BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
That's why Maya is better suited as Sage's successor. Maya openly challenged Quinn in front of the HOTs by slapping her in the face.

Now there is blood in the water and the sharks will come.
If they were men sure, you, everyone else in here and me knows that fighting is a release and resolve things. Women however dont work like that... its the complete fucking opposite among themselves. Its the nuclear option, no reconciliation possible.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x and mindern

Hitmen19

Apr 20, 2020
I have played through a couple times. I always end up with Sage at the end. do I need to cut off any relations with Sage to have a chance with Jill ?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My opinion only. I appreciate the skill and hard work that went into Interlude, but it cost the game months of lost time to deliver CH9.
It's only lost time if DPC didn't need to do an in-story explanation of why Zoey is back. Also, keep in mind that some of the characters from the interlude will also pop up in future episodes. If we didn't have the interlude, DPC will still need to spend time on explaining who they are and why they are here, when they appear. So it'll all come out in a wash anyways.

Besides, with the interlude in place, the next episode, which will include the Halloween party as evidenced by the polls and updates about costumes, will probably land much closer to end of October.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Catlyn

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
It's only lost time if DPC didn't need to do an in-story explanation of why Zoey is back. Also, keep in mind that some of the characters from the interlude will also pop up in future episodes. If we didn't have the interlude, DPC will still need to spend time on explaining who they are and why they are here, when they appear. So it'll all come out in a wash anyways.

Besides, with the interlude in place, the next episode, which will include the Halloween party as evidenced by the polls and updates about costumes, will probably land much closer to end of October.
If there is one thing I don't understand about this community it's the obsession that the Halloween party needs to be in October.

Should episode 10 which will most likely cover Thanksgiving, come out the following November?

It's a goofy mentality.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
If there is one thing I don't understand about this community it's the obsession that the Halloween party needs to be in October.

Should episode 10 which will most likely cover Thanksgiving, come out the following November?

It's a goofy mentality.
Yes. It is very difficult to plan the release of the game for Halloween. Now animations are long and heavy and rendering animations takes 2-3 weeks. One extra animation can disrupt his entire plan, as well as the fact that beta testing may not go according to plan. The release of the game may be delayed, but this is most likely due to a complex branching system.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

It's a goofy mentality.
While it would be cute if the release did drop in late October, I agree that it is not essential. More of a stunt release. It should only come out when it is ready, regardless of when that happens to be. It would be one of those things that would be satisfying for like 3 minutes and then quickly forgotten, so it is not worth putting time and resources behind. Everyone would just go right back to complaining about Maya and Jill anyway.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Topper69

May 16, 2020
I have played through a couple times. I always end up with Sage at the end. do I need to cut off any relations with Sage to have a chance with Jill ?
First of all you have to play chick (best outcome) or at least neutral and you have to have done several events right.
  • Go with Jill to the birthday date
  • Fight for Jill (blackmailing by Tybalt)
  • ... maybe more that I can't remember at the moment.
Best would be to make a dedicated run for Jill meaning to ignore all other temptations .

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022

It's a goofy mentality.
more like wishful thinking.
they want the assurance that the next episode comes out by October.

Reactions: Hitmen19

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I have never heard such a strange theory. Lily work for Police? No
If you haven't heard it before then you haven't been reading the thread. Admittedly, there is a lot in this thread, so I can see some things being missed.

The idea that she's undercover is basically fueled by her coming from nowhere(other than the strip club, of course) and just seamlessly inserting herself into almost everything. She tries to get inserted into all the party action, not just at a base level but with the people running the show. Every move she makes seems to be about connecting herself with people in positions of power, which means anything that's going on is more likely to be done by those people, or at least connected enough to it to glean information. If the MC is on even a moderately DIKish run and hooks up with her she'll try and attach to him as well, as he's making waves on campus and becoming something of a leader himself. Consider that everybody under the sun knows MC is packing a big dick, dating multiple people (or having at least spread the seed far and wide), and she still pushes him to be her regular. She wants to roll with the MC, a guy who spends a lot of his time in the company of Tommy, Quinn, and even various faculty members.

Could it all be completely unrelated? Sure, it totally could be. It's also just a little too direct and immediate for what amounts to a freshman who just joined the school trying to get an 'in' with all these different folks. MC sorta fell into it, he didn't make connecting himself to power people his motivation.
The difference with the Interlude, it took a lot longer to develop than the flashbacks, also IMO it came too late.

Bringing back Zoey after us choosing our path, doesn't appeal to me, the choice is made, I don't need hand-holding, I'm a gamer, I can live with the consequences.
Ah, but this is the perfect trope, you see. Just like often happens in life, and in all those movies DPC was fond of, the person you want/wants you always shows up after you've gotten into a committed relationship with somebody else. My life wasn't all about the drama, but it happened on occasion. Didn't get together with one of them until 20 years post-schooling. One of us was always dating somebody else in the meantime, and unlike the MC, we weren't big on the cheating angle.
JFC. I have no idea who the Giga-Chad here really is, but.. damn. I hear women say they want a 6-pack and this fucker brings a 10-pack to the game. He's got to go. ;)

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
If you haven't heard it before then you haven't been reading the thread. Admittedly, there is a lot in this thread, so I can see some things being missed.

The idea that she's undercover is basically fueled by her coming from nowhere(other than the strip club, of course) and just seamlessly inserting herself into almost everything. She tries to get inserted into all the party action, not just at a base level but with the people running the show. Every move she makes seems to be about connecting herself with people in positions of power, which means anything that's going on is more likely to be done by those people, or at least connected enough to it to glean information. If the MC is on even a moderately DIKish run and hooks up with her she'll try and attach to him as well, as he's making waves on campus and becoming something of a leader himself. Consider that everybody under the sun knows MC is packing a big dick, dating multiple people (or having at least spread the seed far and wide), and she still pushes him to be her regular. She wants to roll with the MC, a guy who spends a lot of his time in the company of Tommy, Quinn, and even various faculty members.

Could it all be completely unrelated? Sure, it totally could be. It's also just a little too direct and immediate for what amounts to a freshman who just joined the school trying to get an 'in' with all these different folks. MC sorta fell into it, he didn't make connecting himself to power people his motivation.
Ah, but this is the perfect trope, you see. Just like often happens in life, and in all those movies DPC was fond of, the person you want/wants you always shows up after you've gotten into a committed relationship with somebody else. My life wasn't all about the drama, but it happened on occasion. Didn't get together with one of them until 20 years post-schooling. One of us was always dating somebody else in the meantime, and unlike the MC, we weren't big on the cheating angle.

JFC. I have no idea who the Giga-Chad here really is, but.. damn. I hear women say they want a 6-pack and this fucker brings a 10-pack to the game. He's got to go. ;)
He's done nothing to make me want Zoey though.

Nothing in the interlude or flashback made me go, I want to see more of this girl.

Also I'm concerned about the Others path going forward, DPC might have trouble designing a path with numerous lewd scenes per episode with multiple girls while other paths are getting date content and not as much sex and turn the other path into Zoey.

Which is not at all what I want to see, and one of the reasons I don't patron the game, as much as lets us make DIK decisions and have fun, at the centre of the MC is the soul of an emotional little bitch.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My opinion only. I appreciate the skill and hard work that went into Interlude, but it cost the game months of lost time to deliver CH9.
I don't think the interlude of his own brought who knows what slowdown

there were events that would have delayed the arrival of the ninth chapter anyway: the launch on the two platforms of the second season, the mechanism for importing saves, the COVID week of DPC

net that we would have had a flashback on ZOey anyway.

so the delay solely due to the interlude in my opinion is minimal, a few weeks, at most a month

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I had some .

Sage:
1652724156018.png

Bella:
1834507_bella_art.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whelp, there goes any possibility of me having a productive work day...

Tybalt1.png

Tybalt2.png

Tybalt3.png

By the way, aarbei, I thought your choice of pics for Sage and Bella were great, but those of Melissa were outstanding.

EDIT: I'm liking what it does to some of my favorite fan art.

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

It's a goofy mentality.
I never said it needs to be in October did I? I only said the episode would land much closer to the end of October. And while of course it's not necessary, it is a nice thing.

And has DPC said anything about Thanksgiving, both in-game or in his updates? As far as I know, I don't think so.

I'm not sure what's more goofy, calling out the fact that a known Halloween episode would likely land near end of October, or claiming that a Thanksgiving episode with no hint of that in-game or in status updates, with a speculative release date, again with no hint of that in-game or in status updates.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
He's done nothing to make me want Zoey though.

Nothing in the interlude or flashback made me go, I want to see more of this girl.
I respect your position. Many feel the same way. However the interlude had the complete opposite effect on me. Before the interlude, I never wanted to see Zoey ever again. After playing it, she has become the primary LI for my MC [subject to change again - I can be fickle :)].

People will always disagree on LIs. It is inevitable. I say, so what!

joker2008

Jan 3, 2019
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
There's Steam also right?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes