underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Dude! That is fucking great! Really! I enjoyed it a lot! Looking forward to see more content. Excellent work, Drooskati ! If you can answer me, how often do you plan release updates?

Reactions: m4pII

Crazy10

Dec 18, 2019
Here is Unofficial compressed Android Port for Between Two Worlds chapter 2.

You can change opacity of text box and size of text from settings.

Gesture enable.

Can hide quick menu.

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My unofficial Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. You save will not get deleted after uninstalling app.

Reactions: Drooskati

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Dude! That is fucking great! Really! I enjoyed it a lot! Looking forward to see more content. Excellent work, Drooskati ! If you can answer me, how often do you plan release updates?
Hello and thank you for the kind words :) I'm aiming for 8-12 weeks. I am a player as well, and I know I personally get a bit frustrated when games I enjoy take 4, 5, 6+ months between updates. I will not do that myself!

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Here is Unofficial compressed Android Port for Between Two Worlds chapter 2.

Mega

You can change opacity of text box and size of text from settings.

Gesture enable.

Can hide quick menu.

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My unofficial Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. You save will not get deleted after uninstalling app.
Thank you for this. I'll add it to the main post!

Reactions: Crazy10

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello and thank you for the kind words :) I'm aiming for 8-12 weeks. I am a player as well, and I know I personally get a bit frustrated when games I enjoy take 4, 5, 6+ months between updates. I will not do that myself!
just don't feel you have to release something you're not happy with just to hit a schedule. As a player, you know nothing is more frustrating than an update that isn't "right" or really finished. Go your pace, not ours ;) :cool: (y)

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
why do devs put a full pause especially after an animation? be better to put a timer for pause and continue with story i.e.
Code:
    $ renpy.movie_cutscene("some video")
    pause 1
    scene black with dissolve
    jump next to scene

Kronosis

Oct 27, 2020
Just played through for the first time and can honestly say that this game is amazing. Both, story rich and very visually appealing. Can't wait for the future development of this VN.

Reactions: Drooskati

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Note for anyone who wishes to download the game: Someone has decided to try and claim my game as their own on Mega, so the Windows link is not functioning. I've obviously filed a counter claim, but Mega won't restore the content for 10 days, and won't let me upload a new copy. Please use one of the other download links. This only affects the Windows version, and the Mega link for it.

halleluja10

Jan 8, 2020
Hi!

Absolutely love this game!

Note for anyone who wishes to download the game: Someone has decided to try and claim my game as their own on Mega, so the Windows link is not functioning. I've obviously filed a counter claim, but Mega won't restore the content for 10 days, and won't let me upload a new copy. Please use one of the other download links. This only affects the Windows version, and the Mega link for it.
people these days!

Hope you are allright! Have you been able to resolve this problem?

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Hi!

Absolutely love this game!

people these days!

Hope you are allright! Have you been able to resolve this problem?
Thanks :) And yes, though it extended further. After they claimed the Mega link, and I reached out to them, they released the claim. Then, a week later, both the Mac and Windows releases on the Google Drive got hit. I contacted the same person, and advised him via a VERY thinly veiled threat that continued abuse of the DMCA has legal and financial repercussions. They are now working with me to add my distro URLs to their database manually, so I don't sue them :p

The issue is that there is a failed Australian TV show with the same name (It lasted one season). And this company is tagging literally anything with the words "Between Two Worlds" in it.

halleluja10

Jan 8, 2020
Thanks :) And yes, though it extended further. After they claimed the Mega link, and I reached out to them, they released the claim. Then, a week later, both the Mac and Windows releases on the Google Drive got hit. I contacted the same person, and advised him via a VERY thinly veiled threat that continued abuse of the DMCA has legal and financial repercussions. They are now working with me to add my distro URLs to their database manually, so I don't sue them :p

The issue is that there is a failed Australian TV show with the same name (It lasted one season). And this company is tagging literally anything with the words "Between Two Worlds" in it.
Oh!
A brother of my grandfather wrote a book called "the diary". :unsure:Maybe I should start checking the internet about any mentions of a diary. Might be a good way to get rich.:love:

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
(Post is taken from Patreon)

Hello, please take your seats. Come, come. Quickly now. I only paid for 5 minutes worth of time, so we need to get through this. Hey, Eric, come on man. Sit down.

Thank you.

Welcome! So, I figured it was time to do a public update, since it's been a couple weeks. Of course, you're always able to follow the development progress via the Trello board, which will be linked below. But still, it's nice to reach out to people this way as well. As of tonight, Chapter 3 status is as follows:

Creative Design - 90%
Environment Design - 75%
Writing - 85%
Rendering - 15%
Animation - 12%
Code - 0%

Creative design is done as I do the writing, so those tend to move hand in hand. Environment is a mixture of writing, plus rendering. When I write, I have plans for the environment, but that doesn't always meet the needs of the actual rendered scenes, so that goes up a bit slower. I only have 3 scenes left to write, so that's almost done! Rendering is progressing at a steady clip now, and I just completed my largest animation to date. Boy it felt good to finish that up.

As for code, that is, quite simply, the easiest thing for me to do. I can easily code out the chapter in 2 or 3 days, which I start doing towards the end of the rendering process.

I still need to work on the Christmas bonus content, which I plan to start as soon as I finish writing the chapter (In the next couple days).

That's it for now! Thank you all for your support. If you're in the USA, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you're not, I hope you have a terrific week, and an excellent weekend!

Trello Update Board link for Chapter 3:

btw-03-02a-015.png

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
is there a Walkthrough for this game
No walkthrough is needed. I will never send you to a "bad ending". The hope with my game, is that you will play it how you want to play it, make choices that you would actually make. Eventually, I'm sure someone will make something that shows the route process. If not, one will be included in a later chapter by me, and will be implemented inside the game via toggle.

But again, I'd highly recommend just playing, and going with what you want.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I think it's past time for an update. I have done several in my Discord, and on Patreon, but there are people following here that aren't on either of those.

Patreon Post if you would like to see it:

Text if you just want to stay here, as well as a new preview image:

I hope everyone had a happy, and safe, New Year celebration! Personally, I drove. Alot. My "day job" is Uber/Lyft. So plenty of drunk people in my car. But then, I went home and did a ton of real work. Things are moving quick now! So, let's get to what everyone is actually here for. The status update. So let's get to it. First, what is done:

Creative Design, Environment Design, and Writing are all now entirely finished. Not only is the writing finished, but I'm getting a head start on Chapter 4 writing! As I render images for Chapter 3, I've already started storyboarding and writing for the next update. Scenes are being planned, and a few new characters developed.

Speaking of rendering, I am really making progress there. I finished scene 5B on New Years Day. I managed to do the entirety of 6A on the 2nd. As I write this, images for 6B are rendering. Officially, the renders are now over 50% done, and rising quickly! In addition, at the halfway point, I've now rendered out over 9,000 frames of animation. To compare, Chapter 2 had about ~10,000 frames in TOTAL. And more is coming!

I have 2+ more split scenes to render (The rest of 6, then 7 and 8), and then its 6 normal scenes. I will begin coding once I get to scene 9, as well as music and sound design.

I can see the finish line for this update, and I am so looking forward to it. Now that the holiday season is over, my nose is on that grindstone, and it's time to get this done. I look forward to getting this out to everyone!

Final note, I recently had a dev from one of the top 10 games of the recent F95 Christmas contest, to do a crossover. So, a couple of our girls will get to do a cameo in that game as well. I am excited for that, and more details will come soon!

btw-03-06b-004.png

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes