`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
It gets clear to me by the minute, i can see it in her eyes. How the hell did i took this long to realize it? i hope i'm the first one to notice this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
...Unfortunately dalli_x is always the first one to notice these kind of things so maybe you are second.

About that rating thing, Sage jokes about that, nothing serious.

Nov 17, 2018
COBD just released an update like a couple of hours ago so we should expect DIK to update soon as well right :unsure:. From what I've searched and found here the update is in beta phase about a couple of weeks ago. How close are we at the update now ?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
COBD just released an update like a couple of hours ago so we should expect DIK to update soon as well right :unsure:. From what I've searched and found here the update is in beta phase about a couple of weeks ago. How close are we at the update now ?
unfortunately you have read it wrong, we will have to wait at least until the end of October, early November

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
nope Q can never be a LI she is marked for tragedy although DPC is now probably considering just using Rhyona instead of his original plan for Quinn!

thus the new set up!
Putting aside the thorny issue of Quinn's LI status for the moment :rolleyes:...I've seen a few people claim DPC changed his plan for the character from how she was originally conceived. I certainly think this is possible, given how things have developed, but is there a quote anywhere from him that confirms it?

Reactions: Warscared

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
.I've seen a few people claim DPC changed his plan for the character from how she was originally conceived. I certainly think this is possible, given how things have developed, but is there a quote anywhere from him that confirms it?
We can only assume.
1) In the last status update, he listed that it will be necessary to work with the screensaver of the end of the episode and apparently all the progress of relations with Quinn will be transferred there
2) Previously hinted that he is doing something unexpected and apparently this is what Quinn will be one of LI.
In general, I think that most likely the long development is due, among other things, to the fact that he is reworking the whole season in order to include the progress of Quinn's status .

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
I don’t think she dislikes him, people usually like their toys, and thats how i think she sees him. Also, that party planning is not really a big demonstration of affect.

One thing i’m anxious about is to see her talk with Melanie, lol, thats going to be good.
Wanting MC to do party planning with her is meant to be a sign of the growth of their relationship. If you recall, it's what Sage wanted Chad to do with her in the flashback (though Chad didn't care!) In fact, despite Sage's absurd claim that she's "never seen the MC that way" DPC has made it increasingly plain that she has developed feelings for him. She's opened up to him about her emotional issues, been moved to tears by the story about his mother, calls him a "great guy" to other people, kisses him in public, thinks he's great in bed, wears his jacket etc etc etc. This is all a bit beyond him being a toy, surely?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
We can only assume.
1) In the last status update, he listed that it will be necessary to work with the screensaver of the end of the episode and apparently all the progress of relations with Quinn will be transferred there
2) Previously hinted that he is doing something unexpected and apparently this is what Quinn will be one of LI.
In general, I think that most likely the long development is due, among other things, to the fact that he is reworking the whole season in order to include the progress of Quinn's status .
I really hope that's a faulty assumption.
One of the things I've liked about the story thus far is that there are frequently consequences.
And making Quinn a potential LI means she'll almost certainly escape the consequences of all the crap she's done.
DPC is good. But there are limits to how much divergence you can have in the multiple paths of this sort of story, unless you break it off into 2 stories/games being developed simultaneously.
And the divergence between keeping her around as a LI for the Quinstans and removing her from the story when she gets the jail time every else knows she deserves... That's a tough set of paths to include in a single game/story.

Reactions: `Ray`

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
One of the things I've liked about the story thus far is that there are frequently consequences.
And making Quinn a potential LI means she'll almost certainly escape the consequences of all the crap she's done.
DPC is good. But there are limits to how much divergence you can have in the multiple paths of this sort of story, unless you break it off into 2 stories/games being developed simultaneously.
Quinn is an enemy or a friend, depending on whether you are chick or dik.
It's obvious to Chick that Quinn is a global evil who sells girls for money and sells drugs.
And for Dik, Quinn is a cheerful person who is confused.
By the way, the more often I replay the game, the more I am convinced that a good ending will only be for the chicks. Whereas most likely the diks will have a bad end.
Chick MC is typical hero with positive qualities of character. Yes, he was fucking Riona and Camila, but he must fuck! He is human and he must be experienced in sex to properly deflower Jill.
But Dik MC is antihero without typical positive qualities and endowed with questionable and even bad qualities of character. He was fucking all girls and promiscuous in sex. He fights with other boys, cheat her girls and take a drug. He is bad boy and because Sage, Quinn, Jade and HOTs like him. The route of DIK is way of big risk.
A good plot twist will not even be the arrival of James, but the conditional arrest of MC or Quinn.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
I really hope that's a faulty assumption.
And the divergence between keeping her around as a LI for the Quinstans and removing her from the story when she gets the jail time every else knows she deserves... That's a tough set of paths to include in a single game/story.
As a fully paid-up Quinnstan, I take your point here. But reconciling the different, potentially polar opposite, attitudes to Quinn in the same game is already difficult. A while ago someone claimed that the MC hates Quinn, and my first reaction was to scoff as it seemed ridiculous. It was only later when I realised that if you're on the Maya/Josy path, that probably is the MC's attitude to Quinn! Yet it's totally different if you're pursuing her. There probably isn't another character in the game where the MC's feelings have diverged so dramatically.

But I don't think Quinn being a LI means she has to escape consequences, or that the only dev choice is to keep her around or remove her. (Whatever happens, I suspect she'll be there to the end). Consequences can still happen, it just means that the MC will be more or less sympathetic to her depending on if you've been pursuing her, and equally, more or less involved to some degree in those consequences. Holding those paths together will be tricky. I'm fascinated to see how DPC approaches it.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
when she gets the jail time every else knows she deserves
Whether she deserves it or not is ultimately irrelevant. There's no way to maintain the integrity of the plot if she gets nabbed. None of her actions were done in isolation. They were intertwined with half the cast. If she went down, then she'd take half the HOTs and several others with her.

Given the various peeks we've been given through cracks in her armour, it seems far more likely she'll be getting a redemption arc.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Whether she deserves it or not is ultimately irrelevant. There's no way to maintain the integrity of the plot if she gets nabbed. None of her actions were done in isolation. They were intertwined with half the cast. If she went down, then she'd take half the HOTs and several others with her.

Given the various peeks we've been given through cracks in her armour, it seems far more likely she'll be getting a redemption arc.
Ok... I probably should have expanded on that 'jail time' bit...
Getting arrested is one example of potential consequences. And I went with one of the less severe examples.
There are many potential comeuppances for the crap Quinn has pulled.
They run the gambit from fairly mild.. getting kicked from the HOTS, to kicked from B&R (to keep it quiet), etc. getting potentially worse as we go.
And keep in mind that in his last game, DPC burned to death one of two characters. Neither of whom could be described as deserving it (not that anyone deserves that fate).
So I think it's fair to say that watching Quinn get beaten to death by whomever the 'mystery person' is, is not off the table yet.

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
I think she will have a low point, certainly. I said in a post yesterday that my prediction is that she will overdose. But I don't think that will result in her death. Instead I think the MC will end up saving her and that opens up options for a redemption arc. She could also potentially be written out of the story at that point if the MC decides not to pursue things further. But I think she's too integral now to just disappear, regardless of whether she's a LI or not.

Reactions: Kellermann

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Ok... I probably should have expanded on that 'jail time' bit...
Getting arrested is one example of potential consequences. And I went with one of the less severe examples.
There are many potential comeuppances for the crap Quinn has pulled.
They run the gambit from fairly mild.. getting kicked from the HOTS, to kicked from B&R (to keep it quiet), etc. getting potentially worse as we go.
And keep in mind that in his last game, DPC burned to death one of two characters. Neither of whom could be described as deserving it (not that anyone deserves that fate).
So I think it's fair to say that watching Quinn get beaten to death by whomever the 'mystery person' is, is not off the table yet.
Jesus christ you have issues

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
She's one of those girls who want to enjoy the "College experience", she said this multiple times. We know what the College experience is like for girls.
She also did cheat on Maya whitout without much difficulty and didn't felt much remorse from it.
I'm changing my mind about her, but maybe she just succeed in fooling me too.
TO JOSY:unsure:

I thought the same thing for a while. But Josy has a big advantage over Maya. Josy has already had sexual experiences with boys and she has real feelings for the MC. That was already mentioned in the game. The reason why she had sex with the MC in EP2 became clear at her dinner. There are two answers to Josy's question if it was okay that Pete (father) cheated on her mother. To the MC's answer that it was indeed cheating, Josy replies that it may be a way out of her unhappiness. Josy was unhappy then, just as she was again in EP7. Josy and the MC's conversation after sex makes that clear. She hasn't been that happy in months. I also now assume that the MC must fuck the MC Josy in EP7 at the first opportunity. The decision whether the MC will have a romance or a fuck buddy with her will be made in EP5.

The drama that Josy could bring could be the following. The MC meets an ex-lover of Josy's whom he knows personally and who has been kept from the MC until now. Also, I think Josy has nymphomaniac tendencies.:eek:

TO MAYA:unsure:

With Maya, on the other hand, I'm more worried. The MC is the first boy she has had sex with. According to Maya. Now she may be curious because she hasn't had sex with any other boy before. But I even think that she has had sex with another man before without the MC knowing about it. Maya's question to the MC about whether all dicks are like his suggests something like that. The MC replies that he doesn't know and Maya replies how modest he is. It seems to me that she already has a comparison. This could also be the comparison to Derek's dick from EP1 when Derek is sitting naked on the bench with the MC.

TO SAGE:unsure:

If the MC is not Sage's fuck buddy, I could very well imagine a good ending for Sage and the MC. Sage probably always got her relationship with a guy as a fuck buddy and only then fell in love with the guy. But now the MC is different and that makes the MC interesting to Sage. She falls in love with the MC before they have sex together. He becomes a real friend with no sexual ulterior motives. Guess why Josy didn't tell Sage about her intimate relationship with the MC in EP7? I assume that Sage mentioned to Josy the feelings she has for the MC. You can see this in the way Sage looks at the MC when he first approaches her at the party in EP7. At this party, the decision is made for the romantic relationship with Sage, Quinn, or Josy. The magic word for this party is abandonment. To make it simple, let the MC fuck only the girl he should have a relationship with.

Reactions: hidden_robot

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Jesus christ you have issues
Emperor, not Savior.
Now that the bad joke is out of the way...

Okay... I'll bite. What 'issue' do I have?
And, before you answer, go back and re-read what you quoted.
I feel like you're reacting as if I said I wanted a particular thing to happen.
I did not.
All I did was list a few possibilities.
And point out that the author of this story did something really twisted in his last story. So, don't underestimate what could happen.

Reactions: `Ray`

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Interesting story options for Quinn.

Sage figures out what is going on and for the good of the HOTS decides to:

1. Call Quinn in for a private conversation. Telling Quinn that she knows everything that has been going on and that Quinn should take the best path and declare she has personal issues and to resign from the HOTS effective immediately. Nothing more will be said.

2. If Quinn does not take that option, Sage informs her that, all the evidence will be presented to the university where they will most likely take extreme action and expel her with the possibility of reporting it to the police.

3. Some time in the future, in a job interview, Sage is asked to give an example of how she solved a serious leadership problem.

4. Quinn shows up as an employee at the Pink Rose. :ROFLMAO:

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Speaking of the Pink Rose.

Josy should take on a job at the Pink Rose to support her girl and guy. Hey, Lily even noted she could do well there. :cool: :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes