Drinkolvi

Oct 15, 2018
Can't find 0.6 guide anywhere. Is the official one even made yet? If not is there any fan-made walkthroughs for 0.6?

shakytube

Jul 22, 2019
Yo guys so I finished my playthrough and I got a question. When at the end Professor Burke is looking at his computer etc. How could he possibly got a hold of the video of MC fucking Jade? If my memory serves right after MC shows the video to the DIKs for the Hell Week, Rusty uses his DIK secret right or something (I know it's named differently) and everyone keeps that to themselves. So how did Prof. Burke has that video? I didn't understand that part and if someone has an idea or two about this and would tell me I would appreciate it

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Yo guys so I finished my playthrough and I got a question. When at the end Professor Burke is looking at his computer etc. How could he possibly got a hold of the video of MC fucking Jade? If my memory serves right after MC shows the video to the DIKs for the Hell Week, Rusty uses his DIK secret right or something (I know it's named differently) and everyone keeps that to themselves. So how did Prof. Burke has that video? I didn't understand that part and if someone has an idea or two about this and would tell me I would appreciate it
Huh? You don't have to show the video to DIK's, i never did in my playthrough so of course he never got access to it. I never got a scene of burke having a video of mc/jade.

shakytube

Jul 22, 2019
Huh? You don't have to show the video to DIK's, i never did in my playthrough so of course he never got access to it. I never got a scene of burke having a video of mc/jade.
I know that it's an option to show the video. That's not the point tho lol

sulimo04

Nov 14, 2019
its obvious
how did cathy's pic get leaked?
same question

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Two months of lurking with nothing new to add, and finally it's here and I have things to say again.

Episode 6 is... fine, I guess. I played twice, and I enjoyed it, though less the second time. I just don't think it really delivered any of the things I actually wanted.

I remember some time back somebody tried to make a list of all the unanswered questions left dangling up through the end of Ep. 5, and it was about twenty items long. I think this episode addressed one (the letter pertaining to MC's mom). In and of itself that's not a problem, except that we didn't develop any of the relationships either. We made one tiny inch of emotional progress with Bella, and that's it. None of the other LI's like us any more or less than they did before, regardless of our choices. However they felt about us at the start of Ep. 6 is the same at the end. We added a few more dangling, "to be continued" type stuff, mostly at the very end, and for the first time it felt really forced. Previous cliffhangers properly whetted our appetites for answers, but this just felt like "stay tuned for more" teaser bait.

As for the gameplay itself, first off, I disable minigames. I see a lot of complaints about them in this episode, but I've always found them annoying so I turn them off by default. I get the feeling others may join me in this going forward.

Second, the free roam sections... it's too much. It's like so many games that are "open world" only the more you explore the more you realize it's just empty space. The interactivity is a bunch of mostly filler conversations and then scavenger hunting for renders, which I never minded doing in prior episodes because free roam areas didn't have 50 separate screens to stare at. I'm missing some renders and will probably just wait for someone to post a location list instead of hunting them down myself, because it's too big a haystack for me to go looking for a needle in.

I liked the D&G game, but I agree it is clearly where DPC spent all the time this episode. There's a lot of alternate routes in there without making any single run through feel too long, which is good and adds to replayability, but the time devoted to developing it could have gone into giving us more meat on the actual story instead.

I was wondering if I was going to need spoiler tags on any of this, but I'm realizing there's barely anything to spoil. Even if I gave a play-by-play of the episode (I won't), not enough of substance happens to really be considered a proper spoiler. There's nothing that, if I blurted it out, would ruin the episode for you or spoil some huge reveal. That's disappointing to me, that in the entire episode nothing really felt like it carried any weight.

So... yeah. The episode is nice to look at, but once you've unlocked the naughty bits and the joy of a new chapter fades it feels pretty empty of actual, meaningful content. I'll run through it again to do a deeper dive, look for some details that might have meaning behind them worth considering, but all-in-all this felt pretty disappointing to me.

shakytube

Jul 22, 2019
ohhh so If you don't show the DIKs the video Burke doesn't get a hold of it. Hmmmm if that's the case the "brotherhood" of the DIKs isn't as strong as it is shown then I guess

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Just finished the update and don't really know where to begin, but one thing is for sure; I'm pissed off! I started off with the usual anxiety of not knowing where this was going, but at the end, I'm just really pissed off with this episode.

I think one of the reasons is that I've gotten used to games where there aren't so many consequences and it's a nice bit of escapism from the harsh realities of life, and this game was that for the first 3, even 5 episodes to an extent, but now it's just delivering gut punch, after gut punch, after gut punch that I'm starting to think DPC might be something of a masochist.

I've been here a lot and I know people have, by and large, been giving DPC the benefit of the doubt by saying "it won't be as dark as AL" and that "he won't do what he did before", well he's doing it in terms of the emotional stuff and, in what is just my humble opinion as an avid fan and player, it feels like the game is gradually getting worse with all of this dark drama and the gut-wrenching relationship melodrama.

Without going into too much detail and in no particular order, these are all the things that pissed me off about this episode based on my main runthrough:

1) The Sims-like "rebuild the mansion" management system
2) The DnG game
3) The whole nothing burger that was the MC's Mom's letter
4) Not getting to resolve things with Jade as to why the MC didn't show up for their rendezvous
5) Not being able to talk to Cathy and Jade at the bar
6) Having to choose between Jill and Sage
7) Essentially getting "cockblocked" from Nicole for going on the date with Jill
8) Tybalt's slimy blackmail
9) Automatically turning down Lily's request
10) Mona geting expelled
11) Cathy resigning
12) Maya's Dad showing up and literally everything to do with what he's doing to her.

I'm honestly so fearful of what's to happen now, particularly with Maya, because this is the darkest part of the game so far with so much depressing and worrisome shit being thrown at us all at once that I'm starting to think DPC enjoys this and that all of us hoping for this to be a generally light-hearted game couldn't have been more wrong.

I'll probably come back to this game in a couple of weeks once the walkthrough is released and see exactly what the deal is with the different choices, but I think I might also need to take some time to decompress after this episode because aside from pissing me off, I'm not liking the direction this is going in and I'm not sure if I can do this for 6 or more episodes if it keeps going in this direction.

I enjoyed the rebuild mini game. My main issue is not really knowing if you are making suitable progress. I feel like I was doing well, but who knows?

Figured you'd dislike the D&G game, I thought it was quite fun, and broke up the episode. That said i'd of happily had an extra character scene.

The consequences of the Mom's letter are really the diary. MC has hardly touched that yet. The $5k is interesting. Presumably we'll get two choices. Either Maya or something else. Maybe Quiin.

I didn't interact with Jade in this episode. Possibly be discussed in the future. Agreed would have been nice to happen this episode. Also agree about not being able to interact with Jade and Cathy at the bar.

Jill/ Sage is a choice that was missing in 5. Something to create a sense of different paths. In reality it should of been easy for MC to say Sage is sick and I need to run an errand can we do this later?

Again the Nicole cockblock represents a path choice. If you are with Jill you can't fuck around. I'm a little anxious with this happening half way through the game since if we have to choose in the next episode the future ones will feel content light and require 5 different playthoughs.

Agreed, blackmail made me angry, partly due to Jill's blindspot for him Tybalt being human trash and partly because he's a bell end.

The Mona thing will have to have consequences. You can't just kick someone out of school and pretend they didnt get in because they wouldn't suck you dick. If Mona can't be helped then i'm pissed, because it would be really bad story telling.

I agree about Cathy resigning. It makes sense, and arguably it would be silly if the MC had the magic ability to get her to stay, but I like the character and it sucks that she's being done like that.

Maya's dad is a prick. We knew that, and DPC had to justify Maya's desperate need for money. Tricky to see where this is going.

Over all I liked the chapter in a lot of ways but I do fear he is moving away from what I really like, the College Comedy and more towards the melodrama. I hope he can keep the balance right in the future. Between implications with Bella, Maya, Mona, Cathy, Quinn everything seems to be getting a bit bleak.

ana sucubbus

Sep 27, 2018
I cant reroll back to my episode 5 saves ?
im stuck with someone else name and its annoying, looks like i need to do the all game from start and im not in the mood :(
the settings on the phone dont work, they still call me with someone else name, i think its because i used someone else save to get the last 3 scene i was missing, and i forgot to save it on my save with my name :(
anything i can do ?

shakytube

Jul 22, 2019
the same way someone got hold of the laptop to post the Cathy pic on Rooster.

someone's trying to destroy the DIKs and has access to their laptop. it’s looking like it’s someone on the inside.
oooooh yeah that's pretty logical. Thanks for the answer, friend))

DatFatFrog

May 3, 2017
Just finished the update and don't really know where to begin, but one thing is for sure; I'm pissed off! I started off with the usual anxiety of not knowing where this was going, but at the end, I'm just really pissed off with this episode.

I think one of the reasons is that I've gotten used to games where there aren't so many consequences and it's a nice bit of escapism from the harsh realities of life, and this game was that for the first 3, even 5 episodes to an extent, but now it's just delivering gut punch, after gut punch, after gut punch that I'm starting to think DPC might be something of a masochist.

I've been here a lot and I know people have, by and large, been giving DPC the benefit of the doubt by saying "it won't be as dark as AL" and that "he won't do what he did before", well he's doing it in terms of the emotional stuff and, in what is just my humble opinion as an avid fan and player, it feels like the game is gradually getting worse with all of this dark drama and the gut-wrenching relationship melodrama.

Without going into too much detail and in no particular order, these are all the things that pissed me off about this episode based on my main runthrough:

1) The Sims-like "rebuild the mansion" management system
2) The DnG game
3) The whole nothing burger that was the MC's Mom's letter
4) Not getting to resolve things with Jade as to why the MC didn't show up for their rendezvous
5) Not being able to talk to Cathy and Jade at the bar
6) Having to choose between Jill and Sage
7) Essentially getting "cockblocked" from Nicole for going on the date with Jill
8) Tybalt's slimy blackmail
9) Automatically turning down Lily's request
10) Mona geting expelled
11) Cathy resigning
12) Maya's Dad showing up and literally everything to do with what he's doing to her.

I'm honestly so fearful of what's to happen now, particularly with Maya, because this is the darkest part of the game so far with so much depressing and worrisome shit being thrown at us all at once that I'm starting to think DPC enjoys this and that all of us hoping for this to be a generally light-hearted game couldn't have been more wrong.

I'll probably come back to this game in a couple of weeks once the walkthrough is released and see exactly what the deal is with the different choices, but I think I might also need to take some time to decompress after this episode because aside from pissing me off, I'm not liking the direction this is going in and I'm not sure if I can do this for 6 or more episodes if it keeps going in this direction.
I tend to agree with you on most matters, even with a different playthrough we come to the same conclusion. During this episode I could count nearly six dramas that totally exploded, like the departure of Mona, the story with Maya's father, the fact of almost losing the relationship with Jill if you choose to help a friend in the need rather than going on a date, Tybalt's blackmail, the drug problem and the tri-alphas. I just felt like this episode was there to fuck shit. Also, if we remove the DnG part, there is not much concrete left in this episode compared to the others. We risk ending up with a dozen different endings if the complexity remains the same

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Anyone can give a full persistent file? Thank you
Here is persistent save file with all scenes in gallery unlocked if anyone needs it.

Unzip the file here AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BeingaDIK-1535311494

If you want to change name of main characater displayed in the gallery scenes then start a new game and skip until you name main character after that you can go back to gallery and the name will change.

You need to delete your own persistent file in game folder for this to work.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes