Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
-Can you actually join a different fraternity other than the diks in the beginning?
I always thought that Magnar had already made up his mind about not letting MC join the Tri-Betas and their sit down was just a formality. I can't remember the exact line of questioning, but it was brief and I think it was as simple as, "did you get good grades?" MC mentions he did ok but wasn't top of the class. And that's it. Magnar immediately shoots him down and MC doesn't appear to care enough to really push the issue. For all Magnar knew, MC could have just been acting modest, but it seems neither one actually wanted MC to join.

I think Magnar enjoys his "top dog" status and his big dick energy within the Tri Betas and couldn't allow a new stallion to challenge his position. Look at his current weak competition ..Ron and that other dork with the glasses. Bert I think? Although Ron does have balls enough to aim high and try for Jill. So points to him for that at least.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
From about the third or fourth season BaDIK has given me an unmistakable Game of Thrones vibe.

The worst thing though is the over the top devotion that BaDIK fan's have for the game. Yes the music is good, but many other games have good music. Yes, there are some excellent renders in the game but there's also some really awful ones and overall the quality is inconsistent at best. The animations are mediocre. The characters are compelling but in fact are basically stock characterizations. The worst part though is that having gotten the player hooked on the characters DPC doesn't know what to do with them, the story is the fatal flaw in the game.
I think you've got it almost backwards. DPC clearly does know what he wants to do with the characters and has set them up on long arcs. The problem is that he's willing to take narrative shortcuts (or even outright cheats) to get from one point on the arc to another.

Maya, for example, has been foreshadowing her issues with Patrick since day 1. Yet the eventual explanation for the mechanism by which she was ensnared was still complete nonsense. DPC could have taken the time to write out a more coherent (if slightly less extreme) version, but he felt the financial-babble version was adequate as long as it was done deliberately. In the grand scheme he's probably right (we can mentally edit the story to hold together easily enough), but it's still an unfortunate omission that makes it harder to gauge just how effective Sage's help might be.

Another problem is that while the characters are more than just stock stereotypes, DPC is still willing to lean too heavily on those stereotypes when it makes his life easier. Hence why Sage can be amazed that the MC is rejecting her advances even though her recent love life has been nothing but rejection from Chad. Sage is a hot, sexually experienced girl and they never expect rejection - her current character arc at this point in the story be damned.

Jill manages to run aground on both of those problems. DPC wanted her to help the MC through his Maya crisis at the end of Season 1, so Jill gets to act wise and measured in those scenes. But her romance also needs to be temporarily derailed by Tybalt to maintain pace with the rest of the game. Rather than write Tybalt as a genuine threat (at least in the romantic sense) and allow Jill to meet that challenge head on, DPC just doubles down on Tybalt as hopeless ass and Jill as naive virgin, tosses Jill the Idiot Ball and calls the matter settled. It's extremely frustrating and weakens the rest of Jill's material (some of which is very strong), so hopefully it will end soon and we can move on to the next phase in her arc.

In short, I agree there are real problems here, I just don't think they're quite the ones you identify. And even with those flaws, I personally find the end result pretty compelling. Perhaps that will change someday, but for now I think BaDIK is the best AVN out there, warts and all. That doesn't make me objectively right by any means, but it certainly doesn't make me a rube unable to see through DPC's con either.

Fine gentlemen of this lovely establishment, a quick question if you will. *Ahem*

The hottest HOT? :unsure:
Josy, of course. She's the overall hottest girl in the game (combining looks, personality and sex appeal), and she's now a HOT. Therefore she's the hottest HOT.

Q.E.D.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Hmmmm... all good picks to which I can definitely agree with to some extent, but... if you could only fuck one for the rest of the game?????:unsure:
If it must be a HOT i would say Quinn, after playing that game 6 times, i developped a strong feeling for Quinn, certainly the most interesting character of the game.
If not a HOT i would say Bella for the same reason, not just a pretty girl but a woman, that makes the whole difference.

yeesssss

Apr 23, 2021
I think you've got it almost backwards. DPC clearly does know what he wants to do with the characters and has set them up on long arcs. The problem is that he's willing to take narrative shortcuts (or even outright cheats) to get from one point on the arc to another.

Maya, for example, has been foreshadowing her issues with Patrick since day 1. Yet the eventual explanation for the mechanism by which she was ensnared was still complete nonsense. DPC could have taken the time to write out a more coherent (if slightly less extreme) version, but he felt the financial-babble version was adequate as long as it was done deliberately. In the grand scheme he's probably right (we can mentally edit the story to hold together easily enough), but it's still an unfortunate omission that makes it harder to gauge just how effective Sage's help might be.

Another problem is that while the characters are more than just stock stereotypes, DPC is still willing to lean too heavily on those stereotypes when it makes his life easier. Hence why Sage can be amazed that the MC is rejecting her advances even though her recent love life has been nothing but rejection from Chad. Sage is a hot, sexually experienced girl and they never expect rejection - her current character arc at this point in the story be damned.
I really feel as if DPC is learning a lot about character / storyline planning and what us anonymous asshats on a forum are looking for. =P

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Correct me if im wrong but I feel as if Jill and Isabella have the least amount of screen time after episode 7 as well as having the smallest impact on the story overall.

If you ignore Jill she's just some rich chick falling on a sword you hardly have to interact with. Compare that to the more elaborate plots with Sage, Josy, and Maya you're forced into that are 100% unavoidable.
Josy? Josy so far feels extremely shoehorned into everything, if you ask me. The only "plot" she really had was being the (non) GF back home of the MC while he was experiencing college. After that, she's pretty much tied to Maya in every single regard, except all the drama and character development is about Maya whiel Josy is like :l almost in every scene. I like Josy... but she's the character I'm the least interested in all of BADIK (or close to that) because she only works as a plot device to Maya drama and barely... barely anything else Her connection with Tommy? I dont think even Tommy *really* cares. I really wished DPC didnt shoehorned her into Maya as a couple and gave her a real purpose... and being a crying shoulder to Jill is not it, btw.

Everyone else's has a plot, I dont need to mention Quinn's, Sage is growing out her cheerleader who only dates douche chads "mean girl" persona out the window, Bella with her husband and her ice queen persona, Jill with her family, Maya with her father... Josy is the only one that is just... there...
I think only Maya has more overall 'screentime' than Jill, who is significantly present in every chapter.

and without sex, which is distracting.
Maya has significantly more screen time then literally everyone in the game minus MC. Not sure what your point is here tbh.
1625635870904.png

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
had no clue anyone tracked lines of dialog not sure what to think of that
I've never cared to unRen the game and look but in the backend if each character is considered an object and each line an individual string it wouldn't take very long to write a function that counts each occurrence of a string for a given object.

I doubt someone is manually going in and hand counting them, that would be insane. Gotta work smarter not harder

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya has significantly more screen time then literally everyone in the game minus MC. Not sure what your point is here tbh.
what do you mean?
that Maya dominates from that point of view is obvious, but my impression is that Jill is right behind her, even in the first season when from a plot point of view she was in the background.
955 Maya's lines of dialogue I believe are about the loan...

I'm just guessing so I could be wrong, but that table doesn't answer the question. You can be on the screen even if you don't speak, and Jill isn't exactly a chatterbox.

• Haha
Reactions: Awry90 and shazba

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Maya & josi were much closer to the mc in the beginning that's why they spoke more than others, also they're in the same class, this does not really prove they have better chemistry.

Reactions: Nattrack

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
what do you mean?
that Maya dominates from that point of view is obvious, but my impression is that Jill is right behind her, even in the first season when from a plot point of view she was in the background.

955 Maya's lines of dialogue I believe are about the loan...

I'm just guessing so I could be wrong, but that table doesn't answer the question. You can be on the screen even if you don't speak, and Jill isn't exactly a chatterbox.
I reckon Riona's dialogue count went up significantly from her "narrating" the sex scene in ep7. Did anyone else find that weird turn of events?

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I am sure that there is a route in which all the main girls are ignored. Will the main character stay with Quinn in the finale? I'm really looking forward to the season finale. It will be dedicated to Halloween and preparation for it. There will be a lot of themed costumes and I think the main mechanics of the final party will be to find the right girl or choose which girl to fuck.

Reactions: Actuallythedog

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I think it all depends on how you look at it bro.

IMO the appeal of Josy is exactly what you've touched on. Excluding what's going on with Maya, she's mentally/physically/emotionally stable, financially competent, chose a good major, is generally at a good spot in her life, and has no ongoing issues.

I said it a few pages back, out of all of the LIs she is the only LI that makes sense as the endgame for MC at this point in the story. That's her appeal as far as im concerned and I support it. The drama-less LI.
I honestly can't agree one single bit on that. Josy is so... bland, so... plain. She legit has nothing on for her, literally nothing aside from M&J... and too me that always has been incredible shoed horned by DPC so that Josy could have a role in the story... and its being a plot device in Maya's. IDK, even on episode 1 I was like... meh. Especially after the MC goes to college I legit forgot she existed and I would skip the travel back home and that non GF date if it was possible. She's by far the least interesting LI in what is supposed to be a drama story, my man. Its obviously just my opinion, and I dont wish to have a waifu war.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I reckon Riona's dialogue count went up significantly from her "narrating" the sex scene in ep7. Did anyone else find that weird turn of events?
:unsure: No:ROFLMAO:
BeingADIK 2021-07-07 12-11-42-11.png

BTW, these Static often surprise me.
I mean, Maya having the most renders and dialogue, that not a surprise, She has a very heavily prominent presence through the game. But for Example Josy does not have this feeling, its give you de illusion She is barely in the game, and Yet she is in the 3rd place, even though it does not give you this feeling, like I feeling I have more screen time with Jill. May be because those time you spend with Josy may be less, but longer? contain more renders and words:unsure:. Interesting for sure

M00nSh1ne_X

Jun 16, 2021
It's Melanie not Melinda.
It's Mel :WeSmart:

Reading the official guide of the game from beginning to end you realize that Josy is not Dik and she does not like people with that affinity because there are several times that she takes points from you and in fact I give you an example from the first episode
View attachment 1276880

She is more Neutral-Chick
Being a DIK sometimes let's the MC day other things than being a CHICK. Maybe Josy finds them tasteless when they're not that close yet. Probably most girls do.

This selection always worries me.
Derek is combative, Sage has the arm pose and Bella looks angry with her arms crossed.

View attachment 1277135
On my current Quinn run I still have the option for Bella. Damnit too hard to let her completely go. Still not sure what to do with her.

Damn. Patrick might be a bigger pig than we thought. Derek and Maya might not be his kids either. That would also eliminate incest. Look at this picture. Derek has his left hand on Patrick's ass. Remember the English assignment where 6 letters come out herpes? Look at Patrick's lower lip.:unsure:

Maya is holding her left forearm. To the right of Maya, the ground is churned up. Derek and Patrick's suits are dirty and both may have a blue left eye.:unsure:

View attachment 1279196
He's just a scumbag who doesn't want to touch his gay daughter. Also think that is a pretty standard way of standing on a photo (Derek)

Looking at the game I could say that Quinn is the main character (she is not even considered LI and yet she has the biggest development in the game and shares all the characteristics of a LI) or M&J, who go through the whole game from scene one.
And yet I think it's choral enough to not have one character over another at the LI level.
Whatever it is, Quinn is always my main LI. Except of course on the chick run, but then I still try.
Fine gentlemen of this lovely establishment, a quick question if you will. *Ahem*

The hottest HOT? :unsure:
I think I just answered that :sneaky: Do like me some Sage as well tho.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I honestly can't agree one single bit on that. Josy is so... bland, so... plain. She legit has nothing on for her, literally nothing aside from M&J... and too me that always has been incredible shoed horned by DPC so that Josy could have a role in the story... and its being a plot device in Maya's. IDK, even on episode 1 I was like... meh. Especially after the MC goes to college I legit forgot she existed and I would skip the travel back home and that non GF date if it was possible. She's by far the least interesting LI in what is supposed to be a drama story, my man. Its obviously just my opinion, and I dont wish to have a waifu war.
That is one way to look at it, but I would not dismissing everything that seniorboop said :)
first of all Badik is foremost a comedy with Drama elements, unlike acting lesson wich was a more Drama focused game. While I agree that Josy seems less developed and may be blank or more specifically just regular, or average. The only Drawback of Josy is truly her connection to Maya, without that Josy alone easily the Best Girlfriend material of all. thanks to the fact, what you find boring :ROFLMAO:, is that she comes without stupid annoying Drama. She exactly what you get as seniorboop pointed out. She is a hot girl, the typical Girl next Door, who fall in love wiht MC loves the sex wiht him, and can be a stable college couple, everything you would want in real life at this age.

Unlike with the other girls.
Sage, who is obsessed with her ex BF, and can't figure out all this time he is Gay, which is funny considering the Gay jokes she throw at MC if, he not grab her ass, or dont want to fuck her :ROFLMAO:.
Jill, who literally living in bubble and seemingly have zero idea about real life, and the top of that she has an obsessed Stalker.
Maya, the oppressed girl by her family with the piece of shit father.
Bella, the lonely housewife who hopefully secretly a Dominatrix :ROFLMAO:.
or Quinn and her companions, who are drug addict, drug dealers, and willing to fuck with anyone who give them money.
compared to them Josy is indeed, the most bland, plain and simple. and Yet as of if right now, - this could easily change, - but seemingly the most Healthy and regular Relationship.
and That is one of the main appeal of her, just a regular hot girl with a regular Main MC living their college life. They Study, the party they having Sex. without all the unnecessary drama, that should not even concern the MC most of the times.
That is Why Josy is the best girl:ROFLMAO:(y):coffee:

Last edited:

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
It's a possibility, and DPC says it's the character he most enjoys writing.
His evolution ate the evolution of the other characters, so he could easily be the first one he imagined.
We'll see in about 5 years what he'll say about that... I only ask that he leaves me a good ending with M&J and another one with Sage. :p
I thought DPC said that Derek was the character he most enjoyed writing, not Quinn.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
I thought DPC said that Derek was the character he most enjoyed writing, not Quinn.
Well He enjoy's writing Both.
"The characters I do enjoy writing for the most are, in no particular order: Derek, Quinn, Isabella and Jade. Derek is an outlet for my juvenile sense of humor, Quinn lets me be a manipulative puppet master and Isabella & Jade let me use a different kind of vocabulary."
- Feb 2020, Q&A

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes