always86

Mar 19, 2020
The youngest has the face of Jill and the older is very very similar to the current Jill

The MC mom does not look like them, maybe only in the eyes, but Bella and Maya have them almost the same too
The faces do look similar. Certainly could be her (or related to her). As I’ve speculated before I think the interesting thing in the picture is actually the hidden text.

If the text is something simple like Jill and Erica then why cover it? We don’t know who Erica is. Even when we find out Jill’s sister is dead that’s still not significant to us. If the writing is inconsequential then why add it? Seems to me it is a name.

Does the MC actually know what his Mum looked like? Seems silly that dad wouldn’t of had pictures, but there aren’t any round the house, the Mum we see in flashback could be how MC pictures her. (Again speculation with no evidence, just a possibility)

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Choosing between sage (sick time) & jill (birthday date) was very hard. Why the hell there is no option to postpone a date to later time.
Yeah that sucked. It made me wish I wasn't on both of their paths. I felt like an ass for turning down Jill when she went to all that trouble to arrange a surprise birthday treat for me, but on the other hand I felt like a douche for turning down Sage when I promised I'd come by to see her. What's the better position? Being an ass or a douche? :unsure: :LOL:

Reactions: Paapi

dosenspezi

May 2, 2017
Oh I bought the game on steam. I was briefly on Patreon. DPC did not appreciate my opinions on his story telling :D
Can't tell that ep6 measured up to all my hopes after 5 months of hanging on, but this is nothing new to me when expectations are running high. I got to deal with how it is now without being disrespectful or abusive towards the creator.

So sorry, no sorry! I can't stand such behaviour, nowhere.

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't know at what level he will respond to his patrons, but I certainly think it would carry more weight if a $30 patreon criticised something compared to a $5 one. I also believe the game is only out for the $30 tier as of now, and the earlier you strike, the less comments and the more chance he will notice and consider it. I'm on the lowest tier now, and I don't think I will increase, but the only way to promote change is on Patreon.
Yeah, Episode 1-4 had the best balance IMO, this episode felt more like a First Person RPGM where you have to search around for somethings that does not contribute much to the plot. If it didn't take much time sure I wouldn't mind but it introduced us to elements like finding the hidden button, management, DnG with multiple variations in it etc. Geez, the search for special rewards and minigames were already enough for me.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The truth is that we are thinking too much about everything and although it is entertaining, all these discussions do not make any sense because we really do not know ANYTHING about what is going to happen. xD

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If Lynette truly died giving birth, that would have been the right age for Jill to be 3. She is a third year student, thus 21 years old give or take. If she is slightly older or younger makes little difference. If that is true, one possibility we have now been given is that there are 6 diaries that Lynette had before the one that the MC just got. Jill could have read those and with her romantic brain lived out an entire life with her dead sister, and read about what her sister did with her before she died. Likely??? Who knows, but again, possible.
And just to be clear, DPC saying no incest does not preclude Jill as the aunt. We all Assume that we will get to close the deal with her. What if we don't get to? Then the no incest still holds.... just saying.
Some things to debunk the whole Jill is Lynette's sister theories:
  • Jill wouldn't have been 3, she would have been 2 when Lynette died (Jill is a 3rd year while MC is a 1st year student - only 2 years apart unless Jill took some time off from her studies for community work and campaigning against the injustices in the world)
  • Lynette would have had to be pregnant with MC for ~9 months. Likely she was with Neil at the time, not hanging out with Jill. That means Jill's contact with her sister was somewhat severed at age 1 and 3 months (of course Jill and MC could be born at apposite times of the year adding an almost 12 months to the age difference). It's suddenly less likely that Jill has any memories at all of her sister, and if that's a photo of Jill on her sister's shoulders, she's quite the healthy bouncing baby/toddler...
  • In MC's mom's diary, she complains about staying in hotels with her dad, she talks about running away to stay with a friend (now the friend could definitely be associated with Jill or Bella but less dramatic in this sense), but there's never any mention of leaving her sister behind, or even having a sister. Living in a hotel doesn't sound like the life of a Burke either.
  • On the last date with MC, Jill states she grew up in the Burke estate on the hill. That feels like a far cry from the life Lynette was discussing in her diaries.
  • MC's dad mentioned he worked for Lynette's father (before they got hitched) on construction sites.
  • The opening scenes of the college grounds with Cathy giving the tour detail that "Professors Castor Burgmeister and Sigmond Royce founded this college in 1921". Once again, this lineage of money doesn't ring true with the lifestyle that MC's mom's diary alludes to.
I'm not saying any of these other crackpot theories are far fetched and not grounded in any clear observations... actually I am.

Reactions: A.aron and Gladheim

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
In terms of the story being progressed I heard that there will be at least 12 episodes. If that is the case then it obviously makes sense that this chapter is amongst the climax and that conflicts are being created that will be resolved towards the ending of the series or throughout the climax. I do not understand why you guys just want a happy-go-lucky game with no conflicts where you just bang everyone you meet. There are plenty of games for that but this is not it.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm OK with this not being a happy-go-lucky game with no drama because some of the drama has been very interesting and has been the most engaging part. My issue is more that there is a lot going on and many of these plotlines are either not getting much chance to breathe or are feeling quite rushed, and also that it feels as though a lot of decisions and choices aren't being reflected properly in the content we receive on certain paths because the reasons why they're blocked don't seem very consistent with these decisions.

For me, it's not about simply wanting to bang everyone, but that some things are being blocked on certain paths that don't feel like they should be blocked.

The truth is that we are thinking too much about everything and although it is entertaining, all these discussions do not make any sense because we really do not know ANYTHING about what is going to happen. xD
Yes, at the end of the day we just have to hope that things will work out one way or the other, but it doesn't mean there aren't aspects of the game as it is now that don't feel right, and not just in terms of the story, and even though will never see these comments or even care if they did, sometimes it just needs to be vented.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
In terms of the story being progressed I heard that there will be at least 12 episodes. If that is the case then it obviously makes sense that this chapter is amongst the climax and that conflicts are being created that will be resolved towards the ending of the series or throughout the climax. I do not understand why you guys just want a happy-go-lucky game with no conflicts where you just bang everyone you meet. There are plenty of games for that but this is not it.
Yeah, 3 seasons, and if each season has 4 episodes that will be the total. The problem with filler in a VN like BaDIK for me personally, is that the development time is stretched as it is. The renders take a good amount of time to make, not counting the time you are frying your computer. Since it was 5 months and a ton of work to produce an anticlimactic episode, it will be another 5-6 months before we get back to actually Being a DIK.

I agree a break in action is not a bad thing by itself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Insulting undertones? It wasn't even bold or colored! Just a reminder where and who we are on F95.

And by the way, there's no proof of legit customers on these forums AFAIK
I am wounded you would doubt that I have purchased the game. Besides the fact we are on a pirate board, my moral fiber is outstanding,,, ok I am a perv but other than that, my moral fiber is pretty good,,, ok I like some twisted kinks, but other than that my moral fiber is above average,,,Really twisted kinks, ok so my moral fiber ain't great, but I did buy the game on steam and was banned from DPC's forum there as well as from his Patreon page.
I would not feel so.... impassioned about my opinions if I had not paid money for the game. If I like a game from here, I tend to try and support it financially.

• Haha
Reactions: dosenspezi

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Can't tell that ep6 measured up to all my hopes after 5 months of hanging on, but this is nothing new to me when expectations are running high. I got to deal with how it is now without being disrespectful or abusive towards the creator.

So sorry, no sorry! I can't stand such behaviour, nowhere.
Fair enough!

Reactions: dosenspezi

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
Thinking about the amount of plot threads we keep getting hit with the idea that the routes are getting narrowed doesn't necessarily bother me.

as in theory allow some of the dramatic plots to be route specific although that leaves me with two probable concerns.

1. the drama doesn't stay in with the character's your locked out of.

or

2. it leads to paths being ignored for an update or two

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
This game continues on this weird trajectory for me where I think there are a lot of good elements in it, but the whole is far less than the sum of its parts for me. There's this thing that when you read popular book series, often you can tell at what point the author felt they were doing so well that they could start ignoring editor input and with this episode it really felt the game has reached that point. Not only did it feel overall really disjointed and just jumping between plots, there were a lot of odd choices I think could have been easily addressed or at least improved on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anthony11553

Feb 9, 2020
How do people want a happy go lucky game? most i've seen is wanting more stuff to happen and not having the same ending as Acting lessons (which i don't see the problem with players not wanting the same endings to 2 games a devolper created?)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes