anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
It is so fukkin weird to have such hatred for mods. Like you put grindy ass free roams and minigames in that is what you get.

DPC is just such an asshat about so many things.

Mods always outhack his impudent attempts in the end.

SMDH
If I was a dev and one of the main selling points of my game was replayability and the need for multiple plays to get all the content I would't want mods that allow people to get all the content on one playthrough.

You can turn off the minigames on BaD if you don't like them. The freeroams also aren't that grindy compared to other games, it's rare that you need to visit the same room more than twice on a roam.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
If I was a dev and one of the main selling points of my game was replayability and the need for multiple plays to get all the content I would't want mods that allow people to get all the content on one playthrough.

You can turn off the minigames on BaD if you don't like them. The freeroams also aren't that grindy compared to other games, it's rare that you need to visit the same room more than twice on a roam.
True. But fuck PinkCake, the mods help save time. Not everyone has the time to play hours and hours of multiple playthroughs. At least with a mod /cheat we can get most if not all scenes and routes in one playthrough.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
It happened, the Being a DIK wiki page was created. AAA game, now it's official.

Fandom is the worst in terms of wiki:
  • Management is a pain in the ass since the email address used for registration is not verified;
  • Ads everywhere, all the time;
  • A site full of tracking cookies.
Anyway, when you want to make a serious wiki, a self-hosted one is the way to go. Better a few editors with encyclopedic knowledge than a host of anonymous - each seeking to promote their own opinion about the game or their prefered love interest. Unless you have a dedicated community, but that's too rare.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Fandom is the worst in terms of wiki:
  • Management is a pain in the ass since the email address used for registration is not verified;
  • Ads everywhere, all the time;
  • A site full of tracking cookies.
Anyway, when you want to make a serious wiki, a self-hosted one is the way to go. Better a few editors with encyclopedic knowledge than a host of anonymous - each seeking to promote their own opinion about the game or their prefered love interest. Unless you have a dedicated community, but that's too rare.
Browser ad blockers are very helpful here in the situation you described. I don't see ads on websites for years.
As a reader, it is interesting for me to go to such wiki pages and study the lore of my favorite games.

Reactions: Vill3m and Sasanid

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
It's probably the angle, but it sure looks like Elena is wielding some sort of oppai pistol. :oops:

People always say Maya expects other people to solve her problems, but that's not true. Maya has always tried to solve her problem herself. Indeed, if you recall Maya was famously tight lipped about about her problems. Even at the end of Episode 6 when the HOT free tuition is revealed to be a lie, it was Josy who called the MC in, not Maya. Maya is despondent but she isn't asking the MC to fix things for her declines his $5000 when he offers it.

So Maya's problem isn't passivity, it's that she is looking for a quick, one-step solution when she should be taking an incremental approach. Getting a job would give her some short term options (like hiring a lawyer), and in the long run could obviate the problem eventually.

Now to be fair, from what we can tell Maya didn't have a lot of freedom growing up so she probably has very little experience with employment and finance (we know Patrick wouldn't even let her get a summer job picking strawberries). That can partially explain why Maya isn't thinking in incremental terms - she's a bit like Rusty when his dad refused to pay to repair the mansion.

But that excuse can only go so far; Maya's smart enough she should grasp the concept eventually, and we see signs of that when she mentions trying to finish college early to shorten her time under Patrick's thumb. But for whatever reason she can't seem to take the next step and realize the same principles apply to her debt, and unfortunately neither the MC nor Josy bother to point it our to her.

Eh, I think there's some question; what we've seen and learned of Patrick doesn't mesh all that smoothly with him being a low-level used-car salesman. But unless DPC plans to give Patrick a non-evil twin brother, the resemblance is too similar to be dismissed.
Maya is plagued by her supreme lack of confidence, something she seems to be finding more and more when the MC is around. She is smart, smarter than she appear at some points, and naive, you brought up good points about her upbringing, which ain't helping her at all. On the rare occasions she snapped, she was great, that slap on Quinn or that #FuckYouDawe moment on Rooster for example, but then her doubts comes back.

Hope DPC develops her more in the next episodes cause she really is lagging behind, that tuition thing has to resolve itself, one way or another.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
True. But fuck PinkCake, the mods help save time. Not everyone has the time to play hours and hours of multiple playthroughs. At least with a mod /cheat we can get most if not all scenes and routes in one playthrough.
Why do you bother playing a game you don't really want to play ?

And fuck PinkCake, seriously ?

Use the skip button, that's it.

Or use mods, and there are great modders on this site, but if your save is broken cause of that, you'll only have you to blame.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Finally got through the runs on the steam version, had to pay for the game after realizing how good it was.

I’ve got to say that I’m nervous about our boy Derek. That character is so likeable, no matter which run you do to the point that DPC might have developed a GRRM-like desire to kill him.
Now I'm intrigued, why do you think so ?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya is plagued by her supreme lack of confidence, something she seems to be finding more and more when the MC is around. She is smart, smarter than she appear at some points, and naive, you brought up good points about her upbringing, which ain't helping her at all. On the rare occasions she snapped, she was great, that slap on Quinn or that #FuckYouDawe moment on Rooster for example, but then her doubts comes back.

Hope DPC develops her more in the next episodes cause she really is lagging behind, that tuition thing has to resolve itself, one way or another.
In my opinion, a girl who believes she is being given a scholarship by winning a highly sexual treasure hunt is more brave and self-confident (bordering on reckless) than smart.

Or we explain it all away with desperation, but this path erases everything

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
In my opinion, a girl who believes she is being given a scholarship by winning a highly sexual treasure hunt is more brave and self-confident (bordering on reckless) than smart.

Despair is likely an option. People who find themselves in a hopeless situation think worse and may lose touch with reality. They act impulsively and without hesitation, grasping at the slightest hope.
And as a result, more often than others they become scammer victims.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019

Actually, you're right, some scenes at the library came back to mind, smart isn't the word I should have used.

But she is desperate, and reckless because of that, but especially naive enough to believe someone like Quinn, to her delight.

The rare instances where she was confident, she stood strong and took charge, but damn those are rare moments.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Despair is likely an option. People who find themselves in a hopeless situation think worse and may lose touch with reality. They act impulsively and without hesitation, grasping at the slightest hope.
And as a result, more often than others they become scammer victims.
Actually, you're right, some scenes at the library came back to mind, smart isn't the word I should have used.

But she is desperate, and reckless because of that, but especially naive enough to believe someone like Quinn, to her delight.

The rare instances where she was confident, she stood strong and took charge, but damn those are rare moments.
if you are referring to the slap to Quinn that is the rabbit biting the wolf when his back is to the wall, an example of desperation (the relationship between the two doesn't change at all)

the problem with despair is that we want to give it a big role, it becomes completely dominant, like with drug addiction

how much does desperation weigh in Maya accepting MC's "sexual" help? how much does it weigh in every single choice we've seen her make?

in the end we would have to conclude that, for better or worse, we don't know Maya at all (and in this Josy is also of little use, because it's not like the two girls know each other that well)

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022

It's possible ho be smart and thumb at the same time, depends on the actions you have to make. Maya seems to be intelligent but lost in some cases (same with Jill), remembers me like another fictional character, Donald Duck, who is (sometimes) thumb and doesn't get anything done but when put on the suit and wears the mask he changes into an intelligent hero.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's possible ho be smart and thumb at the same time, depends on the actions you have to make. Maya seems to be intelligent but lost in some cases (same with Jill), remembers me like another fictional character, Donald Duck, who is (sometimes) thumb and doesn't get anything done but when put on the suit and wears the mask he changes into an intelligent hero.
Definitely, but thinking of Maya smartness is not the first characteristic to come to mind, just like with Donald Duck

Reactions: shazba

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022

We should probably also keep in mind that the scholarship at some point becomes pretty much a public promise made not by some random girl, but by the VP of the sorority in question. Regardless of how abrasive she may appear, Quinn's position lends certain credibility to the matter (and the MC fucks up big time with that vague warning instead of spelling it out for Maya just what kind of shit Quinn is pulling)

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes