Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I think the mistake here was, that DPC try to lead us into a fake direction, with that Random guy, searching for his daughter. I think it backfired.
So your saying that he kind of pulled it off with like the library thing? Like it's mentioned once and it's never ever mentioned again. But what would make him back off the original plan with Sage's father though? The library thing is understandable, he realized it might way too dark for the theme of the game and now pretends it didn't happen, which makes me wonder who he originally planned as Sage's dad.

We can assume the manbun guy as a red herring that was supposed to throw us off the trail (he even had the matching hair, ffs) and ultimately that achieved the thing DPC intended to do. That being said, Sage's description of her dad REALLY doesn't fit with the Stephen that we came to know. Sure, maybe he's a completely different person behind closed doors, but for now with no proof it's just a theory.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
sa "Everyone's so fucking fake and my dad even showed up tonight."
mc "Your dad's here?"
sa "Ugh... Yeah. That's why I'm not downstairs and have turned off my phone. I'm avoiding him."
sa "He's just here looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses. It makes me sick."

I assume you mean this

aside from the fact that we know Burke was there, how does this dialogue and the whole situation make more sense with him being the stepfather?

we never see him talking to any other "adult" besides Jade so the question of Sage's awkwardness can't be traced back to him (in fact a lot of people were pointing to the man with the bun who actually seemed intent on looking for business partners), so if what Sage says was supposed to be a clue it doesn't frame Burke

since the HOTs are around I think Burke knows Sage should be around, so avoiding him only creates a displeasure, an offense. if Burke was a visiting parent only that night, avoiding him makes sense, instead so she disrespects a person she will then potentially see every other day in college

then there is the general contradiction between the gratitude that Sage says she has towards her adoptive parents and the fact that she always speaks badly of them and in a negative tone (a love like Josy's for Maya...)
You’re assuming their behaviour is based solely on what they saw that night.

She may be avoiding him because of other, similar, events. Basing her desire to avoid him off of that. Conversely he may be ok with her being MIA because this isn’t his first rodeo. He knows she is uncomfortable so doesn’t question it.

It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility she’s grown up with these sorts of events. She would have ample time to form a general opinion of her father’s behaviour at fundraisers/parties. Their respective behaviours relative to one another could stem from more than what they witness that night.

Also, Burke has a significant lack of screen time at that party. I think man bun was a red herring and showing Burke engaging in the same behaviour would dilute that. Manbun was too on the money to be a coincidence.

I do agree she is overly critical of them and doesn’t even mention her mother. It is odd but their existence has been purposely obfuscated. Maybe she will be be more grateful now it’s all out in the open.

To be honest we all know the real reason she avoided him and he didn’t think to look for her. It was to preserve the reveal they were related. He stretched plausibility to hide the reveal. It’s not utterly absurd writing in my opinion… it’s a plausible personality trait that Burke is a suck up (Jade goes on and on about it, his fake titles and obsession with status. There’s groundwork here). The totally avoiding each other might be an overreaction but it’s plausible and I will reserve full judgment if it was worth it based on this meeting which aims to be the payoff for hiding who her parents were.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think the mistake here was, that DPC try to lead us into a fake direction, with that Random guy, searching for his daughter. I think it backfired.
that's ok, it's legitimate and funny. it would have been better to see Burke shaking hands and talking to some gentlemen. instead we only see him mistreated first by Jade and then by Mona

on the one hand he is described as a rich man who can do almost anything, but for Sage he is the last of the financial advisors looking for people to rip off.

the problem for me is that the relationship between Sage and his parents is full of clichés but conflicting with each other, Jade and Burke don't seem to be anafective people who find it hard to talk about feelings, let's think about how Jade confides in MC after the fight with Maya, and yet for Sage they are. but she is very grateful to him, but at the same time she is ashamed of her father and avoids him, thus blatantly disrespecting him.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
So your saying that he kind of pulled it off with like the library thing? Like it's mentioned once and it's never ever mentioned again. But what would make him back off the original plan with Sage's father though? The library thing is understandable, he realized it might way too dark for the theme of the game and now pretends it didn't happen, which makes me wonder who he originally planned as Sage's dad.

We can assume the manbun guy as a red herring that was supposed to throw us off the trail (he even had the matching hair, ffs) and ultimately that achieved the thing DPC intended to do. That being said, Sage's description of her dad REALLY doesn't fit with the Stephen that we came to know. Sure, maybe he's a completely different person behind closed doors, but for now with no proof it's just a theory.
The only thing that I can think of, is He try to give us some kind of false security, for a Haha "gotcha moment". Maybe He does indeed still here and reads us, read our theories, and our theories are pretty spot on. He may won't change his story because of this, but he clearly tried to do a miss direction here. Sage being related to Burke, was brought up very early here. And then out of nowhere, there is this Random guy, who is perfectly fit to Sage description about her father, only to go back to the original idea of Burke being her Father, Well, StepFather.

He might do the same thing with Bella and the Library scene, seemingly throwing out, never mentioned it again, and then he just bring it back up. :unsure:.

I feel like sometimes less is more. And in the Case of Sage, he should definitely, not do this game, because it Backfired a bit. Logically, it made some holes in the story. Becasue as you said, it does not Fit to the Burke we know. But without That Guy, it would not be this big of a deal. It might still not fit the Burke we know, but we would not feel, that he created a random person, just for Sage's description.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
He stretched plausibility to hide the reveal. It’s not utterly absurd writing in my opinion…
Well, Sage needed a reason to be in Tybalts room, apart from that there would have been no problem at all with the reveal of Sage's adoptive father in ep8... Think using the father excuse to be in the room just complicated it all.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You’re assuming their behaviour is based solely on what they saw that night.

She may be avoiding him because of other, similar, events. Basing her desire to avoid him off of that. Conversely he may be ok with her being MIA because this isn’t his first rodeo. He knows she is uncomfortable so doesn’t question it.

It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility she’s grown up with these sorts of events. She would have ample time to form a general opinion of her father’s behaviour at fundraisers/parties. Their respective behaviours relative to one another could stem from more than what they witness that night.

Also, Burke has a significant lack of screen time at that party. I think man bun was a red herring and showing Burke engaging in the same behaviour would dilute that. Manbun was too on the money to be a coincidence.

I do agree she is overly critical of them and doesn’t even mention her mother. It is odd but their existence has been purposely obfuscated. Maybe she will be be more grateful now it’s all out in the open.

To be honest we all know the real reason she avoided him and he didn’t think to look for her. It was to preserve the reveal they were related. He stretched plausibility to hide the reveal. It’s not utterly absurd writing in my opinion… it’s a plausible personality trait that Burke is a suck up (Jade goes on and on about it, his fake titles and obsession with status. There’s groundwork here). The totally avoiding each other might be an overreaction but it’s plausible and I will reserve full judgment if it was worth it based on this meeting which aims to be the payoff for hiding who her parents were.
To me it seems like the classic complications that DPC looks for itself (as with the loan)

if Sage had said that she had met her father but then left him alone because he had many people to talk to about work, narratively nothing would have changed.

instead DPC puts a sentence in her mouth that doesn't identify Burke at all, it's something more than a red herring... it's a scam

BADIK is a narrative too dilated in time to be justified at the end. in the next chapter, in the meeting with Maya, she will be the center of attention, i don't know how much space will be given to Sage's family relationships (if we will be there or like Mc we will be locked out waiting for the verdict)

Reactions: ChipLecsap

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
that's ok, it's legitimate and funny. it would have been better to see Burke shaking hands and talking to some gentlemen. instead we only see him mistreated first by Jade and then by Mona

on the one hand he is described as a rich man who can do almost anything, but for Sage he is the last of the financial advisors looking for people to rip off.

the problem for me is that the relationship between Sage and his parents is full of clichés but conflicting with each other, Jade and Burke don't seem to be anafective people who find it hard to talk about feelings, let's think about how Jade confides in MC after the fight with Maya, and yet for Sage they are. but she is very grateful to him, but at the same time she is ashamed of her father and avoids him, thus blatantly disrespecting him.
From Sage's side, it really looks hypocritical. On the one hand, she avoids her father and shows obvious disrespect for him. She tries to be independent and doesn't ask for money. But on the other hand, he immediately runs to them for help for Maya's sake. And she's going to lick ass like her father did. I don't know if this is a deliberate contradiction of Sage or a mistake of DPC. Perhaps in the future it will turn out that Sage got along quite badly with Burke and even knew that he was cheating on Jade (she suspected that Melanie or Sarah were hiding something from her) and hence such disrespect and even contempt for him.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
From Sage's side, it really looks hypocritical. On the one hand, she avoids her father and shows obvious disrespect for him. She tries to be independent and doesn't ask for money. But on the other hand, he immediately runs to them for help for Maya's sake. And she's going to lick ass like her father did. I don't know if this is a deliberate contradiction of Sage or a mistake of DPC. Perhaps in the future it will turn out that Sage got along quite badly with Burke and even knew that he was cheating on Jade (she suspected that Melanie or Sarah were hiding something from her) and hence such disrespect and even contempt for him.
I wouldn't say immediately... it took her 2 chapters to understand Maya's problem, without yet having framed Quinn's responsibilities

the ridiculous issue is that Jade, as the one who is committed to the issue of equality and discrimination, and Burke, as the figurehead in the college, are the first two people Maya should have turned to for her problem.

the fact that Sage is there to present the case is pretty useless, it only serves narrative purposes for the awesome "fuck fuck fuck" moment.

Juca Alves

Apr 24, 2018
My game does not start via the executable. Does anyone have any tips on what it could be? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
My game does not start via the executable. Does anyone have any tips on what it could be? Thanks to anyone who can help me.
The .exe should work unless any malware programs remove them, some of them don't like renpy... Or if you don't have the complete versions but only the update... Or using some faulty mod with a bad .exe file. Can't think of anything else right now...

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
However the sentence "He's just here looking for new business opportunities" makes no sense, Burke doesn't do business, he was there to get sponsors.
No for Burke looking for sponsor is buisness. He does so because of his position and most likely in order to win some sort of reputation.
Wich lead to ...
... the big difference between what Sage and her father do. While you can say they're doing the same thing the reason why the do so is so dramatically opposed that it can be see as different.

On my part I didn't see anything on chapter 8 that made no sense, we just discover more of Sage. At first Sage seems to be the typical "stupid head cheerleader" (even Bella and Jill get trick by that) then you discover that she take her studies very seriously. On chapter 8 you discover why, and why she does care so much about the HOT (who are also supposed to be a familly even if it's not the same as the DIK), all of that while remaining the girl crazy enought to jump in a threesome with her bestfriend. In fact what striked me (and surprise me) the more was how lonely Sage seem to be.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Other option was that Melanie was Chad's sidechick, but last episode proved that theory wrong. So something weird is going on there, but I believe that she is Troy's sister and she's playing cover for them.
Something is going on, but I'm ont convinced that it's weird. Those two clearly knew that Chad's other partner was male, and they were hiding *that* from Sage because they didn't know how she would handle it. Sarah even says that if she was in that position she would rather not know, and that's why she won't tell Sage. That's an automatic conflict of loyalties because you want to be honest with your friends, but you also don't want to hurt them.

As to how and why they found out, I don't think it matters. It could be that they're related but I see no reason to assume it. You could be onto something though, if Sarah has been *pretending* - to others - that Chad's cheating on Sage with her, to cover for the fact that he's really seeing Troy...

Reactions: dalli_x and Meushi

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Burke doesn't do business, he was there to get sponsors.
Finding sponsors and donors for the college *is his business*. That's literally part of his job.

Also, many people who make money from stock market dealings, think of "I need to hobnob with these rich guys and see if they have any inside information on my next killing" as a business opportunity. I'd call it an investment opportunity, not business - but Burke,apparently, wouldn't.

Anthony11553

Feb 9, 2020
i've finally figured out the true meanning of feminism, raise the boy to be an asshole and raise the girl to be good so women look better by default, 90000 iq plan

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
No for Burke looking for sponsor is buisness. He does so because of his position and most likely in order to win some sort of reputation.
It's about how you say things, saying you are looking for business opportunities while you are looking for sponsors is not something that generates the reputation Burke is after nor his stature. It would make sense if he had said something that includes the importance of his attendence to do the necessary maintaining of his social network with upperclass to assure B&R the necessary funds to educate the next generation.... Ofcourse that is certainly over the top but nevertheless he would never do just business.... ;) in his case he would be looking for valuable contacts or something like that...

Last edited:

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
What would be the problem if Tara was Leon's sister?

we hardly ever talk to her and if we have sex with her we don't even know it's her....

anyway she is surely related to someone, the surprise would be the opposite
Who gives a fk about Leon anyway? MC would bang his sister with or without his approval, the only DIK's that kinda matter are Rusty, Tommy, MC and Derek. The others are just there imo

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Juca Alves

Apr 24, 2018
The .exe should work unless any malware programs remove them, some of them don't like renpy... Or if you don't have the complete versions but only the update... Or using some faulty mod with a bad .exe file. Can't think of anything else right now...
Thanks for answering. My game is complete, when I downloaded it it worked and suddenly it doesn't open anymore. I will download again.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes