shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
OK show me the impacts. I may be getting you wrong but you seem to be arguing the point that BaDIK is a choice driven game and that the choices have consequences. That's just not the case. When you compare it to other games with branching path's BaDIK just fails to measure up, it's a story on rails.
Branching a game early is a rookie mistake.

Why so many games on this site don't even make it half way through the story before the creator has to go back and redo everything.

Right now, there's no branching or at least there isn't consequences to the branching, but let's reopen this conversation in a few episode when the game passes the 50% point.
I'm an old man, I won't be alive when this game reaches the half-way point. DPC is saying 16-20 episodes now, when he realizes just how much he can soak the rubes it'll be 24-30, then 30-36 and etc.

Also, games have actually been written and completed with branching path's. Seek and ye shall find.
Branching early just increases the workload, it's not necessarily a mistake, as long as the developer realises what they are getting themselves into.

Games with massive branching arcs can be great, especially for replayability, but DPC has stated this game is mostly a linear story, and he was aware that branching would have a massive impact on either his development time or episode length. It is what it is.

You can't criticise something for being what it was intended to be. It's like if you prefer sci-fi, you don't go criticising fantasy stories because they aren't sci-fi.

If DPC was making a big deal about how amazing his branching was, then sure, he'd be wrong, but he's not doing that.

As far as consequences, there are definitely consequences to the mc's actions, are they long-term consequences? We don't know, the game isn't over yet. But some random consequences:
  • Be in a relationship with Maya and Josy, the following sexual relationships are closed to you:
    • Jade
    • Quinn
    • Cathy
  • Have a sexual encounter with Cathy, the following relationship is jeopardised:
    • Bella
  • Stay with Derek or Bella, the following sexual encounters are missed:
    • Mel & Sarah
  • Stay with Bella or Sage, the following sexual encounters are missed:
    • Sex with Rose during the second visit to the Pink Rose
  • Turn down Quinn's restaurant offer, miss out on the following sexual encounters:
    • Camila anal sex
    • Riona blow job
    • Sarah sex at the DIK party
    • Quinn & Riona threesome
    • Miss out on sex with Sarah during gender studies
  • Don't be a DIK
    • Miss out on sex with Sarah during gender studies
  • Be a DIK
    • Miss out on first kiss with Jill in the tennis showers (not actually in the shower unfortunately)
And so on...

None of the above derails the main story, because that isn't the intention, but they are still consequences.

These are only minor branches in this game so far (depending on your perspective - missing out on sex with a girl as a consequence of your actions sounds pretty severe actually), and they all converge back on the same path eventually.
I just hope there will be romantic routes for DIK/not-so-romantic/horndog MC as well. Or maybe some sort of attunement later where you get to re-open some paths under certain conditions.
I basically picked the roleplay choices I'd personally would have gone for ("followed my heart", heh) and lost Josy/Maya and Bella and most likely losing Jill as well (seriously Josy, telling the other girl that that's my dick in Tybalt's presentation?)
Would be sad if the ending would be "oh you had lots of different women, as a punishment MC ends up all alone in the end"
Everyone talks about DPC punishing the players, it's just a fun story to me, with high replayability. Once it's complete I'd surely have played all possible outcomes anyway (unless I suddenly stopped liking the game and didn't want to, but given the current situation, I can't see that happening).

Last edited:

Ickyrus

May 12, 2021
(seriously Josy, telling the other girl that that's my dick in Tybalt's presentation?)
Would be sad if the ending would be "oh you had lots of different women, as a punishment MC ends up all alone in the end"

lol, yep as soon as i got this reveal in the Josy/Maya route, I made sure in my Jill route playthrough not to take that pic :)

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Hey guys, I need some help.

When I try to open the game, 99% crashes: "The application is not responding"

- I've tried to reinstall, but the error persists
- I'm not using any mods/cheats
- My PC uses licensed Win 10 - 8 gb Ram

There is a hotfix or something?

(NOT english native speaker)
Okay so anyone who is having the problem of seeing an Oversized Loading Screen Here is the Solution:-

The Default Resolution of the Loading Image also known as Presplash.jpg is 1920*1080. You just need to change it's resolution to the same of your Monitors resolution. Since it shows an oversized image , I reckon that your Monitor Screen Resolution is less than 1920*1080 and most probably 1366*768.

If your Monitor's screen resolution is 1366*768, Simply change the Loading Image resolution to 1366*768.
The Loading Image is in the "game" folder with name saved as Presplash.jpg.

It takes time for the game to load, you see the loading screen somewhere from 30s to 2min depending on your hardware. Just don't click anything on the screen for the mean time. When the loading screen disappears wait for 5 to 15 seconds and then the game will start. If it does not start, type your problem on the search bar and search for it.

Reactions: Paco Loco

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
lol, yep as soon as i got this reveal in the Josy/Maya route, I made sure in my Jill route playthrough not to take that pic :)
The thing is I wasn't even on Josy route anymore at that point and the bitch still ratted me out :cautious:

Everyone talks about DPC punishing the players, it's just a fun story to me, with high replayability. Once it's complete I'd surely have played all possible outcomes anyway (unless I suddenly stopped liking the game and didn't want to, but given the current situation, I can't see that happening).
Well yeah I will do that as well just to see the different route/storyline.
Just that when you're DIK affiliated so far there has been a tendency for the "romantic" good girl LIs to dump you. I see the potential for the DIK MC to get romantically involved with Sage or Quinn (or another named HOT) at some point, but so far the general direction has been that being a DIK gave you a lot of sex options but precluded you from getting emotionally involved/being rejected if you did.

DickLander69

Jan 3, 2019
You know what really rubs me the wrong way with this game? The fact that we don’t know the full names of the charachters. And you would suppose that in a school environment people would be called by their family names and such. Or if he doesn’t know the MC could ask them like a normal person. Now we are all making these crazy theories about who is whose father and mother when it could be naturally and easly solved by knowing their full names. This is some cheap drama tbh. Rant over.

M00nSh1ne_X

Jun 16, 2021
Interesting. I don't often hear people say they want a solo Maya route..it's usually the other way or they want the throuple. Similar to you, I enjoyed the first episodes (season 1 was frickin amazing, season 2 not as much). I fell in like with Maya, not love. I never found her physically attractive and she doesn't do butt stuff (boooo!), but she and Derek are me BFFs. I think DPC will give you a solo Maya route eventually.

I also think faithful players will get a relatively good ending with most of the chosen main LIs (excluding Bella). Good doesn't necessarily mean married happily ever after, but at the very least they won't end up as charcoal.
Maya maybe the only solo route I will not try lol. But who knows maybe if I have some spare time.

Also, good ending with Bella is when she finally lets loose :BootyTime:. Whatever happens after, I don't care
Does anybody knows what happens if you are on Jill route, being a Massive chick of course and still take the dickpic? (she sneaks a peek at your dick right?). Does she remember the D?
You know what really rubs me the wrong way with this game? The fact that we don’t know the full names of the charachters. And you would suppose that in a school environment people would be called by their family names and such. Or if he doesn’t know the MC could ask them like a normal person. Now we are all making these crazy theories about who is whose father and mother when it could be naturally and easly solved by knowing their full names. This is some cheap drama tbh. Rant over.
And miss all of Dalli's ramblings? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Edit: for real tho, when I introduce myself to other people I usually go with only my first name.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Speak for yourself, I don't do any of those crazy theories:p :ROFLMAO:. and surname is really not fucking matter unless it's important for a story or for that particular character.
also because we can Name our character some of the name would end up silly anyway, FuckFace Royce ?:ROFLMAO:.Pussyhunter47 Burgmeister .:ROFLMAO:. and etc etc etc :ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: OFT

always86

Mar 19, 2020
OK show me the impacts. I may be getting you wrong but you seem to be arguing the point that BaDIK is a choice driven game and that the choices have consequences. That's just not the case. When you compare it to other games with branching path's BaDIK just fails to measure up, it's a story on rails.
Very tempting just to do this;

“Me in the post you just quoted” said:
For example Cathy and Bella? Or Jill and the DiK pic, a reaction that varies depending on who else you are fucking? Choosing Maya and Josy but pissing off Jade? Hooking up with Jade but revealing the video? Not all the consequences of every decision are known yet. Not every decision will have major ramifications, but that is not unreasonable.
But instead, please can you name a couple of AVN games with significant branching? Especially any where the main plot may be significantly different in the middle of the story depending on choices?

Reactions: ename144 and ZWCook

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC pays for his assets whatever he can get for free is irrelevant. He sells his product commercially. I have no clue how many assets he has bought for his games but he does reuse his assets quite a bit. Just as a for instance, he did reuse the same character assets from AL (Megan's mother and father are Mel and Tybalt in BAD with the same Hair asset.) (Megan and Ana in AL are the same Mckayla Genesis 3 character.) From a financial standpoint it would make more sense to do with as little as possible.

If I were doing my renders commercially I would also buy the assets but I wouldn't go hog wild because that would add up quickly. It pays to be frugal and reuse assets.
With what DPC takes in from Patreon and with the price an asset costs on average, he could easily buy 100 assets every month without it hurting him.

Again. It depends on how he uses these assets.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah, I am not doing any more crazy theories after Jill's sister was revealed. I mean, I never expected it to be true but DPC even made that whole sequence like a huge middle finger to whom believed :LOL:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
With what DPC takes in from Patreon and with the price an asset costs on average, he could easily buy 100 assets every month without it hurting him.

Again. It depends on how he uses these assets.
Well, for first experience with Daz and some models, you can morph them quite a lot. It does require work but, you can make a lot, well except maybe with settings, which I assume its where DPC spent most buying assets.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This week I worked on static renders and went back to planning/writing.

I wish I could explain what I've been working on in detail, but I can't without spoiling things.

I will likely be writing for as long as I can without needing to pose more animations.

At the moment, I have a queue with 20+ animations waiting to render (that's equivalent to ~3000-5000 frames), which buys me time for writing.

I know which events are left to write, so it's just to power on as usual with it.

Poll news
In the poll that ended today, the winner who will get a Special render set in episode 8 was Sage, and the focus of this series will be a balance between wholesome and lewd content.

I will start working on this set soon.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

This week I worked on static renders and went back to planning/writing.

I wish I could explain what I've been working on in detail, but I can't without spoiling things.

I will likely be writing for as long as I can without needing to pose more animations.

At the moment, I have a queue with 20+ animations waiting to render (that's equivalent to ~3000-5000 frames), which buys me time for writing.

I know which events are left to write, so it's just to power on as usual with it.

Poll news
In the poll that ended today, the winner who will get a Special render set in episode 8 was Sage, and the focus of this series will be a balance between wholesome and lewd content.

I will start working on this set soon.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Judging by the picture, this is the drug den where Quinn was. Will the main character follow Quinn or Riona?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes