shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
  • I like Arieth: She's dumb, but she's fun (and probably full of cum). :sneaky:
  • I like Ashley: She's such a good girl. :giggle:
  • I like Becky: That is to say, I like my dick in her mouth. :sneaky:
  • I like Bella: And please don't tell her otherwise, axes don't go well with my face. :eek:
  • I like Beth: When she tipped her drink over the mc, I knew it was love at first sight. :love:
  • I like Brandi: Hell, she could have spent some one-on-one time with the mc in the VIP room (instead we got the Madame :sick:)
  • I like Cammy: Specifically her ass, but the rest of Cammy too. :sneaky:
  • I like Cathy: I just wish she was more careful with her underwear! :mad:
  • I like Elena: She's growing on me, so I'd like to return the favour. :)
  • I like Heather: She used to piss me off, but we had a good talk. :cool:
  • I like Jade: What the fuck is wrong with Burke!? :mad:
  • I like Jill: There's work to be done, but we'll get there in the end. :rolleyes:
  • I like Josy: If only this girl next door actually lived next door! :sneaky:
  • I like Karen: I don't even know why, but there you go. o_O
  • I like Lilly: Such a cocky bitch rolled up into such a tiny frame. ;)
  • I like Lynette: Hey, I only said I liked her, what's wrong with that? :oops:
  • I like Maya: At least she makes a good first impression. :p
  • I like Mel: That spa scene was so much fun. :sneaky:
  • I like Mona: So sad she's gone. :cry:
  • I like Nicole: Flew too high too fast, I don't know if we'll see much of her again. :cry:
  • I like Quinn: That's right, I do. :cool:
  • I like Riona: Please don't die! :eek:
  • I like Rose: Maybe one day she'll tell us what the mc got up to that first fateful trip to the Pink Rose. :unsure:
  • I like Sage: Sex with her is the most fun. :love:
  • I like Sally: And that slap in the face only cemented it! :geek:
  • I like Sandy: What's wrong with y'all, where's the Sandy love!? :love:
  • I like Sarah: If she'd just stop asking for fucking money all the time. :mad:
  • I like Zoey: Will she be back? :unsure:

But you don't have to like them all if you don't want to, just saying... ;)

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
If she really was the worst character in the game, would you have written that diatribe about her? Your evident hatred of the character, contrasted with the reactions of those of us who like her, suggests DPC has actually been pretty successful with Quinn's character development. She's polarising, as she was designed to be. And whilst I take your point that she may not be a complex villain on the scale of classics from other media, I think a fair view of things would lead most to agree she's one of the more complex characters in this game.

There also seems to be a contradiction in your conception of who she is: at various points in your comment, Quinn is just a "two bit villain with a flimsy story", whilst at others she's "done far more to antagonize us than Tybalt." I'm not sure she can be both of those things. Nor can you fairly blame Quinn, per se, for what you see as a lack of an appropriate reaction from the MC.

Look, you're entitled to your view and to hate the character. What I dislike in some comments, (not necessarily yours although maybe there is an undercurrent of it) is this idea that fans of Quinn are somehow objectively "wrong" to like her, or that she doesn't warrant any fandom. It's like it's not enough for someone to just hate her, they have to convince everyone else to hate her too, and it annoys them that anyone would like her at all. What seems to have kicked this up a gear in recent episodes is DPC's gradual and deliberate softening of the character and the budding romance with the MC, which has definitely seen a rise in her fanbase as a result. I would expect this to only intensify in future episodes. My view, and it is only my view, is that a lot of Quinn haters are mostly people who haven't reconciled themselves to the fact that DPC has bigger plans for the character than simply as a bitchy antagonist. It's their right to continue to dismiss her as a "two bit villain", but don't get mad at those of us who see her as more than that.
Yes to this!

I would also suggest that some people, myself included, are a bit schizophrenic in our approach to Quinn, depending on the playthrough. In my playthrough with Maya and Josy, for example, I hate Quinn. I think she's nasty, petty, and vicious. On my DIK playthrough, the one where I essentially let my johnson do all my thinking, I am leery of her still, but she's too hot to keep away. I recognize that she's trouble, but I just can't say no.

C'mon, Quinn haters: haven't you ever been attracted to someone who was bad for you?

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
Yes, the dev decided it wasn't worth earning 40 to 70k a month without needing to put on pants and went back to minimum wage work stacking shelves in his local supermarket
True, I just hacked into his local supermarket's CCTV and found him. Here's the footage.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
If she really was the worst character in the game, would you have written that diatribe about her? Your evident hatred of the character, contrasted with the reactions of those of us who like her, suggests DPC has actually been pretty successful with Quinn's character development. She's polarising, as she was designed to be. And whilst I take your point that she may not be a complex villain on the scale of classics from other media, I think a fair view of things would lead most to agree she's one of the more complex characters in this game.

There also seems to be a contradiction in your conception of who she is: at various points in your comment, Quinn is just a "two bit villain with a flimsy story", whilst at others she's "done far more to antagonize us than Tybalt." I'm not sure she can be both of those things. Nor can you fairly blame Quinn, per se, for what you see as a lack of an appropriate reaction from the MC.

Look, you're entitled to your view and to hate the character. What I dislike in some comments, (not necessarily yours although maybe there is an undercurrent of it) is this idea that fans of Quinn are somehow objectively "wrong" to like her, or that she doesn't warrant any fandom. It's like it's not enough for someone to just hate her, they have to convince everyone else to hate her too, and it annoys them that anyone would like her at all. What seems to have kicked this up a gear in recent episodes is DPC's gradual and deliberate softening of the character and the budding romance with the MC, which has definitely seen a rise in her fanbase as a result. I would expect this to only intensify in future episodes. My view, and it is only my view, is that a lot of Quinn haters are mostly people who haven't reconciled themselves to the fact that DPC has bigger plans for the character than simply as a bitchy antagonist. It's their right to continue to dismiss her as a "two bit villain", but don't get mad at those of us who see her as more than that.
I agree, but there is one thing I would like for all of you to remember in the future. Just replace the word " Quinn " to "Maya" . :ROFLMAO:. and may be with that the two side can finally make peace:ROFLMAO:.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I see that some Quinn fans are still unable (or unwilling) to understand why she is hated by others, and have now convinced themselves that people don't like Quinn because she is a villain/bitch or that she offends some people's delicate sensibilities.

What a load of horseshit that is.

I don't hate Quinn because she is a bitch; I hate her because we aren't allowed to treat her like the bitch she is. Just take a moment to compare her to Tybalt. There's a night and day difference between how the two are handled by the game. You can punch Tybalt in the face, hit him in the nuts, knock his teeth out, and fuck his mother. What can you do to Quinn? You can tell her to eat shit and immediately get laughed at for it. That's about it. It's pathetic. Quinn has done far more to antagonize us than Tybalt, but she gets the kiddie glove treatment.

We've had several perfect opportunities to retaliate against Quinn by ruining her schemes, but the game just won't let us do it. Instead, we get these awful moments like the one where the MC tells Maya that she can't trust Quinn because she is evil but won't explain why. Shit like that is why Quinn is a terrible character that deserves all the hate she gets.

I can hardly believe that people are trying to compare Quinn to classic villains from other media. It's almost as big of a joke as Quinn is. Honestly, who in the game is afraid of Quinn? It's not Maya, as she just slapped Quinn in front of all of the HOTs. It's not Josy, who effortlessly played Quinn like a fiddle when they first met. It's not Sage, who cowed Quinn into submission when Quinn suggested that Sage ask her folks for money. It's not Lily, who openly mocked Quinn when Quinn was trying to intimidate Mona. It could possibly be Mona, although she and Camilla both went against Quinn's orders and were banging the MC for free, so it's more likely that Mona was afraid of Stephen Burke rather than Quinn. I guess that just leaves Riona, who was slapped into submission by Quinn once. What an impressive feat that was. Every bit as badass a scene as when Vader found that one dudes lack of faith disturbing.

Quinn is not a complex villain. She is the most basic bitch you could possibly put into a game. She's mean to others because she comes from a broken home. How original. She acts tough but is secretly insecure. What a surprise. I can't wait to learn the next shockingly unpredictable secret about her.

Quinn is so pathetic that she can barely be considered a villain. She's a painfully incompetent moron who has betrayed every single person who has ever trusted her, and is now sad that she has nobody to turn to. And we are supposed to pity this two bit bully because she got mugged by another junkie who stole her stash? Why? I thought it was hilarious. I just wish that the MC was allowed to think so too. Instead, we get stuck rushing to her aid no matter what choices we make in the game.

Quinn is the worst character in the game. Her stupid plot is so flimsy that it requires other characters to be dumbed down to ridiculous levels. MC can't tell Maya or Sage about Quinn whoring out the HOTs. Maya can't ask Sage about the free tuition. Sage has had her head so far up her own ass that she somehow missed that half of her sorority members were turning tricks.

In every possible way, Quinn is trash. She was supposed to be a character that people love to hate, but there's nothing about her to love. And we aren't even allowed to actually hate her in the game because she's the writer's pet. Quinn sucks (mostly Stephen's dick, but also just in general). That's why her fans are so often in denial about her. I've seen some of them claim that she doesn't use hard drugs, despite the fact that we've seen her nodding off with a needle in her arm. Another post once claimed that she was the safest girl to have unprotected sex with, because we all know that needle sharing smack whores are clean as a whistle. It's hilarious watching them post nonsense and then claim that everyone else just doesn't understand her like they do. It's almost as funny as when they make death threats against anyone who insults their precious waifu, which is also a thing that happened here once.
Uh on, they're not gonna like this one.

Sep 9, 2021
While we're talking about Quinn, I'm gonna bring back this fanart about possible Quinn ending

View attachment 1407214
I am leaving the game dude. :ROFLMAO:

Yes to this!

I would also suggest that some people, myself included, are a bit schizophrenic in our approach to Quinn, depending on the playthrough. In my playthrough with Maya and Josy, for example, I hate Quinn. I think she's nasty, petty, and vicious. On my DIK playthrough, the one where I essentially let my johnson do all my thinking, I am leery of her still, but she's too hot to keep away. I recognize that she's trouble, but I just can't say no.

C'mon, Quinn haters: haven't you ever been attracted to someone who was bad for you?
what is going on here, , ,, dick never think man.:ROFLMAO:
your are saying, i like her when i could be my self and give no flying f.

My good man, you're not even wrong about that. We just haven't seen that side of Maya yet.:unsure:

Maya will take over everything from Quinn except for the drug business. Guess why she was with Burke? Watch out if Maya herself spread the rumor of the free tuition. If the only one to enjoy the free tuition is the HOT's president. Sagge probably doesn't need it and gives the tuition to her VP. Except Quinn is currently VP. Maya spreads the rumor, joins the HOT's and plays the weak girl who is bullied by Quinn. Sage takes on Maya and makes Maya her replacement. Sage tells Maya it's going to take a long time and Maya ends up grinning rather cheekily.:cool:
i have read few of your comments. you are full of surprises. (y)

Last edited:

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I agree, but there is one thing I would like for all of you to remember in the future. Just replace the word " Quinn " to "Maya" . :ROFLMAO:. and may be with that the two side can finally make peace:ROFLMAO:.
can I make another suggestion? you can just insert the name of the girl you don't like here and you don't have to write walls of text

I can't believe Maya Quinn is in this game. Why would DPC force Maya Quinn down our throat by putting Maya Quinn in this game? Scenes with girls who are not Maya Quinn are fine because it is a VN and they are part of the story but Maya Quinn has a scene and I can't believe he would shove Maya Quinn down our throats by having scenes with Maya Quinn. Why are there scenes with Maya Quinn? Maya Quinn fans will defend Maya Quinn being in the game because they are obsessed with Maya Quinn unlike me who is not obsessed with Maya Quinn. Maya Quinn.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
My good man, you're not even wrong about that. We just haven't seen that side of Maya yet.:unsure:

Maya will take over everything from Quinn except for the drug business. Guess why she was with Burke? Watch out if Maya herself spread the rumor of the free tuition. If the only one to enjoy the free tuition is the HOT's president. Sage probably doesn't need it and gives the tuition to her VP. Except Quinn is currently VP. Maya spreads the rumor, joins the HOT's and plays the weak girl who is bullied by Quinn. Sage takes on Maya and makes Maya her replacement. Sage tells Maya it's going to take a long time and Maya ends up grinning rather cheekily.:cool:

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

Maya will take over everything from Quinn except for the drug business. Guess why she was with Burke? Watch out if Maya herself spread the rumor of the free tuition. If the only one to enjoy the free tuition is the HOT's president. Sagge probably doesn't need it and gives the tuition to her VP. Except Quinn is currently VP. Maya spreads the rumor, joins the HOT's and plays the weak girl who is bullied by Quinn. Sage takes on Maya and makes Maya her replacement. Sage tells Maya it's going to take a long time and Maya ends up grinning rather cheekily.:cool:
Sage will take Maya to talk with Quinn about what happen it turns into a long talk and Quinn and Maya become best friends thanks to Sage who she now good friends with. Then somewhere in the talk Quinn pulls out some weed and ask Sage and Maya if they want to smoke. Sage agrees because of all the shit going on. Maya at first doesn't want to but gives in because she doesn't to hurt Quinn. After a few smokes Quinn starts looking good to Maya Sage already does because she Sage:LOL:. The other two start getting horny as well and Sage, Quinn and Maya start making out leading to a crazy high AF 3some. Meanwhile Josy and Mc keep wondering what it is they are hearing only to end up walking in on them right as Maya squirts all over Sage and Quinn causing Maya to pass out unaware that Josy an Mc are in the room.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the game.

I wrote my own guide first because I find Being a DIK interesting and because the official one is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, this document will answer your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it.
Good game to you!

You can read it and download it (40MB) on

Summer has been busy and the guide expanded with new content!
  • Added Rewards list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • Added Wallpapers list with the details on how to unlock them.
  • DIK house makeover” guide allows you to achieve the minigame without having to keep reloading your save.
  • Made Special events timeline now clickable.
  • The most convoluted parts have been edited and many info sections written.
To moderators: I would be grateful if you could add the link inside the opening post.
Was preparing some CHICK road save; and big praise to Casiope for the excellent fan made Walkthrough who was recently updated, super clean and more complete than the official (and can be text-searchable!), definitely deserve a link in the opening post for visibility.

(y)

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Yes, the dev decided it wasn't worth earning 40 to 70k a month without needing to put on pants and went back to minimum wage work stacking shelves in his local supermarket
I think the more corect answer would've been like... The dev decided that he is in no need to rush thingz cuz muney is still flowing in even if i give them sukers 2 updates per year...

snax23

May 12, 2020
I have no ambitions to become a game dev, but it'd be cool to have some more insight into how these games are made.

Punk01

Sep 12, 2021
Welcome aboard!

If you haven't played Depraved Awakening yet, you should give it a try. That was PhillyGames's first AVN, prior to CoBD. It's quite good and is complete.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I forgot to mention it, but I've already played through that game after I finished CoBD.
I found here the next 3 chapter of CoBD, so now i'm just trying to pick the pace again, because last when i've played that game was 1 year ago...

Back to our main subject, I enjoyed both, but to be honest, I feel like DPC’s games are on a different level. I feels like the sexuality is just a secondary thing in his games, and he puts more effort to the story itself which i really like.

Reactions: ename144

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I really hope Maya develops further since we got rid of the endless tuition plot. So far everyone showed some growth, expecting the same feom her. She's on the right path too, discovering her sexuality is not actually one sided, but two.
Still, she doesn't pique my interest tbh. For the good girl category, there's Josy and hopefully Jill will also bring something to the table :Kappa:gotta admit I got bored of white knight in shining armor types, but hey, some people like that type, nothing wrong with it

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes