Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Looking at old Discord posts some more, and there was a little discussion among the completionists that DPC jumped into:

View attachment 1951313

View attachment 1951314

He gave no clue as to what it was or how it could be found, and now my life is totally disrupted until I find it.

View attachment 1951361
Unpack the game files, and read the script. I mean, I don't know how to do it (I'm a wood worker, Jim, not a bloody game developer!), but I've seen people talking about doing stuff like that, so it must be possible.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
DIK isn't a direct synonym for asshole; the MC will be more blunt, hotheaded and profane, but he's still fundamentally the kid Neil raised. Meanwhile CHICKs are calmer and more measured, but you'll still become a de facto leader of the DIKs.

Besides, you don't necessarily need to go all in on DIK/CHICK. Permanent DIK Affinity requires making 11 Major DIK decisions by the end of Chapter 8. That means you can make up to 4 CHICK decisions safely (of vice versa). So if you don't want the MC to be the sort of man who would solicit prostitution or sleep with a professor, you can just pick the CHICK options at those crises. Likewise if you want your CHICK MC not to back down from a fight, you can play him that way (though that will use up most of your indulgences).

Now we don't know how Affinity will be handled in Season 3+, so it's possible you'll eventually be railroaded into choices you don't like. But given DPC added Neutral options to Major Decisions in Episode 8, I think that's unlikely. I think your individual decision are more likely to cause problems than your Affinity.

Eh, I'd say the odds are good DPC is either trolling or the eventual line will be an extremely minor variation of a more common one.

Still, if you need to track it down... we know the game tracks which lines you've seen so it can flag lines that are safe to skip. Is there an easy way to compare a list of flagged lines to a list of all lines and thus create a list of unseen lines?
To add to the MC's bluntness, he is also very rude to his father in many of their interactions. More so than anyone else in my opinion. As for the affinities they seem to be unbalanced so far. As of right now Neutral is essentially the same as a Chick affinity. They both just lock you out of Dik actions so far with Dik affinity locking out Chick. Hopefully the execution of the affinities gets some love in season three or there really isn't any incentive to play as Neutral at all, for me at least. It's not "true" Neutral to me.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Speaking of affinity, the choices we make with Zoey in the Interlude, they clearly are of the DIK-Chick spectrum. Unless it's been mentioned somewhere and I didn't see it, pretty sure it'll get into play with the MC in Episode 9.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
seem though if you can manage to stay neutral or nearly neutral then most (if not all) options are open
Na there are plenty options closed for neutral... especially with girls.

Its kinda not worth it to play neutral. Many options need a dik or chick affintiy and are greyed out if youre neutral... wanna bang Camilla and Mona at the toilet after giving them your shorts? good luck as neutral... will not work... get lewd with maya in chapter 3? Nope not as neutral. And so on (its like that nearly every time you want to get lewd with girls)... there is not one single option where you NEED to be neutral though. I played so many playthroughs, cant even count anymore (way more then 15) and several as neutral, but in my opinion, the only thing that makes it worth to experience a neutral playthrough, are the slightly different reactions by the MC. He acts just a little different than as a Dik or chick in some textlines, but thats about it... in my opinion there isnt any benefit in being neutral... and its kinda shizo too, you have to switch plenty between chick and dik major choices to stay neutral...

and than its like this maybe: using quinns restaurant but not fight the jocks... or vice versa. or fight caleb but not tommy... and i constantly think "yeah that sucks, make up your mind dude"

There should be options for neutrals too, but there arent. after you get a permanent neutral affinity you can jump between MAJOR dik and chick options as you like (as i remember you can get permanent neutral in episode 7, so you have a handful major choices left where you can choose what you want), but as i said, this feels kinda shizo or psycho ^^ but thats the only benefit in the long run... but it stays that way... for many girls you need a permanent chick or dik affintiy to experience many lewd scenes. as a neutral you miss out plenty.

I would recommend to play on playthrough as a neutral, just for the slightly different experience, other than that, better make up your mind for the paths you choose for the playthrough. There is no point anyway to stay neutral if you want maya, Josy or Jill.

To summarize... neutral is kinda a "experimental" route to figure out how much is possible and how many girls of both routes you can get, but youll miss out many lewd scenes overall...

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Speaking of affinity, the choices we make with Zoey in the Interlude, they clearly are of the DIK-Chick spectrum. Unless it's been mentioned somewhere and I didn't see it, pretty sure it'll get into play with the MC in Episode 9.
there is a walkthrough in the opening post, and yep... its obviously that there are two different paths for her too, chick or dik like. And its a major difference at the end too. But dont know how this will effect the future... hopefully not that much. But it shows clearly, Zoe will be a major part in the game, maybe more than any other girl. Cause not one single girl got this much attention from DPC.

And of course you can look up in the code and see that its indeed the case with the "dik and chick" points for zoe.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

I playtested and polished parts of the episode last week. It was a very nice experience. No matter how you play the episode, it will be a long one.

I also wrote some remaining scenes, including a long scene for the Josy and Maya branch and some lewd scenes. Furthermore, I posed some animations and static renders.

As promised, for today, I've attempted to summarize the current status of the Episode 9 development.

I'll start with the stats and give my general take on the development at the end.

Work completed:
  • 2815 renders (2694 renders produced, 121 in the render queue)
  • 205 animations (179 animations produced, 26 in the render queue)
  • 13 songs
  • 2 sound effects
  • 23747 written lines of code for story + free roam events. It's the biggest episode in terms of content, based on this number alone. Episode 8 had 22055 lines of code, 7% less by this standard.
Work that remains:
  • Make static renders for 69 written scenes of various lengths.
  • Make animations and static renders, and write for a few lewd scenes.
  • Write and make art for ~15 more scenes.
  • Make static renders for Jill's special render set.
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Write some code needed for other mini-games.
  • Add music
  • Add SFX
  • Add phone content (Rooster, Phone chats/Calls, Bios, Stats, Pack Quest, Vault)
  • Add collectibles (special renders/2D art/scenes)
  • Make art and update the main menu with Season 3 art.
  • Playtest and polish
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.

Overall completion:

My best shot at estimating a completion % right now is:

Static renders: 65-70%

Animations: 68%

Writing/Coding: 90%

Render and animation numbers are based on a target of ~4000 renders and 300 animations; subject to change if needed. The writing/coding percentage is my gut feeling.

All-in-all, this list of tasks looks standard to me. I'm feeling confident and also happy about it. The art takes the longest time to produce, and we've come a long way since the Interlude was released. I usually fly through the rest of the task list faster when it's time to make it.

Take this report with a grain of salt. Things will get clearer with every passing week.

Now we all have a better understanding of the state of development.

I will push on with writing, and static renders next week and soon switch focus to animating again.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

I playtested and polished parts of the episode last week. It was a very nice experience. No matter how you play the episode, it will be a long one.

I also wrote some remaining scenes, including a long scene for the Josy and Maya branch and some lewd scenes. Furthermore, I posed some animations and static renders.

As promised, for today, I've attempted to summarize the current status of the Episode 9 development.

I'll start with the stats and give my general take on the development at the end.

Work completed:
  • 13 songs
  • 2 sound effects
  • 23747 written lines of code for story + free roam events. It's the biggest episode in terms of content, based on this number alone. Episode 8 had 22055 lines of code, 7% less by this standard.
Work that remains:
  • Add music
  • Add SFX
  • Add phone content (Rooster, Phone chats/Calls, Bios, Stats, Pack Quest, Vault)
  • Playtest and polish

Overall completion:

Render and animation numbers are based on a target of ~4000 renders and 300 animations; subject to change if needed. The writing/coding percentage is my gut feeling.

All-in-all, this list of tasks looks standard to me. I'm feeling confident and also happy about it. The art takes the longest time to produce, and we've come a long way since the Interlude was released. I usually fly through the rest of the task list faster when it's time to make it.

Take this report with a grain of salt. Things will get clearer with every passing week.

I will push on with writing, and static renders next week and soon switch focus to animating again.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Good to see you still doing the Lord's work, missed you last week baby.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021

Work completed:
  • 13 songs
  • 2 sound effects
Work that remains:
  • Add music
  • Add SFX
  • Playtest and polish

Overall completion:

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
What an insane numbers again. And still i remember DPC telling us that from Episode 9 and up he would make them shorter to give us less waiting time. And look what he comes up with :ROFLMAO:
This will be worth the wait i'm sure of it. True, sometimes i wish he would just wrap it up and update faster but then again... once he comes with his update it is so much worth the wait and we all can play for hours again.

So what do you think? Late september or is it going to be mid october?

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Looking at old Discord posts some more, and there was a little discussion among the completionists that DPC jumped into:
He gave no clue as to what it was or how it could be found, and now my life is totally disrupted until I find it.
Yeah, not enough info there to track down what line DPC is referring to.

But if you want to torture yourself some more, it's easy to see how many dialogue lines you've yet to see (with the current persistent at least).

Hit F2 to display the progress_screen. Some text will appear in the top left of the screen. In the interlude I get:
0 1314/1455

Those numbers are:
renpy.count_newly_seen_dialogue_blocks() - the number of dialogue blocks the user has seen for the first time during this session.
renpy.count_seen_dialogue_blocks() - the number of dialogue blocks the user has seen in any play-through of the current game.
renpy.count_dialogue_blocks() - the total number of dialogue blocks in the game's original language.

Hit F2 again to hide the progress_screen.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DIK isn't a direct synonym for asshole; the MC will be more blunt, hotheaded and profane, but he's still fundamentally the kid Neil raised. Meanwhile CHICKs are calmer and more measured, but you'll still become a de facto leader of the DIKs.

Besides, you don't necessarily need to go all in on DIK/CHICK. Permanent DIK Affinity requires making 11 Major DIK decisions by the end of Chapter 8. That means you can make up to 4 CHICK decisions safely (of vice versa). So if you don't want the MC to be the sort of man who would solicit prostitution or sleep with a professor, you can just pick the CHICK options at those crises. Likewise if you want your CHICK MC not to back down from a fight, you can play him that way (though that will use up most of your indulgences).

Now we don't know how Affinity will be handled in Season 3+, so it's possible you'll eventually be railroaded into choices you don't like. But given DPC added Neutral options to Major Decisions in Episode 8, I think that's unlikely. I think your individual decision are more likely to cause problems than your Affinity.
As for affinity in Season 3, I think DPC will keep the Major Choice model from EP8, as the MC will always have the Neutral Choice.

The way I see it, the Neutral Choice will be there to put the affinity-related choices of the game into perspective.

Reactions: ename144 and LizaS

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
What an insane numbers again. And still i remember DPC telling us that from Episode 9 and up he would make them shorter to give us less waiting time. And look what he comes up with :ROFLMAO:
This will be worth the wait i'm sure of it. True, sometimes i wish he would just wrap it up and update faster but then again... once he comes with his update it is so much worth the wait and we all can play for hours again.

more like late october,

its not just a coincidence that this epsiode is about Halloween. Maybe not planned from the start to be released aroudn Halloween, but its most likely the case now.

Its pretty easy to do the math here... he is working on this episode now for about 4 months, even a little more, cause he started already before the interlude was released. so lets say 4-5 months. Overall he is about 70% done, but making all the content is just one part, bugfixing, playtesting, polishing and such will take a while too. And we all know, DPC dont releases sloppy work. So for that you can easily count about 2-3 weeks too. So i think he will at least need the whole august and whole september to create everything he wants, and than it takes some time for the "postproduction", at least another 2 weeks.

with that iam in mid october now... a week or two puffer i guess and it will be most likely be late october for a release... early october is very optimistic, november would be a little pesimistic... so yeah, ill stick with late october like i did the whole time i think.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

The DPC has given an estimated number of animations/renders for Episode 9. If these numbers are accurate, then there are 1200 static renders and 95 animations left. I think he will finish the visual by the end of September, in two months. Then a few weeks for testing. I'm guessing the release window is mid-late October.

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
OctoberLocked!

• Progress since two weeks: about 700 renders (50 R/D) and about 20 animations (1.43 A/D Steady!) been done.
  • Theoretically at that same rate, Renders are done in 26 Days and Animations in 85 Days.
  • Total Animation Time should hit around 35-40 Minutes.
  • Release Estimate: 32 weeks - 34 weeks. Mid to End October.
Renders ■■■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■ 67%
Animations ■■■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■■■ 60%
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size (GB)​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP92694 (2815)
Target ≈4000
179 (205)
Target ≈300
13 (2.5K$)
in development
147 (4 months, 25 days |≈21 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 5 months, 22 day (41 months / 181 weeks / 1,268 days / 30,432 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
(y) Thumb up to AchedCroissant EP9 Preview collection.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes