Mr. TotoJ

Mar 29, 2020
I would hope not, and I honestly don't believe that he would do such a thing which is why I don't really believe what I've seen said about AL. But if, and I stress that's a big IF, such a thing were true, it could just be that they don't want to spend the next 4 years working on this one game and if they can get it done sooner without compromising their vision and their story, then they'll do that.

With this episode being so big, as they've said, it could be that it's covering some ground they expected to cover later and as a result they might not need as many episodes anymore. If that's the case, then it would be a natural acceleration of the story based on the events of this episode lining up with ideas he had for later but has been able to implement here, as opposed to a forced acceleration which would bring elements forward just to speed things up, but I don't believe they would do that.
Ah I see.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
you're definitely right about that.

a chapter 6 that sensibly carries on the different stories would explain everything.

so I may have to go back to the complaints about chapter 6 too short that I have already written in advance ....
Well, I think you may want to delete your pre-written complaints (odd), since Doc has clearly stated that Episode 6 will be much longer than any before.

Also, I'm surprised at some people's reaction to Doc's comment I read it like this:

Assume 1 Episode takes 3 months average.
At 4 per Season, give or take...
That's approximately 1 Season per year.

To me his post means that this game will continue for "at least" 3 years. Or...the foreseeable future. Unless he gets recruited by some big company for a huge salary!

Guess what guys: DrPinkCake is EXTREMELY talented. He's on a higher level than most content creators here. It is unlikely that his career will be limited to P95Zone. His stuff is so good, I expect his career will skyrocket sooner rather than later. It would be surprising if it didn't. I imagine many success driven companies would bid aggressively to get his talent.

Remember Monty Om? When he posted those Dead Fantasy videos on Youtube, there was a bid war among the companies to recruit that genius. Talk about a great resume! I see Doc experiencing the same success. And while I want this game to go on as long as possible (meaning through compltion...it can and probably would suck if he belabors the story after all the plot points are resolved like so many TV and book series do). But I also want him to reap the success his expertise deserves. If it comes sooner rather than later, I'll just keep my eyes open for his next project and be proud of him.

Reactions: 6pak2go

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, I think you may want to delete your pre-written complaints (odd), since Doc has clearly stated that Episode 6 will be much longer than any before.

Also, I'm surprised at some people's reaction to Doc's comment I read it like this:

Assume 1 Episode takes 3 months average.
At 4 per Season, give or take...
That's approximately 1 Season per year.

To me his post means that this game will continue for "at least" 3 years. Or...the foreseeable future. Unless he gets recruited by some big company for a huge salary!

Guess what guys: DrPinkCake is EXTREMELY talented. He's on a higher level than most content creators here. It is unlikely that his career will be limited to P95Zone. His stuff is so good, I expect his career will skyrocket sooner rather than later. It would be surprising if it didn't. I imagine many success driven companies would bid aggressively to get his talent.

Remember Monty Om? When he posted those Dead Fantasy videos on Youtube, there was a bid war among the companies to recruit that genius. Talk about a great resume! I see Doc experiencing the same success. And while I want this game to go on as long as possible (meaning through compltion...it can and probably would suck if he belabors the story after all the plot points are resolved like so many TV and book series do). But I also want him to reap the success his expertise deserves. If it comes sooner rather than later, I'll just keep my eyes open for his next project and be proud of him.
put on a flashback, put on the D&G game, put on the school tests
and half episode is gone ...

joke!!

DPC's statement is confusing because until now we had talked about AT LEAST 4 seasons, as you say it could also be in a hurry to close to capitalize on BADIK's success and move on to more important works. but there has been a change in his projects. in the end it can also be positive, having the full game a year earlier is definitely positive

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
put on a flashback, put on the D&G game, put on the school tests
and half episode is gone ...

joke!!

DPC's statement is confusing because until now we had talked about AT LEAST 4 seasons, as you say it could also be in a hurry to close to capitalize on BADIK's success and move on to more important works. but there has been a change in his projects. in the end it can also be positive, having the full game a year earlier is definitely positive
I see what you are saying.

However, I believe that we will never get beyond Season 4 or maybe even Season 3 because some company is going to offer him a huge salary, health care, and a company car before long. Maybe that's what's in the back of his mind to? Maybe he can't say with confidence "surprised if less than 4 seasons," and maybe "at least 3 seasons" makes more sense if he is indeed considering a bright career ahead.

Though I don't want it to end, I hope that happens for him. He SO deserves it. On the other hand, once the plotlines are resolved I DO NOT want him to belabor BADIK making it a shell of a story that may frustrate or anger fans, having lost all its appeal (example: almost every series ever that went on to long).

Monty Om never came back to Dead Fantasy (which was left with a cliffhanger). Instead he accepted a job offer and gave us RWBY instead.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see what you are saying.

However, I believe that we will never get beyond Season 4 or maybe even Season 3 because some company is going to offer him a huge salary, health care, and a company car before long. Maybe that's what's in the back of his mind to? Maybe he can't say with confidence "surprised if less than 4 seasons," and maybe "at least 3 seasons" makes more sense if he is indeed considering a bright career ahead.

Though I don't want it to end, I hope that happens for him. He SO deserves it. On the other hand, once the plotlines are resolved I DO NOT want him to belabor BADIK making it a shell of a story that may frustrate or anger fans, having lost all its appeal (example: almost every series ever that went on to long).

Monty Om never came back to Dead Fantasy (which was left with a cliffhanger). Instead he accepted a job offer and gave us RWBY instead.
if he already had an offer in hand he would have stopped, but it is legitimate that DPC aspires to something more.

once completed BADIK however his fame would grow further, he could point to that, use BADIK (which is a much more ambitious project than AL) as a business card

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
if he already had an offer in hand he would have stopped, but it is legitimate that DPC aspires to something more.

once completed BADIK however his fame would grow further, he could point to that, use BADIK (which is a much more ambitious project than AL) as a business card
This game is great and DPC is very talented, but I think you both waaaaaaaaaayyyyy overestimate the exposure and popularity of a game like this in terms of being able to net him some kind of major job offer.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
This game is great and DPC is very talented, but I think you both waaaaaaaaaayyyyy overestimate the exposure and popularity of a game like this in terms of being able to net him some kind of major job offer.
I am inclined to agree - especially since he'd been working other jobs and quit them in order to do this full time once the subscriber levels were high enough. He likes being paid to do his own thing at his own pace. And seriously, if he's got 6-10k subscribers, even if they were all the cheapest possible bastards ($1/mo), that's some fat money to work with if we're being honest - and it's a pretty safe assumption a good number of them are at the higher tiers. It's covering him, any family he may have, plus building up new hardware to keep the rendering going well. I doubt he'd want to throw it all away just to punch somebody else's clock again.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Patreon's mechanism should lead him to lengthen the time to complete the game, not shorten it

there are games (even important ones) to which little side quests are added month by month that nobody really cares about just to extend the life of the game.

DPC "announces" that it intends to do the opposite, to compact its game.
from a professional point of view it would only be commendable, but it puts some doubts on it.

as much as DPC earns well, I don't think he sees his work as something he will do for a very long time

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Patreon's mechanism should lead him to lengthen the time to complete the game, not shorten it

there are games (even important ones) to which little side quests are added month by month that nobody really cares about just to extend the life of the game.

from a professional point of view it would only be commendable, but it puts some doubts on it.

as much as DPC earns well, I don't think he sees his work as something he will do for a very long time
Patreon does reward slow progression, but a good reputation earns more subscribers. I would suspect DPC wants to end the game strong without burning out and is just looking at keeping the subscribers happy while not growing to hate the work. If he ends this game strong most of his supporters will sign on to support his next project. We'd all like to see more of our favorite characters, but if he gives us a good solid ending it makes the game better. Three seasons may be less than the four suspected before, but if he's doing larger releases more material may get covered in each episode.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

DPC has said in the Q&A he did back in February that he has 3 different ideas for a new game after BaDIK so I don't think he minds if he somehow manages to finish BaDIK sooner than expected.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
Patreon does reward slow progression, but a good reputation earns more subscribers. I would suspect DPC wants to end the game strong without burning out and is just looking at keeping the subscribers happy while not growing to hate the work. If he ends this game strong most of his supporters will sign on to support his next project. We'd all like to see more of our favorite characters, but if he gives us a good solid ending it makes the game better. Three seasons may be less than the four suspected before, but if he's doing larger releases more material may get covered in each episode.
This is what can kill the game for DPC. Does it become a popularity contest or did he have an original intention for each route. If it's a popularity contest, he can play the game out as long as he wishes. If he goes off his original idea for the game he may finally say "fuck it" and end the story AL style. Now were starting to see Sally and Envy playing a part in the next episode. How many more characters will be part of the story? In AL he kept it under control with minimal set of characters.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes