Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Over all I liked the chapter in a lot of ways but I do fear he is moving away from what I really like, the College Comedy and more towards the melodrama. I hope he can keep the balance right in the future. Between implications with Bella, Maya, Mona, Cathy, Quinn everything seems to be getting a bit bleak.
"Bleak" is putting it mildly. DPC seems to be creating a lot of no-win scenarios and it's fucking depressing stuff for an adult VN.

I tend to agree with you on most matters, even with a different playthrough we come to the same conclusion. During this episode I could count nearly six dramas that totally exploded, like the departure of Mona, the story with Maya's father, the fact of almost losing the relationship with Jill if you choose to help a friend in the need rather than going on a date, Tybalt's blackmail, the drug problem and the tri-alphas. I just felt like this episode was there to fuck shit. Also, if we remove the DnG part, there is not much concrete left in this episode compared to the others. We risk ending up with a dozen different endings if the complexity remains the same
Exactly. Episode 5, for being relatively short, felt like it provided a lot of breathing room to relax after the packed events of the previous 4 episodes, but this was practically claustrophobic with so much going on and lots of new dramas being piled on to the ones that were already still happening and largely unresolved.

It's actually ironic that this is called "Damage Control" because it actually causes more damage than it resolves.

In the end, you see Cathy crying in the bar with Jade. You also see her resignation letter on Burke's table when he is deleting Mona's scholarship.
This actually seems like an inconsistency and poor story writing because if Mona has a scholarship then she doesn't need free tuition, so why would she say that's her motivation for joining the HOTs? :unsure:

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
To be honest after this update I really don't like Jill anymore. The fact that she just passively accepts what Tybalt is saying and doesn't tell him off pissed me off especially since she just lets him blackmail her. It just seemed to be put in for the sake of drama and to gut punch the player.

After this update Sage ,Bella and Quinn are my top three so far if you don't include side girls like Jade or Camilla but at least there was quite a bit of Jade content in this update which I liked. I was kind of hoping we were done with the Maya/Josy BS but it seems we are going to be forced into dealing with that shit again which I wasn't a fan of.

At least if Cathy is resigning we might get some scenes with her since she won't have the taboo of being a teacher any more.

Boldi

Apr 9, 2018
"Bleak" is putting it mildly. DPC seems to be creating a lot of no-win scenarios and it's fucking depressing stuff for an adult VN.

Exactly. Episode 5, for being relatively short, felt like it provided a lot of breathing room to relax after the packed events of the previous 4 episodes, but this was practically claustrophobic with so much going on and lots of new dramas being piled on to the ones that were already still happening and largely unresolved.

It's actually ironic that this is called "Damage Control" because it actually causes more damage than it resolves.

This actually seems like an inconsistency and poor story writing because if Mona has a scholarship then she doesn't need free tuition, so why would she say that's her motivation for joining the HOTs? :unsure:

Lots of questions were raised by the ending on this one its Maya not Mona. PS can't Maya and Josy can fuck off already after the shit they put the MC through earlier in the series literally could not careless about their problems!

Hopefully MC can help Cathy.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

HLow

Jul 1, 2017
I cant reroll back to my episode 5 saves ?
im stuck with someone else name and its annoying, looks like i need to do the all game from start and im not in the mood :(
the settings on the phone dont work, they still call me with someone else name, i think its because i used someone else save to get the last 3 scene i was missing, and i forgot to save it on my save with my name :(
anything i can do ?
If you haven't enabled the in-game developer console yet, enable it by doing this:
go to your game folder and edit this file: renpy/Common/00console.rpy
find this line: "config.console = False" and change it into "config.console = True" (the capital letter is important).

Then start your game and load a save file, open the developer console by pressing Shift + O, you can then change the 'name' variable by typing this: $ name = "name you want" (including the quotes). Press Esc to exit the console.

Reactions: aragh

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
To be honest after this update I really don't like Jill anymore. The fact that she just passively accepts what Tybalt is saying and doesn't tell him off pissed me off especially since she just lets him blackmail her. It just seemed to be put in for the sake of drama and to gut punch the player.

After this update Sage ,Bella and Quinn are my top three so far if you don't include side girls like Jade or Camilla but at least there was quite a bit of Jade content in this update which I liked. I was kind of hoping we were done with the Maya/Josy BS but it seems we are going to be forced into dealing with that shit again which I wasn't a fan of.

At least if Cathy is resigning we might get some scenes with her since she won't have the taboo of being a teacher any more.
After this update, I don't think I like DPC anymore. I've been largely indifferent to them with regards to the story direction, writing, etc, and willing to give them the benefit of doubt that they won't take this down too dark a road and pile on the drama, but I think those days may be gone.

It has often felt like DPC is very much trying to stride out on their own here by making a game that is massively different to everything else out there, not just in terms of its story and gameplay, but by wanting to fuck people up as much as people with difficult choices, serious drama, and gut-wrenching consequences. It's almost as if they're trying to punish people for playing adult games and I can almost imagine them sitting at their desk ghost-reading comments here and checking their Discord while gleefully rubbing their hands together like Mr Burns and cackling, "hee, hee, hee, your agony is delicious."

But just to say, as someone who plays the M&J route, it actually had some nice moments in this episode and actually seems like it could be the best one in this whole game, provided DPC doesn't toss anymore hand grenades into it or kill one of them off, and honestly, after this episode, I feel I can no longer rule that out as a possibility. :cry:

X2Z

Aug 8, 2017
great freakin game but someone better make a fuck everyone mod i swear to god
i did NOT like having to choose between girls in this episode.. great game tho 10/10. Top 2 all time with broken dreamers

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
After this update, I don't think I like DPC anymore. I've been largely indifferent to them with regards to the story direction, writing, etc, and willing to give them the benefit of doubt that they won't take this down too dark a road and pile on the drama, but I think those days may be gone.

It has often felt like DPC is very much trying to stride out on their own here by making a game that is massively different to everything else out there, not just in terms of its story and gameplay, but by wanting to fuck people up as much as people with difficult choices, serious drama, and gut-wrenching consequences. It's almost as if they're trying to punish people for playing adult games and I can almost imagine them sitting at their desk ghost-reading comments here and checking their Discord while gleefully rubbing their hands together like Mr Burns and cackling, "hee, hee, hee, your agony is delicious."

But just to say, as someone who plays the M&J route, it actually had some nice moments in this episode and actually seems like it could be the best one in this whole game, provided DPC doesn't toss anymore hand grenades into it or kill one of them off, and honestly, after this episode, I feel I can no longer rule that out as a possibility. :cry:
This drama is going to be nothing compared to the Bella drama, there's a reason hes saving her drama for last. You're gonna see a massive amount of forum outrage when all that stuff starts.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes