felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think Neil is still the character with the highest highest risk of tragic death, though obviously I'm hoping for the Grim Reaper to miss this game entirely.

why? MC has already lost his mother, losing his father would also be fierce, but would not add much

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I think the game needs a few more reviews before I can make up my mind about it.
If you enjoy these kinds of games? Then you'll enjoy this one.

I honestly think it's of a higher quality of game than most. I personally have never seen any sloppy animations, the story and the characters are actually interesting and a lot of the time funny. The music is really good. All the models for the girls are very good, there's a ton of replay value.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
why? MC has already lost his mother, losing his father would also be fierce, but would not add much
I don't believe the dad will die either, but to be fair whenever the death of the mother is brought up, the MC seems indifferent about it because he never knew her, but the dad on the other hand has been his rock, it would be devastate to the MC.

But I agree it wouldn't server anything other than dropping an emotional bomb on the MC.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don't believe the dad will die either, but to be fair whenever the death of the mother is brought up, the MC seems indifferent about it because he never knew her, but the dad on the other hand has been his rock, it would be devastate to the MC.

But I agree it wouldn't server anything other than dropping an emotional bomb on the MC.
And we know that it doesn't need to be something that stong to make him spiral, as shown previously.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I believe that there will be dramas, but of a sentimental nature: quarrels, sudden and definitive separations, departures ...

there is a part of me that continues to fear that for some LIs there will be no happy ending (the main candidates are Bella and Sage), which seems to me a fate worse than death ...

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I wouldn't say there's "no reason for more flashbacks", just that we don't need them in every episode. I think there are still plenty of things that we both could and should see the backstory of, with some being major flashbacks like with M&J and the founding of the DIKs, and others being minor flashbacks like Zoey and Bella as an OMG.

My own personal list of top 5 most wanted flashbacks (in no particular order) would be as follows:

Major FlashbacksMinor Flashbacks
  • How Quinn started her drug and pimping businesses​
  • The Bella and Jill incident​
  • The truth about the MC's Mom (after the letter)​
  • What really happened to Vinny​
  • What happened with Bella and her husband​
  • Maya's Dad finding out about her and Josy​
  • Sage's relationship with Chad from start to now​
  • Jill's sister and Bella (if they indeed knew each other)​
  • The Cathy picture leak​
  • The pics given to the Jocks​

That's not what they were asking. They were wanting to know how to find the updates and previews posted in this thread, not about anything to do with in-game collectibles.
What 'truth' do you mean about MC's mom? Weather she's alive or not? She's alive until the story decides otherwise.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I believe that there will be dramas, but of a sentimental nature: quarrels, sudden and definitive separations, departures ...

there is a part of me that continues to fear that for some LIs there will be no happy ending (the main candidates are Bella and Sage), which seems to me a fate worse than death ...
If AL can get happy endings with the girl of your choosing then so can this game.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I wouldn't say there's "no reason for more flashbacks", just that we don't need them in every episode. I think there are still plenty of things that we both could and should see the backstory of, with some being major flashbacks like with M&J and the founding of the DIKs, and others being minor flashbacks like Zoey and Bella as an OMG.

My own personal list of top 5 most wanted flashbacks (in no particular order) would be as follows:

Major FlashbacksMinor Flashbacks
  • How Quinn started her drug and pimping businesses​
  • The Bella and Jill incident​
  • The truth about the MC's Mom (after the letter)​
  • What really happened to Vinny​
  • What happened with Bella and her husband​
  • Maya's Dad finding out about her and Josy​
  • Sage's relationship with Chad from start to now​
  • Jill's sister and Bella (if they indeed knew each other)​
  • The Cathy picture leak​
  • The pics given to the Jocks​
I'm not a fan of flashbacks, I found them both slow enough.
the one on the birth of DIK at least revealed some background, that of Maya and Josy instead is basically useless (we discovered the backstory behind the photo that Maya had shown to MC ...)
I think many of those you indicate are basically connected to each other, so they could end up merged into a single flashback.

in general I would prefer some things to be told quickly and not show them by stealing time from the characters present

the 2 probably inevitable flashbacks are the one on MC's mother and the one on Bella's husband

Reactions: Red469

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If AL can get happy endings with the girl of your choosing then so can this game.
it is not a certainty .. they are not the same game.

then it depends on what we mean by happy ending, for me it means achieving a stable and happy relationship. at this moment with Bella it is almost impossible to imagine it, but also with Sage there are many objective obstacles

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
it is not a certainty .. they are not the same game.

then it depends on what we mean by happy ending, for me it means achieving a stable and happy relationship. at this moment with Bella it is almost impossible to imagine it, but also with Sage there are many objective obstacles
Those are all possible it'll just take time. Time that only a positive ending can achieve.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Yes it CAN. But.. will it? Look at Acting Lessons. Perfect polyamory situation with Megan and Melissa there, developed along the whole game , and .. do you get that ending? Nop, coz one of them must die and there's no way to avoid that..

Dec 20, 2019
But why would you be such a monster? :ROFLMAO:

It's true that those things can't be central plot points, but they can have more relevance than we originally think.
I want to pick all your brains again on this. Refer back to DPC's latest twitter post:
Jamie.jpg

We all know that twitter posts will make it into rooster. So my question which I asked before is:
a) Did Jamie get his bruises from Dawe, meaning DPC acknowledges the fight with Caleb as official?
OR
b) Does DPC have a non-bruised pic of Jamie ready for the CHICK route?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What 'truth' do you mean about MC's mom? Weather she's alive or not? She's alive until the story decides otherwise.
The "truth" as in a flashback that reveals who her family are and how things went down when she chose Neil over her family.

I want to pick all your brains again on this. Refer back to DPC's latest twitter post:
View attachment 732382

We all know that twitter posts will make it into rooster. So my question which I asked before is:
a) Did Jamie get his bruises from Dawe, meaning DPC acknowledges the fight with Caleb as official?
OR
b) Does DPC have a non-bruised pic of Jamie ready for the CHICK route?
Gonna go with B. Ep 5 has alternate bruised and non-bruised renders and the in-game Cluck will likely have that as well. They probably just sent this one out because the bruised picture is more eye-catching.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Because Neil is a mentor in a coming of age story. The end state is for the protagonist to make their own place in the world, and there's no simpler way to demonstrate that than to have them overcome the death of their mentor.

I'm certainly not advocating for it, and there are other ways to show the MC has grown up. But if DPC wants to indulge in his need for drama through cathartic sorrow, Neil is both an obvious target and a 'legitimate' one; killing Neil can advance the MC's story in a way that killing one of the LIs does not, IMHO.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Because Neil is a mentor in a coming of age story. The end state is for the protagonist to make their own place in the world, and there's no simpler way to demonstrate that than to have them overcome the death of their mentor.

I'm certainly not advocating for it, and there are other ways to show the MC has grown up. But if DPC wants to indulge in his need for drama through cathartic sorrow, Neil is both an obvious target and a 'legitimate' one; killing Neil can advance the MC's story in a way that killing one of the LIs does not, IMHO.
While everything you say is true, the trope is almost as worn out as fridging at this point and I would hope for soemthing better.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes