Jan 16, 2022
So, while the big mini game took 3 Episodes, It seems the halloween party minigame will happen during this entire episode, probably ending It with the party as the last free-roam.

Should be interesting to see where we go from this... Expect some shenanigans for Thanksgiving (MC going to meet LIs family??), maybe Christmas party 2 or 3 Episodes down the road...

DPC takes a while to publish his content, but give how strong it is, I'd rather have his Full vision, one which makes him happy and feel accomplished than any other way

Trust the Doc

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
So, while the big mini game took 3 Episodes, It seems the halloween party minigame will happen during this entire episode, probably ending It with the party as the last free-roam.

Should be interesting to see where we go from this... Expect some shenanigans for Thanksgiving (MC going to meet LIs family??), maybe Christmas party 2 or 3 Episodes down the road...

DPC takes a while to publish his content, but give how strong it is, I'd rather have his Full vision, one which makes him happy and feel accomplished than any other way

Trust the Doc
Iam not sure about the party minigame though... i think it will get a introduction in this episode and will be a feature in many epsiodes to come, replacing the mansion game for now.

I dont think we will play it "full on" for the Halloween party, cause the "planing" for this party is already rolling like we can see during the meeting with Quinn and sage. So i think it will be just a short introduction with some things we have to "manage" to get the party started, but not that much... and after a nice Halloween party we will get the task to plan the next big party, but this will take more effort, maybe during the overall next episode we have to "play" it.
i dont think there will be another big party like that in the second episode of season 3, just some "normal" one. and maybe at the final episode of season 3 (would be the 12th) we will get another big party where its decided how the "planing" works out... something like that.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Na there are plenty options closed for neutral... especially with girls.

Its kinda not worth it to play neutral. Many options need a dik or chick affintiy and are greyed out if youre neutral... wanna bang Camilla and Mona at the toilet after giving them your shorts? good luck as neutral... will not work... get lewd with maya in chapter 3? Nope not as neutral. And so on (its like that nearly every time you want to get lewd with girls)... there is not one single option where you NEED to be neutral though. I played so many playthroughs, cant even count anymore (way more then 15) and several as neutral, but in my opinion, the only thing that makes it worth to experience a neutral playthrough, are the slightly different reactions by the MC. He acts just a little different than as a Dik or chick in some textlines, but thats about it... in my opinion there isnt any benefit in being neutral... and its kinda shizo too, you have to switch plenty between chick and dik major choices to stay neutral...

and than its like this maybe: using quinns restaurant but not fight the jocks... or vice versa. or fight caleb but not tommy... and i constantly think "yeah that sucks, make up your mind dude"

There should be options for neutrals too, but there arent. after you get a permanent neutral affinity you can jump between MAJOR dik and chick options as you like (as i remember you can get permanent neutral in episode 7, so you have a handful major choices left where you can choose what you want), but as i said, this feels kinda shizo or psycho ^^ but thats the only benefit in the long run... but it stays that way... for many girls you need a permanent chick or dik affintiy to experience many lewd scenes. as a neutral you miss out plenty.

I would recommend to play on playthrough as a neutral, just for the slightly different experience, other than that, better make up your mind for the paths you choose for the playthrough. There is no point anyway to stay neutral if you want maya, Josy or Jill.

To summarize... neutral is kinda a "experimental" route to figure out how much is possible and how many girls of both routes you can get, but youll miss out many lewd scenes overall...
I'll probably finish up playing through as a major DIK (as it describes me at the moment) and then see if I can find the time to go back and do a full CHICK run through.....but so many games still to even start and then I need to go back and check for updates on he better ones....so long term plan is in 1 year I hope to have eliminated at least half of my list of 60 or more

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I also wrote some remaining scenes, including a long scene for the Josy and Maya branch and some lewd scenes
A long scene maybe this is when MC tells Josy and Maya his choice which leads going fully into JosyMaya relationship or you pick just one of them, or maybe a real 3some with Josy and Maya :love: :love: :love:

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
I so agree with you and I have written this several times. Nothing is worse than a neutral affinity, because it clearly shows that the MC has no own opinion or does not want to or can not make a decision. (y)

It is like in real life. If a person does not have his own opinion and also does not make a decision, other persons will take over this for this person.

Therefore it is better for the MC to be either DIK or CHICK, because he positions himself clearly. The future neutral decisions actually only show whether the MC is tolerant towards people who think differently.

This is actually what Maya taught the MC in EP6 when she helped him with gender studies. :rolleyes:
I have to disagree, having a neutral affinity does not mean the MC have no opinion, it shows that his opinion is not DIK or CHICK but other. I i have a neutral affinity i clearly decided for this, also IRL you can be neutral but having your own opinion. Neutral also means sometimes, i agree with both or with none of them.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I have to disagree, having a neutral affinity does not mean the MC have no opinion, it shows that his opinion is not DIK or CHICK but other. I i have a neutral affinity i clearly decided for this, also IRL you can be neutral but having your own opinion. Neutral also means sometimes, i agree with both or with none of them.
Sry nah, not in this game... you have to switch between DIK and CHICK choices in a way that it makes just no sense at all if you want to be a "neutral" guy who doesnt step on other toes...

Of course, youre right... to be a "neutral" guy is some complete normal thing, in real life... but in this game? The choices you have to make are either chick or dik, NEVER neutral (in between). So youre forced to jump back and forth the entire time to be neutral, but that is not neutral at all, its shizo.

like: "come on i beat up troy" and than "yeah i beat up the jocks too, oh wait, no i cant i have to be neutral so i dont fight them now cause this would be another dik point, i need the chick point now" really, you think that is a "neutral way" to be? aha

In staying neutral this game just makes no sense like this... and DPC should have considered that more, like implement neutral choices too, but there are none.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I hope this means a better threesome scene than the one we've had although I'm not complaining but a better threesome is needed
This is like music to my ears :love:
Hold up, didn't he say he already workked on the big threesome scene? If so, then that "big threesome scene" is separate from this new threesome scene that he is working on for M&J (and they certainly need one by ep. 9). So who is the other threesome with?

Although I would love another Cammy/Riona, we had one already and I think it will be someone new. Same with Quinn/Sage. I doubt it is going to be Zoey. She would have MC before anyone else. Besides, she wasn't interested in sex during entire San Diego, so I really doubt she is suddenly going to whore it up with a bunch of strangers at B&R either. (And if Zoey/Madame, I riot :mad: ). So who else? More strippers? No, again that would be retreading old ground. I think the devil's threesome is on the menu with either JB/Elena...or maybe a lesser chance with Tommy/Heather.

Could it be Bella/Jill? :PogChamp:
No, it would be nice, but Jill still has her jealousy points to work on and DPC isn't so kind as to give fans such a bounty. I just hope it isn't with a couple of randos like that one with fish lips and meth mouth in toilet stall at the dorm party.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sry nah, not in this game... you have to switch between DIK and CHICK choices in a way that it makes just no sense at all if you want to be a "neutral" guy who doesnt step on other toes...

Of course, youre right... to be a "neutral" guy is some complete normal thing, in real life... but in this game? The choices you have to make are either chick or dik, NEVER neutral (in between). So youre forced to jump back and forth the entire time to be neutral, but that is not neutral at all, its shizo.

like: "come on i beat up troy" and than "yeah i beat up the jocks too, oh wait, no i cant i have to be neutral so i dont fight them now cause this would be another dik point, i need the chick point now" really, you think that is a "neutral way" to be? aha

In staying neutral this game just makes no sense like this... and DPC should have considered that more, like implement neutral choices too, but there are none.
I don't think it's schizo to choose an assortment of DIK and Chick affinity options.

Here are all the affinity oriented choices, and the highlighted are my typical options:
  • Fight Troy or storm out
  • Accept or reject Quinn's offer
  • Leave Steve or Talk to him
  • Fight Jocks or run off
  • Progress things with Jade or stop her
  • Party without limits at Strip club or don't
  • Smoke Weed with Quinn or don't
  • Fight Caleb or Walk away
  • Punch Tybalt or Walk away
  • Fight Tommy or don't fight
  • Use Fake ID or Stay Home
  • Go to Strip club or volunteer for Old folks home
  • Evict the Alphas from the HOTs party or ignore them
  • Study the answers in toilet or flush them (or just walk away)
  • Get revenge on the nerds or calm Derek down
Those options only just scrape it into the DIK permanent affinity, as 11 choices either way lock you in.

If someone wanted to do the above but avoid fighting and choose to hang with the Madame, it would result in a neutral mc:
  • Fight Troy or storm out
  • Accept or reject Quinn's offer
  • Leave Steve or Talk to him
  • Fight Jocks or run off
  • Progress things with Jade or stop her
  • Party without limits at Strip club or don't
  • Smoke Weed with Quinn or don't
  • Fight Caleb or Walk away
  • Punch Tybalt or Walk away
  • Fight Tommy or don't fight
  • Use Fake ID or Stay Home
  • Go to Strip club or volunteer for Old folks home
  • Evict the Alphas from the HOTs party or ignore them
  • Study the answers in toilet or flush them (or just walk away)
  • Get revenge on the nerds or calm Derek down
This would be the "Lover not a Fighter" path.

Hold up, didn't he say he already workked on the big threesome scene? If so, then that "big threesome scene" is separate from this new threesome scene that he is working on for M&J (and they certainly need one by ep. 9). So who is the other threesome with?

Although I would love another Cammy/Riona, we had one already and I think it will be someone new. Same with Quinn/Sage. I doubt it is going to be Zoey. She would have MC before anyone else. Besides, she wasn't interested in sex during entire San Diego, so I really doubt she is suddenly going to whore it up with a bunch of strangers at B&R either. (And if Zoey/Madame, I riot :mad: ). So who else? More strippers? No, again that would be retreading old ground. I think the devil's threesome is on the menu with either JB/Elena...or maybe a lesser chance with Tommy/Heather.

Could it be Bella/Jill? :PogChamp:
No, it would be nice, but Jill still has her jealousy points to work on and DPC isn't so kind as to give fans such a bounty. I just hope it isn't with a couple of randos like that one with fish lips and meth mouth in toilet stall at the dorm party.
Not sure if DPC is going down the MMF path, but it could be Elena & John boy.

But it's most likely a couple of the vixens.

Jan 16, 2022
Concerning Sage:

Yes, she may finish college earlier than MC, but it is not like she lives elsewhere.

She lives in the city that B&R is located.

She could very well keep seeing MC on a very regular basis.

There is no need for her to move far away, unless DPC wants to write it for the sake of the storytelling.

Reactions: goldenrule91

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Concerning Sage:

Yes, she may finish college earlier than MC, but it is not like she lives elsewhere.

She lives in the city that B&R is located.

She could very well keep seeing MC on a very regular basis.

There is no need for her to move far away, unless DPC wants to write it for the sake of the storytelling.
Sage knows everything that happens at school, she was the one who stole your guitar, not Chad. Everything except that Chad is gay :ROFLMAO: .
Not to mention that she is Mona's mother and she gave Mona the list of tests "sleeping with her stepfather" ,There are many crazy theories :unsure::devilish:

always86

Mar 19, 2020

I playtested and polished parts of the episode last week. It was a very nice experience. No matter how you play the episode, it will be a long one.

I also wrote some remaining scenes, including a long scene for the Josy and Maya branch and some lewd scenes. Furthermore, I posed some animations and static renders.

As promised, for today, I've attempted to summarize the current status of the Episode 9 development.

I'll start with the stats and give my general take on the development at the end.

Work completed:
  • 2815 renders (2694 renders produced, 121 in the render queue)
  • 205 animations (179 animations produced, 26 in the render queue)
  • 13 songs
  • 2 sound effects
  • 23747 written lines of code for story + free roam events. It's the biggest episode in terms of content, based on this number alone. Episode 8 had 22055 lines of code, 7% less by this standard.
Work that remains:
  • Make static renders for 69 written scenes of various lengths.
  • Make animations and static renders, and write for a few lewd scenes.
  • Write and make art for ~15 more scenes.
  • Make static renders for Jill's special render set.
  • Make some missing GUI for the new mini-game.
  • Write some code needed for other mini-games.
  • Add music
  • Add SFX
  • Add phone content (Rooster, Phone chats/Calls, Bios, Stats, Pack Quest, Vault)
  • Add collectibles (special renders/2D art/scenes)
  • Make art and update the main menu with Season 3 art.
  • Playtest and polish
  • Verify bug fixes from the Interlude.

Overall completion:

My best shot at estimating a completion % right now is:

Static renders: 65-70%

Animations: 68%

Writing/Coding: 90%

Render and animation numbers are based on a target of ~4000 renders and 300 animations; subject to change if needed. The writing/coding percentage is my gut feeling.

All-in-all, this list of tasks looks standard to me. I'm feeling confident and also happy about it. The art takes the longest time to produce, and we've come a long way since the Interlude was released. I usually fly through the rest of the task list faster when it's time to make it.

Take this report with a grain of salt. Things will get clearer with every passing week.

Now we all have a better understanding of the state of development.

I will push on with writing, and static renders next week and soon switch focus to animating again.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well I think it's a November release based on this. He's averaging a little over 8 animations completed a week and a little under 123 statics. Based on 1306 statics to render that's 11 weeks, October 14th plus beta time. 121 animations will essentially take a scratch under 15 weeks, plus beta time we're talking 11th November plus two weeks beta time. So a release window of October 28th to November 25th.

A few ways it could arrive sooner. 1. DPC is overestimating how much content he has left. 2. He could cut back on some scenes. 3. He is misrepresenting his progress. (I think this would be dumb and isn't likely).

This is the renders progress table. Finally passed episode fives static render level, but in fairness to 5 it released two weeks earlier in the development cycle.

1659115178622.png

The animation table looks like this. Animations have now surpassed 5 and 6 but not by much and episode 5 and 6 already released.

1659115370307.png

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That's true and all and could be said about whatever affinity you choose but I personally don't care for it at all. In a day to day sense you are going to make different choices and having choices locked out of a game because the game says you haven't played correctly to choose or see them just limits the players for no reason at all. I stops players from exploring the game on account of some imaginary karma system. It just stops you from making your own choices now that it is "permanent", it wasn't so bad before the hard lock.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
jamiesally.jpg jamieandsally

Just made an new playthrough, its been a while since i played the game with full attention... strikes me everytime that you find some "new" things that slipped through before.

Early on in episode 2 Jamie is dancing with Sally here... Jamies Girlfriend (Dany) was almost pregnant... Sally behaved kinda strange in the last episodes, could be a pretty good bet that she might be the pregnant girl, and Jamie might be the one?

Reactions: John Ness

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Well I think it's a November release based on this. He's averaging a little over 8 animations completed a week and a little under 123 statics. Based on 1306 statics to render that's 11 weeks, October 14th plus beta time. 121 animations will essentially take a scratch under 15 weeks, plus beta time we're talking 11th November plus two weeks beta time. So a release window of October 28th to November 25th.

A few ways it could arrive sooner. 1. DPC is overestimating how much contect he has left. 2. He could cut back on some scenes. 3. He is misrepresenting his progress. (I think this would be dumb and isn't likely).

This is the renders progress table. Finally passed episode fives static render level, but in fairness to 5 it also two weeks earlier in the development cycle.

View attachment 1953196

The animation table looks like this. Animations have now surpassed 5 and 6 but not by much and episode 5 and 6 already released.

View attachment 1953205

Just to illustrate the forcasted release window, here are the tables with the current averages upto and including his production targets plus two weeks beta testing.

1659116993285.png

1659117005086.png

Even though we know he's produced a higher average in previous releases, he's showed no evidcene of a significant uptick in this whole cycle.

Perhaps he could start beta testing while the last couple of dozen animations render and use placeholders but that doesn't really feel like his style.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes