Wich ending do you reached in game? Ver 1.01Full

• Total voters

BakaG

Nov 26, 2016
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.
I've always wondered something about this. Why compress the media itself before archiving instead of just using archive compression like 7zip's "compress and archive" option?

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I've always wondered something about this. Why compress the media itself before archiving instead of just using archive compression like 7zip's "compress and archive" option?
7zip and lossless compression algorithms can't beat in ANY way lossy compressions, but this is at the cost of overall quality, of course. In particular, generic lossless algorithms near can't compress at all media (video and audio in particular, uncompressed raw images can sometimes be a bit compressed).
So, you compress all media (audio, video, pictures) with high compression lossy algorithms, deflating the size by an HEAVY factor (virtually unlimited, you're stuck only with final quality in fact), then you use a lossless compression algorithm (LZMA2 for example) for program code (Ren'Py's program and binary libraries, Python scripts, archives, etc.) to gain a bit more space.

But lossy compressions can lead to strange things: first, on image-based animations, compression artifacts (quality loss) can be different from one image to another, resulting on screen by strange color glitches and/or deformations during animation. In all cases, you often lose texture details. If images are JPEG in original game, a double compression often produces a bad result: they should be PNG format for best result.
For videos, dimension can be smaller (then artificially resized on replay), which statistically cut the size by 4 when you cut resolution by 2, and/or use a more aggressive compression algorithm, which can cut size by near any factor. But since most videos in such games are already compressed, a double compression often GREATLY affects quality.
Finally, audio: same as video, but strangely, human ear is more sensible to audio defects than to visual defects. A common compression artifact is to have a "metallic" sound in the final result, with what seems to be a bit higher pitch in voices.

On overall: compressed games are a good thing when you can't afford to waste bandwidth for just testing a game. But if you're not in a country where Internet usage is paid on a data volume basis, skip these versions and stick to the original instead.

Reactions: BakaG

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
You might decrease the size by 5% or so, maybe a little more with some games if you just repack with better compression. The only way to make game assets take up less space is to re-encode with more efficient codecs. If you want to make them significantly smaller, you use that and lossy re-encoding.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Seriously...what is everybody’s problem with the mc being a woman!?! The game is amazing and if skip a part of the story then why the hell play?? Joraell is a great storyteller. You all should be enjoying what he is doing and not complaining. Keep up the great work!!
Some people (myself included) dislike and do not play female protagonist games. It has to do with various factors, personal preference, self-insertion (in the game, not your own dick in your ass), etc. Same reason people don't play games if the MC is forced to be black or something. If it removes your immersion to a distracting degree and the game isn't fun, there's no point in playing.

What people are annoyed about in this case is that you start off as a guy and then boom, sudden vagina!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
According to the dev and THEIR STORY, that *is* normal. If you want to drop a game when the story goes a direction you don't like, especially when you most likely weren't a Patreon anyway, feel free to wander off.
how much content is in here ?
Shall I wait a bit more or is it worth downloading now :unsure:
Some people (myself included) dislike and do not play female protagonist games. It has to do with various factors, personal preference, self-insertion (in the game, not your own dick in your ass), etc. Same reason people don't play games if the MC is forced to be black or something. If it removes your immersion to a distracting degree and the game isn't fun, there's no point in playing.

What people are annoyed about in this case is that you start off as a guy and then boom, sudden vagina!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.L.A.Y. ... T.H.E ... G.A.M.E ...;)!!!

mc SKIPS BODIES LIKE PAJAMAS AND JUST THIS LATEST EPISODE IS ABOUT A BRIEF ADVENTURE FROM A DIFFERENT GENDER ...

Gamers can enjoy fantastic scenes with the angel and some great dames as a Cop! A drug Dealer !
PLay till you reach the part your want to skip --- essentially this update as I understand ...
Or just replay the latter 4.2 version that stops right before this episode.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Playing games like this can sometimes make emotional and psychological investments towards the characters you're dealing with. Besides, it is YOU who makes the decision on how you deal with them and how the game will progress. So, if you're uncomfortable, either you stop, or deal with it. Besides, the MC will probably be back to a "sausage-and-egg walking meat machine" after this version. Just keep it to your selves for the meantime. I mean no hate, just expressing my opinion to all. Have a great day everyone.

P.S.
I'm almost done with the Fan WT. But since this issue has surfaced, I MIGHT put a disclaimer before the event of MC possessing Scarlett (before the end of v0.41).

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
You had been Betrayed. I'm so Sorry.:devilish:

Now you must live with vagina for eternity. Your punishment from Devil, Didn't you read whole devil's deal correctly? Pffff......

In next update MC can swicth into Rocco ( wich is Megan's lab rat) and banging other rats in sewer. Anybody will complayning? Probably not, cause he has big dick.....

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Seriously...what is everybody’s problem with the mc being a woman!?! The game is amazing and if skip a part of the story then why the hell play?? Joraell is a great storyteller. You all should be enjoying what he is doing and not complaining. Keep up the great work!!
Paper thin ego in most cases.

Now you must live with vagina for eternity. Your punishment from Devil, Didn't you read whole devil's deal correctly? Pffff......
Well the she-Devil is always trying to fuck you up... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

In next update MC can swicth into Rocco ( wich is Megan's lab rat) and banging other rats in sewer. Anybody will complayning? Probably not, cause he has big dick.....
Paper thin ego in most cases.

Well the she-Devil is always trying to fuck you up... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
sTOP THROWING OFF PUTTING TANTRUMS AROUND .. YOU WILL GET SLAPPED WITH ZOO OR VORE OR which ever kink is most hated and drop your appeal. Alienating the fan base is never an option
;)!

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I mean no hate, just expressing my opinion to all.
Which is, I suspect, what most people voicing their displeasure are doing.

I'm all for the dev of any game doing their thing and their story. I'd never suggest they should change their creation to suit my needs.

Just keep it to your selves for the meantime.
And there's the problem.

Umm. No.

Everyone's free to bitch about shit they don't like. Last I checked this wasn't Rotten Tomatoes or the lefty-twat Democratic Party Club where people get triggered because someone has a viewpoint that doesn't match theirs.

If you don't like someone's point of view, rebuke them, or don't, but don't tell to them just keep quiet because you don't agree with them.

Anywho, I'm done.

*moves on*

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
About the hint mini games are coming ... I just watched some animation for the glass slipper drama of Cinderella ... using the rat populace and / or the aviary familiars are a thing in plot advancement and the deux ex makina kids enjoy most of the time => nature and the small selfless minions of fate pulling and shoving in the way of the protagonist;)!

Game On! Have Fun! Demon galore is a source of unending schemes and machinations prone for MC!

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
sTOP THROWING OFF PUTTING TANTRUMS AROUND .. YOU WILL GET SLAPPED WITH ZOO OR VORE OR which ever kink is most hated and drop your appeal. Alienating the fan base is never an option
;)!
Well you won't see me doing a tantrum about something like that specially when it was already know it would happen.;)

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Joraell Walkthrough is done. I attached the file. There are things that I was suppose to include but I'm not sure if it's the right time to do so. Anyway, I hope this will help them for the time being.

By the way, no errors found, just a bit of grammar and spelling errors. Forgot to mark those errors /pif

Added. Nice work.
About bugs I'm happy that another didn't come up. :)

3.90 star(s) 154 Votes