Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
It's so crazy that it sounds believable and if it happens you can say you're the first to say it
But every dalli_x theory sounds like that. He focuses on something, or thinks he's seeing a reflection in the eye of a character and pulling stuff out. If dalli_x was the storywriter and DPC was only a renderer/programmer, everyone would be related to each other, multiple villains would be undercover agents trying to bring each other down and the story would have so many swerves that we never would see the end of it. :Kappa:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Now slow down!!!

I never wrote that everyone is related to B&R. I was just trying or looking for who might be related to MC. There is a difference. And the likelihood of MC meeting a relative at B&R is very high. :rolleyes:

Just mentioning that Neil has his fun, that MC should always use condoms, and that Neil had something with another woman a year before Lynette are strong clues.(y)

Thought Process: :coffee::unsure:
What if Neil overdid it with his fun? D9 also has another meaning, and a passage from Lynette's diary may indicate this. It says that Lynette's mother doesn't want to be in that place either, but has come to terms with it. What if Lynette's mother had consoled herself with Neil a year earlier and a child had been born? What if Lynette's mother was also Rusty's mother? Then Lynette and Rusty would be siblings and Rusty would be both MC's uncle and brother. Interesting. That would also explain young Neil's resemblance to Rusty.
Neil, Rusty, Derek and John Boy, all look like each other which is incredibly weird beyond logical explanation. But if Neil really fathered another child, it's going to be Nicole's kid. That's why he always warns MC to wear a condom, but hey he might be the next one to knock up Nicole. :Kappa:

As for who is related to MC, IMO it's going to be Rusty. He's either Lynette's brother or first cousin or something like that. Now I don't remember if Rusty and Neil ever met, but there's probably no way of Neil knowing Rusty beforehand if Lynette ran away with him.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Also, Burke has a significant lack of screen time at that party. I think man bun was a red herring and showing Burke engaging in the same behaviour would dilute that. Manbun was too on the money to be a coincidence.
I think that's the heart of the issue. DPC let the needs of the twist override proper establishment of Sage's relationship with her father. That was, IMHO, a mistake. He should have allowed Burke's behavior to match Sage's description and accepted that some players would see the twist coming. It's all well and good to preserve the surprise, but in the end a twist is a one-time payoff; the underlying story is what does the work on subsequent playthroughs.

To me it seems like the classic complications that DPC looks for itself (as with the loan)

if Sage had said that she had met her father but then left him alone because he had many people to talk to about work, narratively nothing would have changed.

instead DPC puts a sentence in her mouth that doesn't identify Burke at all, it's something more than a red herring... it's a scam

BADIK is a narrative too dilated in time to be justified at the end. in the next chapter, in the meeting with Maya, she will be the center of attention, i don't know how much space will be given to Sage's family relationships (if we will be there or like Mc we will be locked out waiting for the verdict)
This is true, but there's an additional benefit to making Sage so skeptical of Burke's 'fake' brownnosing: it makes it feel like Sage disapproves of Burke's reprehensible sex-for-tuition scheme despite Sage not actually knowing anything about the scheme. It's just like way the MC will panic over the fact Burke is Sage's dad (regardless of whether that really matters in a given run through) as a proxy for the audience's desired panic over the revelation that Maya won't find any help here.

In my view this isn't a 'proper' way to convey emotions to the player, but DPC seems to like it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
What if Lynette's mother was also Rusty's mother? Then Lynette and Rusty would be siblings and Rusty would be both MC's uncle and brother. Interesting. That would also explain young Neil's resemblance to Rusty.
If the game takes place in Arkansas( a southern state in the US) I believe it, after all there are only 3 last names in the whole mother fucking state

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think that's the heart of the issue. DPC let the needs of the twist override proper establishment of Sage's relationship with her father. That was, IMHO, a mistake. He should have allowed Burke's behavior to match Sage's description and accepted that some players would see the twist coming. It's all well and good to preserve the surprise, but in the end a twist is a one-time payoff; the underlying story is what does the work on subsequent playthroughs.
However, this attempt was quite unsuccessful since Sage being the daughter/daughter of Jade and Burke was such a widespread theory that it was almost official...

in my opinion it's more like the women's panties in Chad's bag, a completely false clue, never explained, trying to hide something that otherwise would have been too obvious

This is true, but there's an additional benefit to making Sage so skeptical of Burke's 'fake' brownnosing: it makes it feel like Sage disapproves of Burke's reprehensible sex-for-tuition scheme despite Sage not actually knowing anything about the scheme. It's just like way the MC will panic over the fact Burke is Sage's dad (regardless of whether that really matters in a given run through) as a proxy for the audience's desired panic over the revelation that Maya won't find any help here.

In my view this isn't a 'proper' way to convey emotions to the player, but DPC seems to like it.
I don't understand what you mean, in the sense that it serves to reassure us players that Sage is not part of the restaurant organization?

i would say excessive care

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
However, this attempt was quite unsuccessful since Sage being the daughter/daughter of Jade and Burke was such a widespread theory that it was almost official...
Think it's still not really clear if Sage is the adoptive daughter of Burke and his ex-wife or Burke and Jade, there was some conversation between Burke and Jade they have experience with longer relationships before theirs. With the new information it could also possible Tybalt is adopted aswell or just the kid of Jade... Tybalt mentioned he "came from poor" somewhere...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Think it's still not really clear if Sage is the adoptive daughter of Burke and his ex-wife or Burke and Jade, there was some conversation between Burke and Jade they have experience with longer relationships before theirs. With the new information it could also possible Tybalt is adopted aswell or just the kid of Jade... Tybalt mentioned he "came from poor" somewhere...
as players, for the story, it doesn't really make any difference whether Sage has a blood relation or not with Jade or Burke, or which of the two is actually the adopted daughter. the important point is that they were related

at the most it leaves open the possibility of a threesome with mother and daughter...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

or if you want to be negative it leaves open the doors to further twists on who are the real parents of the most unlucky redhead of BR:confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: vogelbeest

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's normal at times kids don't want to be seen with their parents at parties or anywhere else. My dad would want to hang with my friends. It was embarrassing. I don't see anything wrong with Sage did that night. I would have done the same.
you missed the point though....

the point is not that Sage avoids Burke, but that the motivation she tells doesn't match with what we see
the problem is not Sage, but the way DPC complicates a simple story in order to safeguard a twist we all knew about.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes