shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
crashing the modded game was hilarious, I loved it. I wonder if there's a way to launch another game after the "crash", that would've been even better but I don't think it's possible with just Ren'Py
Not sure if you can launch other executables from Renpy, but in the same vein, DPC could have created a minutes worth of completely bullshit game experience to fuck with people who used the mod: Have Jill ring the mc up telling him she's just discovered she's his aunt and that they'll have to end their relationship, have Riona die in a house fire because she was too stoned to notice it until too late, and have Troy and Chad gang rape the mc over the blackmail pictures. :eek: And then end it with, "By the way, stop cheating, cunt!" :ROFLMAO:

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
Just got caught up with ep.7, was not expecting that cliffhanger. Can't wait till the next update.
Yeah I honestly feel sympathy towards him now. Not to mention that in the past few episodes he hasn't been that much of a dick towards the MC either.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
waste of time exactly what ? You don't think he exactly fight against cheating right ? :ROFLMAO:.
That's not what it is. HE created a code, a System. What your "mod" does that you use, is simply breaking the game, the system he created, which itself cause problem to the game.
This is not his fight against cheating or way more importantly not the Game fault. for example this "mode" allow you to change your affinity whenever you want it, but the game was not designed this way to play , so you essentially breaking the game's rule, so to speak.
These can cause bugs, and scenes won't be available , or the game crash, ect etc. But the key line is that this is not DPC problem, or fault. That is why he only say, that my game not compatible with these mods, you are free to do as you like , but he wont fix it if its crash, becasue its not his fault.
This is all, so there is no fight or anything. you just have to wait for the guys who created these mods, to update it for the current version. ;)
There are aspects of the MOD, such as infinite money, and changing affinity that I don’t think are necessary. Balancing money is easy enough, and managing major affinity is easy enough if you know what you’re going for.

That said, what I don’t think DPC really understands is the problem with character reputations and the conversational DiK/CHICK choices. Imagine missing one or two Jill rep points per Episode, so by the end of episode 7 you have 10 instead of 22, now episode 8 comes round and in order to bang Jill you need 15 rep. You’re now 30 hours into a play through, perhaps having tried to exclusively go after Jill, but because of a handful of conversational choices you’re now missing key scenes.

Same thing goes for the DiK/ CHICK choices, one to many sarcastic responses on your CHICK run and you miss the shower scene with Jill. This would be fine, except the length Of the game and the lack of clarity in the base version could create some incredibly frustrating experiences.

As someone else observed, it’s not like he doesn’t do the guide enabling people to know what choices have what consequences. It’s just being awkward to have it unavailable Through the MOD.

With that said I complete understand him not fixing crashes and bugs caused by the MOD. That’s not his responsibility. However actively writing code to block saves and crash the game is an ASSHOLE thing to do.

One solution would be for him to create something similar to the MOD that only unlocked after completing a run without it.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There are aspects of the MOD, such as infinite money, and changing affinity that I don’t think are necessary. Balancing money is easy enough, and managing major affinity is easy enough if you know what you’re going for.

That said, what I don’t think DPC really understands is the problem with character reputations and the conversational DiK/CHICK choices. Imagine missing one or two Jill rep points per Episode, so by the end of episode 7 you have 10 instead of 22, now episode 8 comes round and in order to bang Jill you need 15 rep. You’re now 30 hours into a play through, perhaps having tried to exclusively go after Jill, but because of a handful of conversational choices you’re now missing key scenes.

Same thing goes for the DiK/ CHICK choices, one to many sarcastic responses on your CHICK run and you miss the shower scene with Jill. This would be fine, except the length Of the game and the lack of clarity in the base version could create some incredibly frustrating experiences.

As someone else observed, it’s not like he doesn’t do the guide enabling people to know what choices have what consequences. It’s just being awkward to have it unavailable Through the MOD.

With that said I complete understand him not fixing crashes and bugs caused by the MOD. That’s not his responsibility. However actively writing code to block saves and crash the game is an ASSHOLE thing to do.

One solution would be for him to create something similar to the MOD that only unlocked after completing a run without it.
The problem is the modders alter the game experience.

Because people don't like having to choose, the modders let them have everything (like getting to party with Maya, Party with Sage and fuck Sarah).

Because people don't like missing out on shit, the modders let them have scenes that they wouldn't have received in the original game (like the Quinn rain scene if you're not a DIK or a bunch of other criteria).

I'm kinda surprised the walkthrough didn't delete the consequences of getting a blowjob from Cathy.

If the walkthrough mod simply gave you a bit of a heads up as to the known consequences of decisions, that's one thing, but actually changing the way the game was designed to be played, that'd be pretty annoying to DPC.

What surprises me is how scared some people are to play the game without mods or walkthrough. Just play the fucking game, enjoy the ride, and play it again some other time and choose differently.

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
Not sure if you can launch other executables from Renpy, but in the same vein, DPC could have created a minutes worth of completely bullshit game experience to fuck with people who used the mod: Have Jill ring the mc up telling him she's just discovered she's his aunt and that they'll have to end their relationship, have Riona die in a house fire because she was too stoned to notice it until too late, and have Troy and Chad gang rape the mc over the blackmail pictures. :eek: And then end it with, "By the way, stop cheating, cunt!" :ROFLMAO:
That is exactly the sort of shenanigans I kind of want DPC to do. It'd be amazing.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Because people don't like having to choose, the modders let them have everything (like getting to party with Maya, Party with Sage and fuck Sarah).

Because people don't like missing out on shit, the modders let them have scenes that they wouldn't have received in the original game (like the Quinn rain scene if you're not a DIK or a bunch of other criteria).

I'm kinda surprised the walkthrough didn't delete the consequences of getting a blowjob from Cathy.

If the walkthrough mod simply gave you a bit of a heads up as to the known consequences of decisions, that's one thing, but actually changing the way the game was designed to be played, that'd be pretty annoying to DPC.

What surprises me is how scared some people are to play the game without mods or walkthrough. Just play the fucking game, enjoy the ride, and play it again some other time and choose differently.
does it seem strange to you that one wants to play without 'nasty surprises'?

in the specific case of BADIK i don't think it makes much sense to use the mod, because the game has a very good replayability, maybe its best quality, and then there is so much time between updates that replaying it is the best way to prepare for the new chapter (it's time for the run "everyone hates Derek).

but in general avoiding dead ends is too strong a temptation for everyone. apart from pathological completionism, or a more or less unconscious masochism, is there any reason why a player would want to experience being dumped by Bella? (to follow your example)

then there are the new players who, between DPC's fame and the length of the game, prefer an 'assisted' guide at least on the first round

Honestly, I don't see a big "ethical" difference between using the mod and playing with the walkthrough in front of you and making a thousand saves.

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
does it seem strange to you that one wants to play without 'nasty surprises'?
Are you really playing the game, though? If you are using walkthrough mods? Because you're not really making any choices other than which girl to chase. It reduces the avn to being a kinetic novel spacebar simulator. Its not really a game at that point.

I don't really have a problem with mods. I use them for easy alt runs. But it is a really dumbed down experience that takes away the choices/gaming from the game.

Just my two cents.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Are you really playing the game, though? If you are using walkthrough mods? Because you're not really making any choices other than which girl to chase. It reduces the avn to being a kinetic novel spacebar simulator. Its not really a game at that point.

I don't really have a problem with mods. I use them for easy alt runs. But it is a really dumbed down experience that takes away the choices/gaming from the game.

Just my two cents.
When you play a game in 'easy' mode, are you playing it or not? I think so.

If we exclude particular runs (where for example you try to carry on a relationship with as many characters as possible or where you look for particular achievements) in the end the walkthough or the mod are of what use? since RPs have a very relative value, the only aspect in which they really help you is in having the right affinity at the right time, I would say that it does not impact so much on the gaming experience. (also to see every scene, but that for me is a relative added value, to see a scene of a story that doesn't interest me, at least in that run, doesn't seem to me an advantage)

Of course, if you need your every choice to be validated then the game experience is ruined.

I'll make an example: in the run for Maya and Josy you naturally tend to have CHICK behaviours and affinity, but one of the first scenes with Maya is precluded if you are massive Chick, now playing roleplay, you probably skip that scene and proceed further, knowing it (or for the mod or for the walkthough) you enjoy that too. i don't see any violence to the game

• Thinking Face
Reactions: tipsytopsy

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
When you play a game in 'easy' mode, are you playing it or not? I think so.

If we exclude particular runs (where for example you try to carry on a relationship with as many characters as possible or where you look for particular achievements) in the end the walkthough or the mod are of what use? since RPs have a very relative value, the only aspect in which they really help you is in having the right affinity at the right time, I would say that it does not impact so much on the gaming experience. (also to see every scene, but that for me is a relative added value, to see a scene of a story that doesn't interest me, at least in that run, doesn't seem to me an advantage)

Of course, if you need your every choice to be validated then the game experience is ruined.

I'll make an example: in the run for Maya and Josy you naturally tend to have CHICK behaviours and affinity, but one of the first scenes with Maya is precluded if you are massive Chick, now playing roleplay, you probably skip that scene and proceed further, knowing it (or for the mod or for the walkthough) you enjoy that too. i don't see any violence to the game
I'll clarify because I think I've written in a confused manner.

the only real and 100% gaming experience would be playing without knowing anything and never going back after any decision and carrying on a single save.

That's the only way to really experience the game

any other solution means to turn the story, everyone chooses how far they want to go.

there are players who are fine with unlocking the gallery and enjoying every scene

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

imo, it's useless to make walkthroughs for games in progress because any decision you make can have consequences 2 updates later when you already forgot what you did, that's why walkthrough mods turn into "walkthrough + cheats + gallery unlocker" mods instead of only giving a walkthrough

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
imo, it's useless to make walkthroughs for games in progress because any decision you make can have consequences 2 updates later when you already forgot what you did, that's why walkthrough mods turn into "walkthrough + cheats + gallery unlocker" mods instead of only giving a walkthrough
you are certainly right

as in the case of the passage to Cathe, or the dick pic

always86

Mar 19, 2020

I don't entirely disagree with you. My first run through or two of new chapters are usually mod free since I do them before the mod is updated. These are normally on my neutral and DIK playthroughs, and maybe CHICK if i'm missing something there.

I agree, i'd like a mod that didn't unlock scenes that should be unavailable on the run you are doing.

Essentially what I really want is one that tells you the plus/ minus points on choices but doesnt do anything else. Which as I said I think DPC should do himself and have locked behind a clearthrough without it. The game is much to big and time consuming to be precious about these things especiall when he spends a week after launch writing a guide, two thirds of which he wouldn't need if he included this type of mod.

yourdaddy545411

Jan 12, 2021
I am stuck at a point can anyone help? I am stuck at English test Just after clicking a selfie with lily i got a traceback. Can please anyone help

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Yeah I honestly feel sympathy towards him now. Not to mention that in the past few episodes he hasn't been that much of a dick towards the MC either.
And that's how DPC gets you. He did the same song and dance routine with Quinn in ep. 6 for a lot of people. I have to admit that he is pretty good at making players feel sympathetic towards previously hated characters. Fortunately, ol' Kellermann doesn't fall for that bullshit so easily. I've spent countless hours playing his games, so I'm like a Hutt at this point. Those Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, no sir. My guard is constantly up because I know if DPC ever entices me down a particularly intriguing or seductive path, that means he often intends to bring it crashing down on me later.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
:whistle:

View attachment 1400793

But I guess, he'll have to find out something else for Chad & Troy. Unless you go both ways :unsure:
:LOL: I actually just played that scene with Quinn yesterday on my revised manwhore save. I always chuckle to myself when DPC gives me the Vag/Anal choice. I'm like, really DPC? Surely you should know me better by now. :poop: And Quinn's nose wasn't the only thing beat up and sore after that night. Hate fuck for the win.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes