Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
And we're back to square one because she can't give him permission to come and go at will into a building she doesn't own. The Preps pay for that house, not Jill. She can give him permission to come and go as her guest when she knows he is there. She can't give him permission to be there when he has no business being there, like to sneak around a party uninvited, stealing suits and causing property damage. You seriously want me to believe that's what she meant? I know it's a game but come on.
She can and she did give him permission. She is an "honored guest" which means she has clout and she used that to essentially give the MC permission to enter the Prep mansion as he pleases. Essentially, she's bestowing upon him special privileges and as an "honored guest" herself, her words carry great weight.

Even if his being allowed to be there is only if it concerns Jill, he could easily say that he was there on the grounds of the Prep mansion because he was looking for Jill to spend time with her. That falls perfectly within the purview of only ever being allowed in if it's to see Jill. How he entered the building, or if he even did, in this instance and what he may or may not have done cannot be adequately proven.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Again, it's like an apartment building. I can give permision to anymone I want ot enter my apartment building. Other residents don't get to contradict me. And that's all tybalt is. Another resident. He doesn't get to contradict jill anymore than another resident gets to contradict me no matter how much they hate the person I've invited in.

You are 100% wrong. So fuck off with your shit defending a complete asshat who is 100% wrong. Tybalt committed assault. If the mc punches, that's still self defense, no matter why you want a piece of shit like tybalt to be in the right. He fucking ain't. The MC had every right to be there, legally, making what he did self defense with no fucking charges trybalt could actually make stick without connections willing to ignore the actual law.
This is absolute nonsense.

If you give a friend the "you're welcome here anytime" line ...
and you go on vacation ...
and the friend breaks into your apartment building while you are gone ...
and steals everything of value you own ...
and then breaks into several other apartments and steals their property ...

You're telling me those people can't file charges because you gave that person permission to be there.

If that makes sense to anyone then I encourage you to try it out in real life.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
She can and she did give him permission. She is an "honored guest" which means she has clout and she used that to essentially give the MC permission to enter the Prep mansion as he pleases. Essentially, she's bestowing upon him special privileges and as an "honored guest" herself, her words carry great weight.

Even if his being allowed to be there is only if it concerns Jill, he could easily say that he was there on the grounds of the Prep mansion because he was looking for Jill to spend time with her. That falls perfectly within the purview of only ever being allowed in if it's to see Jill. How he entered the building, or if he even did, in this instance and what he may or may not have done cannot be adequately proven.
Right, so all he has to do to defend himself from the breaking and entering, property damage, and assault and battery charges is say he had permission to be there. Yea, that'll work.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018

Bingo bango bongo. All tybalt can prove is that he was there and he has permission to be there. Dipshit poster has nothing because those are the facts.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Bingo bango bongo. All tybalt can prove is that he was there and he has permission to be there. Dipshit poster has nothing because those are the facts.
He's wearing a suit he stole. Oops. He assaulted someone who definitely has permission to be there. Oops. He caused property damage by clogging a toilet. Oops. He made his presence known to several of the other suests at the party. Oops. He ran out with Derek in tow and was seen by everyone. Oops.

And you think Jill giving him permission to be there covers all of that ...

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Now finally, topics that don't revolve around lawyers and legal systems.

Well then look at the gestures and facial expressions. Jill is displaying timidness, nervousness, embarrassment, and uncomfortablility when discussing the very notion of sex. This seems very much in-line with how an inexperienced virgin would behave.
I agree with you about the interpretation of facial expressions and gestures. But one could also draw another conclusion from it. That her experiences with sexuality are negative and that's why Jill doesn't like to talk about this topic or doesn't talk about it at all.

There is such a thing as subtlety. A person does not have to explictly say they have or have not had sex, but they can imply it in the words that they speak and in their body language when discussing the subject. Everything about Jill during that conversation suggests that she has not had sex, so this is her telling the MC, just not in explicit terms.
That is true in any case. I have formulated my argument only somewhat exaggerated to clarify my point.

The rule isn't always followed "for parties", meaning that girls can spend the night after a party but they can't permanently, or even temporarily, live in the DIK mansion. The part about "rules aren't followed all the time" probably refers to the likes of Heather and Elena who likely often spend non-party nights with their respective partners, but they don't live in the mansion, they just spend a lot of nights there.

So even if the MC revealed the nature of his relationship with Maya or Josy and of their current situation (at least in terms of them needing somewhere to stay but not the full nature of the throuple), neither is going to be allowed to live in the mansion, even on a temporary basis.
The reason I posted the previous picture is because it contains the MC's question. "You did? How did that happen? I thought this place is DIKs only." This might indicate that this rule can be interpreted in a more spongy way.

Furthermore, there is a conversation between Josy/Maya/MC that could indicate something.
MC: "Sadly, I don't think they allow femal Diks."
Josy: "I've never heard of a coed fraternity."
Maya: "They do exist, but they aren't that common."

Maybe change the fraternity to a coed fraternity. After all, Rusty and MC have Cathy on their side. You should also consider that there was a break with the HOTs. Whether the DIK's with the HOT's again together celebrate we do not know. Maybe this is a test run for the DIK's with Josy and Maya?

Considering that DPC mixes the U.S. college system with that of his country, it could come to that because it may be so in his country. As written. It can, but it doesn't have to.

Before she left the party? Doubt it. I could see it more as Quinn made a threatening remark to Mona or outright told her she was out of the HOTs and she left without saying a word to anyone.
At the actual party in EP6, Mona will definitely not have talked to Heather. However, Heather supports Sage in her role as a mother and may have followed Mona or talked to her on the phone. This intimate togetherness of Sage and Heather could indicate a common understanding. But how did this come about?

People show what they think is their best side, but it may not be the side that the person they're on the date with will like. It's easy to imagine (especially since Jill pretty much says this) that the guys she dated before were not interested in getting to know her and were only interested in her for her wealth and status, and were just trying to bed her. Even Rusty seems like his interest in Jill was very shallow. Jill clearly picked up on this and therefore it's highly likely there was never a 2nd date for any of these guys.
Yes, but what bothers me about the conversation between Jill and the MC is that she explicitly mentioned the rule of threes. My very first impression when I read that was, how can a woman like Jill fall for such crap. For me, it made sense that it happened to her and asked the MC to make sure that he does not know this rule.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
He's wearing a suit he stole. Oops. He assaulted someone who definitely has permission to be there. Oops. He caused property damage by clogging a toilet. Oops. He made his presence known to several of the other suests at the party. Oops. He ran out with Derek in tow and was seen by everyone. Oops.

And you think Jill giving him permission to be there covers all of that ...
I was taking you seriously until you misspelt 'guests'

Jimayo won this one. Shut it down

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Anyway, here's where I was going with this:

Tybalt is going to hold this over Jill's head.

The only way he can do that is if that whole permission thing is nonsense.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Right, so all he has to do to defend himself from the breaking and entering, property damage, and assault and battery charges is say he had permission to be there. Yea, that'll work.
None of that is provable.

If the MC hit Tybalt, there were no witnesses. They are alone outside the Prep mansion when it happens and then other Preps come out of the mansion when Tybalt is on the ground but they did not witness him being hit.

He returned the suit so there is no proof of theft.

The conversation with 2 of the Preps is optional and not a universal scene.

Tybalt has no grounds to do anything and any case would be dimissed quickly for lack of evidence. You're flexing too much over something that's nothing but BS.

curseofthesky

Apr 20, 2019

If the MC hit Tybalt, there were no witnesses. They are alone outside the Prep mansion when it happens and then other Preps come out of the mansion when Tybalt is on the ground but they did not witness him being hit.

Tybalt has no grounds to do anything and any case would be dimissed quickly for lack of evidence. You're flexing too much over something that's nothing but BS.
Exactly this, there is no way to prove that our MC did any of that. there's gotta be evidence to prove any of that in court. it's just "he did, she did" MC will just say he was there because he wanted to meet jill and Jill explicitly gave him permission to, and i'm more than sure jill will support that statement.

Reactions: RyogoTM

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with you about the interpretation of facial expressions and gestures. But one could also draw another conclusion from it. That her experiences with sexuality are negative and that's why Jill doesn't like to talk about this topic or doesn't talk about it at all.
But with the "3 date" rule, would she really do it with someone she doesn't like just because she feels she has to, let alone even get to the 3rd date with someone she doesn't like? Everything about her says that the answer is a resounding 'no'.

Yes, but what bothers me about the conversation between Jill and the MC is that she explicitly mentioned the rule of threes. My very first impression when I read that was, how can a woman like Jill fall for such crap. For me, it made sense that it happened to her and asked the MC to make sure that he does not know this rule.
Given Jill's lineage, it's very possible she was raised to believe this, that this is the "proper" way of dating. I don't think it's unlikely that a girl from a rich family of high class and stature was raised to believe in more traditionalist and demure ideas of dating and intimacy. People here in this thread seem to think that such concepts are long dead and that nobody thinks this way anymore, but they do.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019

That doesn't work for the story.

Either Tybalt has to be able to hold this over Jill or Jill has to be able to hold this over the MC.
It can't just be "here's a huge drawn out scene I wasted a bunch of time creating for fuck all reason."

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Again self defense. Since he has permision to be there, the other charges don't apply and you are making a fool out of yourself trying to argue that they do.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes