ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It's a waste of time doing something that makes no difference in the end, those who don't use mods will continue to do so, people who want to cheat will find a way to do it even if it takes a while longer due to DPC coding.

Who cares if it breaks the game, let people play as they want. Of course it will cause problems but those are the problem of the player.

I don't mind playing without mods, specially now that I already know the game, but some people prefer it that way and maybe just want to fap so why bother them?
You really don't understand anything I said. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Redd23

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
No it isn't, read my post. :ROFLMAO:.
although he is aware of people might look into coding, that is why we has "fan Walkthrough", he might actually hide things from them. For example there was no Hidden " Flag" for a warning for : Bella will reject you if you let Cat suck MC's dick . :ROFLMAO:
But the modign is a different thing. IT's basically there to prevent peoples reporting bugs, and etc, that cause problem with the game, that they created by using a third party system, which is designed to break his system in the first place.

The peoples who show up here constantly ask for "when is the next release" are the same, who are in the very first moment when the episode arrive, ask for the full save, and immediately complain that they game is crashed and wont start etc etc. All becasue of their own fault. This is how it is wiht every new updatet:ROFLMAO:
Regardless the video is kinda still relevant :sneaky: for other reasons

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
That's not what it is. HE created a code, a System. What your "mod" does that you use, is simply breaking the game, the system he created, which itself cause problem to the game.
This is not his fight against cheating or way more importantly not the Game fault.
DPC has long had code which checks for the presence of mods and prevents the game running. In recent versions he's introduced increasingly stringent anti-mod checks.

He breaks ports or compressed versions which don't necessarily alter his game in any meaningful way. Modders/compressors/porters now have to do a bunch of extra work to disable DPCs anti-mod code for their releases to work.

So DPC is against modding of any description, regardless of whether the mods cause bugs or not.

No idea why, it might be he doesn't like dealing with complaints which are actually due to mods rather than the official game. But this seems unlikely, given he seemingly bans anyone who reveals they're running an unofficial version.

More likely he just doesn't like people messing with his game, because he's a control freak.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
DPC has long had code which checks for the presence of mods and prevents the game running. In recent versions he's introduced increasingly stringent anti-mod checks.

He breaks ports or compressed versions which don't necessarily alter his game in any meaningful way. Modders/compressors/porters now have to do a bunch of extra work to disable DPCs anti-mod code for their releases to work.

So DPC is against modding of any description, regardless of whether the mods cause bugs or not.

No Idea why, it might be he doesn't like dealing with complaints which are actually due to mods rather than the official game. But this seems unlikely, given he seemingly bans anyone who reveals they're running an unofficial version.

More likely he just doesn't like people messing with his game, because he's a control freak.
Interesting I didn't know that, thx for the information. (y)
Regardless I'm on his side on this one , so I don't think he should get any shit on him.
And that part is way more likely on this matter than the usual, he is a control freak, not that him being a control freak is actually a bad thing :ROFLMAO:.
not that I'm saying that if HE would be able to pay for denuvo he would not use it. :ROFLMAO:
But yeah in this modding shit, he just don't want to deal with the complaint I Fully support that. (y).

IF it was me, I would make sure that these " cheaters " somehow won't be able to finish the game:ROFLMAO:,

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

No Idea why, it might be he doesn't like dealing with complaints which are actually due to mods rather than the official game. But this seems unlikely, given he seemingly bans anyone who reveals they're running an unofficial version.

Interesting I didn't know that, thx for the information. (y)
Regardless I'm on his side on this one , so I don't think he should get any shit on him.
And that part is way more likely on this matter than the usual, he is a control freak, not that him being a control freak is actually a bad thing :ROFLMAO:.
not that I'm saying that if HE would be able to pay for denuvo he would not use it. :ROFLMAO:
But yeah in this modding shit, he just don't want to deal with the complaint I Fully support that. (y).

IF it was me, I would make sure that these " cheaters " somehow won't be able to finish the game:ROFLMAO:,
There are three ways that modding the game has been adversely handled:
  1. In episode 7 DPC has logic that explicitly looks for the existence of cheat mod files. If the game finds them, it exits immediately (that was the drama in that scene with Josy near the beginning that every second player asked for help with). The work around was to simply use the new mod which had different filenames.
  2. The other check that's been around for a while is to determine which platform the game is running on. If it's running on anything but a PC, it omits some random scenes (like the Jill shower scene) and it even resets various character stats. The work around was to install the cheat mod or simply search for "renpy.variant("pc"):" in the code and edit where appropriate.
  3. The third method is inherent in Renpy. Mods typically extend the length of the code, when you save the game it saves a pointer to the line in the code. If you attempt to continue a new episode it's very likely that the pointer is misaligned since the code has reverted back to the original length. The walk around is to install the new mod or just load a previous save that works and zip through to the new story.
The first two options are intentional by DPC and would have taken a few minutes to implement, so given the phenomenal time spent building the game, the time taken to add these speedbumps is insignificant, the last one would typically happen with any modded Renpy game.

As to why does DPC bother? Have you played AL? It's pretty obvious DPC likes to fuck with people. Can you recall how many people were crying over the game "crashing" in the Ep7 Josy scene? Fucking heaps. I'd say mission accomplished.

You'll never beat piracy, but there's no harm fucking with them.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
What does piracy have to do with modding? It's not like the mods would override any copy protection.
You're right, the mods aren't associated with piracy in this case since Renpy is so open, but reverse engineering games, bypassing securities, modding, pirating, they're all rolled into one basket pretty much.

Reactions: `Ray`

dmgab

Jun 25, 2019
Josy look alike

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
The devs for Serious Sam 3 did that way back when. If you played a pirated version, the game spawned a giant scorpion monster that was super fast and unkillable that would just attack you like crazy. It was hilarious to see people complaining to the devs for support and outing themselves are pirates.

It would be a bit funny to see DPC do something like that. Like, if the game recognizes mods or something, it uses an alternate set of scripts where its all pig latin or just nonsense dialogue or something.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
The devs for Serious Sam 3 did that way back when. If you played a pirated version, the game spawned a giant scorpion monster that was super fast and unkillable that would just attack you like crazy. It was hilarious to see people complaining to the devs for support and outing themselves are pirates.

It would be a bit funny to see DPC do something like that. Like, if the game recognizes mods or something, it uses an alternate set of scripts where its all pig latin or just nonsense dialogue or something.
Not exactly that but there was this in Episode 7 lol

Scrappy.png

AshySlashy;)

Formerly 'BirdBarclay'
May 2, 2020
Speaking of cheating... for some reason I always disable the minigames, and to me it certainly feels like I'm cheating "playing" without these. Mostly because for some It might seem kinda wrong to pay a girl for her special services with the same money that I found lying between her clothes inside her closet during a party on the main floor

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
There are three ways that modding the game has been adversely handled:
  1. In episode 7 DPC has logic that explicitly looks for the existence of cheat mod files. If the game finds them, it exits immediately (that was the drama in that scene with Josy near the beginning that every second player asked for help with). The work around was to simply use the new mod which had different filenames.
  2. The other check that's been around for a while is to determine which platform the game is running on. If it's running on anything but a PC, it omits some random scenes (like the Jill shower scene) and it even resets various character stats. The work around was to install the cheat mod or simply search for "renpy.variant("pc"):" in the code and edit where appropriate.
  3. The third method is inherent in Renpy. Mods typically extend the length of the code, when you save the game it saves a pointer to the line in the code. If you attempt to continue a new episode it's very likely that the pointer is misaligned since the code has reverted back to the original length. The walk around is to install the new mod or just load a previous save that works and zip through to the new story.
The first two options are intentional by DPC and would have taken a few minutes to implement, so given the phenomenal time spent building the game, the time taken to add these speedbumps is insignificant, the last one would typically happen with any modded Renpy game.

As to why does DPC bother? Have you played AL? It's pretty obvious DPC likes to fuck with people. Can you recall how many people were crying over the game "crashing" in the Ep7 Josy scene? Fucking heaps. I'd say mission accomplished.

You'll never beat piracy, but there's no harm fucking with them.
crashing the modded game was hilarious, I loved it. I wonder if there's a way to launch another game after the "crash", that would've been even better but I don't think it's possible with just Ren'Py

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes