BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
" because Quinn is an asshole. "

for pretty understandable reasons. She doesnt trust any human. Probably trusts Riona the most of any living person, and she keeps her at arms length and on a leash. Quinn is the loneliest person in the game, but she has the most practice "pretending", so she hides it better than anyone. Thus all the person on the outside see's is "asshole". A calculated decision to reduce the number of variables in her life that she has to guard herself from. She pushes everything away so if it starts to look like a tumor she can just cut it off.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
" because Quinn is an asshole. "

for pretty understandable reasons. She doesnt trust any human. Probably trusts Riona the most of any living person, and she keeps her at arms length and on a leash. Quinn is the loneliest person in the game, but she has the most practice "pretending", so she hides it better than anyone. Thus all the person on the outside see's is "asshole". A calculated decision to reduce the number of variables in her life that she has to guard herself from. She pushes everything away so if it starts to look like a tumor she can just cut it off.
I agree, I think she isn't excused by any means, but she has reasons that I at the very least find valid. I actually disliked her as a character at the beginning of BaDIK. But the later episodes have made her one of my favorite characters in the game. I'm actually sad she isn't a LI.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Hang on, who said anything about this being "acceptable?"

You've been saying Riona is trying to undermine Sage. I was saying she's using Sage as cover and thus considers her expendable if necessary. Neither stance has any bearing on whether or not her behavior is proper; it's obviously not. The question was about why she was behaving that way and what she hoped to accomplish.

I think it's bad to mislead a friend (or at least someone who considers you a friend) to get some personal benefit that you conceal from said friend. It's one of the many things I dislike about Quinn, and one of the smaller lists of things I dislike about Riona. But I also consider it a trivial offense in comparison to the whole 'pimp and and drug dealer' thing, so I don't see why it matters much either way.

No. Quinn meant she would use Sage's connections to set up a party with the rich preps, giving Quinn access to a new market that would solve her financial woes. It failed because Quinn is a terrible criminal, but that was the goal.

Undermining Sage is a side effect of Quinn's scheme, not the goal. It's actually a bad thing for Quinn because it will eventually mean Sage is no longer there to use as a figurehead and people will pay more attention to Quinn's shady deals. But again, Quinn is really bad at her job, so she doesn't realize how difficult she's made things for Sage. Not that it would have stopped her if she had, because Quinn is an asshole.
No, this topic started when I commented on someone's post that Riona had asked the MC to take care of Sage when she was sick, and that I found it odd that she would because Riona had never shown any concern or loyalty for Sage.

Riona isn't "trying" to undermine Sage, going around and telling lies behind her back IS undermining Sage. Riona isn't a complete fool, she knows what the fallout from dropping that bomb will be.

Quinn recognizes from the start that the DIK's won't like it when she implements her scheme, (it's right there in the dialogue) so it's no side effect. She knows what's going to happen and even exacerbates the situation by failing to warn Tommy and Rusty that the HOT's are cancelling.

And I don't consider it trivial at all. Quinn and Riona are poisoning everyone they come in contact with, just to cover their dirty scheme's. And that poison is having a ripple effect on the lives of everyone they touch.

• Angry
Reactions: yow111 and Darg

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

WARNING!
If you haven't played episode 6, there may be minor spoilers for you in this post.
This post contains minor spoilers for an updated feature in episode 7, but it's nothing that's story related.
Read at your own discretion.

This week's status update is a bit different than usual.

I wanted to present parts of an updated/new feature that will appear, starting episode 7.

Many of you have guessed it already, and for others, it might come as a minor surprise.

I have worked hard on updating the in-game phone to accommodate the future needs of the game.

The phone is updated starting episode 7, so it's not a retroactive change. The MC just got a new phone, and it's going to be an improved version of the old variant.

So, what I've done is a rewrite of the phone code. I've left functionality that works well, added new functionality that's needed, updated the GUIs, and more.

I could probably talk about the phone features for hours, but I have to limit myself and let you discover most on your own.

So, I'm not going to go overtly into details, as it's also a work in progress feature, but I will show you a few of the implemented features and my thoughts for them below.

The main GUI is completely new, but it should still feel familiar.

Note that the phone in the picture is from a playthrough without mini-games.

During free-roam events, there's a music bar displaying the name of the song that's currently playing. You can toggle this bar on or off if you'd rather see more of the wallpaper behind it.

In this picture you can see three new apps, and also notice the absence of some. Some apps may have been removed, some apps may have been merged.

The two new apps in this picture are 2D art and Pack Quest. You've come into contact with both of them in episode 6.

They will be handled directly from your phone starting episode 7.

With the exception of a few apps, most apps have been (or will be) revamped.

Two apps I'm particularly excited about are the Music and Bios apps.

In the Music app, you can now filter songs by genre, and I have included a genre for licensed music that many of you wanted to be able to play.

You can also set songs as favorites and have a playlist with just your favorite tunes.

This means that you can choose to have a customized playlist that you can play during free roam events.

I can't show you too much of the Bios app, but it's going to be a tilted version of the phone where each character will have their own screen with past choices and events.

Without getting into detail, a subset of other features that you can expect from the new phone are:

• Customizable/favorite/randomized wallpaper functionality.
  • Simple emoticons in text messages.
  • Animated transitions and screens.
The phone feels very modern and it's an enjoyable experience using it.

I hope that you will come to love it as much as I already do.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019

WARNING!
If you haven't played episode 6, there may be minor spoilers for you in this post.
This post contains minor spoilers for an updated feature in episode 7, but it's nothing that's story related.

I wanted to present parts of an updated/new feature that will appear, starting episode 7.

Many of you have guessed it already, and for others, it might come as a minor surprise.

I have worked hard on updating the in-game phone to accommodate the future needs of the game.

The phone is updated starting episode 7, so it's not a retroactive change. The MC just got a new phone, and it's going to be an improved version of the old variant.

So, what I've done is a rewrite of the phone code. I've left functionality that works well, added new functionality that's needed, updated the GUIs, and more.

I could probably talk about the phone features for hours, but I have to limit myself and let you discover most on your own.

So, I'm not going to go overtly into details, as it's also a work in progress feature, but I will show you a few of the implemented features and my thoughts for them below.

During free-roam events, there's a music bar displaying the name of the song that's currently playing. You can toggle this bar on or off if you'd rather see more of the wallpaper behind it.

In this picture you can see three new apps, and also notice the absence of some. Some apps may have been removed, some apps may have been merged.

The two new apps in this picture are 2D art and Pack Quest. You've come into contact with both of them in episode 6.

In the Music app, you can now filter songs by genre, and I have included a genre for licensed music that many of you wanted to be able to play.

You can also set songs as favorites and have a playlist with just your favorite tunes.

This means that you can choose to have a customized playlist that you can play during free roam events.

I can't show you too much of the Bios app, but it's going to be a tilted version of the phone where each character will have their own screen with past choices and events.

Without getting into detail, a subset of other features that you can expect from the new phone are:

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
no one:
literally no one:
DPC: here, have a new phone.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

WARNING!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
damn where's my Swyper? I want to send more dickpics to Arieth

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

WARNING!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
uninteresting announcement for me.

Swyper is dead, so I guess it's goodbye to the girls we haven't met yet, some of you had foreseen it.

the music improvements do not convince me, I want to hear the song scheduled for that moment, not my favorite, at that point I disconnect the audio and listen directly to my real playlist

damn where's my Swyper? I want to send more dickpics to Arieth

I didn't think you were shy ...

I think Arieth likes 3D much more than 2D

Last edited:

Mike Pic

Jan 4, 2021
super jeu !!! dommage qu'il ne soit pas en français car du coup je passais tous les dialogues... et dommage également qu'il n'y ai pas de son durant les scènes hot

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Reactions: BenMeiffert

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

WARNING!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Even the MC has a better cell phone than me :KEK:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
uninteresting announcement for me.

Swyper is dead, so I guess it's goodbye to the girls we haven't met yet, some of you had foreseen it.

the music improvements do not convince me, I want to hear the song scheduled for that moment, not my favorite, at that point I disconnect the audio and listen directly to my real playlist

I didn't think you were shy ...

I think Arieth likes 3D much more than 2D
Freeroam's music was always random and changed abruptly whenever you opened/closed phone apps or tried to rollback, so being able to choose what songs do you want to hear is actually an improvement

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Even the MC has a better cell phone than me :KEK:
if you only envy him that I would say it went well for you:D
Freeroam's music was always random and changed abruptly whenever you opened/closed phone apps or tried to rollback, so being able to choose what songs do you want to hear is actually an improvement
you're right, I hadn't thought about it, it's still a minor improvement

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
I agree, I think she isn't excused by any means, but she has reasons that I at the very least find valid. I actually disliked her as a character at the beginning of BaDIK. But the later episodes have made her one of my favorite characters in the game. I'm actually sad she isn't a LI.
she still doesn't appear at the end of chapters , but she's with the other LI in the official walkthrough and in other stuff by DPC

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

WARNING!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
I applaud the effort, I really do, but I question whether features like this are really more important uses of time than the actual story of the game and all the various paths.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
super jeu !!! dommage qu'il ne soit pas en français car du coup je passais tous les dialogues... et dommage également qu'il n'y ai pas de son durant les scènes hot
Zapper tous les dialogues mais quelle infamie ! :KEK: Dans ce cas, tu seras heureux d'apprendre qu'il existe une version traduite disponible sur le site :

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-dr-pinkcake-french-translation.55560/
Et la traduction incluant l'épisode 6 devrait sortir incessamment, dès que notre intégrateur aura fini de se rouler les pouces.

And the translation including Episode 6 should come out shortly, as soon as our integrator has stopped slacking.

:LOL:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
To say that her reason's are valid seem's to me an endorsement of her actions, which is totally unacceptable.

Lj625

Aug 22, 2020
I applaud the effort, I really do, but I question whether features like this are really more important uses of time than the actual story of the game and all the various paths.
ye. i'm just hoping dpc won't spend too much time on the new phone in ep7, like he spend way too much effort on D&D in ep6 and we basically learnt nothing story wise

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

WARNING!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Well, no point in breaking out the charts this week; no updates, so I assume we're still in the March-May 2021 release zone.

The new phone sounds... like it's there. Having the name of the current song available is definitely nice. Having options to control the song in freeroams is welcome, but not something I ever felt we needed before.

The new profiles seem... like they're just going to be an extra click to access the same sort of information. I guess flagging new information is good, but honestly how often have you looked at the profile and wondered if the info was new? I just played through the events, I remember which ones just happened!

As others have guessed, it looks like Swyper didn't make the transition. On the one hand, I'm fine with that; I think Swyper was mostly played out. On the other hand though, I sincerely hope this means the MC is starting to take his relationship(s) with the LIs more seriously and not just an excuse to skip adding content for it. If the MC is still chasing after every girl in sight it will be odd that he ditched Swyper right after proving it can indeed get him laid.

Since DPC specified the phone is from a non-mini-game run, it seems likely the fighting and puzzle apps will also change. Not much to say there until we learn more.

I do wonder if the DIK laptop will have any purpose now that the render Packs have a phone app. The game talks the MC's access to the laptop up enough that it feels like it should matter, but at this point it doesn't do much.

Overall, I agree that this is DPC spending time on trivial changes that would be better spent advancing the story or just adding more content with the main characters. But it's his game so we're stuck with this sort of thing. Let's hope the phone upgrade didn't take long.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
To say that her reason's are valid seem's to me an endorsement of her actions, which is totally unacceptable.
But is her goal to undermine Sage's power? I don't think so, it's just a consequence which might or might not be intended from the start. Her main goal is to cover up Quinn, that's obvious. Does she have any other option available to do so without making Sage get all the blame? As ename said, at first she tries to evade the question, then when Heather insists she deflects everything to Sage. If she doesn't want to blow up Quinn's machinations but still feels pressured to give an answer because Heather keeps asking, the easiest way out is to say it was all Sage's idea (which HOT's like Heather, who are not part of the prostitution ring, could easily believe because is not entirely a lie, as she has the power to do so and it was indeed Sage who negotiated with the preps due to her role as sorority's president).

So Riona achieves her goal to let Quinn go unharmed on Heather's eyes, but she damages Sage in the way. You can call it a collateral effect. Is it a bad, mean, dishonest move? Of course. We're just trying to understand her actions and motivations, not saying they are OK and acceptable.

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
Did you disregard the beginning of what I said where i stated that her actions are not excused? I don't really care what it seems to you when I am literally telling you what I mean. To further explain what I meant by valid reasons, I will give you an example. Say a man or woman is in a relationship and they are abusive, no reasoning can justify the action itself and of course it's wrong. However, they could have a legitimate reason for being that way, maybe they themselves were abused in a past relationship or when growing up. I will reiterate, that does not excuse them from being abusive by any means. It does however give a person more insight into why they do the things they do, and then hopefully proceed to improve upon themselves. So in regards to Quinn, yes some of her actions are inexcusable, however I would say that going off her being young and having the upbringing that she has had, nothing that she has done is irredeemable by any means. Especially because we're seeing her being influenced by the mc and changing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes