ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
okay, i will be giving this game a try, i have hear a lot of good reviews, and i hope the game delivers as expected

thing is, i'm quite biased towards 3D modeled games, for me it would've been 1000 times better to get the art done in 2D, however, gonna hold my tongue and see what's so good about it
I share your preference for 2D art, but I'd say the static renders in this game are generally very good. The animations tend to stumble into the uncanny valley, but they've always been less important to me than the still images that tend to do the heavy story/character lifting.

is it coming this month
Almost certainly November, but we can always dream.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I didn't say it was a smart move, but if the laptop isn't in the room that it's supposed to be in, then that's the one room they won't check. It's kind of a classic move in these situations where a character is trying to gain access to something so they send everyone who could catch them on a wild goose chase away from the place they're trying to get into thereby leaving the location they're trying to gain access to unguarded. Rusty even comments that the picture hiding the safe shouldn't be squint, so someone either tried to get into the safe or was looking for it, and there's one person we know who's desperate enough for money to pull a stunt like this.

Nobody has to have paid her to do it either, least of all Dawe who is barely even a footnote on the suspects board, because we know Quinn is arrogant and in that arrogance she may have thought that the money would be easy to find and access, or she may even have thought she could get in to the safe if she knew of its existence beforehand. There's other factors too, like Camila appearing after the pic is posted and Riona being right outisde the room where the laptop was found, and these are both Quinn's closest girls so they may have had a hand in it. Also, the picture was clearly taken in the women's locker room at the gym and it's highly likely the pic was taken by a HOT.

Quinn can also have reneged on her deal with the DIKs and tried to gain access to the safe as a back-up plan if things didn't go as planned with the Preps without making ep 5 less significant. The Preps could have been Plan A and the safe was Plan B. She was perhaps looking for the safe in case things went south with the Preps and was arrogant enough to think things would be cool with Tommy such that she can get into that room again and take what she needs.
Even if Quinn knows where the safe is and knows the laptop is normally kept there (which I don't think was the case), the DIKs would still have to search that room to make sure the laptop wasn't there before they assumed it was stolen and must be elsewhere. That leaves a pretty narrow window between the time the DIKs call off searching near the safe and the time they return to figure out who did this.

I'm not saying that would make such a plan impossible. I'm saying it's narrower as just having Camila (et al) distract whatever DIKs are in the room (or heading towards it) while Quinn goes after the safe directly. Plus, that plan has the added benefits of not playing with serious fire AND not getting the DIKs in serious trouble. No matter how much Quinn needs the money, there's no reason for her to settle on a plan that has additional moving parts, higher risk, and massive collateral damage to people she likes (or at least appears to).

That goes triply if she was merely trying to locate the safe. In that case, it's not clear she would even need a distraction at all. I doubt anyone would bat an eye seeing Quinn in the mansion, so she just needs to keep her eyes peeled and maybe move a painting when no one is watching.

Quinn is an obvious suspect, and maybe that means it won't be her since that's a typical trope of murder mysteries where the most obvious suspect isn't the one who committed the crime, but this would be such a huge red herring that, right now, I can't see how anyone else being behind it would make as much sense.
The red herring is a venerable trope indeed.

The problem is that based on everything we know, there just *aren't* any good suspects in this case. The only people with a solid motive (the jocks) don't have the means or much of an opportunity. The people with the best ability to pull it off (a DIK or Quinn) have motivation not to do it. Wildcards (like Vinny or the nerds) are plausible, but require a lot of speculation because we know very little about them.

So we're stuck in a situation where we can either sit and wait for more information to arrive, or come up with increasingly convoluted theories to explain why unconnected dots are actually part of a subtle line. Naturally, we choose the latter. :p

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Even if Quinn knows where the safe is and knows the laptop is normally kept there (which I don't think was the case), the DIKs would still have to search that room to make sure the laptop wasn't there before they assumed it was stolen and must be elsewhere. That leaves a pretty narrow window between the time the DIKs call off searching near the safe and the time they return to figure out who did this.

I'm not saying that would make such a plan impossible. I'm saying it's narrower as just having Camila (et al) distract whatever DIKs are in the room (or heading towards it) while Quinn goes after the safe directly. Plus, that plan has the added benefits of not playing with serious fire AND not getting the DIKs in serious trouble. No matter how much Quinn needs the money, there's no reason for her to settle on a plan that has additional moving parts, higher risk, and massive collateral damage to people she likes (or at least appears to).

That goes triply if she was merely trying to locate the safe. In that case, it's not clear she would even need a distraction at all. I doubt anyone would bat an eye seeing Quinn in the mansion, so she just needs to keep her eyes peeled and maybe move a painting when no one is watching.

The red herring is a venerable trope indeed.

The problem is that based on everything we know, there just *aren't* any good suspects in this case. The only people with a solid motive (the jocks) don't have the means or much of an opportunity. The people with the best ability to pull it off (a DIK or Quinn) have motivation not to do it. Wildcards (like Vinny or the nerds) are plausible, but require a lot of speculation because we know very little about them.

So we're stuck in a situation where we can either sit and wait for more information to arrive, or come up with increasingly convoluted theories to explain why unconnected dots are actually part of a subtle line. Naturally, we choose the latter. :p
Rusty ran out into the main room screaming like a mad man that the laptop was missing, so clearly he and the other DIKs will have known that it wasn't in the room where it was supposed to be therefore meaning they have no need to search that room thus freeing it up for someone to go poking around looking for the safe.

Quinn is arrogant, reckless, and desperate, 3 things that when mixed together can make people do incredibly risky and dangerous things. As the saying goes, "desperate times call for desperate measures", and I could see her being just desperate enough to be so recklessly arrogant as to think that not only she could pull it off and get away with it, but that there would be minimal fallout from it because of who Rusty is.

If it was someone else, then it better have a damn good explanation because, as you said, there aren't really any other suspects with an obvious means or motive right now, so if Quinn is a red herring, then the real culprit had better be one that makes sense.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think Quinn is doing it. (blackmails rooster cluck) She needs distractions from her business, and her business is fairly shady so this fits pretty well. Her girls have access to a lot while going to parties, and Tommy being such a waste of walking fecal material would allow her access to DIK laptop whenever needed.
I also believe that Quinn is going to pay a very fatal price for her maneuvers. Not sure by whom yet... but this is just playing around with theories. A Quinn death would serve a dark purpose. Definitely would upset her fans, but even they will admit she is doing some stupid shit. I see no good ending for her. I do think pretty strongly that she is behind the blackmails and the Rooster cluck.

• Angry
Reactions: flippityflop

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Random thoughts, derived from various comments in here....
Quinn deserves to be bound to a fucking machine (DP/spitroast style haha) and left there for a day.
That outta the way, most of the other girls are worthy of the MC's baby batter, depending on current mood. lol :)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Rusty ran out into the main room screaming like a mad man that the laptop was missing, so clearly he and the other DIKs will have known that it wasn't in the room where it was supposed to be therefore meaning they have no need to search that room thus freeing it up for someone to go poking around looking for the safe.

Quinn is arrogant, reckless, and desperate, 3 things that when mixed together can make people do incredibly risky and dangerous things. As the saying goes, "desperate times call for desperate measures", and I could see her being just desperate enough to be so recklessly arrogant as to think that not only she could pull it off and get away with it, but that there would be minimal fallout from it because of who Rusty is.

If it was someone else, then it better have a damn good explanation because, as you said, there aren't really any other suspects with an obvious means or motive right now, so if Quinn is a red herring, then the real culprit had better be one that makes sense.
If Quinn is desperate enough to steal from the DIKs, why is she wasting all this time not stealing from them?

Bear in mind, she can't post the Cathy pic until she has access to the laptop. She can't access the laptop when there are DIKs around to see her fiddling with it. The laptop is stored in the same room as the safe. So in order to enact her needlessly complicated and dangerous plan to get access to the safe... she needs to have access to the safe.

As I said, even Quinn should be able to spot the flaw in that plan.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
If Quinn is desperate enough to steal from the DIKs, why is she wasting all this time not stealing from them?

Bear in mind, she can't post the Cathy pic until she has access to the laptop. She can't access the laptop when there are DIKs around to see her fiddling with it. The laptop is stored in the same room as the safe. So in order to enact her needlessly complicated and dangerous plan to get access to the safe... she needs to have access to the safe.

As I said, even Quinn should be able to spot the flaw in that plan.
Unless she fucks a DIK senseless, till he passes out, near the safe. She would of course need the password to open the safe, though..which would require a little more planning lol..but...I wouldn't see it as too far fetched for her to be the guilty one...but...I still lean towards a couple others more than I do her. I wouldn't see her as being the one to screw over the dicks. Maybe a jock...maybe another DIK, who has some hidden grudge we have yet to discover....

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Tommy is waaaay over his head with Quinn. She is smarter, she keeps her brain about her, and she can easily use him to get the laptop... case solved in my brain until DPC says otherwise.

Reactions: 311 and FookU2

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Tommy is waaaay over his head with Quinn. She is smarter, she keeps her brain about her, and she can easily use him to get the laptop... case solved in my brain until DPC says otherwise.
she just announced the week before that the HOTs hang and party with DiKs and made a new tradition of it... and went to plan b and used the preps for cash because of heat from the college, thievery doesn't seem likley, shit-posting sure, hence the popcorn post... she may even have had a hand in a prank... but i don't see her doing something that would take cash or the opportunity to get it away.
the Nick/Vinny thing seems a little more likely

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
so I guess my question with that hasn't been addressed regarding motivation for Nick. Vinny I could get a little behind as he was a stoner, non serious student etc. If Nick is involved with Vinny romantically possibly, and Vinny is pulling him to bring the DIKs down maybe.. But why? Vinny didn't leave the DIKs on bad terms. He flunked out or may as well have. Nick seems like a solid Brother and loyal to the code...

I think a more plausible idea might be if Chad's secret girl is Cathy, and he had pics. Cathy isn't satisfied by Chad as he lacks what it takes, and decides too much heat is on him for now. Cuts him off. Quinn continues to bring Chad steroids and possibly services him, and while he is cuddling himself Quinn got ahold of one or more Cathy pics.

Seeing that Rusty wouldn't support her drug business, Quinn makes a move to get Rusty removed similar to Chad, and uses Tommy to get to the laptop. She posts it, dumps the laptop in the library. Then hangs out with Tommy and MC on roof after all that.

Rusty finds the laptop in the library. Nick shows up after, which makes us think hmmmmmm?

Quinn continues without really thinking about the longer term consequences beyond getting Tommy in charge of the DIKs.

Still the strongest bet in my mind. Quinn benefits as it opens up the DIKs for more drugs and probably more girls... She doesn't necessarily think that the DIK money will dry up without Rusty, just that they go from Rusty's partyhouse to a more legit frat, and they support her nefarious schemes....

Just my thoughts

Luvsgettinghd

Jul 20, 2018
so I guess my question with that hasn't been addressed regarding motivation for Nick. Vinny I could get a little behind as he was a stoner, non serious student etc. If Nick is involved with Vinny romantically possibly, and Vinny is pulling him to bring the DIKs down maybe.. But why? Vinny didn't leave the DIKs on bad terms. He flunked out or may as well have. Nick seems like a solid Brother and loyal to the code...

I think a more plausible idea might be if Chad's secret girl is Cathy, and he had pics. Cathy isn't satisfied by Chad as he lacks what it takes, and decides too much heat is on him for now. Cuts him off. Quinn continues to bring Chad steroids and possibly services him, and while he is cuddling himself Quinn got ahold of one or more Cathy pics.

Seeing that Rusty wouldn't support her drug business, Quinn makes a move to get Rusty removed similar to Chad, and uses Tommy to get to the laptop. She posts it, dumps the laptop in the library. Then hangs out with Tommy and MC on roof after all that.

Rusty finds the laptop in the library. Nick shows up after, which makes us think hmmmmmm?

Quinn continues without really thinking about the longer term consequences beyond getting Tommy in charge of the DIKs.

Still the strongest bet in my mind. Quinn benefits as it opens up the DIKs for more drugs and probably more girls... She doesn't necessarily think that the DIK money will dry up without Rusty, just that they go from Rusty's partyhouse to a more legit frat, and they support her nefarious schemes....

Just my thoughts
Chad's secret girl is obviously Melanie. The way her and Sarah were talking after seeing the MC kissing Sage out in public.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes