Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
If the first review I read said "Oh yea, this is on the same level" then that would definitely convince me to give it a try. If it said "kind of sucks compared to BADIK" then I'd probably just skip it.
That can be tough to properly quantify, however. There are a great many games where the renders are simply superb. I'm not trying to pick on DPC, his are nice, but you can see quite a few games where they are are simply visually in another class altogether, a better class.

But then the writing is crap, or the game mechanics are crap, etc. As this thread has demonstrated, a lot of people seem to think the sound is the go-to factor, but since I play everything muted if somebody used that as their comparison point it would be utterly meaningless.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I'm not trying to pick on DPC, his are nice, but you can see quite a few games where they are are simply visually in another class altogether, a better class.
Good graphics don't keep me staying at the game or even replaying, they are a nice bonus but not necessary (for me). It's the story bounding me for a game.
But then the writing is crap, or the game mechanics are crap, etc. As this thread has demonstrated, a lot of people seem to think the sound is the go-to factor, but since I play everything muted if somebody used that as their comparison point it would be utterly meaningless.
It's nice to have some sound but i think not as this necessary in VNs as in other games (eg. sneaking around, hearing somthing coming from the back side,...). But everybody feels different about this, so it's a personal decision to enable sound or mute it (sometimes i mute it only to enjoy the silence during a playthrough).

Reactions: Redd23 and shazba

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
That can be tough to properly quantify, however. There are a great many games where the renders are simply superb. I'm not trying to pick on DPC, his are nice, but you can see quite a few games where they are are simply visually in another class altogether, a better class.

Agreed.

In terms of render quality, BaDIK is really good, but like you said you can see other VNs that have better renders than BaDIK, but then they fall of in terms of writing and everything else.

Overall, in terms of writing, render quality, game mechanics, BaDIK is atleast great in those maybe that's why it gets compared to others often.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
More important than anything though, is that you feel for the characters.
I also would say it's important, you have at least a character you won't like. Never would like a game where every char is a good one, without an antagonist it's like having endless sunshine but no rain, sure, for a short amount of time you would like the sunshine but lateron, you would miss all the other conditions.

Reactions: shazba

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
What kind of game is this? If you're talking about Life in Santa County, then judging by the description, it's more a clone of Milfy City than BaDIK.
He's talking strictly about the interface and the mechanics of the game though (hell even the free roam events are like a carbon copy of BaDIK).

IMO the biggest difference is LISC's variables. Like there are multiple variations of one scene depending on bunch of variables, but it's completely unclear how to get them. I still can't get some scenes unless I use 0x52's mod.

BaDIK doesn't have that issue. You can get whatever scene you like because the player actually understands how things work and you don't have to use the walkthrough or the mod necessarily.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
There is a clear cut rule:

"Please avoid advertising other games in game threads, this will often derail the discussion."

That rule exists among other rules with the aim to avoid derailing a thread.

Any mention of BaDIK in other similar veined game threads will ultimately devolve into a huge argument, and since BaDIK is the leader of the pack in this sub genre, it's not fair to other efforts to keep bringing it up in their own threads.

To be honest, I haven't found any games in this college AVN genre to be blatant ripoffs of BaDIK. College has certain tropes that BaDIK doesn't own, and it's what we expect from a college setting.

Sororities, fraternities, hot teachers, fights, nerd/jock rivalries etc., it wouldn't be college if these were omitted.

BaDIK definitely inspired a lot of these games, just like BaDIK was inspired by movies in the genre, and I wouldn't go so far as to suggest these other games didn't jump on the band wagon after BaDIK's exceptional reception, but I wouldn't label them as knockoffs either.

Frosh Life was one game that died a death that I thought started off great; it was just goofy college fun. The rest are a little overly grandiose, but nice distractions between BaDIK episode. :giggle:

Definitely the dialogue flows very well. Most other games eventually bog down, the dialogue becomes tedious, and eventually I need to stop for a few days or else I find myself fast forwarding. What's amazing is that all the characters are distinct in their style, yet they are all compelling reading. It's even fun to read Tybalt's bullshit.
Perhaps I will express an unpopular opinion, but do you remember the games about college before to BaDIK? I remember that time. Then there were packs of games about the corruption of mothers and sisters, and the trendsetter were games like Milfy City and Big Brother (IMHO, in terms of mechanics is still the best game).
Only Philly and several other developers were engaged in the development of story games in which the world did not revolve around a schoolboy with a huge penis.
Anyway, all the other college games came out on the wave of Pink's success. They borrowed a lot from him (whole mechanics like freeroams, the idea of phone content, full-fledged music tracks, not two-note background music, a through and inconspicuous main plot, in general, the very concept of releasing the game by episodes, not by updates). Therefore, any game after BADik will be a copycat by default. True, some manage to rework his ideas and release an original product (for example, Lust Academy, a game about a magic college), but they are a minority.

†ElAmigo†

Oct 21, 2021
I downloaded v8 season 1_2 for windows in separate links by mega but after unzipping .. i found empty folder zero bit ... Can any one help me with please ?
I would say your download failed because it happens to me sometimes, and downloading it again works.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I don't know why people hate Burker... What has Burker done to the MC in the game? He has treated him well and I bet Burker sees the MC as the son he doesn't have lol

They hate him just for being Isabella's simp when there are many of her simps here... So hate each other

My man Burker the character not understood :cry:
S. Burke has that unfortunate look of a cardboard cutout character that has a good chance of being dead or in prison by the end of the VN. He is convenient to sew up a lot of plot items. :p

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Speculation

What if Lynette is not the connection to the Burgmeisters or Royce? What if Neil is the connection?:unsure:
If, why did Lynettes father tried to disturb their relationship? If Neil is connected with such powerful and rich families, her father would have been glad to be connected with them. Also why did Neil and the MC are lacking of funds, their (rich) relatives would have supported them at least witha minimum amount to live a not substandard life.

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
First is only a speculation and second I have already described it. What if he was a foundling or orphan? Then Neil would not know his possible sister and/or brother.
Maybe, but someone has to know to reveal his orgin. Why did this person didn't tell him, also why did they did not tell his relatives?

Maybe the upper-class relatives knew but decided not to intervene (cause Neil and MC are poor, no money to gather), if Neil knew he definitely would try to connect, maybe not for him personally but for the MC.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
[...] Nicole is another excellent long-term prospect, if the MC could deal with helping raise somebody else's child, and the knowledge of what the woman in his life is potentially doing nightly. Some people would have issues with it, I don't. And she's willing to share, which will probably keep some nice variety in your sexytimes as life goes on, a definite plus.
I've been pondering the question about Nicole/Envy; I'm reluctant to see a child character appear inside a game with adult content, and I wonder if DrPinkCake feels the same way.

Yet the fact she is a mother is this character's uniqueness, and it would be a miss if Nicole's personal situation was not developed further (there is no shortage of strippers in Being a DIK).

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I've been pondering the question about Nicole/Envy; I'm reluctant to see a child character appear inside a game with adult content, and I wonder if DrPinkCake feels the same way.

Yet the fact she is a mother is this character's uniqueness, and it would be a miss if Nicole's personal situation was not developed further (there is no shortage of strippers in Being a DIK).
I don't think we're gonna get that depth from her character.

Just reading Ilhares's post above, it made me realise something.

Like most AVNs, there is a kinda slow burn to full on sex with most of the main LIs, so the game has a few side chicks for the mc to fuck in the meanwhile, to keep the game entertaining on a sexual level.

DPC made a big mistake with his side girls. He made them too good.

Girls like Camila, Jade, Lily, Nicole, Quinn, Riona are really, really likeable in their own unique ways. They shouldn't have been allowed to outshine the main LIs.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes