walker188

Apr 30, 2017
True and Maya crushing used to be more prevalent in the old days. Now it's quite a change to see someone boldly walk in, unzip, flop his dick on the table and say, "I love Maya. There, what's up now bitchez? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
Gotta respect that.
I respectfully disagree. I have no problem with being an outsider, especially on an internet forum.

But Maya used to be better, both in a relative sense, and an actual sense. Maya in the first few episodes isn't just a love interest, she's your best friend, a fellow outsider. Its the two of you, back to back against the world. She's also interesting, mysterious and happy. Contrast that to a few episodes later, and while some may take the lesbian betrayal personally (I didn't) her personality changes. She becomes mopy, low energy and irrationally angry. Meanwhile, all the other characters (human characters anyway, raccoons don't count) only get better as the episodes go on. Sage goes from cool slut, to cool slutty friend who has your back and is pretty damn capable, Bella goes from ice queen, to mentor figure who is exploring her sexuality and intimacy issues with you, Josy....returns and is Josy I guess...I'm not really a Josy guy. So while Maya used to be just the BEST girl, she got knocked down, while everyone else rose up. She's still working on getting some of that luster back, but she's doing good.

I am, and have always been a Maya fan, I'm enough of a Maya fan that I even bang Josy to make her happy, i know, i know, its a huge sacrifice, not all heroes wear capes.

Sage still best girl though.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Yeah, I agree with those sentiments.

The mc started off shy and rather "wet behind the ears". He timidly chatted to Josy, its likely he never even would have made contact if she hadn't walked in on him rehearsing his lines to her.

He had almost no power with Quinn, she called all the shots and he just looked weak.

He was ready to leave college because the DIKs were mean to him.

Now he's pretty much Rusty's right hand man, he's fucked just about every girl on campus, and he's dating whichever typically unattainable girl you wanna choose - the preppy princess (Jill), the librarian ice queen (Bella), the HOT president (Sage) or the manipulative bitch (Maya... no sorry, I mean Quinn :p).

He thinks nothing of whipping his cock out in front of a bunch of girls in a jacuzzi for them to suck on.

He almost singlehandedly spearheaded the recovery of the DIK mansion.

He's taken on every tough guy on campus and mostly won.

Underdog stories are good while they are climbing out of the pit, but the mc's now at the top.

There's no one left to prove himself to, there's no one left to conquer. So, what's left for him to do?

There's really just a bunch of fun events (Halloween, Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, Spring Break), and maybe one or two new antagonist (Vinny, and/or perhaps Burke), and then it's happily every after.

Oh yeah, and then there's Zoey... :sneaky:
I personally hate underdog stories. They're a dime a dozen and not at all hard to write. But a good writer (DPC is pretty good) can write a story about a powerful character and still have it be engaging, they do need to come up against challenges and obstacles, but just because they're strong, doesn't make them not interesting.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I respectfully disagree. I have no problem with being an outsider, especially on an internet forum.

But Maya used to be better, both in a relative sense, and an actual sense. Maya in the first few episodes isn't just a love interest, she's your best friend, a fellow outsider. Its the two of you, back to back against the world. She's also interesting, mysterious and happy. Contrast that to a few episodes later, and while some may take the lesbian betrayal personally (I didn't) her personality changes. She becomes mopy, low energy and irrationally angry. Meanwhile, all the other characters (human characters anyway, raccoons don't count) only get better as the episodes go on. Sage goes from cool slut, to cool slutty friend who has your back and is pretty damn capable, Bella goes from ice queen, to mentor figure who is exploring her sexuality and intimacy issues with you, Josy....returns and is Josy I guess...I'm not really a Josy guy. So while Maya used to be just the BEST girl, she got knocked down, while everyone else rose up. She's still working on getting some of that luster back, but she's doing good.

I am, and have always been a Maya fan, I'm enough of a Maya fan that I even bang Josy to make her happy, i know, i know, its a huge sacrifice, not all heroes wear capes.

Sage still best girl though.
I don't think we are really in disagreement. Maya was popular in the beginning until the big reveal. After that, her popularity dropped off (for various reasons) and many true Maya fans disappeared into the shadow realm. It's cool that they are coming back into the light now. Maybe the OP and I have given them courage to return. You're right, not all heroes wear capes...I'm a hero too now :cool:
I haven't seen this much Maya love since season 1.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
I personally hate underdog stories. They're a dime a dozen...

I can understand your view on the underdog, but almost all plotlines are now a dime a dozen, not just the underdog. I'm not sure what's better.
  • The Fallen Hero?
  • The Outcast?
  • Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy meets dog, magaclaawe wets himself?

I think we're at the point in narrative art history that a truly unique plot that resembles no existing trope is extraordinarily rare (like that last one in the list ;)).

But I'm with you, in that I feel despite his shortcomings, DPC is an overall good writer. He manages to make almost every storyline entertaining to me.

I also firmly believe that the ones posting how horrible a writer he is are either trolling or deluding themselves. If he were truly so horrible, they wouldn't be playing the game episode after episode. And if they were in it only for the faps, they would just unren the game and look at the stills and movies.

Last edited:

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Maya in the first few episodes isn't just a love interest, she's your best friend, a fellow outsider. Its the two of you, back to back against the world.
this. this is why she was and still is the best LI for me. MC and maya have this connection since the start and that's what makes her special

I don't think we are really in disagreement. Maya was popular in the beginning until the big reveal.
I haven't seen this much Maya love since season 1.
I started playing a few days before episode 7 got out
I haven't had to go through the time between episodes with the cliffhangers, especially the reveal one, so my thoughts about her didn't have a chance to change
as walker wrote in the above quote, it was two of you from the start, against everything thrown your way.

josy got a lot better later on, especially after the party scene in ep 8 when elena says "you should see how she brightens up when he is mentioned" and only because of that got close to maya

but still... maya is love.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
I personally hate underdog stories. They're a dime a dozen and not at all hard to write. But a good writer (DPC is pretty good) can write a story about a powerful character and still have it be engaging, they do need to come up against challenges and obstacles, but just because they're strong, doesn't make them not interesting.
But it is an underdog story. Or it WAS, rather. S1 and the whole premise was all about that. Suddenly, by the end of S2 it's almost come to its conclusion. In other words, the approach isn't consistent at all and DPC isn't a good writer. Either it was his plan all along or it has been changed in the process, doesn't matter. Any possible tension regarding the MC is gone now. Luckily, this game has other, much more appealing aspects such as humour, cool animation and stuff.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Maya is my number #1 too, but if DPC make me choose between two LIs again i will kill myself and leave 13 voice record tapes and all 13 will have DPC's name.
This sounds like a cool TV series idea! :eek:

I can understand your view on the underdog, but almost all plotlines are now a dime a dozen, not just the underdog. I'm not sure what's better.
  • The Fallen Hero?
  • The Outcast?
  • Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy meets dog, magaclawe wets himself?

I think we're at the point in narrative art history that a truly unique plot that resembles no existing trope is extraordinarily rare (like that last one in the list ;)).

But I'm with you, in that I feel despite his shortcomings, DPC is an overall good writer. He manages to make almost every storyline entertaining to me.

I also firmly believe that the ones posting how horrible a writer he is are either trolling or deluding themselves. If he were truly so horrible, they wouldn't be playing the game episode after episode. And if they were in it only for the faps, they would just unren the game and look at the stills and movies.
The funny thing is, people (in general, not necessarily here) say they want something new, but when they get something new they complain that it "doesn't know what it wants to be". I hate that phase from critics. :mad: They want something new but they want it to conform to what they know. :rolleyes:

The truth is, we feel comfortable with what we know, we embrace it. The pioneer of anything new gets shunned, until enough of that new shit is around people are able to look back and say, "It was ahead of its time!" :rolleyes:

BaDIK is popular, I think, because it takes what we know and love and does it well: College, girls, alcohol, sex, friends, and scary librarians. (y)

But it is an underdog story. Or it WAS, rather. S1 and the whole premise was all about that. Suddenly, by the end of S2 it's almost come to its conclusion. In other words, the approach isn't consistent at all and DPC isn't a good writer. Either it was his plan all along or it has been changed in the process, doesn't matter. Any possible tension regarding the MC is gone now. Luckily, this game has other, much more appealing aspects such as humour, cool animation and stuff.
I think the mc transitioning from a shy guy to what he is now is fine. I think the naked streak from the HOTs as well as the CUMPetition definitely make an impact on him. I wouldn't call that bad writing, it was exactly the hook that suckered so many people into the game for so long.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
HalfWay!

• Since the last status update, the Renders queue probably growth by about 300.
  • It's blurry but we probably had 10 animations and 200 renders done that week.
  • That time, in a pessimism scenario, it's surely half done with the release.
  • Estimate as wide as 32 weeks - 38 weeks. Mid October - End November.
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size (GB)​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9≈2000 (<2500)≈160 (195)
in development
133 (4 months, 11 days |≈19 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 5 months, 8 day (41 months / 179 weeks / 1,254 days / 30,096 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes