PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
When you've been working on a project for so long, there's a good chance that the ending will be disappointing or too far-fetched. I can count projects with a good ending on the fingers of one hand after 5-7 years of constant production (Scrubs, Peaky Blinders) and many more projects with a terrible ending. You get tired of your characters, you want to try something new, there are always some ideas of other projects in your head. At this point, it is important to switch to something else so as not to destroy your current project. Episode 8 is a vivid example when Pink did the game through force. The dorm party is just awful. No, it's not bad, but it's very boring and drawn out. There is a lot of unnecessary freeroams in it, and in general the episode looks like a filler. Everyone in this forum doesn't understand why Pink created the Interlude. Interlude probably need DPC, not us. If he hadn't taken a break in 3-4 months, then I think episode 9 would have been of the same dubious quality as episode 8.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Typically we mould our mc as we get to know the other characters, and in doing so we may compromise our intentions for our mc if we take a liking to a certain character or other (e.g. making DIK choices to get with Quinn, or toning the mc down to stay with M&J). This has worked throughout the game until the mc achieved a permanent affinity.

However, when it comes to Zoey, the mc's character is already set in concrete. At this point he's either a DIK or a Chick, and to bring a new character in after this solidification of the mc's personality, certain players may be already locked out of deep involvement in a character that they were not expecting in the first place, but may end up being an integral character in the plot.

Hence the ability to shape Zoey's edges (be they rough or be they smooth). But it's still a gamble. I agree that omnipotently changing a character dulls the relationship. This is in strong contrast to the mc's own influence changing someone, like the enjoyable evolution of Quinn.

So yeah, DPC bringing in what could possibly be an important character (she could just be doing a cameo for one episode for all we know, but they why spend so much time on her introduction) is a bit unorthodox, and being able to shape her as we see fit is also a strange decision, but hopefully it just gives us 4 times the fun! :giggle:

I kinda agree. I don't know that DPC did himself any favours by going all-in on Zoey's back story. A few people changed their tune about her, but she simply wasn't awesome enough to seriously rock the boat.

She's very human, and has many faults, which a lot of people enjoy about the characters in this game, but as a late starter, she either needed to endure something tragic, or achieve something momentous, to universally entrench endearment among the players; that didn't happen. The closest thing to that was her guitar playing (both tragic and momentous at the same time). :ROFLMAO:

I enjoyed the Interlude, but I only played it seriously once, so compared to the rest of BaDIK, I'd have to say it was a fail. I think it's just too long to say what it needed to say.

I think there are more fans of DnG than you realise. :geek:

Personally, I truly hope there will be at least one or two more campaigns before BaDIK is done and dusted. But I get the gripe against it; all the sex scenes are meaningless, they don't progress the mc's relationships in any way at all. But they were still a bit of fun.
It is also clear what DPC is trying to do so we can shape Zoey. Zoey and the MC have not seen each other in over a year and have not communicated in over half a year. We as players are shaping the MC as DIK, NEUTRAL, or CHICK. But how was the MC in the beginning? With me, strangely enough, always neutral. I assume the MC was neutral when Zoey left. But how does a DIK or NEUTRAL Zoey get along with a CHICK MC when they meet again. Is that perhaps why DPC created the affinity?

I don't think the interlude was a failure. With the flashback to Zoey in EP3, it's clear to me that she will find her way into the game. I wrote that over a year ago. The interlude was perfect because we had Zoey actively in the game. So every player was forced to be involved with Zoey somewhere. Of course, there are players who have a positive impression and others who have a negative impression. But that's no different from EP1 to EP8. Some like Maya, some don't, but they don't like Quinn and bitch about Jill. You guys know what I mean.

DnG is not my thing either. But it's part of the game, so it has its place for me because it's a DPC game.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I don't think the interlude of his own brought who knows what slowdown

there were events that would have delayed the arrival of the ninth chapter anyway: the launch on the two platforms of the second season, the mechanism for importing saves, the COVID week of DPC

net that we would have had a flashback on ZOey anyway.

so the delay solely due to the interlude in my opinion is minimal, a few weeks, at most a month
I respectfully disagree, if you look at the trends of previous releases. Even if you go to 7 or so months.....without Interlude, we would be looking at a June release or so for Ep9. With all the talent that went into making Interlude, it doesn't appear that doing the conversion to the new software methods, took up that much time.
Anyway, just an opinion and.... water under the bridge now.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
It is also clear what DPC is trying to do so we can shape Zoey. Zoey and the MC have not seen each other in over a year and have not communicated in over half a year. We as players are shaping the MC as DIK, NEUTRAL, or CHICK. But how was the MC in the beginning? With me, strangely enough, always neutral. I assume the MC was neutral when Zoey left. But how does a DIK or NEUTRAL Zoey get along with a CHICK MC when they meet again. Is that perhaps why DPC created the affinity?

I don't think the interlude was a failure. With the flashback to Zoey in EP3, it's clear to me that she will find her way into the game. I wrote that over a year ago. The interlude was perfect because we had Zoey actively in the game. So every player was forced to be involved with Zoey somewhere. Of course, there are players who have a positive impression and others who have a negative impression. But that's no different from EP1 to EP8. Some like Maya, some don't, but they don't like Quinn and bitch about Jill. You guys know what I mean.

DnG is not my thing either. But it's part of the game, so it has its place for me because it's a DPC game.
It all depends on the viewer. Some have been playing this game a lot longer than I have (1 year). It is possible that Zoey was furthest from their mind, considering there are so many interesting L.I.s and sides....with stories yet to be shown. There is one camp, which I am of the same view, that are not interested in this new distraction. Again, though, to each their own and....respect.

Reactions: dalli_x

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
I share the above opinion that the writing skill is the key for a great final episode although the originality and motivation tend to fade out with time. But one cannot underestimate the intention to excessively prolong the plot for profit.

The endings of series I liked are those that were anticipated by the creators and so are consistent with the personal development of the main characters. On the other hand, it disappoints me when they don't know when to put an end, and keep adding one season after another until a low audience score forced them to terminate the story in an abrupt way.

A project does not survive without profit but too much greedyness can spoil it.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
When you've been working on a project for so long, there's a good chance that the ending will be disappointing or too far-fetched. I can count projects with a good ending on the fingers of one hand after 5-7 years of constant production (Scrubs, Peaky Blinders) and many more projects with a terrible ending. You get tired of your characters, you want to try something new, there are always some ideas of other projects in your head. At this point, it is important to switch to something else so as not to destroy your current project. Episode 8 is a vivid example when Pink did the game through force. The dorm party is just awful. No, it's not bad, but it's very boring and drawn out. There is a lot of unnecessary freeroams in it, and in general the episode looks like a filler. Everyone in this forum doesn't understand why Pink created the Interlude. Interlude probably need DPC, not us. If he hadn't taken a break in 3-4 months, then I think episode 9 would have been of the same dubious quality as episode 8.
sometimes you fully close to davdr mentality :D.
all these little nuances, DnG, free roaming, mini games, also a way for DPC to keep his mind fresh. and Not forced.
and I honestly don't get this episode 8 is forced shit. People get what they wanted, that episode alone move and solved lost of thing. and it's never enough

Jill, resolved her tybalt problem, her concert, and her virginity in one go.
Bella also get her time to shine, The possibility of MC and Bella date was not dragged out at all, you got it in 1 episode , with a bonus of 2 sex scene in a row.
Sage, and us finally learned the Chad secret, it might not resolved , but as far as we concerned it's less relevant now, Because She is now dating with MC officially.
She also moved forward the Maya story, that also lead to Sage's family, and one step forward in the Tuition storyline.
Quinn drug cartel also moved forward, and get extended with the Pink Rose girls and brought Vinny into the picture
Rio stalker storyline continue
The Dik mansion was repaired, and MC continue to rise on the leader board, and general moving forward MC main story, aka Being a Dik.

Episode 8 was maybe the biggest that moved so many thing forward in 1 episode.
And even during the dorm party, we get things to look forward too, possible characters that gonna be introduced more. 3 of them are the Vixens. Potential for Fucking Sally later. minor drama for Jamie may be. Somebody Pregnant, Cathy goes, Zoey comes, Nora expanded role. And I probably missed some things out.

so with all do respect, I disagree.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
He's done nothing to make me want Zoey though.

Nothing in the interlude or flashback made me go, I want to see more of this girl.

Also I'm concerned about the Others path going forward, DPC might have trouble designing a path with numerous lewd scenes per episode with multiple girls while other paths are getting date content and not as much sex and turn the other path into Zoey.

Which is not at all what I want to see, and one of the reasons I don't patron the game, as much as lets us make DIK decisions and have fun, at the centre of the MC is the soul of an emotional little bitch.
Harsh but fair, and, an additional excellent point. Zoey, who I don't really care about, is going to put another layered branch on the game no matter if we want it or not. It will be like luggage that I can't get rid of; volume of content better invested in the other excellent L.I.s / sides.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: godkingxerxes
Apr 10, 2022
I don't know what is wrong with your taste, brother. The dorm party is awesome. There's a lot of great little scenes and it was a nice change of pace, at least for me, after coming from Jill's dinner party. I laughed at loud when Tremolo hits Derek square in the back of the head with the piss balloon.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
DarkKiller said:
But I think people must be aware of the possibility that the MC might not even end up with any of the girls, for all we know, DPC might just do an epilogue showing MC finishing college, showing how much he grew and learned with the girl that he chose but then everyone goes their own way.
With MC laying a wreath at the memorial of almost every DiK and HOT that was lost in that horrible fire.
He turns around, hugs Madame....fade out....roll credits....

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
And as far as filler content goes, where's the distinction between the mc going to a party (pretty much any party that's occurred so far, and the much awaited Halloween party) or the mc playing a game of DnG, or paying for a blowjob from the Madame?
there is a subjective one: did it entertain us?
And to this one everyone answers for themselves, even Madame has her admirers

and then there is a more objective one: did it enrich the story in any way?

because I agree with you that Badik's "big story" is not Maya's loan or Tybalt's blackmail, and that if we want we can consider without a great deal of effort even those to be mere filler, but those were opportunities to get to know MC and other characters better, to add tiles to the mosaic, catching merits and flaws of the different characters. these subplots we want to close to move forward in the overall story, not because we expect who knows what new things.

there are several parts that really left me with nothing, that when I make a new run, or pick up an old one I skip them and without feeling guilty.

I give an example, I hate minigames and in particular I hate the pancakes one, but in Bella's run I can even engage with it, because "I want to look good with her" as silly as that may be.

this commitment, this involvement with Lynette's diary, with D&G (and other segments as well) I never feel it or at least I don't feel it after the first run, once I've gotten the curiosity of the different endings out of my system I happily jump into Arieth's arms and move on, and it's not a matter of speed run, there are very long dialogues that I gladly reread (to take another example the one with Rusty if in the fourth chapter you decide to go to Derek) because something they convey to me.

Madame is a different matter, you can avoid her completely if you want, and except for the DIK run I avoided her completely in every other run, without any nostalgia

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, I don't compare it to Acting Lessons. . :) They only common thing is that they are both Renpy.
if you look at NTL Games, all of their 3 games is basically the same, surely with different story. But the same type of Milf, Harem, mini games, etc.
AL and Badik are vastly different. However I do admit I stopped caring about AL after a couple of chapter, the burden of playing it after Badik. It was just weak, in my opinion not even worth it to compare. :LOL:

I went for a long Fucking long Rant , but I deleted it because in the end of the day, you right about one thing. We all have different Perspective. :LOL:. what you might feel as a Waste of Time, others might find it fun, and vice versa.

I could say that , I don't care about Bella, Jade, Sandy, Envy, Mel, Sara, the list is long:LOL: , and Every time When DPC work of a render or animation of them, I could consider it as a Waste of precious development Time . But would it be true ? or fair ? Probably not, in fact It would make me look really stupid:LOL:

All I can say, Me Personally, stopped caring about seeing the Ending of the Game, I dont wait the next episode because it's one episode closer to solve the mystery, to the end. I probably won't even live long enough to see.
All is matter, if every new episode give me enough Fun or not ? and so Far it is always more Fun then its not. So a couple of Filler not really bother me. even if its Fucking Madam:LOL:. Who know, may be She is indeed Tommy mother ?!:ROFLMAO:

I think it will be noticeable, When or If, He hit a wall, and just try to stall the time because He doesn't know how to finish. But I don't think we are there Yet.
We will know, because the game will become, repetitive , boring , unoriginal and most of all Un-Fun

Well, after all, I just ended up with some Fucking ranting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The problem isn't giving attention to girls I don't like, it's the nature of the attention. The D&G sex scenes were essentially special renders: sexy shots of MC and girls acting out of character in unusual settings. But whereas the actual special renders in Episode 6 represented something like 2% of the overall static render count, the D&G sex scenes were a whopping 52% of the number of animated sex scenes in that episode (and a minimum of of 6% of the total animations, even if each D&G scene was only a single animation).

To me that's way too many resources to squander on random spank material.

the two are quite related, aren't they? Whether Zoey acted like Attila, spreading salt on the ground and not growing anything anymore, or whether she went back to MC while still theoretically being able to stay in San Diego

I kind of see it as a major choice, shaping the character but having (almost always) its own narrative importance
But we never make any impact on the narrative. Zoey remains on good terms with Bret and Jonah (and possibly Jenna) regardless of what she does to Emma. Likewise, Zoey is out of money no matter what decisions we made along the way. The only things that change in San Diego are Zoey's relationship with Emma specifically, Emma's relationship with Bret (and that last one could easily be retconned if DPC wanted to). The lasting impression of the Interlude is entirely down to how Zoey decided to handle a crisis: lash out, or try to mend fences.

I almost feel the opposite about filler content in a game like this.

BaDIK isn't really going anywhere in particular. We have a bunch of random plot lines that are more of an interest than a driving factor, as it's the characters that carry the game.

This is like any good sit-com style tv show, where you tune in each week because you enjoy the characters and the hijinks they get up to. There's just a little bit more fucking in BaDIK.

In those kinds of shows, you're not champing at the bit to get to the end, it's all about the ride. I think BaDIK is more like that.

At this point, I don't even need an end to the game. I've loved the ride so far, and I hope to enjoy the few more years left in the game, but I don't really care what happens, it's more that I like how it happens.

And as far as filler content goes, where's the distinction between the mc going to a party (pretty much any party that's occurred so far, and the much awaited Halloween party) or the mc playing a game of DnG, or paying for a blowjob from the Madame?

The way I see it, all of the events in the game are filler. I don't even know what the main story is. If he's gonna end up with just one girl, then all of the other girls are fillers.

And while the sex scenes in DnG aren't "real", the fact that Sally is grossed out by the mc all the way through the campaigns is so much fun.

And even if this didn't happen for real in the game, it's fun thinking the mc is imagining it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, I reckon even the Madame would be fine if she just had a personality. That scene, where Jade sits with the mc after class and opens her heart to him regarding her own troubles, made her so much more of an interesting character.

So yeah, I don't mind any content in the game, as long as it's enjoyable, I don't need the story to progress, because what are we progressing to anyway?
BaDIK definitely has a story: it's about the MC's coming of age, meeting his surrogate family and finding his place in the world. Season 1 worked well with that. We meet the cast, see the MC make some big decisions, get hurt and ultimately learn from the experience. The problem is that Season 2 got bogged down in sexy digressions that didn't advance the MC's story (or worse, devolved it).

Yes, we do get the MC leading the DIKs through their time in the wilderness, and that works quite well. But the MC's own story was a mess. We immediately back out of any apparent commitment to M&J, his relationship with Jill endures the miserable blackmail plot and ignores the implications of any involvement with Bella until the very end (if then), and Sage's path ping pongs back and forth between the MC embracing casual sex and insisting on a proper relationship. The Affinity system is now permanent, but the decisions themselves are as muddled as ever. And the MC remains utterly guileless, completely blindsided by who Sage's parents are despite knowing he was going to meet them and wanting to make a good impression. All of this culminates in a "crossroads" that felt completely disconnected from the events that proceeded it, then leads directly into Zoey's melodramatic return the instant the MC supposedly settles on what he wants out of his current life. That's less of an arc and more a scatter plot.

I say we'd be much better off if BaDIK kept a stronger sense of progress about the MC's maturity. That doesn't mean we can't have lots of sexy side content, just that such content should ultimately lead us to a better understanding of who the MC is. Too often DPC seems to look for loopholes that permit the MC to have his cake without being the kind of person who would obtain such a cake.

It gives the impression of padding not because DPC is out of ideas, but because he's purposely delaying the important content until the last minute to avoid ending the story. IMHO, of course.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
the problem is that even if you do like the DnG sex scenes, they are the literal definition of filler content. compare DnG to the upcoming Halloween party and its obvious. even though there will be copious amounts of sex at this party and the girls and MC will be in costume, since its in real life within the story there is a chance for character growth and relationship growth and a real possibility of moving the plot forward in many cases.

DnG ultimately is an overly long daydream by the MC that amounts to nothing (but he still cant fuck Jill lol) yet took DPC a significant amount of time to produce. now if DPC had a team working around the clock to help him out with these little side projects than maybe its not so bad, but the way it stands now is that DnG took time away from the meat of the game while adding nothing significant in return. all the time DPC allocates adds up. who knows how much farther along we could be in the actual narrative or in regards to having like actual dates with the girls or whatever to feel like MC is doing relationship stuff if DPC didnt waste time on a small jerk off section.

its arguable that the time spent on the Interlude could be seen in the same vein as well.
SomboSteel : are you one of DPC's patrons? If you are, why not post this there? If you're not, then in my view you're just wasting your time. Of course you are entitled to have and express your opinion, but arguing here about how the dev spends his time on a site that pirates the game just seems ineffective.

I am one of DPC's patrons and I, for one, enjoy the DnG sections. They allow us to spend some time with Magnar and Sally, who are side characters that I hope will have more screen time in future episodes (particularly Sally), and the scenes are just plain fun.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
If Maya becomes the leader of the HOTs, that is not bad writing. Rather, it depends on how DPC will shape Maya's development. Maya really only has one problem that she can't solve on her own. Patrick. Once that problem is fixed, DPC can write a steep development curve for Maya. After all, the potential is there.

She has friends like Josy, Sage, Jill, MC and her brother Derek. Some HOTs have already apologized to her and are seeking contact. Sage said that Maya is the way she used to be. So why shouldn't Maya become like Sage.

In my opinion, Maya has the most potential because Maya is shaped by bad and good experiences. She knows the light and dark sides of life. Maya's feminist beliefs are perfectly fine if you follow the learning lesson with Maya and the MC in EP6.

Read through what feminism really is and don't compare it to what Wendy, Linda, Suzy, Mr. Piggi, etc. think it is.

Theres not enough instory time. DPC have said that the game will span one year. And that is definitely not enough time for Maya to become a believeable leader of the HOTs. Maybe if we had 3 years and Sage as support. Because Sage is graduating this year and thats the only reasonable role model for Maya. Maya simply have too much shit going on, too much baggage. Not enough support from the rest of the HOT girls, they are too mixed up with Quinns business and their own issues.

The game tells you its not reasonable. Maya is openly dissmissive of the sluts in the HOTs in the first episode. And she takes the gender studies seriously while the other HOTs does not as they straight up tells the MC when he asks. If thats not a huge conflict of interest and source of internal strife for Maya and the HOTs if DPC tries to make her a leader i dont know what to tell you tbh. Its horrible writing as there is not enough time nor cirumstance to make it believable with everything else going on with her.

Im not fighting you on her internal basic capabilities as Ive said this before (added the italics for emphasis)
Definitely this, I like a lot Maya and I know shes definitely not a leader. Shes almost as far from independent as one can be. Shes got an inner fire and moral empathic core that could be cultivated to leadership but it would be years of work to make it happen thats not where the story is, her path is about just breaking free. Shes cornered and lashing out left and right now. Leadership is not even close imo.
What I am fighting you hard at is that there is just too many external factors (core beliefs vs HOTs beliefs, naivete, power struggle, lack of independence and assertiveness, financial issues, family issues, love issues etc etc) that prevents her leadership from being believable, reasonable and logical. Theres too many things that should make it impossible in the time we have. Maya would need an entire games worth of story of her own and loads of support to make her a leader. The HOTs is a nightmare kettle of complicated issues brewing atm. Maya navigating that amidst her own problems? Ridiculous imo.

I love her character (she my favorite with Isabella and Quinn) but a logical or natural leader she aint. Hard no, way too many issues to deal with in the time we have if DPC is going that route, it definitely would be horrible writing to handwave and force her into leadership role. Without the HOTs theres a tiny tinry possibility if she forms a new sorority after the HOTs get imploded and caught by the police as B&R had to shut down due to the uncovered prostitution ring in the epilogue. Huge maybe.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Nicole then for the least is included in the story, as limited as any secondary girl, and Nora probably will be too,
Nicole having limited time in the story is perfectly reasonable. Sure, she's pretty hot, but she's got to work a regular job (assuming she has semi-regular hours at the Pink Rose) and she's raising a young child of school age. I think the only way MC is going to get a lot more time with her is if he puts another kid in her and becomes part of her life moving forward. Which I'm OK with, but practically speaking that should be more of an epilogue resolution, unless he drops out of college himself. I don't think Stanley would be too fond of him working at PR.
Thought it's not a concern for now, I hope that Being a DIK will have a memorable ending. Many movies, series or books that had everything to become iconic have completely botched their endings; yet this is the one thing we remember the most when we think back on them.
Memorable and Good are two very different things, that if you're lucky will overlap.
I can count projects with a good ending on the fingers of one hand after 5-7 years of constant production (Scrubs, Peaky Blinders) and many more projects with a terrible ending.
Hold on there, Tex. Are we talking about the proper ending of Season 8, or the spin-off show they tried to pass off as Season 9? That's a very important distinction.
SomboSteel : are you one of DPC's patrons?
Dude. I'll freely admit that I disagree with Sombo on a number of points, but this guy took a bullet for the F95 community. He's earned some respect.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Oh man, that scene where the alphas get the "blackmail" pics and see all the pics of her with the different DIKs. Her face, then when she turns around and goes out the window (I think?).... I was dead.

Here you go. Keep it in your toolbox for later.

I'm outta here.gif

Suggested uses:

• When Dalli starts off with "I have a theory..."
  • Someone posts "[fill in the blank] is the best girl!" (Unless they're talking about Bella, of course.)
  • Any indication of the return of JAL
  • DavDR compliments BaDIK (It means the apocalypse is upon us.)
  • A new episode is released (At least until you've had a chance to play, because it WILL be spoiled here.)

Nope. Can't do it. Sorry. I've tried, but I simply can't get used to it.

DPC have said that the game will span one year.

Did I miss something in the Q&As? When did he say that?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes