Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Maya could demand money from MC, because he has stolen from her wardrobe several times. And used it to pay for Quinn's restaurant.
Yeah but this isnt noted in the official walkthrough as having a possible negative outcome later on but it would be funny if that came to fruition

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Can we talk about Maya low-key slut shaming Josy in this exchange?
I didn't see that as "slut shaming", more just an interesting acknowledgement from Maya because it would seem she's well aware that she (Josy) has been with a guy before.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
You don't think Maya's dad is powerful enough to get her flunked out? Doesn't seem that hard to get done considering Burke is deleting scholarships.
We know nothing about her dad other than he doesn't like his daughter being a lesbian.

But I highly doubt he's a powerful man from a prominent family.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Can we talk about Maya low-key slut shaming Josy in this exchange?
For a person who hates being judged, Maya is actually a very judgemental person. Heck, even a DIK affinity MC is judged to be "unworthy" of her...not that this stops her from still wanting him to help out when she needs it tho. :rolleyes:

During the initial tour, (without any prior knowledge of them, let alone Quinn's activities) she just outright calls the HOTs "a bunch of sluts" but wants to join them anyway for the $. Kind of like the woman who disdains a "neighborhood" but will walk through it holding her nose all the way because the welfare office is on the other side and she wants the check.

Everytime she is with them, the disdain shows. I mean look at that sour puss face. :LOL:
Disdain.png
From the HOTs' perspective, she must be completely insufferable. (Of the pair, Josy is light years better).

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The money in this game has nothing to do with real money, those 5k can be perfectly 200k irl
DPC mentioned in the last Q&A that:

"...there are three different ways to refer to the game's currency (pocket money, mansion money, and real USD)."

This 5k isn't pocket money or mansion money, so it really is the equivalent of USD$5,000.

Even with how messed up the monetary value system is in this game, I'd still find it hard to imagine that $5K is enough for 4 full years of college.
One year at a shitty college is all it could achieve, and given the calibur of the students there, it looks to be a pretty shitty college...

Regarding of the MC 's money , I see this is a very popular subject again:
Everyone, as expected has their own desire what to do with it. The 2 most popular obviously, Quinn or Maya, and while your personal preference affect your judgment of the subject, neither of them would make sense at all, for the Story.
and of course there is the repair the Mansion , which also goes directly against the purpose of what the MC try to teach to his Brothers. "Hey remember when I told you to not be dependent on our parents, well I just got Money, so all our problem are fixed now" - BullShit :ROFLMAO:
Having a deus ex machina for the problems is cheap. One of the reason for I never wanted the MC to be rich anyway.
I think the best way to use the money, for the plot, for the Story, is not be able to use it at all. I think it's gonna be STOLEN. (- May be with the Diary Too.- ) That would be the best outcome for everyone. Having the money stolen, and who stole it, could cause lots of good story, heartbreak, and etc, rather than just than simply just be able to fixing your preferred women's problem, by a Thanos Snap.
And it would require way less work, and less disappointment. Well, depending on who stole it of course , it could be Quiin, it could be Maya, or Josy Tommy, etc etc.
I think deep down this is the most logical scenario, the one that has the most sense.
:cool:
Except it's not a deux ex machina. This 5K's been in the game for a while (and hasn't been used yet); we always knew the MC's mom came from a wealthy family. It seemed pretty obvious the letter his dad was holding for him at the end of ep5 was gonna be an inheritance. Turned out to be a pretty lame one considering the circumstances. But it definitely won't completely solve Maya's dramas, it'd just be a stop gap to get her through one more semester or something like that.

Have the diary stolen would just be a repeat of the guitar being stolen, and at this point in the game, if it was any of the college students, the mc would just storm in there an beat the fuck out of them and take it back.

But a horrible twist that would piss me off is if the MC was reading something very sensitive to the story, but before the big reveal he has to rush off to help some other lamer who can't solve their own shit, and then someone steals the book. Maybe the book is going to reveal that Jill and the MC actually are related and Tybalt gets his hands on it, or even more demented, Jill does, but she wants to hide the truth fro the MC (not very likely, but just spitballing here)... :unsure:

Guys... It's just 5k.

I never understand these discussions. This won't pay Maya tuition, probably a semester or maybe a year if B&R is on the cheap side. But it's just a bandaid to her problem. It's the same with Quinn, it will help her for a month, tops, but then what? The girl is fucking up her own criminal enterprise, helping her once isn't gonna prevent her from jail or a bullet in some months time.

Maya's and Quinn's problems are too big to deal with when you have just 5k.

If it's out of our hands, i hope MC uses it to fix his dad's house, or as a cushion if we fuck up the mansion minigame.

If it's a choice, make it one that makes sense, because those two won't, at most you would be buying some time for problems that you can't solve with this amount.
Definitely all these suggestions are bandaids, but the cash has to have some significance, otherwise why introduce it into the game. The mc has already given cash to Riona to help with the HOTs predicament (predominantly Quinns) and also offered it to Quinn directly.

Just because it won't resolve things permanently, doesn't mean it won't buy time while a better outcome is determined. In the MC's chat with Maya when they're discussing what they'd do if they were rich, the mc made it pretty clear he'd use money to help others, as has been his MO all along.

Most gorgeous "raccoon" I've ever seen in these type of games.
I find it find it funny that Jill looks better when she's trying to look silly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd kick her out of bed, at least not until I'd nutted on her face... :sneaky:

but Mc's $5,000 could be the penny that Maya needs to make a dollar, it could help her reach the amount she needs.

But again, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Maya's father's appears to be a bluff like Tybalt's blackmail (he holds back money he can't spend and if he doesn't pay it back he'll have to pay it back first), so I don't think it will come to that, somehow there will be a reconciliation.
I hope there's a reconciliation in the wind for Maya. But there are always other avenues to solve these things:
IRL the drug business isn't that great. There was a book from a few years ago (Freakanomics? Not sure if that was the title) that pointed out that the lower levels of the drug trade were the equivalent of a minimum wage job. It's not until they reach many levels above where Quinn is that the kind of money that people assume drug dealers make is actually realized.
I get the impression the drug dealing that Quinn does (and maybe even the prostitution ring) is just to pay for her own drug habit. I don't think she really needs to make all that much, but she's been fucking things up lately. The HOTs already pay for their own expenses through various legitimate work they do.

as for the 5k i would invest it and wait 21 years so it becomes 40k! that would mean the MC could use it as a down payment for his house! of course if it was me at that age it would become an Harley Davidson even if it was an old beaten up one but it would be a motorcycle for sure!
So he'll be living in the basement until he's 40? I hear that's becoming more common these days... :rolleyes:

I dont know about u guys but im spending all of my money on a new guitar so i can give it to Sage :)
I was thinking about the MC having to buy a new guitar if his got broken (luckily he hadn't moved into the mansion yet when it was trashed otherwise his guitar would be in splinters), but given he doesn't have too many desires, I think it's a cool idea that he buys Sage a guitar (for her birthday or something). Not a 5k guitar though, she'd feel pretty fucking awkward accepting such an expensive gift).

Either DPC doesn't understand finance or he is writing Maya to be incredibly dense.

1. Maya has a student loan. All her dad co-signing the loan does is make him jointly on the hook for it if Maya defaults - he does NOT have access to the bank's money nor any ability to deny it from Maya's tuition.

2. Banks aren't stupid, they pay the tuition fee directly to the course provider (plus a small stipend for living and textbooks to the student if it's in the terms). They NEVER give it to the student in a lump (to blow it all on beer and raves or smthg) or to the parent.

3. These loans are always good until the Graduation. As long as Maya remains a student in good standing, they will keep paying it each term and Maya doesn't need to pay anything (not even interest) back until she graduates or flunks out. They will not just stop after a term or two because (a) It would be a massive PR nightmare if students drop out like flies because of them, and (b) It will just become a bad debt anyway. You can't pay them back by flipping burgers, it needs college degree level wages to pay for these loans.

Maya is actually fine, dad is totally BSing - unless he owns the bank, he actually can't tell the lender shit. The only thing she needs to do is get a part-time job if the loan doesn't cover living expenses.

Since Maya doesn't understand any of this - (and trying to double dip with her HOT scheme is actually one of the very few things that could remove her good standing and get the loan cancelled) - this would be a better use of money then giving her 5K:
View attachment 1033602
Depends how big the loan is, it could have just been a cash loan, and not necessarily through a bank. The dad would have organised the loan, and he already had his "incentive plan" for his daughter in mind when they organised the loan, so he would have made sure the loan would meet his criteria for the manipulation.

Across the US, tuition and fees range from around 4k all the way up to around 65k a year. The game doesn't have to be perfectly true to life with regards to cost, but that's a pretty broad spectrum to play with.

I reckon there will be a big MC/Maya/Josy confrontation with the dad and he'll (the dad) break down and be sorry and vow to try to understand and stuff. That'd be nice, wouldn't it. :)

You don't think Maya's dad is powerful enough to get her flunked out? Doesn't seem that hard to get done considering Burke is deleting scholarships.
Remember, the dad isn't trying to destroy her life, he's trying to save her soul from eternal damnation (in his belief). He isn't the "bad" guy, he just thinks homosexuality is an abomination and he needs to fix his daughter. It's very unlikely he's going to have ties to rich criminals.

I know there's that whole "eye of the beholder" thing, but I can't stand Cathy. Character's personality is fine, but the model is (with the exception of her hair) pretty much entirely revolting to me. I saw a reference in the game to "clown lips" and I don't know if they meant her or not, but that's all I can see. A badly painted clown. That ain't sexy at all.
I don't care for Jill in general, but I'd take a swing at Jill long before Cathy. Hell, I'd consider Arieth before Cathy, and that's with all the information we've gleaned about her health.
I agree Cathy's botox lips are not a good look and that shot of her in the tub with her mouth slightly open is pure nightmare fuel. That said, I think she looks really good in today's render. I'm probably going to stay away from her for a while though. As I stated previously she has made the conversion to the dark side and I don't want any part of her fem dom, man-hating, dildo therapy. If I want the schlong I'll go with gentle Jill. She seems like the type to at least lube up her johnson first. :oops:
Cathy's got some awesome, realistic curves in these shots:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Tybalt isn't suing anybody, it's just empty threats to spice up the boring Jill path.

If something was to come from crashing the prep party, it would have already happened, there were a lot of serious people at that party, people who would destroy MC and Derek and their entire families. But I guess they all left before the sprinkler system went off.

Jade doesn't even make a comment about getting all wet in her dress.
It'd be redundant for Jade to comment about getting wet, the MC gets her wet every time they meet... :sneaky:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Cathy's got some awesome, realistic curves in these shots:
ya cathy is an interesting one. there are plenty of times in the game where i legitimately love the way she looks - great body (those legs in a set of heels, yes please) and as you pointed out - that shape in those painted-on jeans and heels, yum. then others her face / lips look terrible.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I wonder if the bartender might be Tania. In reality it''s not likely, but in this game, who knows...
I was wondering that, too. It seems implausible, but then again I really don't see the need to introduce yet another stripper in the game when poor Brandi is all but forgotten. At this rate, she might have to pay us to get a lewd scene! :confused:

Regarding of the MC 's money , I see this is a very popular subject again:
Everyone, as expected has their own desire what to do with it. The 2 most popular obviously, Quinn or Maya, and while your personal preference affect your judgment of the subject, neither of them would make sense at all, for the Story.
and of course there is the repair the Mansion , which also goes directly against the purpose of what the MC try to teach to his Brothers. "Hey remember when I told you to not be dependent on our parents, well I just got Money, so all our problem are fixed now" - BullShit :ROFLMAO:
Having a deus ex machina for the problems is cheap. One of the reason for I never wanted the MC to be rich anyway.
I think the best way to use the money, for the plot, for the Story, is not be able to use it at all. I think it's gonna be STOLEN. (- May be with the Diary Too.- ) That would be the best outcome for everyone. Having the money stolen, and who stole it, could cause lots of good story, heartbreak, and etc, rather than just than simply just be able to fixing your preferred women's problem, by a Thanos Snap.
And it would require way less work, and less disappointment. Well, depending on who stole it of course , it could be Quiin, it could be Maya, or Josy Tommy, etc etc.
I think deep down this is the most logical scenario, the one that has the most sense.
:cool:
I don't understand this line of thinking: giving the players a choice to use the money is cheap because it causes their actions to have an impact... but preemptively negating that choice is good because it forces things to happen automatically?

What am I missing? It's not like $5000 is enough to overcome every obstacle for the rest of the game, so as long as the player chooses when/how to use it it seems perfectly fair. As shazba said, it's likely the money won't even be a complete solution on it's own, just enough to avoid a crisis and deal with further problems later.

That would certainly be my preferred outcome with regard to Maya; the MC's money can be a down payment to stave off immediate ruin, then Maya can earn the rest of money she needs on her own. That seems more interesting than "Thank you MC, but your check is in another castle!"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I was wondering that, too. It seems implausible, but then again I really don't see the need to introduce yet another stripper in the game when poor Brandi is all but forgotten. At this rate, she might have to pay us to get a lewd scene! :confused:

I don't understand this line of thinking: giving the players a choice to use the money is cheap because it causes their actions to have an impact... but preemptively negating that choice is good because it forces things to happen automatically?

What am I missing? It's not like $5000 is enough to overcome every obstacle for the rest of the game, so as long as the player chooses when/how to use it it seems perfectly fair. As shazba said, it's likely the money won't even be a complete solution on it's own, just enough to avoid a crisis and deal with further problems later.

That would certainly be my preferred outcome with regard to Maya; the MC's money can be a down payment to stave off immediate ruin, then Maya can earn the rest of money she needs on her own. That seems more interesting than "Thank you MC, but your check is in another castle!"
if the 5k only serves to gain time but you take away all importance, it would be just like giving it to Quinn to pay his current debt.

they wouldn't actually have any impact, because the urgency is already decided by the game, so delaying or not is completely arbitrary (on DPC's part).

we don't know when Maya really needs that money, if now, in a month, in 3 months etc .

and it doesn't even make sense to me if the choice is just to give it to her or not, in this way it becomes a senseless fork in the road, if I can't decide what to do with that money I might as well give it to whoever asks for it anyway.

would carry less weight than the $10 on Mc's birthday.

Except it's not a deux ex machina. This 5K's been in the game for a while (and hasn't been used yet); we always knew the MC's mom came from a wealthy family. It seemed pretty obvious the letter his dad was holding for him at the end of ep5 was gonna be an inheritance. Turned out to be a pretty lame one considering the circumstances. But it definitely won't completely solve Maya's dramas, it'd just be a stop gap to get her through one more semester or something like that.

Have the diary stolen would just be a repeat of the guitar being stolen, and at this point in the game, if it was any of the college students, the mc would just storm in there an beat the fuck out of them and take it back.

But a horrible twist that would piss me off is if the MC was reading something very sensitive to the story, but before the big reveal he has to rush off to help some other lamer who can't solve their own shit, and then someone steals the book. Maybe the book is going to reveal that Jill and the MC actually are related and Tybalt gets his hands on it, or even more demented, Jill does, but she wants to hide the truth fro the MC (not very likely, but just spitballing here)... :unsure:
Whatever problem that money will solve, it will have the workings of a deus ex machina.

a solution that has fallen from the sky, without any merit on MC's part, which will fit perfectly into a problem that MC could not otherwise have solved.

not so significant when MC comes into possession of it

I hope too that the mother's diary has some development, otherwise it would remain a cheap sentimental corner, but other than to spite him, why would they steal a book from MC?

Last edited:

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
I wonder why Quinns even in college in the first place. When she was speaking with Riona in the garden (ep6) she said that with there grades they barely got in and i can't remember if its ever stated what Quinn or Riona are majoring in.
But its interesting to see the power dynamic between the two, especially with Riona telling Quinn that she'll quit and just finish school.
Boringly, I assumed that they got in to try and get out of the life they are in, and for a better future. But like what happens to a lot of people, they try to build their way out, but get sucked back in because they need to survive, need money, or are forced (or feel they are at least) by someone from their previous life to do some dodgy shit.

Reactions: Casmyr

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
I'm not so sure about Anthony. He plays it up as dumb but he always seems to be the Alpha that spots the obvious thing that the others are missing.
I always see Anthony as that good, but naive guy. Not so much dumb, but just takes what people tell him at face value instead of seeing some hidden meaning behind the words.

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes