sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
that the HOTs went to the PREPs because Sage decided it, badly advised by Quinn, it's a fact, not an opinion

what Riona hides are the real reasons why Quinn pushed for this choice
this was also explicitly reaffirmed to the MC by sage when she teaches him that the DIKs are an exception for leeching off rusty's dad money

as for riona, she's clearly involved in quinn's business but she's not happy about the situation and constantly tries to convince her to change her current plans
overall she's always shown as a good girl whenever she talks to the MC

terrashock

Jul 3, 2017
If you want to enjoy this game in the best quality, then bite the bullet and get the full, 11GB uncompressed version.
I would, if my internet didn’t take 10 years to download 5GB. Compressed version is surprisingly good quality though. Space isn’t an issue it’s just the time it takes to download because not all of us can have a good internet connection, unfortunately.

Reactions: johndoe19

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
I would, if my internet didn’t take 10 years to download 5GB. Compressed version is surprisingly good quality though. Space isn’t an issue it’s just the time it takes to download because not all of us can have a good internet connection, unfortunately.
Download the compressed version. You' won't see noticeable differences

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
As far as I know, just one guy, unless DPC hired some people and didn't tell us.
If I remember correctly there was an old poll asking if his patrons would like 2D images of the girls. And these ones would be outsourced to an artist thanks to the extra funds. Indeed Being a DIK is just full time DPC. Helped by some community Beta Tester / Proofreading and a 2D Artist for minor bonus content (probably as a one-time job, we gonna start seeing them in the next episode, Jacob arts).

EDIT: Found it: Survey: 2D art rewards (Feb 17, 2020)

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nobody knows for sure, we're all just guessing.

Even though we may not know when the next update will drop, I think we can safely say it will not be this far into the year.
Based on DPC's 30-50% complete estimate last week, Episode 7 could release sometime from the start of March to the end of May. That's a pretty wide target, but it's what we have at the moment.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The HOT's changing their plans wasn't a betrayal of the DIK's, they still had time to hire the Pink Rose girls. Not telling the DIK's that they wouldn't be at the evaluation party was the betrayal, and that was on Quinn. The rest of the HOT's were upset about the shitty party and the relationship with the DIK's. Riona telling everyone that it was all Sage's doing is an attempt to undermine her with the sister's and cover Quinn's ass. The rest of your reasoning is as I said before bullshit.
At the risk of talking to a brick wall, you're projecting your opinion of Riona onto her actions. Riona does state that going to the prep party was Sage's idea, but she only says that after Heather won't drop the subject and Riona specifically criticizes Heather when she goes on to second guess Sage's decision afterwards.

Given that Heather is apparently not in Quinn's inner circle, Riona really has only two options here: reveal Quinn's secrets, or deflect them somehow. She chooses the latter, but it's pretty clear to me she doesn't like hanging it all on Sage and tries to mitigate those implications as much as she can without spilling the secrets.

Riona sees Sage as acceptable collateral damage, but that's very different than deliberately undermining her.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
At the risk of talking to a brick wall, you're projecting your opinion of Riona onto her actions. Riona does state that going to the prep party was Sage's idea, but she only says that after Heather won't drop the subject and Riona specifically criticizes Heather when she goes on to second guess Sage's decision afterwards.

Given that Heather is apparently not in Quinn's inner circle, Riona really has only two options here: reveal Quinn's secrets, or deflect them somehow. She chooses the latter, but it's pretty clear to me she doesn't like hanging it all on Sage and tries to mitigate those implications as much as she can without spilling the secrets.

Riona sees Sage as acceptable collateral damage, but that's very different than deliberately undermining her.
I think that sounds more like you projecting your opinion onto Riona. Riona knows that Quinn proposed to 'use Sage" to get close to the Preps so that she could find more customers. Riona then lies to Heather, telling her that going to the Prep party was Sage's idea, when she knows for a fact that it was Quinn's scheme. Nothing justifies that lie, not her desperation for money, not defending Quinn, she could have just remained silent.

What I don't get is how you can infer any affection or loyalty to Sage from Riona's actions. Her lies clearly put Sage in a bad light, when in fact all that Sage did was to cancel a social engagement with the DIK's. A social engagement, not a paid commitment to act as hostesses at the Dik party, as is clearly demonstrated in the DIK's post Prep party conversation.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think that sounds more like you projecting your opinion onto Riona. Riona knows that Quinn proposed to 'use Sage" to get close to the Preps so that she could find more customers. Riona then lies to Heather, telling her that going to the Prep party was Sage's idea, when she knows for a fact that it was Quinn's scheme. Nothing justifies that lie, not her desperation for money, not defending Quinn, she could have just remained silent.

What I don't get is how you can infer any affection or loyalty to Sage from Riona's actions. Her lies clearly put Sage in a bad light, when in fact all that Sage did was to cancel a social engagement with the DIK's. A social engagement, not a paid commitment to act as hostesses at the Dik party, as is clearly demonstrated in the DIK's post Prep party conversation.
Quinn planned to (and subsequently did) "use" Sage, she didn't propose undermining, sacrificing, or betraying Sage. So I'm not sure how that's relevant. Sage was used as cover for Quinn's activities, which is entirely consistent with viewing her as acceptable collateral damage.

But Riona also says "We...shouldn't talk like that" when Heather openly questions Sage's judgement. She immediately blames Quinn for ditching the DIKs as soon as the MC agrees to keep it a secret. And in Episode 6 she asks the MC to take care of Sage. Those are also consistent with viewing Sage as an acceptable casualty, but not with deliberately undermining her.

Also, Riona did keep quiet the first two times Heather asked about why the HOTs needed to be at the prep's crappy party. Riona only mentioned Sage when Heather kept challenging the logic. The goal was clearly to discourage Heather's line of inquiry by appealing to Sage's authority, not to make Heatehr question even harder.

Even the lie is pretty minor: it wasn't Sage's idea, but it was still her call to arrange the party. All the financial mumbo-jumbo Riona parroted was the reason Sage did it. Since Heather is part of Quinn's lifestyle, it's odd that Heather doesn't already know that. But that is clearly because Quinn is keeping Heather in the dark, this isn't some separate gambit by Riona to undermine Sage on her own.

So I'm not sure why you seem convinced Riona must be trying to do so. Is there anything you can point to that is consistent with trying to undermine Sage but inconsistent with using Sage as a shield for Quinn's activity?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Quinn planned to (and subsequently did) "use" Sage, she didn't propose undermining, sacrificing, or betraying Sage. So I'm not sure how that's relevant. Sage was used as cover for Quinn's activities, which is entirely consistent with viewing her as acceptable collateral damage.

But Riona also says "We...shouldn't talk like that" when Heather openly questions Sage's judgement. She immediately blames Quinn for ditching the DIKs as soon as the MC agrees to keep it a secret. And in Episode 6 she asks the MC to take care of Sage. Those are also consistent with viewing Sage as an acceptable casualty, but not with deliberately undermining her.

Also, Riona did keep quiet the first two times Heather asked about why the HOTs needed to be at the prep's crappy party. Riona only mentioned Sage when Heather kept challenging the logic. The goal was clearly to discourage Heather's line of inquiry by appealing to Sage's authority, not to make Heatehr question even harder.

Even the lie is pretty minor: it wasn't Sage's idea, but it was still her call to arrange the party. All the financial mumbo-jumbo Riona parroted was the reason Sage did it. Since Heather is part of Quinn's lifestyle, it's odd that Heather doesn't already know that. But that is clearly because Quinn is keeping Heather in the dark, this isn't some separate gambit by Riona to undermine Sage on her own.

So I'm not sure why you seem convinced Riona must be trying to do so. Is there anything you can point to that is consistent with trying to undermine Sage but inconsistent with using Sage as a shield for Quinn's activity?
You seem to think that using someone, without their knowledge or against their will, is acceptable. Let's start there. Is it ok for Quinn and Riona to use Sage? I say no. It's never acceptable to use someone like an object just to satisfy your goals. In the past you've argued for Maya, Josy and now Quinn and Riona to use someone so do you think that that is acceptable?

In this way I hope to break down this argument, and the problem I have with the points that you are arguing on this forum, we can argue the other points later.

So what is it? Yes or no, is it OK for Riona and Quinn to use Sage like this?

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Lol Quinn literally tells Riona "We use Sage". I'm not sure if you've noticed but one of the main plot points on the HOT's side has been Quinn undermining Sage's authority as President by doing all that shady/illegal things right under her nose. Heather blaming Sage for the disastrous party at the Preps place is exactly what Quinn meant by "use". Sage gets the blame even though Quinn is the one who convinced Sage to go along with it in the first place, though only due to necessity.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You seem to think that using someone, without their knowledge or against their will, is acceptable. Let's start there. Is it ok for Quinn and Riona to use Sage? I say no. It's never acceptable to use someone like an object just to satisfy your goals. In the past you've argued for Maya, Josy and now Quinn and Riona to use someone so do you think that that is acceptable?

In this way I hope to break down this argument, and the problem I have with the points that you are arguing on this forum, we can argue the other points later.

So what is it? Yes or no, is it OK for Riona and Quinn to use Sage like this?
Hang on, who said anything about this being "acceptable?"

You've been saying Riona is trying to undermine Sage. I was saying she's using Sage as cover and thus considers her expendable if necessary. Neither stance has any bearing on whether or not her behavior is proper; it's obviously not. The question was about why she was behaving that way and what she hoped to accomplish.

I think it's bad to mislead a friend (or at least someone who considers you a friend) to get some personal benefit that you conceal from said friend. It's one of the many things I dislike about Quinn, and one of the smaller lists of things I dislike about Riona. But I also consider it a trivial offense in comparison to the whole 'pimp and and drug dealer' thing, so I don't see why it matters much either way.

Lol Quinn literally tells Riona "We use Sage". I'm not sure if you've noticed but one of the main plot points on the HOT's side has been Quinn undermining Sage's authority as President by doing all that shady/illegal things right under her nose. Heather blaming Sage for the disastrous party at the Preps place is exactly what Quinn meant by "use". Sage gets the blame even though Quinn is the one who convinced Sage to go along with it in the first place, though only due to necessity.
No. Quinn meant she would use Sage's connections to set up a party with the rich preps, giving Quinn access to a new market that would solve her financial woes. It failed because Quinn is a terrible criminal, but that was the goal.

Undermining Sage is a side effect of Quinn's scheme, not the goal. It's actually a bad thing for Quinn because it will eventually mean Sage is no longer there to use as a figurehead and people will pay more attention to Quinn's shady deals. But again, Quinn is really bad at her job, so she doesn't realize how difficult she's made things for Sage. Not that it would have stopped her if she had, because Quinn is an asshole.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes