Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
And will keep missed. He will be dead before try and dead people don't make sex :ROFLMAO:
I had to verify this against the known list of things , and the closest match I find is "The dead do not squeeze and please", or " The dead should not intrude in the affairs of the living". Nothing specifically about the dead not having sex, though.

• Haha
Reactions: lipe2410

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
forgive me for doubting in this one :ROFLMAO: . I know you hanging out a lot with Lostanddamned.:LOL:
And I know you want to be look "cool' in his eye. But I'm not buying it:LOL:
My best homie AchedCroissant, appreciates his homies that would take a bullet for him. Like our homie Stephen would take a bullet for the MC without even thinking about it.

Stephen Burke, the most unappreciated guy on the campus, even though he didn't do anything but help other people. :cry:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My best homie AchedCroissant, appreciates his homies that would take a bullet for him. Like our homie Stephen would take a bullet for the MC without even thinking about it.

Stephen Burke, the most unappreciated guy on the campus, even though he didn't do anything but help other people. :cry:
the most unappreciated in Magnar

And it is a situation that is not likely to change

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
the most unappreciated in Magnar

And it is a situation that is not likely to change
DPC had to reign in Magnar's presence in the game. Because the Scandinavian mobster would have ordered Ron and Bert to just fucking murder Vinny, Buddy and whoever the other villains are in the game in cold blood as a sign of friendship to the MC. :Kappa:

But Magnar is just the best bro in the game. (Certainly better than that retard Derek :Kappa:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I don't know why people hate Burker... What has Burker done to the MC in the game? He has treated him well and I bet Burker sees the MC as the son he doesn't have lol

They hate him just for being Isabella's simp when there are many of her simps here... So hate each other

My man Burker the character not understood :cry:
It could be that Burke is the hero of the whole game maybe he is a undercover cop and is trying to bring down Quinn and others thats why he had sex with the three students. Burke got Vinny to join him next he will get Maya to Join him by paying her tuition all to bring down Quinn. Burke is not a bad guy is must sadly do good things to save the day :unsure:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
forgive me for doubting in this one :ROFLMAO: . I know you hanging out a lot with Lostanddamned.:LOL:
And I know you want to be look "cool' in his eye. But I'm not buying it:LOL:
Come on, if Burker comes and tells the MC we're going to Las Vegas and we're going on a private plane and what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas

Do you think I'm going to say no? :sneaky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I don't think the BaDIK community has a beef with any other game. I think it's the developers of some other games (College Kings and AOA Academy, for example) that bristle at having their games compared with "Being a DIK." Unfortunately for them, those games usually don't fare so well in the comparisons. Childishly, some have decided to ban any mention of BaDIK or comparisons with BaDIK in their reviews.
This is strange. These games are direct clones or imitators of BaDIK, ranging from mechanics like freeroams to some plot moves like fraternities. How can you not compare these games if they are ordinary imitators? :KEK:
It's nothing to do with the devs, it's the f95 moderators who bar mention of other games in reviews, because it's against the review rules?
3. Do not mention other games or other developers in your review, this is to prevent cross promotion.
Even devs who own their thread have no power to remove or edit other users reviews or posts.
I see General above mentioned AOA Academy, but I have no idea why, as I've played that game and the two of them honestly feel nothing alike whatsoever, so I can't imagine why anyone would give a shit.
They are nothing alike. There are some common elements (college, freeroams) and the dev included some obvious parodies of BADIK elements (knock off frat). That's all it takes for some people to decide they're comparable.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Only if they mention BaDik
Again, nothing to do with the dev. The moderators put that warning there. Even devs who own their thread have no power to remove or edit other users reviews or posts. Go look in off topic, there are whole threads with devs arguing with the moderators/staff about why reviews have or haven't been removed/edited etc.

And the moderators put warnings like that on threads when numpties constantly post reviews comparing games, which is against the rules.

Last edited:

qweasd55

Nov 28, 2018
I downloaded v8 season 1_2 for windows in separate links by mega but after unzipping .. i found empty folder zero bit ... Can any one help me with please ?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I don't think there's any beef of any sort here. I know College Kings has a major beef, since they're a poor imitation.

I see General above mentioned AOA Academy, but I have no idea why, as I've played that game and the two of them honestly feel nothing alike whatsoever, so I can't imagine why anyone would give a shit.
Life in SC is the biggest offender. They straight up rip code right out of BaDIK. The phone graphics/mechanics are an exact match and they even use some of the same background songs. The big difference is the dialogue writing. This is where DPC shines and other devs fall painfully short. I'm not saying DPC (who certainly has issues with his story logic and over-reliance on drama) is the second coming of Tarantino or anything like that, but the man knows how to write a scene with engaging conversation.

Aside from the lewds, I think character dialogue interaction may be my favourite part of the game. I don't know how, but DPC can always make an interesting scene out of two people just sitting in a room talking. If he could ease back from the spiderweb plot dramas and clean up some of the logic issues, then the sky is the limit.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
It's nothing to do with the devs, it's the f95 moderators who bar mention of other games in reviews, because it's against the review rules?
Thanks. Yes, that is true, but I'm not sure that's the only reason. All I know is I've seen BaDIK singled out by name as the "game that shall not be mentioned." Given that it's the most popular, I guess that might be expected.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Meushi and LizaS

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Thanks. Yes, that is true, but I'm not sure that's the only reason. All I know is I've seen BaDIK singled out by name as the "game that shall not be mentioned." Given that it's the most popular, I guess that might be expected.
Thing is, the comparison with BaDIK is so widespread, I saw this comment on another VN that is just starting without the college-thrope whatsoever, frats, etc. It's in a summer vacation set type of story. And yet, it is still being compared. I guess, whoever prohibits mentioning BaDIK is kinda justified. I'll get annoyed to people like these as well.
Untitled.png

Reactions: Tumblingjoint

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
They are nothing alike. There are some common elements (college, freeroams) and the dev included some obvious parodies of BADIK elements (knock off frat). That's all it takes for some people to decide they're comparable.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, nothing to do with the dev. The moderators put that warning there. Even devs who own their thread have no power to remove or edit other users reviews or posts. Go look in off topic, there are whole threads with devs arguing with the moderators/staff about why reviews have or haven't been removed/edited etc.

And the moderators put warnings like that on threads when numpties constantly post reviews comparing games, which is against the rules.
I don't blame the devs or moderators for that matter if they do this. They want their game to be judged on its own. Comparing something like BaDIK to others is not a fair comparison, given the shear number of branches and characters and the general direction of the game.
There is a clear cut rule:

"Please avoid advertising other games in game threads, this will often derail the discussion."

That rule exists among other rules with the aim to avoid derailing a thread.

Any mention of BaDIK in other similar veined game threads will ultimately devolve into a huge argument, and since BaDIK is the leader of the pack in this sub genre, it's not fair to other efforts to keep bringing it up in their own threads.

To be honest, I haven't found any games in this college AVN genre to be blatant ripoffs of BaDIK. College has certain tropes that BaDIK doesn't own, and it's what we expect from a college setting.

Sororities, fraternities, hot teachers, fights, nerd/jock rivalries etc., it wouldn't be college if these were omitted.

BaDIK definitely inspired a lot of these games, just like BaDIK was inspired by movies in the genre, and I wouldn't go so far as to suggest these other games didn't jump on the band wagon after BaDIK's exceptional reception, but I wouldn't label them as knockoffs either.

Frosh Life was one game that died a death that I thought started off great; it was just goofy college fun. The rest are a little overly grandiose, but nice distractions between BaDIK episode. :giggle:

Life in SC is the biggest offender. They straight up rip code right out of BaDIK. The phone graphics/mechanics are an exact match and they even use some of the same background songs. The big difference is the dialogue writing. This is where DPC shines and other devs fall painfully short. I'm not saying DPC (who certainly has issues with his story logic and over-reliance on drama) is the second coming of Tarantino or anything like that, but the man knows how to write a scene with engaging conversation.

Aside from the lewds, I think character dialogue interaction may be my favourite part of the game. I don't know how, but DPC can always make an interesting scene out of two people just sitting in a room talking. If he could ease back from the spiderweb plot dramas and clean up some of the logic issues, then the sky is the limit.
Definitely the dialogue flows very well. Most other games eventually bog down, the dialogue becomes tedious, and eventually I need to stop for a few days or else I find myself fast forwarding. What's amazing is that all the characters are distinct in their style, yet they are all compelling reading. It's even fun to read Tybalt's bullshit.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Thing is, the comparison with BaDIK is so widespread, I saw this comment on another VN that is just starting without the college-thrope whatsoever, frats, etc. It's in a summer vacation set type of story. And yet, it is still being compared. I guess, whoever prohibits mentioning BaDIK is kinda justified. I'll get annoyed to people like these as well.
View attachment 1867564
Honestly, I think the direct comparisons would be a real time-saver for deciding whether to try out a new game while I'm waiting for this one. A lot of the times the dialogue just gives me headaches, the characters look kinda meh, or there's something about it that's just not up to par.
If the first review I read said "Oh yea, this is on the same level" then that would definitely convince me to give it a try. If it said "kind of sucks compared to BADIK" then I'd probably just skip it.
It's kind of hard to find something as interesting as this game that also has a dev who's made this a full-time thing which can pretty much guarantee that I won't be seeing an "abandoned" tag ever.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes