Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Still waiting for the 0.9.1 mod update. It's been two weeks now, I really want to play this. Seeing that Scrappy was ill though, and it was the holidays too. Well, hope he feels better.
You know there is another mod you can use and there is at least Universal Ren'Py Mod, the best tool for every Ren'Py game. If you can't wait for Scrappy you should give them a try.

Reactions: budgierless

Lidaweeb

Dec 27, 2022
You know there is another mod you can use and there is at least Universal Ren'Py Mod, the best tool for every Ren'Py game. If you can't wait for Scrappy you should give them a try.
For me Scrappy is something else, worth waiting for tbh, and can u tell me about this Universal renpy mod and how it works please? Thanks

Apr 4, 2020
I used this in ep8 to get the sage and bella path at the same time. I bugged out in episode 9 at the halloween party with 2 cutscene paths conflicting. Any way to fix this?

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hello, for those who used it on version 8.0.2., in terms of mini-games (exam, fight via phone, beer, etc..) it goes like this ?

There is also a cheat to see all the choices at certain times, available ?

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Why do you need 0.9.1 mod? I played the 0.91 with the 0.9 mod he made and had no problem with it.
Think there are a couple minor issues with it. Pretty sure the scrappy mod just reverts all the bug fixed of .91 to .90. You can't win the Shot competition at all even with Becky and the Christmas teaser is played at the beginning of the episode rather than the end (where I was told it plays in vanilla .91). Not unplayable, but a bit of a bother when the base game has less bugs than the mod (that aren't even caused by the mod) and you would have to make a fresh save in order to play the base game, so I get why people want him to make an update.

Redd-rot

Oct 19, 2022
Hello, for those who used it on version 8.0.2., in terms of mini-games (exam, fight via phone, beer, etc..) it goes like this ?

There is also a cheat to see all the choices at certain times, available ?
You get the right answers in the minigames of the test, you can get all the stats and 100HP for the fight minigame, you can get more money for the mansion game, and the beer and paint games aren't modded as far as I know. There is no a cheat for wining the minigames automatically but you can disable-enable minigames when you want, so you can disable them if you don't want to do the tests or the beer minigames, for example, and enable if you want to do the mansion one.

Reactions: Envy*

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
You get the right answers in the minigames of the test, you can get all the stats and 100HP for the fight minigame, you can get more money for the mansion game, and the beer and paint games aren't modded as far as I know. There is no a cheat for wining the minigames automatically but you can disable-enable minigames when you want, so you can disable them if you don't want to do the tests or the beer minigames, for example, and enable if you want to do the mansion one.
Ok thanks !

Cali2021

Aug 29, 2021
Just an FYI if not mentioned already. Using the cheat mod in the main being a DIK will corrupt any saves
you attempt to port over to season three. Even after deleting any saves, doing a fresh install of the game
with no mod it still screwed up the game. After removing the mod, I still got errors in the game. But aside from that
DPC shouldn't give a shit who mods his game as long as he's still getting paid. Mod till your hearts content people.

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
At this point I'm actually motivated to try and do it myself. scrappy would you mind if I use your mod as a base?
Alright, so following up on this, I got around to work on my own take of scrappy's mod. Essentially, it has the same functionality, however I improved it a little bit (personal taste, of course).
  • New feature:
    • Menu options now show whether a particular option has any special results if you have a specific affinity
  • Improvements:
    • Menu options get resized when there are multiple lines
    • Added several characters to the variables menu
    • Made almost every single bool value in the game editable in the variables menu (should probably change that tab to Flags, maybe)
    • Cheat menu can be closed by pressing the Esc key
  • "Bug" fixes:
    • Removed DPC's code that closed or looped the game when you have scrappy's mod
    • The Bella arriving and shots starting event no longer infinitely loops when you have several branches active
  • WIP:
    • Harem route to allow you to view as many scenes as possible in a single playthrough (I don't have an ETA on this yet)
  • Notes:
    • This isn't compatible with scrappy's mod, you have to have only one or the other
    • Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    • I didn't proofread it that much, so excuse any typos and just let me know if you find any so I can fix them
    • So far I only added hints to EP9's choices, so if you want to play Interlude with a walkthrough you should use scrappy's mod, but I'm planning on getting to that, as well as going back to Seasons 1 and 2 to do the same there
1672466427112.png 1672466437398.png 1672466444945.png 1672466455487.png 1672466468213.png 1672466487399.png 1672466493753.png 1672466499905.png

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Alright, so following up on this, I got around to work on my own take of scrappy's mod. Essentially, it has the same functionality, however I improved it a little bit (personal taste, of course).
  • New feature:
    • Menu options now show whether a particular option has any special results if you have a specific affinity
  • Improvements:
    • Made almost every single bool value in the game editable in the variables menu (should probably change that tab to Flags, maybe)
  • "Bug" fixes:
    • The Bella arriving and shots starting event no longer infinitely loops when you have several branches active
  • WIP:
    • Harem route to allow you to view as many scenes as possible in a single playthrough (I don't have an ETA on this yet)
  • Notes:
    • This isn't compatible with scrappy's mod, you have to have only one or the other
    • I didn't proofread it that much, so excuse any typos and just let me know if you find any so I can fix them
    • So far I only added hints to EP9's choices, so if you want to play Interlude with a walkthrough you should use scrappy's mod, but I'm planning on getting to that, as well as going back to Seasons 1 and 2 to do the same there
View attachment 2276096 View attachment 2276099 View attachment 2276101 View attachment 2276102 View attachment 2276103 View attachment 2276104 View attachment 2276105 View attachment 2276106
Wow that's great. Going to wait till harem mode is implemented tho

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
BTW I just realized DPC did intentionally create that infamous loop when several branches are active since I just found this in his code when I was removing all non-PC blockers
Rich (BB code):
if not renpy.variant("pc"):
    $ branchIsabella = True
    $ branchSage = True
    $ branchJill = True
    $ branchMayaJosy = True

Reactions: Redd-rot

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
  • New feature:
  • Improvements:
  • "Bug" fixes:
  • WIP:
  • Notes:
View attachment 2276096 View attachment 2276099 View attachment 2276101 View attachment 2276102 View attachment 2276103 View attachment 2276104 View attachment 2276105 View attachment 2276106
Really great work, thanks alot, but along with the others you did, is the music app working again with your mod?

• Red Heart
Reactions: D3ssel

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
  • New feature:
  • Improvements:
  • "Bug" fixes:
  • WIP:
  • Notes:
The Hero we needed.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes