D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Alright, after playing 0.7.2 with and without the scrappy mod, and unpacking and looking over the code, I'll have to say this:

The game is getting way heavier than Renpy can handle. Lagspikes even without autosaves are a lot more frequent than 0.6.1.

And I have a top of the line gaming computer, i9 10th gen, 2080 super, 3 separate SSDs, all top grade, the works.

I'm watching CPU and GPU usage during gameplay, and there's nothing spiking. This is all code bottlenecking. ( Also a data scientist very proficient in Python, pyspark and the like, and Renpy is not that off for me to analyze)

DPC is coding extremely variable heavy. And the callouts with all the conditional clauses he's using is bottlenecking Renpy's already slower response times.

This is why even indie devs use stuff like Unreal engine to make some VNs.

DPC's lack of OOP ( object oriented programming for the uninitiated) coding is going to make this game unbearably slow and crash prone by the time he hits episode 10 at this rate.

I'd set aside a whole month, hire a proficient coder and rework the entire codebase for his Steam season 2 release after Episode 8 release.

Comments welcome. Just wanted to add my two cents in. Wish he allowed Steam customers to comment directly on his discord, because I could point out where he was specifically going wrong even.

Edit note: There are a total of 13 separate variables he included just to make scrappy used saves incompatible in his releases. While, sure, by themselves don't mean much in computing expense, it's just an indicator of his tech debt skyrocketing so fast with each release.

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Big money Cas has been here for a year and a half little one.
I have read the great debates from titans who are now gone...lost.

Personally I don't think the two are related either.
Shame we didn't see Burke at all this episode. A small scene would have been nice like Burke seeing MC in the halls and making some kind of comment
SkinnyAncientIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb.gif
F for the fallen

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
I just can't accept the logic the if your are having it with bella it's okk but If you are on dik path no jill for you no matter what you do.

I think jill character to entitled if this keep up i am gona drop jill.
I don't like people which behave like god and pretend to be higher then other anyway. While love to stick with golden spoon.
Full of bbullshi just like jade hate her husband but love to stick with him.
I am done with jill bs.

Reactions: ignorantCreator

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So its fine for Chad to use Sage to hide the fact he is gay but its not fine for Sage to find out who he was chating on her with?
I think the adult thing is for Chad to tell her that in private and to not involve anyone else on this, incluiding MC but I have a feeling from the way Chad has been acting that that isnt going to happen and MC will have to do it for him.
It's definitely not fine, but I think revealing Chad's secret could be fairly explosive given the ridiculously homophobic culture among the jocks. That's going too far, despite how badly he treated Sage.

Personally, I'm hoping we'll be able to persuade him that Sage deserves a proper explanation and he'll tell her himself (and we can then persuade her to keep his secret until it's safe to reveal). On the one hand, this seems possible, since Chad does seem a lot better disposed to the MC if he tried to help Chad during the councilor meeting. On the other hand, that seems like too simple and tidy a resolution to the matter, so some sort of snags are bound to come up.

Apart from arranging a meeting right with Sage there without alerting Quinn:
- with the HOT code Sage would probably not believe it
- its either just a rumor if you don't use it or you just admit to pay for sex

Also I have a feeling the game would be a lot shorter.
I'm not sure about that: Sage believed Maya when she said Quinn lied to her and flipped her off instead of trying to get her back in the HOTs. Given how close she is to the MC these days, if he honestly told her about Quinn I would expect Sage would at least look into it. (Though the MC probably will have to answer some uncomfortable questions if he did take Quinn's deal.)

I've now finished, DIK CHICK and Neutral runs. Here are the playthroughs I think we'll need in the end;

Complete DIK - Fucking everyone take all bad choices, consequences be damned. (AKA the Quinn path)

DIK - Sage path. Take mostly DIK choices with some common sence

Neutral/CHICK - Maya and Josy Mix of choices, allows balance of fun but not being a maniac. If you keep things balanced between the two (Maya during the prep Party and taking her the TV, Josy on the other occasions) it should set you up for either one if they break up)
That's how I thought the balancing act with Maya and Josy would work, but I'm less sure now. The fact that sex with Josy at the start of the episode is described as "seducing" her, and the Episode wrap-up talking about how he and Josy are getting very horny for each other makes me wonder if things might be a little more complicated. We know Josy has a much higher libido than Maya; perhaps keeping the throuple going will require keeping Josy from overdosing on the MC while she and Maya are apart?

Also, right now one interesting thing come to my mind.
Simple question, maybe someone will answer.
At the party in the new Episode there's a moment, when Chad hold one of the Jock's and says to him about MC, that "He's cool" (or something like that).

The thing is: back in Episode 3 after the fight with Chad and the meeting with the staff there was a pick between "Defend Chad"/"Don't say nothing". I remember picking to defend him.

Maybe a small thing but: did someone picked to NOT defend him and can tell, if at the party his reaction about MC is diffrent?

Maybe a small thing, but I'm just curious, did DrPinkCake included that (you may though) not very important pick, that 4 episodes later can change a thing or two.
Yes, Chad's reaction is different if the MC didn't try to defend him:
Chad_party_not_cool.jpg
Not clear if this will come up again later, but given the cliffhanger it seems likely.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Any theory of what is written here?
I'm guessing it's just a way to avoid having to write out the MC's name; it's probably a lot harder to put dynamic text on an image (rather than just in the text box).

For the Cathy cluck I've been saying it for awhile now that its the tri betas. Episode 2 before the shot battle, Sally is seen looking cute in a dress and dancing with Jam Jam.
I think its in ep3 we learn that Jam Jam lost his phone. Rusty gives him a new one later on. The phones are connected to the DIks rooster account.
Actualy I'm almost certain its one of the DIKs tho I have no clue who because if you show the DIKs during your evaluation the video where you are fucking Jade Jacob calls for the DIK rule or whatever and everyone is supposed to earase ever seeing it from their memories and they should delete the video right away but then at the end of episode 6 you see how Bruke got a hold of that video and Sara nor Mel had access to it at that point, only MC and the DIKs.
It's possible I'm just too trusting, but I don't think the DIKs are behind the leaks (at least not intentionally). I just can't see any reason why any of the DIKs would want to leak the Jade video. I think whoever hacked the laptop for the Cathy-cluck still has some sort of access to it (or possibly to a cloud account as Cas suggested).

Anyone know the music from the first Josy scene?
It's called . Really liked that one (though the lyrics are certainly ominous!).

Zexawy

Mar 3, 2018
Copy the attached file into your "\season2\scripts" folder. Make sure it's called update7.rpy

It removes the cheat protection (from using mods in the previous updates), however this doesn't mean your game won't be fucked up later.
Thank you

Reactions: shazba

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Alright, after playing 0.7.2 with and without the scrappy mod, and unpacking and looking over the code, I'll have to say this:

The game is getting way heavier than Renpy can handle. Lagspikes even without autosaves are a lot more frequent than 0.6.1.

And I have a top of the line gaming computer, i9 10th gen, 2080 super, 3 separate SSDs, all top grade, the works.

I'm watching CPU and GPU usage during gameplay, and there's nothing spiking. This is all code bottlenecking. ( Also a data scientist very proficient in Python, pyspark and the like, and Renpy is not that off for me to analyze)

DPC is coding extremely variable heavy. And the callouts with all the conditional clauses he's using is bottlenecking Renpy's already slower response times.

DPC's lack of OOP ( object oriented programming for the uninitiated) coding is going to make this game unbearably slow and crash prone by the time he hits episode 10 at this rate.

I'd set aside a whole month, hire a proficient coder and rework the entire codebase for his Steam season 2 release after Episode 8 release.

Comments welcome. Just wanted to add my two cents in. Wish he allowed Steam customers to comment directly on his discord, because I could point out where he was specifically going wrong even.

Edit note: There are a total of 13 separate variables he included just to make scrappy used saves incompatible in his releases. While, sure, by themselves don't mean much in computing expense, it's just an indicator of his tech debt skyrocketing so fast with each release.
You may well be correct, but I very much doubt DPC will be eager to hand over coding to a more qualified expert, and I don't think he has time to become such an expert himself. So I fear the problem will fester until it hits a critical mass bad enough to force DPC to fix it. I'd certainly be happy to be proven wrong on this, though.

As promised here is an excel with a guide on how to finish the mansion minigame by the end of episode 7, hope its easy to understand.
I think with enough optimization its possible to do it while also taking the VIP pass but I cant be bothered to do that much math :LOL:
fakitap pinging you since you wanted to know if it was possible to finish it in 6 turns.
Wow, interesting approach! But AFAICT, you have Derek trying to fix the Right Hallway on his own in the 7th sheet, and he's 80% short. I can swap DIKs around to move Derek to Upper Area #3 where he's only 60% short, but I'm still not finishing the mansion before the 8th sheet (where you have the Hallway listed as fixed.

Other than leaving Rusty at 92% Work, I don't see any easy way to free up points, and that's not enough to make up the difference. Did I miss something here?

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
Except their relationship isnt about cheating, the whole purpose of the rules Tommy set is so they both have a say on who fucks who so your reasoning doesnt hold up unfortunately. There is a difference between an open raltionship and cheating.
Just in this chapter you have 2 diferent mentions of Tommy cheating on her. The whole thing about an open relationship is about being able to fuck around without afecting your relationship. An even then Tommy choose to cheat.
The only variable about this threesome happening or not is us speaking with Heather precisely about this theme you thinks doesn't hold up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This post is gonna be quite influyent in about a year xD

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Just played through Acting Lessons and it has less nonsensical interactions and unnecessarily convoluted plots than Being a DIK. Having familiarized myself with DPC's style through that, it seems like the heavy foreshadowing here is going to lead to some heavy consequences, probably not on the same level as AL, but still. It's also incredibly likely that loyalty to one girl will be rewarded with a much more positive ending than being a manwhore, which I'm not really against tbh.
The biggest factor the games have in common is the relative lack of control over the MC's mental state, and his perpetual doubts and indecision.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017

I didn't notice many issues while I was playing and my computer isn't as good as yours but I agree the code should be reworked. DPC himself said his most recent estimate for the length of Being a DIK is 14-20 episodes which means we're at most halfway through unless the estimate changes again. I haven't looked through the code like you have (I wouldn't be able to give a very meaningful analysis on it if I did) but I can see how more problems will start to happen given what you and modders have said. I think you can get access to the Discord for as little as $1 if you really wanted to try and help but he might not even see it unless you commented at the right time so it might not be worth it

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I have to say the music in the game is so good. I don't think I've have play another adult game with so many music tracks. I totally enjoying the Run Run Runnin song that is featured in chapter 7 for the Isabella hot scene.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes