ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Maya doesn't understand how Quinn, the villain, not the businesswoman, makes money from hots (which Maya called whores at first sight) and this would show dullness on MC's part?

Came on...
Yes, it does. While Maya not understanding that "using girls to make money" equals whoring them out doesn't do her any favors, she asks the MC what he means. When someone asks you a question with very simple answer, do you think not giving them this simple answer is a smart thing to do? Especially when you're trying to warn them and you can see they don't understand the roundabout version of your warning?

Reactions: ename144

DrSoong

Donor
Jan 8, 2022
Сейчас я собираюсь написать ужасную ересь- но я не думаю, что Badik - лучшая игра даже для колледжа.
Это хорошая игра, но она максимально нейтральна. В нем все углы как-то искусственно сглажены. У персонажей нет серьезных конфликтов и проблем, некоторые из них полностью оторваны от жизни. Вся игра очень камерная, это была бы театральная постановка на трех сценах. По крайней мере, с самого начала сюжет не несет в себе никакой глобальности в соответствии с сеттингом, но все сюжетные арки очень маленькие, банальные решения банальных мелких проблем. Даже отношения с ЛИ прописываются таким образом, что в лучшем случае вы можете игнорировать тех, кто вам не нравится. При этом, согласно сюжету, они будут общаться с вами как обычно.
Картинка неплохая, но стандартные модели, которые можно встретить даже в десятке игр. Но много денег было потрачено на лицензионную музыку.
Повторюсь, игра довольно неплохая, но даже среди «студенческих» игр есть проекты побольше, богаче событиями и в принципе интереснее. То же самое и со мной.
If you want to write a "terrible heresy", you should do it in the common language here, which will be English. So, it's not worth reading your writing.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Сейчас я собираюсь написать ужасную ересь- но я не думаю, что Badik - лучшая игра даже для колледжа.
Это хорошая игра, но она максимально нейтральна. В нем все углы как-то искусственно сглажены. У персонажей нет серьезных конфликтов и проблем, некоторые из них полностью оторваны от жизни. Вся игра очень камерная, это была бы театральная постановка на трех сценах. По крайней мере, с самого начала сюжет не несет в себе никакой глобальности в соответствии с сеттингом, но все сюжетные арки очень маленькие, банальные решения банальных мелких проблем. Даже отношения с ЛИ прописываются таким образом, что в лучшем случае вы можете игнорировать тех, кто вам не нравится. При этом, согласно сюжету, они будут общаться с вами как обычно.
Картинка неплохая, но стандартные модели, которые можно встретить даже в десятке игр. Но много денег было потрачено на лицензионную музыку.
Повторюсь, игра довольно неплохая, но даже среди «студенческих» игр есть проекты побольше, богаче событиями и в принципе интереснее. То же самое и со мной.
English would be more appropriate.

Reactions: Fess1998

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Theory: No matter what choices the player makes, MC WILL find himself blackmailed by Stephen Burke to one extent or another.

Even if you don't screw Jade, Stephen will twist the events of the game around to put MC under his thumb. How many DIK decisions you make will determine just how badly Stephen blackmails MC: beating up Troy, stealing money from Jill, etc.

MC: "...You are out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going to let Maya prostitute herself to you for free tuition."

Stephen Burke: [smirking] "Really, MC? Then I guess I'll have to talk to the Dean about your living arrangements."

MC: "..."

Burke: "What will the Dean say when he finds out you were living illegally in Maya's dorm? Or what on Earth is a 19-year old like yourself doing in a strip club [pulls up Rooster photo MC posing with the strippers]? You're a minor, our city by-laws are very clear, you have to be 21 to work in any establishment that serves alcohol."

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Theory: No matter what choices the player makes, MC WILL find himself blackmailed by Stephen Burke to one extent or another.

Even if you don't screw Jade, Stephen will twist the events of the game around to put MC under his thumb. How many DIK decisions you make will determine just how badly Stephen blackmails MC: beating up Troy, stealing money from Jill, etc.

MC: "...You are out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going to let Maya prostitute herself to you for free tuition."

Stephen Burke: [smirking] "Really, MC? Then I guess I'll have to talk to the Dean about your living arrangements."

MC: "..."

Burke: "What will the Dean say when he finds out you were living illegally in Maya's dorm? Or what on Earth is a 19-year old like yourself doing in a strip club [pulls up Rooster photo MC posing with the strippers]? You're a minor, our city by-laws are very clear, you have to be 21 to work in any establishment that serves alcohol."
MC: "And what has your wife said after sampling this cock? :sneaky: " *ziiiip* *schloong*

Burke: "I will ruin you! :mad: "

MC: "Like I ruined Jade's ass? :devilish:"

Burke: "You are done! :mad: "

MC: "Oh yeah, about that prenup you never signed... :unsure:"

Burke: ":cry:"

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Derek: The possible betrayer, who’s ironically very loyal to his first brother Vinny.

Family comes first.
You must mean Nick, not Derek.

Yes, family indeed is both a theme of the game and the source of many plot intricacies. Not unexpected, really, as for most people--particularly at that young age going off to college and being independent for the first time--family are the people who have made the most impact on us (for better and for worse).

Leon queen

Apr 13, 2020
Been a while since i last played this, does quinn and her posse ever actually do anything bad at all? i remember they made a big deal out of her simply selling weed like she was walter white or a columbian coke fiend, selling weed is harmless.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Been a while since i last played this, does quinn and her posse ever actually do anything bad at all? i remember they made a big deal out of her simply selling weed like she was walter white or a columbian coke fiend, selling weed is harmless.
Remember that scene when she held a syringe, talking to Tommy ? Read somewhere Quinn was supposed to sell heavier stuff but DPC refrained from that and instead went for weed (and coke, we'll see how it'll go on that front)

Reactions: Leon queen

FaustusN

Aug 5, 2020
well, she also sells coke now, also whores some sorority girls out, umm thats pretty much it really

Reactions: Leon queen

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
Theory: The entire game is actually a modern adaptation of the classic short story An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

The ending of Chapter 16 will reveal that the MC actually suffered a broken neck when Steve threw a tennis ball at him at the very beginning of the game, and everything that happened afterwards was a dying hallucination the MC had as he fell to the floor of the mini mart.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yes, it does. While Maya not understanding that "using girls to make money" equals whoring them out doesn't do her any favors, she asks the MC what he means. When someone asks you a question with very simple answer, do you think not giving them this simple answer is a smart thing to do? Especially when you're trying to warn them and you can see they don't understand the roundabout version of your warning?
This seems to me to be quite a biased view. In half the cases mc has nothing more to add, Quinn has offered him a service, he has refused so he doesn't know which girls are involved, he doesn't know how far they go

In the other half of the cases, MC is himself a customer and has no great reason to reveal this to Maya, he has already exposed himself more than he should.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ostap Bender

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
This seems to me to be quite a biased view. In half the cases mc has nothing more to add, Quinn has offered him a service, he has refused so he doesn't know which girls are involved, he doesn't know how far they go
Then he's idiot. She was pretty obvious in what she was offering and if he didn't realize that she was clearly offering sex for money then he's a giant dumbass, and he's not. He knew what she meant and so should you.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
English would be more appropriate.
in short it basically says there is too little drama in the game, "consequences" essentially are inconsequential in regards to characters you chose to "ignore" and standard figure models that can be seen in other games, and too much money has been spent on licensed music

and that there are other college games out there with more substance

Reactions: Sasanid
Jul 22, 2022
You must mean Nick, not Derek.

Yes, family indeed is both a theme of the game and the source of many plot intricacies. Not unexpected, really, as for most people--particularly at that young age going off to college and being independent for the first time--family are the people who have made the most impact on us (for better and for worse).
Yeah I meant Nick, I’ll edit that out. It absolutely fits in perfectly with the age and setting of the characters. I also forgot (Zoey?) the MCs ex and her arc with the grandmother, home blindness, the tattoo parlors little family of misfits.

Yup. Yup can’t understate family’s impact, just watch a couple of interviews from Soft White Underbelly to underline the worse part.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Then he's idiot. She was pretty obvious in what she was offering and if he didn't realize that she was clearly offering sex for money then he's a giant dumbass, and he's not. He knew what she meant and so should you.
In fact, that's not what I wrote. I did not say that he does not know how girls make money. But that he doesn't know who they are and how far their performance goes. For all he knows he might as well stop at the glory hole

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes