Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Weren't you the one who just a couple of hours ago started a huge conversation about stating things as facts that we couldn't prove?
Actually it was about how people have different perspectives on the game's events and character relationships and about how we should realise that not everyone has the same opinion on things because of these different perceptions. Also that when theorising things we should make it clear that they are theories by using conjecture.

It is not conjecture to say that Jill clearly stated what happened on her date with Rusty because that is what happens in the game. It is, however, conjecture to say that it might not have happened the way that Jill said it did because we have no reason to doubt Jill's words. This is like when people say that the MC's Mom is alive and that Neil lied, but we have no reason to doubt Neil so anything else is a theory.

Doesn't mean people can't have these theories, but right now the facts are that Rusty behaved badly on his date with Jill and any belief otherwise is a theory.

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Actually it was about how people have different perspectives on the game's events and character relationships and about how we should realise that not everyone has the same view on things because of these different perceptions. Also that when theorising things we should make it clear that they are theories by using conjecture.

It is not conjecture to say that Jill clearly stated what happened on her date with Rusty because that is what happens in the game. It is, however, conjecture to say that it might not have happened the way that Jill said it did because we have no reason to doubt Jill's words. This is like when people say that the MC's Mom is alive and that Neil lied, but we have no reason to doubt Neil so anything else is a theory.
Again do we see it? I have no reason to doubt her word but her telling me something doesn't make it a fact. Thats why I said allegedly because we don't know what happened. Maya said she had a boyfriend, right? So where's her boyfriend? Oh thats right she lied. So why couldn't Jill have told her side of the story and Rusty have a total different story? See same scene different outcomes based on peoples interpretations. ALLEGEDLY!!!!!!

I love when people shoot their own rants in the foot :ROFLMAO:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Again do we see it? I have no reason to doubt her word but her telling me something doesn't make it a fact. Thats why I said allegedly because we don't know what happened. Maya said she had a boyfriend, right? So where's her boyfriend? Oh thats right she lied. So why couldn't Jill have told her side of the story and Rusty have a total different story? See same scene different outcomes based on peoples interpretations. ALLEGEDLY!!!!!!

We have no evidence that Bella isn't keeping a space squid behind the locked door, that doesn't mean it's a possibility worth discussing. Nothing we've seen or heard from Jill gives us reason to doubt her word.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
We have no evidence that Bella isn't keeping a space squid behind the locked door, that doesn't mean it's a possibility worth discussing. Nothing we've seen or heard from Jill gives us reason to doubt her word.
I'm a innocent until proven guilty type person. Until I see it in a flashback, or Rusty shares his version I will error on the side of caution and say allegedly.

Man its just a word everyone calm down.

Apr 9, 2019
I'm a innocent until proven guilty type person. Until I see it in a flashback, or Rusty shares his version I will error on the side of caution and say allegedly.

A most wise choice in the face of the bourgeois temptress. After all, she orchestrated Isabella's acceptance of the MC, that is unless he seriously fucks up, so that it would appear as if it was hard-won, as to lull the MC into a false sense of security around her. This is why, after the Chadian incursion, she offers you "motherly", in her own words, affection. She is far more wily and clandestine than originally surmised.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

to want to be a devil's advocate: Rusty seems a good soul, I can't see him mistreating or deriding Jill to make a good impression with others. then if I remember correctly the date would be prior to the foundation of the DIKS, so who would these friends be?

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
to want to be a devil's advocate: Rusty seems a good soul, I can't see him mistreating or deriding Jill to make a good impression with others. then if I remember correctly the date would be prior to the foundation of the DIKS, so who would these friends be?
He was already friends with Tommy, i’m sure delicate lil Jill didn’t take well to meeting him.
My MC will try not to do a better wing man job & help rusty get Jill.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
You saw this? Or are you just relaying what Jill told the MC? Might want to look up the definition of "allegedly".
Jill is trustworthy worthy for the most part and hasn't shown her self to be some liar/deceiver so yeah I'll take her word of what happened as the truth.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He was already friends with Tommy, i’m sure delicate lil Jill didn’t take well to meeting him.
My MC will try not to do a better wing man job & help rusty get Jill.
but if Jill couldn't stand Rusty's friends (Tommy), it wasn't Rusty's fault

I don't think Jill would like Derek either ....

Jul 23, 2020
I Know this sound out of character for Jill. but what if Jill leave the date because she have no interest of Rusty. When Rusty Ask Jill if she want to go to a date. She say "I don't think so". I think she lying because she's human And human always lied doesn't matter how nice they are.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is Bella going to get a cosmetic poll? So far it’s been Maya, Jill, and now Sage
We had this one back in early June:

The 3rd one won.

We don't see a lot of things in this game, like the MC's Mom dying, or what's behind Bella's locked door, or who Chad was on the phone too, or who leaked the Cathy pic, but that doesn't mean that people saying that the Mom is alive, that Bella is keeping her husband captive in the room, that Chad is gay, that the Betas leaked the pic, are correct. Those are theories and not based in anything that's been seen or known in the game.

Saying that Jill is lying about the date and that Rusty didn't behave badly on the date is the same as these examples. The game is explicitly telling us one specific thing and we have no reason to doubt what we have seen. When Maya said she had a boyfriend, we had no reason to doubt her at the time either, but just because she revealed that it was a lie later doesn't mean that Jill is also lying in this instance.

This is also completely different to what I was saying about how certain choices affect what scenes players see and therefore alter perceptions of the events. When players don't go back to Maya in ep 2, they get a different sense of that relationship than those who went back. When Jill tells the MC that she had a bad date with Rusty, we are all given the same sense that Jill had a bad date with Rusty.

If people want to have a skepticism, fine, but right now the game is telling us that Jill had a bad date with Rusty and that is currently the acceptable fact of the case, just like how the acceptable fact about Bella's locked room is that she has a locked room. We can debate what's in it to whatever crazy degree we like, but it doesn't change the fact that all we know about it is that the room is locked and there are a pair of boots inside.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I Know this sound out of character for Jill. but what if Jill leave the date because she have no interest of Rusty. When Rusty Ask Jill if she want to go to a date. She say "I don't think so". I think she lying because she's human And human always lied doesn't matter how nice they are.
We all saw how Rusty was when he first met her (arrogant, cocky, entitled) and how he behaved with the DIKs (loutish, arrogant (again), juvenile), so it's not much of a stretch to assume that he would act around a bit when the DIKs show up on his date with Jill and go into full "bro-mode".

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes