Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Again that end choice with Maya and Josy was so obvious even if you had no idea about the closing off to pick being just friends with them lets you pursue the other girls just like there are cut off points with them. Not really about communicating but more along the lines of common sense.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Again that end choice with Maya and Josy was so obvious even if you had no idea about the closing off to pick being just friends with them lets you pursue the other girls just like there are cut off points with them. Not really about communicating but more along the lines of common sense.
What's obvious is that we're 4 episodes into a potentially 20 episode game with still so much story left to see. I can easily imagine several scenarios in which the friendship with one or both of them could re-evolve into romance. Just because he lets them go at this juncture didn't necessarily have to mean it was the end.

DPC has decided to make it the end, fine, but they could just as easily have not and it's not unreasonable or lacking any common sense to imagine how that might have been possible.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
After it had been clearly stated that this was DPC's official stance. Clearly, like me, they weren't aware of this either until you finally decided to mention what DPC had said. Up until that point, to the ill-informed eye, all responses to my posts just looked like conjecture.

So, once again, don't blame me for positing reasonable theories (not fanfic) when none of you could be bothered to clearly state that there was no point in theorising because DPC had stated their path would be closed here. Seems Maya and Josy aren't the only ones who are bad at communicating.
I am still helding up DPC pulls it together and gives it another chance to the MC at be with one of them, even if he chosen the Friendship route in ep 4. A nice way to set it up would be the relationship not working (again) and them splitting up, give each other time to figure it out, allowing the MC to step in. I am helding hope because I HATE DPC forcing double romance routes like in AL, which served its purpose in the storyline... but yet again, the choices are either be with both or none, which sucks if you've been playing on banking on one girl and not the other (like I did). And between BOTH and JADE, go figure whats the best choice.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
but yet again, the choices are either be with both or none, which sucks if you've been playing on banking on one girl and not the other (like I did). And between BOTH and JADE, go figure whats the best choice.
That part is not set in stone yet though on the romance route it's more likely that there will be an option to get Maya or Josy alone I believe he is keeping them on the same path for now so it's less branching for now but a separate route may happen eventually.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
If you want Josy one day then you'll have to pick the be something more option if you pick the friend option it will lock you out of future relationships with them you'll still get scenes with them of course just not as a romanceable option. I'm glad you understand though I wish someone else would I'm done with that just like others probably are :LOL:
My main playthrough is reserved for Riona or Sage if she isn't a choice but I do have another playthrough that I accepted the threeway ready for a possible Josy route.

What's obvious is that we're 4 episodes into a potentially 20 episode game with still so much story left to see. I can easily imagine several scenarios in which the friendship with one or both of them could re-evolve into romance. Just because he lets them go at this juncture didn't necessarily have to mean it was the end.

DPC has decided to make it the end, fine, but they could just as easily have not and it's not unreasonable or lacking any common sense to imagine how that might have been possible.
I think it is best that rejecting someone means closing their romance for good even with a game that isn't even a quarter done. Some people will reject Jill because they don't like her and it would get really annoying having scenes where the MC shows interest in her and has to reject her often. Also if I am with Sage then having a chance to go back to Jill doesn't make sense.

That part is not set in stone yet though on the romance route it's more likely that there will be an option to get Maya or Josy alone I believe he is keeping them on the same path for now so it's less branching for now but a separate route may happen eventually.
I was thinking they would be together for a while so it is less work on Josy and Maya routes which would give DPC more time to work on the Quinn and Bella stories. I do believe that in late season 2 or even season 3 there will be a chance to get either Josy or Maya.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I am still helding up DPC pulls it together and gives it another chance to the MC at be with one of them, even if he chosen the Friendship route in ep 4. A nice way to set it up would be the relationship not working (again) and them splitting up, give each other time to figure it out, allowing the MC to step in.
This is one of those reasonable theories I was talking about. Without knowing the friendship route was a complete dead-end as far as being able to rekindle a romance later on with one or both of them, this is something that seemed very plausible.
I am helding hope because I HATE DPC forcing double romance routes like in AL, which served its purpose in the storyline...
They may have forced it, but then they swiftly unforced it in the most heart-wrenching way possible. Hopefully that won't happen again here.
but yet again, the choices are either be with both or none, which sucks if you've been playing on banking on one girl and not the other (like I did). And between BOTH and JADE, go figure whats the best choice.
I both do and don't mind choices like this because in the real world, choices do have consequences and certain choices mean you don't get to do certain things, but at the same time I feel that, since this is fiction, we shouldn't be locked out of seeing and doing certain things and can simply face the consequences for doing them later rather than have the consequence be that you're locked out of a scene.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I was thinking they would be together for a while so it is less work on Josy and Maya routes which would give DPC more time to work on the Quinn and Bella stories. I do believe that in late season 2 or even season 3 there will be a chance to get either Josy or Maya.
Yeah, I think that would make it easier and less of a workload considering the number of other paths there is with other girls I think that's often forgotten at how big these paths are, season 2 especially needs more content on with the likes of Jill I still feel as though we have barely scratched the surface with her.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah, I think that would make it easier and less of a workload considering the number of other paths there is with other girls I think that's often forgotten at how big these paths are, season 2 especially needs more content on with the likes of Jill I still feel as though we have barely scratched the surface with her.
Season 2 needs much more Quinn and with 10 000 checks along the way so only I can get them all,thats what season 2 needs :HideThePain:

On M+J,storywise,it also makes sens that the girls simply are not yet ready to give up on one another

imunisasi

Dec 4, 2017
HopesGaming = The Father (obvious mafia reference)
DPC = The Son (younger characters; maggots and daughters... makes sense to me)
PhillyGames = The Ghost (needless to say why)
nah i prefer replace hopes with orborigin and cheekygimp,
deluca is good at art and story but hard to play

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
That's what I dont like about it, should had been a choices, not just BOTH or NONE. DPC should had giving you the option to at least make the MC tell them thats neither the options he wants. I've been playing the game without giving a rat's ass about Josy and yet DPC expect me to just share and accept it at that point? Yeah, I chose not too in order so I wouldn't break my RPG playthrough. Love DPC, hated what he done with the situation, but still hoping he can fix it, maybe with the Steam player base he will force himself to expand it further than he planned before.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
That's what I dont like about it, should had been a choices, not just BOTH or NONE. DPC should had giving you the option to at least make the MC tell them thats neither the options he wants. I've been playing the game without giving a rat's ass about Josy and yet DPC expect me to just share and accept it at that point? Yeah, I chose not too in order so I wouldn't break my RPG playthrough. Love DPC, hated what he done with the situation, but still hoping he can fix it, maybe with the Steam player base he will force himself to expand it further than he planned before.
That was the outcry after 0.4 was the choice with those two but we weren't given that choice to completely ignore them because this is DPC story and they are going to still play a part in that even if you didn't pick the romance route, I'm sure they will have an important role in the story to what extent on the friend's path I don't know. Most likely a situation will arise with Josy and Jill and their connection with the MC.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes