Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
I have a few questions:
1. In the "dungeon" that is in the area to the right of the ship, there seem to be some things to be gotten. How do you get everything there? I only managed to get the leather armor.
2. At the top of the mountain, you can build a bridge. Yet in the room beyond that, doesn't seem to be anything. Can someone tell me what to do there?
3. I read somewhere that you can build torches to carry around. How?

Edit: Also someone claimed you can move the statues in the room behind the golem. I can't do that.

Last edited:

JayTac

Oct 5, 2017
This game is what happens when you Focus only on polish and ignore actual gameplay.

Seems like nobody ever playtested this properly, because I can't imagine anyone enjoying how long it takes for everything in the extremely monotonous survival loop, killing any replay value without cheats. When players want to find multiple endings, but can't be assed to play through the game again you have a serious issue.

The game communicates very poorly to the player.
Important basic locations and gameplay features are almost secret levels of hard (meaning random) to find and most of the actual secrets are so finicky it's impossible to tell whether your solution is wrong, there is some arbitrary restriction (like the walking path for the 5 floor-plates with dots) you missed, or the secret is bugged (statues in the room behind the golem randomly can't be moved in some saves).

"The game adapts to the choices you make" the only thing I could find that this means, is if you pick the wrong dialog choices you block off character routes. I'm not gonna waste time building certain combinations of camp extensions just to find out whether NOT building some stuff has content behind it.

What the game doesn't react to is getting the sail before day 10 when the siren shows up, or finishing preparations before the time limit is up, forcing the player to do nothing for 10+ days, because most events don't advance with player progress, but with time.

Also the possibility of running out of iron if the player mines too much with a low level pickaxe, or crafts too much into the wrong products is kinda bad, considering how early in the game you can mess this up, permanently blocking off the escape.

I'd share tips, but I honestly can't recommend playing this without save-game editing in the items you can't find and using a 3x Speedhack, because the grind is boring, walking and fighting is slow and essential gear is in potentially bugged locations.

Last edited:

stark8g

May 29, 2017
I have a few questions:
1. In the "dungeon" that is in the area to the right of the ship, there seem to be some things to be gotten. How do you get everything there? I only managed to get the leather armor.
2. At the top of the mountain, you can build a bridge. Yet in the room beyond that, doesn't seem to be anything. Can someone tell me what to do there?

Edit: Also someone claimed you can move the statues in the room behind the golem. I can't do that.
in your camp in the crafting bench(tourches)

ClaireBear

Aug 25, 2019
I am locked in the room in one of the dungeons (Its the one after you build the bridge to the Lizagon area, that is unlocked by stepping on the 5 tiles with the holes. Its the room where you fight the shadow and get the cursed cloak item. There is a switch behind some spikes and nothing is blocking the door, I just cant leave the room.

RMAUX

Feb 8, 2018
If you get to a place where is only a spider and 5 tiles with a hole on the tile, you gonna hear a click from the <<<< \/ \/ \/ \/ hole on the tile. If you walk /\ > till the next hole and do this till every hole is pressed(every hole right you do you gonna hear a click), you gonna unlock a door to the dungeon, but from the second room of the dungeon where you kill a monster, you can't do anything because you cannot leave and there are spikes on the ground, you guys know how to solve? Or it is bugged? The third room as well.

Unfortunately it seems that it's buggy. I did it, the door opens, but then immediately closes. I can keep solving the puzzle and it keeps opening/closing before I can get into it.

Same issue with the statues you move, mine don't move.

in your camp in the crafting bench(tourches)
My crafting bench is missing torches...

JF123456

Apr 6, 2018
It's a nice game, but too many bugs...

Whenever I get the scene with Idrune at the sprint (at day 26~25) I am teleported to this place View attachment 447713
and cant leave anymore. Anyone know if this is bug or intended and how do I get out?
I have the last version, but I've got this bug too.

And then, when I finally created the anvil, I discovered another bug. When I click on the anvil, nothing happens.

Anyone can help?

ArgolSnow

Aug 29, 2017
I'm surprised with the "Completed" tag, considering how many game breaking bugs there are in this game.

For an example, i can't move any of the statues people claim can be moved, i can't mine obsidian because there is no obsidian to mine on top of the mountain, can't interact with Naipei after giving her the first gift, she just loops dialogue, even if i pass the day.

Reactions: JayTac

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Since I have seen people mention the iron shortage:

What I found out is, what you get and whether a vein runs out or not is random every attempt. That means you need to save ANYTIME you try to mine (that means: save->mine->save->mine..).

Anyway, now that I have completed the game once, I must say:

I don't think I have ever spend as much time for a horrible game as I have for this. Especially the short and rushed "ending" is an insult.

JayTac

Oct 5, 2017
I'm surprised with the "Completed" tag, considering how many game breaking bugs there are in this game.
Dev decided to push it as the release version -> [Completed] tag, even when it's buggier than some 0.1 releases.

I couldn't get Obsidian to appear on top of the mountain after 5 separate saves either and Naipei's dialogue is broken about 95% of the time. Usually when she asks for specific items there is a good chance the [gift item] choice actually does something and you can present animal skulls to her, but even then she declines the gift first and only plays the proper dialogue after talking to her again.

ClaireBear

Aug 25, 2019
The gameplay isn't bad when it works, and out of the Roundscape artists, this is one of my favorites. But there are too many game breaking bugs to play this right now, and replaying for multiple endings is going to be really tedious.

Incombat

Apr 27, 2017
Obsidian axe item is bugged. Not only it takes gold to build, but it doesn't work as a better axe(and if you put away your stone axe, MC doesn't chop wood at all)
If you get to a place where is only a spider and 5 tiles with a hole on the tile, you gonna hear a click from the <<<< \/ \/ \/ \/ hole on the tile. If you walk /\ > till the next hole and do this till every hole is pressed(every hole right you do you gonna hear a click), you gonna unlock a door to the dungeon, but from the second room of the dungeon where you kill a monster, you can't do anything because you cannot leave and there are spikes on the ground, you guys know how to solve? Or it is bugged? The third room as well.
I don't get the route you need to take. I get clicks if I step on tiles 1 then 2, but nothing else. Can someone draw the solution for me, please?
Also, what's the point of 3 buttons in the dungeon where you get Leather Armor, and what do you put on the altar on the bottom floor?

Yuriski

Dec 26, 2017
Obsidian axe item is bugged. Not only it takes gold to build, but it doesn't work as a better axe(and if you put away your stone axe, MC doesn't chop wood at all)

I don't get the route you need to take. I get clicks if I step on tiles 1 then 2, but nothing else. Can someone draw the solution for me, please?
Also, what's the point of 3 buttons in the dungeon where you get Leather Armor, and what do you put on the altar on the bottom floor?
You need to step on the lower left one, go up EXACTLY one square and then to the button to the right, then another one square up and left and so forth.

The 3 buttons reset the stones, I think.

gun506

Dec 1, 2017
I have a few questions:

I don't know about 1 and 3 but as for 2, in the room with a spider there's a stone vein dripping with water you can mine. Keep mining this vein until it breaks completely and you can access vines behind the water now to climb up in the next area, may take a few days to completely mine it though.

2.50 star(s) 23 Votes