4.40 star(s) 50 Votes

Mosiah

Dec 26, 2017
I unsubbed. I think there is some funny business going on. I remember their patreon post, I think it was from June, very similar to the current one. It said something like "sorry guys, we are really hoping to get the update done in June, but as the month is coming to an end, this is starting to look less likely".

Either they can't make very basic estimation => at the 23rd of June it looked like we still can deliver by the end of the month, but then almost 3 months later we still have nothing but limp dick in our hands.

Or someone is just milking the patrons while doing f all, would not be the first, definitely not the last.

This sucks, I really liked the game.

Last edited:

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I unsubbed. I think there is some funny business going on. I remember their patreon post, I think it was from June, very similar to the current one. It said something like "sorry guys, we are really hoping to get the update done in June, but as the month is coming to an end, this is starting to look less likely".

Either they can't make very basic estimation => at the 23rd of June it looked like we still can deliver by the end of the month, but then almost 3 months later we still have nothing but limp dick in our hands.

Or someone is just milking the patrons while doing f all, would not be the first, definitely not the last.

This sucks, I really liked the game.
I always think its odd when Devs do this. It could be that they just keep running into delays. I've certainly been there on projects. You fix one problem, two more pop up and you can't seem to get it to stop.

But (particularly here on the wild west of civilized business transactions) I do see a fair bit of the other side too. Where someone is clearly NOT working and they procrastinate, but then they feel like they HAVE to produce something, so they throw out a wildly unrealistic update, only to fall short, and delay delay delay, always promising more and trying to get themselves runway.

The most pathetic (Radiant, for example, although the Dev has absolutely no shame whatsoever) eventually put out SOMETHING, but its always just some slapped together junk, designed to buy more runway. And all it does, is make it even more clear that the Devs were wasting time and money.

I really hope that isn't the case here, the Dev has talent and I think they truly love this project, but they have blown past so many of their own deadlines, and worst of all, the forward progress of their game has stopped completely. We still are not fully caught up to where we were BEFORE the rework. This is how Devs burn out. They try to achieve perfection and fail.

Mosiah

Dec 26, 2017
I really hope that isn't the case here, the Dev has talent and I think they truly love this project, but they have blown past so many of their own deadlines, and worst of all, the forward progress of their game has stopped completely. We still are not fully caught up to where we were BEFORE the rework. This is how Devs burn out. They try to achieve perfection and fail.
So do I. Hope, I mean. And hey, they are posting renders periodically, you get to vote on various proposed changes, status updates are frequent... looks very very promising. But personally, I am stopping the $$$ until they deliver something of substance, surely they have something to show us after 9 months of development.

fpsgamer

Nov 21, 2017
Popular Development Psychology : Theory.
These games (VN) start as dev(s) passion project and when it begins to draw attention, they become greedy.
Soon greed overtakes passion and dev(s) begins slowing the pace of project development for better chance at milking patrons.
Slowly this slow pace becomes a habit to be lazy, thus gradually increasing the period of development cycle {two months - four months - a year or more}.
Less frequent updates results in less attention, further reducing traffic. Soon adding new patron counts become minimum. Dev(s) begins to get second thoughts.. reaching for a absurd conclusion in most cases (REMAKE / RELOAD) further slowing down on new content, dev(s) becoming even more lazy and greedy. Ultimately "passion project" gets abandoned by dev(s).
You just summarized 95% of AVN devs. What is surprising is how stupid people are not to accept the things that are hiding in plain sight.
What i hate more than these devs are the white knights that defend devs practices.
I dont blame devs for being piece of shit scummy greedy people because its a cruel world we will live in and I learned not to question whatever way a man earns his bread, i hate the people that enable them. I hate the dumb patrons(but its also their money so what do i know) that stick with devs after years and years of scam behavior. I know there must be some good devs with really good work ethics and they dont get the same support.

TLDR it's a sad situation.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You just summarized 95% of AVN devs. What is surprising is how stupid people are not to accept the things that are hiding in plain sight.
What i hate more than these devs are the white knights that defend devs practices.
I dont blame devs for being piece of shit scummy greedy people because its a cruel world we will live in and I learned not to question whatever way a man earns his bread, i hate the people that enable them. I hate the dumb patrons(but its also their money so what do i know) that stick with devs after years and years of scam behavior. I know there must be some good devs with really good work ethics and they dont get the same support.

TLDR it's a sad situation.
icstor on you!
(for even thinking the way you do :BootyTime:)

Reactions: DickgirlEnjoyer

Mr Sandman

Game Developer
Dec 12, 2018
I use atom as a text editor, whenever there is a power-cut/BSOD and the file IS NOT saved (there will be a blue icon at the top to indicate that it is not saved) the file becomes corrupt. My dumbass did not make a backup in a week and a half. This happened to me TWICE!
I am working full speed. jsyk. I cant give a release date at this time. It will be free for a week anyway so you dont have to sub to get access to it. Although it would be appreciated.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I use atom as a text editor, whenever there is a power-cut/BSOD and the file IS NOT saved (there will be a blue icon at the top to indicate that it is not saved) the file becomes corrupt. My dumbass did not make a backup in a week and a half. This happened to me TWICE!
I am working full speed. jsyk. I cant give a release date at this time. It will be free for a week anyway so you dont have to sub to get access to it. Although it would be appreciated.
Atom is dead you should try switching to visual studio code. It has replaced atom as the official renpy editor. It's also just a lot better in general.

Reactions: Prometheus51

Totonidze

Aug 21, 2021
ok mate see you to the next month

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
As the other poster said, probably should switch to Visual Studio Code. Surprised you are still using Atom even though I can understand wanting to keep using tools you are used to using.

Mycrusade29

Mar 7, 2021
I am in the combat minigame attacking the 3 jocks because i don't want to take the villain path but everytime i attack it says their defence is too high. Do I just keep attacking and it will eventually hit them?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.18.3b bug

I got from Ana a handjob and this error message appeared:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Quest_CHRIS/CHRIS_QUEST_test59_LIGHT.png'>:
File "game/AllPhoneConversations.rpy", line 20, in script call
call test999 from _call_test999
File "game/AllPhoneConversations.rpy", line 35, in script call
call test9999 from _call_test9999
File "game/Inconsolablecharscript.rpy", line 17028, in script
pause
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 455, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Quest_CHRIS/CHRIS_QUEST_test59_LIGHT.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/AllPhoneConversations.rpy", line 20, in script call
call test999 from _call_test999
File "game/AllPhoneConversations.rpy", line 35, in script call
call test9999 from _call_test9999
File "game/Inconsolablecharscript.rpy", line 17028, in script
pause
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 455, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 824, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 733, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 501, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 307, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Quest_CHRIS/CHRIS_QUEST_test59_LIGHT.png'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
Being Super 0.18.3b.Light
Fri Oct 6 09:06:38 2023

Mosiah

Dec 26, 2017
When was the last time game got update? Seems like eternity. Has it been abandoned or just usually AVN scamtreon devs shenanigans
Gonna be a year in december, and it's the usual shenanigans. Currently, dev claims his dog ate his computer's harddrive.

Reactions: fpsgamer

Mosiah

Dec 26, 2017
Forgot to save the script?
That's BS. Anyone who codes makes saving one of their first habits.
Idk why he is delaying, but it's not cz of issues for sure.
Let's be charitable and say they have. Devs ran into some problems, and lost a week and a half of work, dude says it happened twice. Fuck it, make it 2 months of work gone. Shit happens, happens to a bigger and more experienced teams even.

I can't access the post from May, as I lost acess when I unsubbed, but look at this.

This is a patreon post from JUNE, where dev apologizes that there will be a slight delay, and they're not gonna make the JUNE release after all, and that it's gonna spill into a JULY.

1696971431684.png

It's mid October, and there's not even a RELEASE DATE.

At this point, honestly, I am hoping it's just 'scamtreon shenanigans' as someone put it, because if it isn't, then that's just fucking sad.

Mosiah

Dec 26, 2017
Sandman, bro, if you read through this forum, and are not actually a scammer, just dude trying his best and failing miserably: I don't hate you, just do this:

Do the minimal required work to make the update releaseABLE, even if it is not feature complete, in therms of all the stuff you wanted to add. If you coded 60-70% of the update, just make it compile, run through it to make sure there's no game-breaking bugs, and just share the link, saying sorry guys, I'll just finish this later.

Take a 2 week vacation, touch grass, talk to your parents, see some old friends, and generaly just relax. No sense burning yourself out when you're already half a year late.

Come back, finish the remaining stuff and let's move on.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 50 Votes