she's initially considering starting a whole new life in order to fulfill them.
Relationship with Maya is collateral,not the main reason.

Maya's Dad held up the tuition by giving her an ultimatum, mostly likely for her to stop seeing Josy, and Maya couldn't do it. That could be seen as "standing up" to him, but I can't see Maya as someone who would have pushed back hard against his ultimatum and argued strongly against her Dad. More likely that she tried to reason with him but he wouldn't budge and she simply accepted not getting the tuition without much of a fight. So I would think it more an act of resignation than standing up to her Dad.

I also think the story about the exchange student that doesn't show up is more plausible than Maya holding the room in vain hope of Josy turning up because the dorm rooms are randomly assigned. Neither Maya nor Josy could have got themselves assigned to the same room because that's not how the system works.
Thats your fan fic,not the story presented in the game.
Maya needs money for tuition or getting the free tuition from HoTs,because her family does not cover it.Why does her family not cover it?Because she said "NO" to her father.

Except Maya keeps hoping that mysterious student will show up eventually.Now what makes more sens - Maya waiting for some random exchange student which she never met or her gf,with whom she planned to go to the same college to be able to be together?

Josy seems perfectly fine with her parents divorce, it doesn't seem like it bothers at all. She recognises that her Mom wasn't the best and that her Dad was driven into the arms of someone else because of it and accepts this, even if she doesn't like Monica.

As I said earlier, all those other factors do contribute to her wanting to run away because they are emotional needs that she feels, at that time, she should try to seek elsewhere, but I'd still say that the most prominent reason she was drawn to the MC was her need for intimacy with someone who she felt cared about her.
You are playing different game than everyone else or not paying attention.

I think Maya's risking her family ties, not sacrificing them. To me it seems like Maya's one of those people who grew up in a happy home with a loving family but when they found out she was gay, specifically her parents, they couldn't accept it and Maya feels like she lost their love. Deep down she still loves her parents and wants their acceptance which is why she has a hard time standing up to her Dad properly because she fears that if she does she'll lose them forever. It's something that's all too common for LGBTQ people; wanting to be accepted by their family for who they are. That struggle between holding on to what you have whilst also going for what you want is what I think Maya's dealing with.

It does put her in a vulnerable spot and it's probably why she views being with the MC as "easier" because it would make things easier with her parents but also because she feels the MC is more supportive of her at this point in time than Josy.
Thats more of fan fic,she does step up to her father,again,the evidence is in her need for money.
Maya does not feel accepted by her father specificly.
That is a common cliche in movies,thats for sure.
...She doesnt even tell MC shes a les,how in Gods name can he be more supportive than her gf considering that?

I'm talking about physically. Maya was surprised to find that grinding against a guy, being touched by a guy, kissing a guy, all felt physically good because it turned her on which is not something she thought was possible. She obviously feels a great deal of emotional guilt for having used him like that, but it's that new and exciting physical feeling that lingers in her mind because, like Josy, she's missed such intimacy. This coupled with the fact that the MC is so supportive, understanding, and encouraging is what draws her closer to him because these new feelings make her feel good.
And again :LOL:
Maya does not act like her primary motivation is physical aspect of a relationship,how many times does she have negative reaction to MCs pursuits in that direction?
If it wasnt for her tasks she would probably hold on that for a loooooooong ass time,so no,I see absolutly nothing pointing to Maya missing intimacy.The support and encouragment and acceptance...of what he knows - yes.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
if the mc shows in the game that he really loves them , they agreed to some kind of triangle relationship, i think that if they will go to such lengths is enough to understand that the mc was not just a 2nd plate for them.
Going down the threeway path certainly does show the depth of feeling they have for him, there's no doubt about that, because it such an unconventional thing to do and your heart would really have to be in it to do something so risky. I also feel that, even on the friendship path, those feelings for him are still there but they just have to accept that he's been hurt by this and only wants to be friends, for now.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I also feel that, even on the friendship path, those feelings for him are still there but they just have to accept that he's been hurt by this and only wants to be friends, for now.
On the friendship path, they have accepted that it will be nothing more though that end choice would have been pointless if there was still going to be lingering feelings.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Relationship with Maya is collateral,not the main reason.
Then surely everything is collateral by that logic. I guess, by what you've been saying, her main reason is simply "my life sucks" and everything in her current life is up for disposal in order to pursue the dream of a better life.

Thats your fan fic,not the story presented in the game.
Maya needs money for tuition or getting the free tuition from HoTs,because her family does not cover it.Why does her family not cover it?Because she said "NO" to her father.

Except Maya keeps hoping that mysterious student will show up eventually.Now what makes more sens - Maya waiting for some random exchange student which she never met or her gf,with whom she planned to go to the same college to be able to be together?
Maya doesn't seem like the kind of strong-willed individual to make a stand against her Dad. So to assume, based on the character presented before us, that she would aggressively push back against his ultimatum isn't "fan-fic", it's a logical conclusion based on the type of person she seems to be.

Maya's also isn't hoping for the mysterious student to show up, she's more likely just worried that it's against some kind of rules to have someone else stay in her dorm which is why she's reluctant to let the MC stay with her. She's also clearly got trust issues too and very likely when it comes to guys due to her Daddy issues, so this is probably another reason for her hesitancy.

You are playing different game than everyone else or not paying attention.
But Josy is OK with her parents divorce. She tells the MC that she doesn't get on with her Mom, that her Dad left her because of the constant "nagging", and that she still loves her Dad despite the affair and divorce. Seems perfectly fine with it, if you ask me.

Thats more of fan fic,she does step up to her father,again,the evidence is in her need for money.
Maya does not feel accepted by her father specificly.
That is a common cliche in movies,thats for sure.
...She doesnt even tell MC shes a les,how in Gods name can he be more supportive than her gf considering that?
Her needing the money just means he cut her off, it doesn't necessarily mean she stood up to him and outright refused it. Again, her personality so far doesn't seem like someone who does stand up to people aggressively, that's why it seems more likely to me that she hasn't given her Dad a firm answer to his ultimatum yet because she still hopes to reason with him and it's probably why he showed up at her dorm, to further pressure her into accepting it in order to get the tuition.

And again :LOL:
Maya does not act like her primary motivation is physical aspect of a relationship,how many times does she have negative reaction to MCs pursuits in that direction?
If it wasnt for her tasks she would probably hold on that for a loooooooong ass time,so no,I see absolutly nothing pointing to Maya missing intimacy.The support and encouragment and acceptance...of what he knows - yes.
Never said the primary motivtion was physical, but simply that such new and exciting physical feelings so early on in their relationship made her more interested than she otherwise would have been had that not happened.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
On the friendship path, they have accepted that it will be nothing more though that end choice would have been pointless if there was still going to be lingering feelings.
Yes, I'm sure of that. The only reason I said "for now" wasn't because I think that's what they feel, but because if we are indeed going to have 20 episodes, I think there's plenty of scope for either or both of them to still be love interests if you choose to be friends at this point.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Yes, I'm sure of that. The only reason I said "for now" wasn't because I think that's what they feel, but because if we are indeed going to have 20 episodes, I think there's plenty of scope for either or both of them to still be love interests if you choose to be friends at this point.
There is no 'now' on the friendship route once you've made that choice that you only want to be friends with them and nothing more that's it that choice is if you are going to pursue the remaining girls. You'd have to go with the other option of wanting something more with them.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There is no 'now' on the friendship route once you've made that choice that you only want to be friends with them and nothing more that's it that choice is if you are going to pursue the remaining girls. You'd have to go with the other option of wanting something more with them.
I wouldn't expect this to be the end because we're only 4 episodes into a potentially 20 episode game. They've gone their separate ways now in terms of romantic involvement, but they'll still be part of the MC's story and there's plenty of time for events to unfold that would bring them back together, romantically, in some way.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I wouldn't expect this to be the end because we're only 4 episodes into a potentially 20 episode game. They've gone their separate ways now in terms of romantic involvement, but they'll still be part of the MC's story and there's plenty of time for events to unfold that would bring them back together, romantically, in some way.
Love route with Maya and Josy = more with them in a romantic sense and perhaps having both or just the one in future updates
Friend's route = Just friends and no more that's it.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Maya doesn't seem like the kind of strong-willed individual to make a stand against her Dad. So to assume, based on the character presented before us, that she would aggressively push back against his ultimatum isn't "fan-fic", it's a logical conclusion based on the type of person she seems to be.

Maya's also isn't hoping for the mysterious student to show up, she's more likely just worried that it's against some kind of rules to have someone else stay in her dorm which is why she's reluctant to let the MC stay with her. She's also clearly got trust issues too and very likely when it comes to guys due to her Daddy issues, so this is probably another reason for her hesitancy.
It is a fan-fic because your ideas contradicts what is in the story already.It does not matter,what seems,in your personal perception but what is a part of the script.Maya is in financial difficulties because she rejected her fathers ultimatum,period.

She is waiting and hoping for a specific student,it is in the game.
Not mean this as a jab - you have not been paying attention and are writting story of your own.
But Josy is OK with her parents divorce. She tells the MC that she doesn't get on with her Mom, that her Dad left her because of the constant "nagging", and that she still loves her Dad despite the affair and divorce. Seems perfectly fine with it, if you ask me.
No she is not,reply the date in ep 2.

Her needing the money just means he cut her off, it doesn't necessarily mean she stood up to him and outright refused it. Again, her personality so far doesn't seem like someone who does stand up to people aggressively, that's why it seems more likely to me that she hasn't given her Dad a firm answer to his ultimatum yet because she still hopes to reason with him and it's probably why he showed up at her dorm, to further pressure her into accepting it in order to get the tuition.
Her need for money comes from rejection of the ultimatum her father gave her,ending of ep3 Maya makes a final decision to do whatever HoTs will demand of her to get in.

Never said the primary motivtion was physical, but simply that such new and exciting physical feelings so early on in their relationship made her more interested than she otherwise would have been had that not happened.
Its not entirely new for her,at one point she says in her thoughts "his touch feels almost as good as..."

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
I don't know about that. I know for instance you can close off the Sage route already. Will the doors that are closed have a way to open them in the future? Not sure, but only Pinkcake knows truthfully. However, if Maya/Josy drama continues to infect the story, there better be an option to cut them off completely. My MC has zero interest in even talking to them for awhile. They can run off and get married, just so long as they vanish. I'm honestly sick of them, and the DIK MC should have been able to tell them off when rejecting them.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I agree with you but with the caveat that there are certain actors in the game that may yet scupper the Maya/Josy romance. Tommy, Quinn and, in particular Maya's dad. If the latter vanishes from the game completely, it'll be a massive unused "Chekov's gun" making me doubt that the pair are set to just happily sail off into the sunset just yet if one picks the friendship route. Whether such drama could result in some resetting of variables for some heavily CHICK aligned MC, IDK (and of course whether one would want them back at all is another matter entirely :KEK:).

PS. WTF there's a like limit now? Can't give any likes for posts on this page.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
s
is better to use console cheats for money since it doenst break your ave after next chapter is released, the mod is mostly for those of us that want to know correct answers for mini games and conversations etc.
I actually dont use the mod in all my saves anymore and give me money with the console commands.
I used mod part 2(1.75-etc) and i play this to the end with the mod.
I someday start the third round without mod.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I agree with you but with the caveat that there are certain actors in the game that may yet scupper the Maya/Josy romance. Tommy, Quinn and, in particular Maya's dad. If the latter vanishes from the game completely, it'll be a massive unused "Chekov's gun" making me doubt that the pair are set to just happily sail off into the sunset just yet if one picks the friendship route. Whether such drama could result in some resetting of variables for some heavily CHICK aligned MC, IDK (and of course whether one would want them back at all is another matter entirely :KEK:).

PS. WTF there's a like limit now? Can't give any likes for posts on this page.
They both need a big update I know people won't like that but there is a lot of wrongs that still need to be put right with the both of them and I do hope for the sake of their fanbases they get some good content out of it.

Ahh, the likes another story behind that a lot of insecurities so a limit of 30 was decided even though a limit is not the answer either ditch the limit or ditch the likes, it's simple enough.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It is a fan-fic because your ideas contradicts what is in the story already.It does not matter,what seems,in your personal perception but what is a part of the script.Maya is in financial difficulties because she rejected her fathers ultimatum,period.

She is waiting and hoping for a specific student,it is in the game.
Not mean this as a jab - you have not been paying attention and are writting story of your own.

Her need for money comes from rejection of the ultimatum her father gave her,ending of ep3 Maya makes a final decision to do whatever HoTs will demand of her to get in.
The only time Maya has shown any kind of strong will is after her Dad showed up because whatever he said to her made her more determined than ever to join the HOTs in the hopes of getting her tuition paid for so she doesn't have to accept the ultimatum. Up until this point, she has very much seemed like someone without much of a backbone so it's very hard to imagine her standing up to her Dad and outright refusing his ultimatum in solid defense of her relationship with Josy. She's far more likely to have tacitly rejected it by simply not providing him an answer because she's torn between her family and her lover, which is why he shows up at the dorm to give her another chance to accept.

I've also seen absolutely no indication that Maya is waiting for Josy to join her in her dorm room, so it's not for lack of attention to the story, it's because it simply isn't there. Maya even asks Josy, "What are you doing here?", when she shows up at the dorm indicating she had no idea she was coming. As far as Maya was aware, the student she was supposed to be sharing with never showed up. Also, why would they assign Josy a room if she hadn't got in yet? They would only assign rooms to be people who have been accepted.

Its not entirely new for her,at one point she says in her thoughts "his touch feels almost as good as..."
Feeling horny and excited from being touched by a guy is what's new. It's this new sensation that she is experiencing.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't know about that. I know for instance you can close off the Sage route already. Will the doors that are closed have a way to open them in the future? Not sure, but only Pinkcake knows truthfully. However, if Maya/Josy drama continues to infect the story, there better be an option to cut them off completely. My MC has zero interest in even talking to them for awhile. They can run off and get married, just so long as they vanish. I'm honestly sick of them, and the DIK MC should have been able to tell them off when rejecting them.
I suppose it's possible to close off certain routes like in AL, but unlike AL I feel like it would be harder to avoid these characters. Josy and Maya, for instance, still need to do their scavenger hunt challenges and Maya has this plan to get out from under her Dad's thumb. Both of these could have the MC be involved, either deliberately or circumstantially, on a friend basis and depending on how things go and choices made, it could lead back to romantic involvement.

Similarly with Sage, even if it's been closed off, whatever she's involved in with the HOTs could come back negatively on her and she could come to the MC for help which, again, could give the option to rekindle a relationship.

In both cases, it see it as being like Rena in AL; you can choose to avoid all intimate interactions with her, but you're still involved in her story and trying to help her. I know that AL had path closures, but I just feel that, given how potentially large this game will be, it feels a bit premature to fully close off a relationship path this early when there's still so much of the story left and so many possibilities for where each of the characters stories can go.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
They both need a big update I know people won't like that but there is a lot of wrongs that still need to be put right with the both of them and I do hope for the sake of their fanbases they get some good content out of it.
I wouldn't say there's a lot of wrongs, they just need to better explain what what they feel/felt for the MC. That would be enough for me as part of that Maya/Josy fanbase.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes