The Japanese

Jun 22, 2021
Take a closer look at the picture. The MC points his sword at a beer of the same brand and holds a beer of the same brand in his hand. The firefighter wears a mask, he won't be recognized, but then when he drinks his piss we can see that he has the same skin color as the sheriff.

Here's the picture from before again. We have the MC, son of Lynette. Bianca could be Miranda's daughter, at least that's the general opinion. Then we have Jill Royce. I'm just wondering if Isabella has anything to do with Viv. The number 175 is written on the firefighter's helmet. 1(A) 7+5=12 (L). It's strange. What's even weirder is that the guy was previously a sheriff. Maybe the fire story became a police story.
Dude... "175" is written in the helmet because DPC didn't bother to change it... It's one of the default materials that comes with the :

03-daz3d_firefighter-uniform-for-genesis-3-male_s_-and-genesis-2-male_s_.jpg

I'm not criticizing the guy -- I think he's one of the best devs, probably the best overall -- but he doesn't think about every inch of detail. So it was with the helmet as it was with the uniform of the B&R security personnel wherein he didn't bother to replace the NYPD badge... And the same thing with the beer... He bought the asset and uses it over and over... And he uses many assets without bothering to customize many of them (which is normal, b.t.w., otherwise we would have an ever longer development time...)

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I forgot to say before
But I wish I could take her on a romantic date
How cool would that be?

I would also consider marrying her
She is a beautiful & kind woman
It doesn't bother you that she most likely humped the leg of Prof Burke repetitively?
That's not to mention everyone else within a 10 mile radius, and that probably also includes animals as well.

You're one brave mofo!
:ROFLMAO:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
It doesn't bother you that she most likely humped the leg of Prof Burke repetitively?
That's not to mention everyone else within a 10 mile radius, and that probably also includes animals as well.

You're one brave mofo!
:ROFLMAO:
Haha
It wouldn't bother me tbh
There is something about her I find alluring

Besides I doubt she would cheat on me if we started dating or got married

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Haha
It wouldn't bother me tbh
There is something about her I find alluring

Besides I doubt she would cheat on me if we started dating or got married
Keep telling yourself that.

What I find even funnier though, is she spends her time jumping everyone she comes across, yet she's convinced her baby is Dawe's. It's going to be hilarious when that baby comes out black with an afro. :ROFLMAO:

She'll probably even feed that kid some dog food. :LOL:

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I think by now we have seen enough, so that we can say one thing with absolute certainty :

Every new episode will drop exactly when DPC wants it to !

He will first write the Episode the normal way, then he will fill it up with all the "extra" stuff and then he sits down and thinks about how he can outdo himself. This time it was 60 fps animations, next time it's gonna be something else. And it's probably gonna be something equally useless like "pick and change the clothes of the girl in the scene on the fly !!!"

It will never take him less time to develop a new episode compared to the last.
Putting aside that I believe one of his updates WAS released quicker than the one before it in the past, I think this kind of ignores the fact that DPC is making each episode both larger and BETTER than every one that came before it, all while making your divergent gameplay pay off in reasonable satisfying ways.

Further I don't know why people here get so upset that DPC is trying to IMPROVE his craftmanship. It's one thing to say he's milking (I disagree, but there's some room for differing opinions). It's something else to get upset at the artist for wanting to deliver the highest quality product. Honestly, it makes the complainers seem more like junkies itching for their next fix than consumers wanting to enjoy the product.

This is how real artists actually work, they experiment and push the boundaries of their craft. They're never satisfied, always wanting to add or refine or improve, not for the consumer, but for their own need to self actualize. The alternative is the shit we get in mainstream entertainment these days. Do you really want the BEST AVN ever made to be some derivative low effort shlack like Call of Duty or EA Sports Current Year Sports Game? Is it really that hard to be a little patient?

Moreover, I remember when Ep 9 had JUST released and people were already complaining that DPC had lost his touch or that it wasn't as good, or that it was one long free roam, etc etc. Look, I get it, DPC seems like he's not a fun guy to work with, and there are plenty of valid criticisms to make about the guy, but he really can't win here. He either A. releases faster, smaller, shittier updates and people like you complain about the quality and lack of care put into the work or B. releases larger, better updates (that obviously take more time to create) and people like you complain that he's taking too long. The truth is people want faster and faster content AND high quality updates and yet, I feel like they'd still complain.

Look around at this entire website. There are NO OTHER DEVELOPERS who are producing content at this pace. He is literally the fastest working Dev in the industry. Everyone else is releasing either at a slower pace, or with less content, or both. Meanwhile, you'll most likely get at minimum 1-2 hours of gameplay in Ep 10, even if you rush and have onely one walkthrough.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Putting aside that I believe one of his updates WAS released quicker than the one before it in the past, I think this kind of ignores the fact that DPC is making each episode both larger and BETTER than every one that came before it, all while making your divergent gameplay pay off in reasonable satisfying ways.

Further I don't know why people here get so upset that DPC is trying to IMPROVE his craftmanship. It's one thing to say he's milking (I disagree, but there's some room for differing opinions). It's something else to get upset at the artist for wanting to deliver the highest quality product. Honestly, it makes the complainers seem more like junkies itching for their next fix than consumers wanting to enjoy the product.

This is how real artists actually work, they experiment and push the boundaries of their craft. They're never satisfied, always wanting to add or refine or improve, not for the consumer, but for their own need to self actualize. The alternative is the shit we get in mainstream entertainment these days. Do you really want the BEST AVN ever made to be some derivative low effort shlack like Call of Duty or EA Sports Current Year Sports Game? Is it really that hard to be a little patient?

Moreover, I remember when Ep 9 had JUST released and people were already complaining that DPC had lost his touch or that it wasn't as good, or that it was one long free roam, etc etc. Look, I get it, DPC seems like he's not a fun guy to work with, and there are plenty of valid criticisms to make about the guy, but he really can't win here. He either A. releases faster, smaller, shittier updates and people like you complain about the quality and lack of care put into the work or B. releases larger, better updates (that obviously take more time to create) and people like you complain that he's taking too long. The truth is people want faster and faster content AND high quality updates and yet, I feel like they'd still complain.

Look around at this entire website. There are NO OTHER DEVELOPERS who are producing content at this pace. He is literally the fastest working Dev in the industry. Everyone else is releasing either at a slower pace, or with less content, or both. Meanwhile, you'll most likely get at minimum 1-2 hours of gameplay in Ep 10, even if you rush and have onely one walkthrough.
First, go easier on the assumptions, if you have to use that many to get your point across, you don't have a point worth making to begin with.

Now to the actual topic at hand. The vast majority of the long time users in this thread always had DPC's back, we used the "bigger and better updates" reasoning to explain many of his prior decisions.

What's different this time, is the context, which you by the way either completely failed to recognise or it didn't fit into the point you wanted to make.

Animations have been the bottleneck of every development cycle for a very long time, and it had been accepted as just another part of the "bigger and better" proccess.

This time, 8-9 months into the development process, we got the annoucement that the decision was made a while ago, to upgrade the animations from 30 to 60fps and we kind of collectively ran out of excuses to find a justification for it.

It wasn't something, that I've ever seen anyone request, nor have the FPS ever been a part in the "how to improve the animations" discussions, at least from what I've seen. It had the feel of just being done because he can, and not because it improves the game. That just didn't sit right with a lot of users.

You ask how DPC could win and I think that answer is quite obvious. A poll listing all the improvements he has planed and then let the community give him an idea of what they would actually see as a worthy and exciting new improvement. Then the final decision would still be his alone to make.

Making the best game in the genre, if that is how you feel about BaD, shouldn't make you immune to valid criticism and people voicing their opinions. He never fails to thank all his supporters in his yearly Q&A's and he equally never fails to exclude them in any decision making process and this time the response, at least as far as this thread is concerned, was largely negative.

None of this means that I "hate" DPC or lowers my opinion on BaD, and just like you, I believe that the milking discussion has as many valid as invalid arguments, but it also doesn't stop me to point out a major flaw of his and to adress how it changed my view of the development of BaD for the future.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Dude... "175" is written in the helmet because DPC didn't bother to change it... It's one of the default materials that comes with the :

View attachment 3084744

I'm not criticizing the guy -- I think he's one of the best devs, probably the best overall -- but he doesn't think about every inch of detail. So it was with the helmet as it was with the uniform of the B&R security personnel wherein he didn't bother to replace the NYPD badge... And the same thing with the beer... He bought the asset and uses it over and over... And he uses many assets without bothering to customize many of them (which is normal, b.t.w., otherwise we would have an ever longer development time...)
Thanks for explanation. Since I'm not using/working in DAZ I can only guess what is customizable and what is not. I assumed that this suit/costume of firefighter is not customizable, at least at the part of helmet (colors and other stuff are easier to customize and make them customizable in overall, though).

And it's one thing when customization consists in prescribing some parameters inside the DAZ itself, and quite another when you need to draw a texture or something like that manually, combine everything and load it back, check that everything is working fine, etc.

If there is no customization, although it is possible "by the click of fingers" - this is laziness. But working with textures and so on requires a lot of time and potentially increases developing time.

I partially agree with your claim regarding DPC using the "default" assets. Their customization could make the immersion into the world of the game even deeper and the feeling of secondariness when someone sees the same brands, labels, bottles and so on in other games would be much less. But... imo, this is not something he should spend extra time on, so I don't really care about it, personally. And since he has already used particular assets, it would be strange if he changed them and would lead to additional questions and assumptions from players. Like, for 2 seasons, the characters drink "Pink Beer" and others like that, and then suddenly everything changed. I think only few people of the whole players base may agree for increase development cycle times even more just to allow him to customize some secondary or tertiary assets. It's a material for "remake" if it will be released ever, but not for the current development cycle till its end, imo.

B&R security and that security guy in ANO mansion confused me a lot too. The policemen suit and that "NYPD" badge is just ridiculous. Because police and security are not the same and NYPD badge is making situation even worse. Both regarding giving wrong assumption about where B&R is located and ending with police used as security guards in some college.

But damn it, everywhere and everyone has some flaws. Imo, the above are the kind of those that can be forgiven.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes