Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Except i'm not proven wrong, not yet at least
What? We have discarded that theory due to many flaws it has and still you do not rule it out, it is crazy xD. It is as if I told you that the MC is Maya's family because they both have the same color eyes too ... talk for the sake of talking

likeWhatever

Jul 31, 2019
What? We have discarded that theory due to many flaws it has and still you do not rule it out, it is crazy xD. It is as if I told you that the MC is Maya's family because they both have the same color eyes too ... talk for the sake of talking
Maybe i am crazy, just like the ending of Acting Lessons. Something to think about

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I see where you're coming from but all that aside, DPC is the GOAT, 100% trust, best game ever, nuff said.
First let's agree to disagree on your assessment of DPC. He is definitely going out on a limb with what he is bringing into BaDIK with these side ventures and distractions. Given that we made virtually no headway in the progression of the story, the fluff seems like a marketing measure to me. I think he is short on story, and to keep the Patreon gravy train coming, he has to put stuff out. Before flaming that, note that he is already well under way to locking us out of certain LI choices and side chick choices. If we are in fact only half done, then that leave 6 more updates, according to the minimum estimate of what 3 seasons will take.

So for the next 6 updates he will continue to limit our choices until we are left with one. (possibly 2 if M&J, and possibly 2 if B&J happens) However, he does not have a history of kindness towards 3somes so I fear there can be only one (Highlander.... damn good movie).
Sadly though, as many others and myself have noted, DPC is making this shit dark, so perhaps there can be only none. The moral of that story is, it is all fun and games until you get crabs, and or your love interest saw what a complete whore you have been... or she dies... or she is your aunt and therefore dumps you, or if he adds Quinn in (He added Jill after all) we go back to she dies by getting shot, or she goes psycho (he likes that one), or they leave you because they can no longer stay at B&R. The choices are many, the results are few. So how does he fill up 6 more updates?????

More fluffy crap that doesn't add in any significant way to the story.
I am with Bacchus on this one.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I do not remember the details. But what if the mother of the MC died during childbirth?
I have no evidence, but a feeling tells me that Jill or Bella (or both) have a family relationship or a very close relationship with the main character's mother.

My closest guess is that Bella is a close friend of Jill's sister. And Jill's sister is the mother of the main character. And all this will be revealed by reading the diary of the mother of the MC. But these are just a guess, without proof from me.
That's what happened, the mother died the day MC was born giving birth to him. But I repeat, Jill was not 3 years old, not even close when her sister died.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
it's an interesting question, but let's think like this, if creators like DPC (famous and with good prestige) don't risk expanding their resources and thus show future developers that they can think high in their games, it would be boring, DPC left the comfort zone in a game with adult content, it's not just renderings of naked women and sex, it focuses on the plot, the story and these new features can serve as testicles for future games. Regarding content, I thought it had a lot, but it depends on your affinity DIK or CHIK, so I play in two saves, to extract the maximum content from both sides, the text was bad and my answer was confused, but your question it is indeed very interesting, let's see how it unfolds until the end of the game
Adding ambitious features that aren't seen in other games to show your range and what's possible is all well and good, but generally these things are locked in from the beginning and not introduced at this stage let alone in this much quantity. This game was already loaded with features that don't exist in other games, like the text conversations and mobile apps, but they all fit within the context of the game and actually feel like they belong in this world, but something like the mansion repair system doesn't and has taken a choice-based visual novel and added something of a time/resource management system which kills the flow of the game when you have to deal with it. It's something that could be easily dealt with simply within the narrative with a bit of dialogue here and there that explains how they're doing with fixing things up and doesn't really contribute anything to the wider story that should be the main focus of a game like this.

And i didn't imply people can't take criticism. All i said that theory is still up for debate yet a lot of people believe it's 100% not happening which is funny to me
It's not up for debate because DPC has said there won't anything like that because it's not a kink they're interestd in, and they even made joke about it in this episode:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
"We" in the sense you are using it implies everyone, and clearly that is not the case. There are reasonable arguments that it is possible. Likely?? Who knows. DPC saying no incest, no harem, no blah blah did not say no needless drama. He loves that shit. What better way to kill off a romance than have her be your aunt, and even if you would stuff that elephant trunk in her, she has morals and would dump you.

I am in the group of saying "Never say never" when it comes to the ways DPC likes to inflict emotional damage!

Dark Guy

Dec 13, 2018
hmm i've been checking something.
That previous date with Jill.

You may actually be right. but then drPinkcake would be breaking his word about no incest here.
There is indeed a link between jill's sister and mc's mother. But this is just a little info about her sister.
Jill is 21 in Ch5. her sister died when she was 3.

So yeah the same as mc's mother 18 years ago, or is it just a coincident?

WELL ACKTUALLY, in earlier episodes, you can open the bed drawer in Jill's room (in FR mode) there's a picture of Jill and her sister and she look nothing like the MC's mom, more like Jill but with shorter hair.

Reactions: A.aron

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Adding ambitious features that aren't seen in other games to show your range and what's possible is all well and good, but generally these things are locked in from the beginning and not introduced at this stage let alone in this much quantity. This game was already loaded with features that don't exist in other games, like the text conversations and mobile apps, but they all fit within the context of the game and actually feel like they belong in this world, but something like the mansion repair system doesn't and has taken a choice-based visual novel and added something of a time/resource management system which kills the flow of the game when you have to deal with it. It's something that could be easily dealt with simply within the narrative with a bit of dialogue here and there that explains how they're doing with fixing things up and doesn't really contribute anything to the wider story that should be the main focus of a game like this.

It's not up for debate because DPC has said there won't anything like that because it's not a kink they're interestd in, and they even made joke about it in this episode:
Damnit dude, 2 shirts, and minor burns. That shit is hilarious but too much for my coffee.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
"We" in the sense you are using it implies everyone, and clearly that is not the case. There are reasonable arguments that it is possible. Likely?? Who knows. DPC saying no incest, no harem, no blah blah did not say no needless drama. He loves that shit. What better way to kill off a romance than have her be your aunt, and even if you would stuff that elephant trunk in her, she has morals and would dump you.

I am in the group of saying "Never say never" when it comes to the ways DPC likes to inflict emotional damage!
Im not gonna buy that, sorry :(

WELL ACKTUALLY, in earlier episodes, you can open the bed drawer in Jill's room (in FR mode) there's a picture of Jill and her sister and she look nothing like the MC's mom, more like Jill but with shorter hair.
Anyone can show me that photo please? ive never seen it

DatBoit

Dec 2, 2018
Here's an interesting question: does anybody else think that DPC's ambition could be detrimental to the game?

What I mean by that is that, in this episode, we saw a lot of very big new features and fantasy scenes, like the free-roam map, hidden items, the DIK laptop, and the DnG game, and as a result it somewhat left this episode feeling a little hollow because there wasn't a great deal of progress with a lot of the established plotlines and even felt quite light on real-world content with the various female characters. Even the affinity/status system is very ambitious and is starting to throw up some issues and inconsistencies.

So it would seem that, perhaps, in focusing on these things, that DPC might have lost a bit of sight on what's really important which is the story and the girls, and I would hope that the focus returns there in the next episode rather than focus on introducing any more ambitious side elements.
Yes, 100 %. I wrote a longer post about this yesterday, where the sentiment was that the game is being convoluted with things that do not matter for the overall story; the mansion game, the multitude of free roam events and useless side quests such as the D&G session to name a few. I absolutely hate that DPC has spent time making posing and rendering 350 images and 27 aniimations, as well as writing 2500 lines of text for such a pointless thing as the D&G game. Imagine if that time would have been either cut completely from the development, or if it would have been spent somewhere else.

It seems like what gives him enjoyment in making the game right now is adding all these complex minigames, free roam events and special renders everywhere, that he completely forgets about progressing the main story. He is adding too much depth and detail for these things - it's like he is developing horisontally rather than vertically, and that is extremely disappointing.

When updates take five months to complete, they really need to be worthwile, which I just don't consider them to be if we have all this fluff on the side, rather than meaningful and impactful scenes with the main girls. I really rate DPC as a developer, but he needs to get back on track here, because I felt sort of the same for Episode 5, that he was just adding more things on the same occasion, rather than including more occasions, if that makes sense.

I thought the first four chapters were much better; they were fun, they had better balance between free roam and narration, and the included more meaningful scenes. It is almost at the point where I am considering going back to the $30 tier just to voice my concerns and actually have that count for something.

likeWhatever

Jul 31, 2019
First let's agree to disagree on your assessment of DPC. He is definitely going out on a limb with what he is bringing into BaDIK with these side ventures and distractions. Given that we made virtually no headway in the progression of the story, the fluff seems like a marketing measure to me. I think he is short on story, and to keep the Patreon gravy train coming, he has to put stuff out. Before flaming that, note that he is already well under way to locking us out of certain LI choices and side chick choices. If we are in fact only half done, then that leave 6 more updates, according to the minimum estimate of what 3 seasons will take.

So for the next 6 updates he will continue to limit our choices until we are left with one. (possibly 2 if M&J, and possibly 2 if B&J happens) However, he does not have a history of kindness towards 3somes so I fear there can be only one (Highlander.... damn good movie).
Sadly though, as many others and myself have noted, DPC is making this shit dark, so perhaps there can be only none. The moral of that story is, it is all fun and games until you get crabs, and or your love interest saw what a complete whore you have been... or she dies... or she is your aunt and therefore dumps you, or if he adds Quinn in (He added Jill after all) we go back to she dies by getting shot, or she goes psycho (he likes that one), or they leave you because they can no longer stay at B&R. The choices are many, the results are few. So how does he fill up 6 more updates?????

More fluffy crap that doesn't add in any significant way to the story.
I am with Bacchus on this one.
First of all i don't think this episode was bad, sure maybe a little stale like anything in life can be. And him going dark, another comparison with real life it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I don't have a problem with it whatsoever

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I've just noticed a suspicious individual among DIKs not mentioned thus far - Leon:
  1. In EP6, on the first night that MC had green tarp to cover the broken window, there was a shadow/person running past the window.
  2. On the following morning of the above, Leon is seen still asleep after everyone has awoken. He may be an early riser as he was the one who gathered people for Bella's 'walk of shame' after she stayed the night (unless I confused him with Jamie).
  3. His DIK brother Jamie's phone was inexplicably missing during one of the earlier episodes. Jamie's laptop folder was the only fellow DIK folder that MC could access in EP6 (possible indication of security breach). It would not be difficult for Leon to steal Jamie's phone to post Cathy's pic while covering his track.
  4. If the above conjecture holds, then Nick's clean room and Nick's connection with Vinny could be a false flag/misdirection.

Alternatively, none of the above reasoning makes any sense, and that the person appearing to be most suspicious - Nick - is indeed the suspect and that he was just doing a lap around the DIK mansion before bed.
I didn’t notice the shadow.

Bella staying really annoyed me. Such a stupid unnecessary risk.

Jamie’s phone being missing is interesting as he also has a new one ‘thanks to Rusty’. Jamie also mentions he isn’t sleeping.

I was speculating on Leon due to him being the only one not to have made any effort in his own room. Like he knows it’s not worth it because he won’t be there long.

Clues this episode.

The new phones. Could these been set up to be bugged or have spyware to allow password hacking.

Agree Nick does have the most obvious flags. For example he’s in the library after the laptop is stolen and also his room doesn’t get touched. Could very easily be red herring.

The only people who pit would make 0 sense for at this point is MC, Derek and Rusty. Everyone else seems to have something that could lead them to the betrayal. As it stands Leon is the one we bonded with the least.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
What's so "dark" about this update? The only stuff i remember happening was mona's scholarship going poof, burke maybe/sorta having mcxjade sextape (only if you gave it to the diks), quinn getting beat up and maya's dad showing up? Sorry but's that not "dark", just wait till you see what DPC has planned for us, this shit pales in comparison.:ROFLMAO:

mememe_da9b19c4815cd306a90da764511c8d72-1.jpg

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
That's what happened, the mother died the day MC was born giving birth to him. But I repeat, Jill was not 3 years old, not even close when her sister died.
If Lynette truly died giving birth, that would have been the right age for Jill to be 3. She is a third year student, thus 21 years old give or take. If she is slightly older or younger makes little difference. If that is true, one possibility we have now been given is that there are 6 diaries that Lynette had before the one that the MC just got. Jill could have read those and with her romantic brain lived out an entire life with her dead sister, and read about what her sister did with her before she died. Likely??? Who knows, but again, possible.
And just to be clear, DPC saying no incest does not preclude Jill as the aunt. We all Assume that we will get to close the deal with her. What if we don't get to? Then the no incest still holds.... just saying.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yes, 100 %. I wrote a longer post about this yesterday, where the sentiment was that the game is being convoluted with things that do not matter for the overall story; the mansion game, the multitude of free roam events and useless side quests such as the D&G session to name a few. I absolutely hate that DPC has spent time making posing and rendering 350 images and 27 aniimations, as well as writing 2500 lines of text for such a pointless thing as the D&G game. Imagine if that time would have been either cut completely from the development, or if it would have been spent somewhere else.

It seems like what gives him enjoyment in making the game right now is adding all these complex minigames, free roam events and special renders everywhere, that he completely forgets about progressing the main story. He is adding too much depth and detail for these things - it's like he is developing horisontally rather than vertically, and that is extremely disappointing.

When updates take five months to complete, they really need to be worthwile, which I just don't consider them to be if we have all this fluff on the side, rather than meaningful and impactful scenes with the main girls. I really rate DPC as a developer, but he needs to get back on track here, because I felt sort of the same for Episode 5, that he was just adding more things on the same occasion, rather than including more occasions, if that makes sense.

I thought the first four chapters were much better; they were fun, they had better balance between free roam and narration, and the included more meaningful scenes. It is almost at the point where I am considering going back to the $30 tier just to voice my concerns and actually have that count for something.
Story should always take precedent over everything else and the features that were in this game through the first 5 episodes were already on a level that no other game has reached, and I certainly don't think anyone was bored of them as to require the kind of features we have now.

When it comes to the mansion repair, I really don't think we needed this level of involvement. The MC could have simply spoken to Rusty or even gathered all the DIKs to explain the plan moving forward, then we get in to the free-roam portion and the MC could have gone to each of their rooms just as we did, only this time he can offer to help them clean up and he can only do it so many times per free-roam, but by the end of the episode all rooms will have been fixed up. There could even be some mini-games here like the "painting" mechanic, but that's all that was really needed.

As for the DnG game, it almost feels as though it was so big as to quiet those who liked the first one and were apparently asking for more. Perhaps DPC did it this way so that people won't ask again, or if they do he can ignore them because he gave them what they wanted, but it was still unnecessary to devote such a large chunk of the game to something so inconsequential.

Also, is that much you have to pay to be able to PM DPC on Patreon? :oops:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes